Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 671 672 673 674 675 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
mirocu
post Jul 8 2019, 09:34 AM
Post #13441

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Keep moving upwards and onwards, rider! salute.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jul 9 2019, 12:17 PM
Post #13442

Master
Group Icon

Ride your e.coli haughtily to good health, Lady Haute! May you recover soon.

Always wondered what the ‘ecole’ part of your name stands for tho

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 9 2019, 02:20 PM
Post #13443

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jul 9 2019, 07:17 AM) *

Ride your e.coli haughtily to good health, Lady Haute! May you recover soon.

Always wondered what the ‘ecole’ part of your name stands for tho

It is from horseback riding. Haute Ecole means "High School", it is part of classical dressage, and focuses on leaping with a horse. What is often called "The Airs Above The Ground". The famous Spanish riding school of Vienna is really noted for it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jul 9 2019, 03:00 PM
Post #13444

Master
Group Icon

As ever with the wisdom of our own Sage. Arigatou, Sabburoza-Sensei. TIL what it means kekeke

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 9 2019, 05:01 PM
Post #13445

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jul 9 2019, 10:00 AM) *

As ever with the wisdom of our own Sage. Arigatou, Sabburoza-Sensei. TIL what it means kekeke

laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ybp_YFo7I

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 23 2019, 09:30 AM
Post #13446

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Having coffee and freshly baked toscakaka biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 23 2019, 01:22 PM
Post #13447

Paladin
Group Icon

I had to look up the cake - sounds pretty good! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 23 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #13448

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 23 2019, 02:22 PM) *

I had to look up the cake - sounds pretty good! tongue.gif

Sorry for being too lazy to translate it rollinglaugh.gif

Also; having the same again now biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 23 2019, 06:04 PM
Post #13449

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 23 2019, 04:30 AM) *

Having coffee and freshly baked toscakaka biggrin.gif

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 23 2019, 06:55 PM
Post #13450

Master
Group Icon

So, as may have been mentioned previously, we are currently without a kitchen. Our cooking options consist of a hot plate, a toaster oven, a charcoal grill (if it isn't raining- see below) and a portable microwave. And all of that means we tend to have to get carryout. But we are a bit... particular about it.

There is one specific pizza we like, which is of course only available in one place- a town about 15 miles from our house. We had an “opportunity” yesterday, due to Mrs. Treydog having cataract surgery at 8 in the morning, with a followup appointment at 3 in the afternoon.

With much driving in the bands of rain, which seemed to wait until we were actually on the road, as opposed to inside when it wouldn't have mattered, we made plans on our second return trip to go to the home of the crusty, cheesy amalgamation we craved. Now, of course, that town is NOT the same one as where the eye surgery was performed- because that would just be too easy.

With her eye reconfigured (insert Six Million Dollar Man sound-effect here), I drove the Mrs. in search of enough pizza to see us through several days- in the rain. It was there- it was hot- we each ate one slice before getting back on the road. Because it is tradition when one has had surgery, we also decided to stop for ice cream. And because I tend to end up wearing the contents of my cone in the best of circumstances, we ate it on the premises of the ice cream parlor. (Key Lime for me- Sea Salt Caramel with Almond for her). The pizzas were safely ensconced on the back seat of the vehicle- Mrs. Treydog's car, I should note.

Homeward bound, through more bands of rain. The which are not too bad, UNTIL we get into our driveway. At which point, the sky opens up and decides to hammer down like the OTHER sort of cataract. We waited until it became clear it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. Dashed inside, not bothering with the pizza- because the ice cream had kinda filled us up anyway- and the boxes would be fine there on the back seat, with the other cardboard that the Mrs. had accumulated- for... later.

Once inside, I check the weather and the radar makes it clear that the heavy deluge will not be over until after midnight. (They also had pictures of animals lining up two by two... but... pizza). So I made the dash out into the looming gloom and rain and retrieved our sustenance for the rest of the week. As I dashed back in (again)- I thought I felt something on my arms, but... I melt if I get rained on too much- and also... pizza. Once I put the precious cargo down, I glanced at my arms.

Ants? Ants! The little bitty black ants- skittering and scattering on my arms! Obviously, they had colonized underneath the cardboard in the back seat of the infrequently driven (and less frequently cleaned) car. Back out onto the porch to brush them off. Mrs. Treydog, who always has her priorities in order, ignored me and checked the pizza boxes. More ants! Quick- get the boxes outside! Brush the critters off! Save the pizza! So- in the darkness (with me holding a flashlight) and the rain, we unboxed the pizza, checking each slice for unwanted added ingredients, dumped them onto a baking sheet and tossed the boxes (and their inhabitants) into the yard.

So- if any of ya'll want to come by, we are having Mr. Gatti's pizza- with pepperoni, green olives, and black ants....

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 23 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #13451

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh no! The Antpocalypse has begun!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 23 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #13452

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif

Mrs. Treydog’s bionic eye(s) got a workout on their first day!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 23 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #13453

Paladin
Group Icon

That pizza must be pretty good indeed. After all, 50,000 ants can't be wrong! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 23 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #13454

Master
Group Icon

Treydog's Excellent Adventure. laugh.gif At the risk of jinxing myself, I've not had an 'ant episode' in some years. My kitchen used to be infested with them. Luckily, when I had my home termite treated it seems to have rid me of ants too. They sometime get in my car, but so far haven't messed with groceries.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 24 2019, 02:34 AM
Post #13455

Ancient
Group Icon

My "soon-to-be" Daughter got in her infrequently driven car about a month ago and had an antastic experience too. I mean, why a car? No food or water, right?

However, if I was an ant, Gatti's Pizza would be high on my list of things to have a great time eating with my army of friends, lol.

Poor Mrs. Treydog; I hope the doctor didn't give her any instructions such as "Don't get Bionic eyes wet in the first 24 hours;" or "don't get near any ant colonies for the first 24 hours," etc.

My best wishes for her speedy recovery from surgery; and hopefully no ants made it inside from that adventure!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 24 2019, 09:19 AM
Post #13456

Spam Meister
Group Icon

A colony of pizza ants makes you wish for a regular winter biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jul 24 2019, 09:20 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 25 2019, 07:15 PM
Post #13457

Master
Group Icon

Treydog’s antventure had me chuckling . . .

I‘ve been fortunate so far to avoid any such visitors!

An update: I had my bronchoscopy yesterday, and the dr found mucus plugs throughout my lower lung fields. He removed quite a bit of it, and collected samples for cultures. Afterwards, I had a fever (up to 101.2) so it was a good thing I had taken the day off from work. I could only eat a couple of pieces of toast, and didn’t manage to drink enough fluids, I was so wiped out from the fever. Today the fever is gone, but I”m still tired, throat is still sore, and I really need to catch up on my fluids. I hope to get results in the next few days, and we’ll see what we are dealing with.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 25 2019, 07:25 PM
Post #13458

Councilor
Group Icon

Rider, I hope that you're on your feet soon and that it turns out to be something that's easily treated.

In arthropod news, I met a tiny baby centipede in my sink this morning. I wonder if and where I will meet its 999 siblings.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 25 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #13459

Paladin
Group Icon

Rider, so glad they are looking and beginning to find some stuff that will help diagnose. Then, as Grits said, we'll hope it's something that is easily treated.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 25 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #13460

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jul 25 2019, 02:15 PM) *

Treydog’s antventure had me chuckling . . .

I‘ve been fortunate so far to avoid any such visitors!

An update: I had my bronchoscopy yesterday, and the dr found mucus plugs throughout my lower lung fields. He removed quite a bit of it, and collected samples for cultures. Afterwards, I had a fever (up to 101.2) so it was a good thing I had taken the day off from work. I could only eat a couple of pieces of toast, and didn’t manage to drink enough fluids, I was so wiped out from the fever. Today the fever is gone, but I”m still tired, throat is still sore, and I really need to catch up on my fluids. I hope to get results in the next few days, and we’ll see what we are dealing with.

I know it is sore and exhausting right now, Haute; but you will be surprised how much better your breathing will be just from them cleaning what they did from your lungs; and when you breathe better you will feel much better.

It is really hard to feel 100% with any lung issues because the life of every cell in your body depends on your lungs for that oxygen to keep every cell and every organ alive. Even small things can obstruct your breathing and offset your whole health system.

When they cleaned the cysts out of my lungs, they filled my lungs with some kind of cleaning solution and scrubbed them; then vacuumed the water out and sent it and the cysts off to a Pathology lab to make sure everything was benign. (it was).

My throat was sore a few days from the procedure; and I was exhausted for two days from it. But then suddenly I was able to breathe deeply again for the first time in a long time; no coughing or wheezing; and suddenly I had ten times the energy - just from how easy breathing became after removing those cysts and that cleaning of my lungs.

That easier breathing lasted two years. (I need them to do it again; really having issues again now). But you just had yours done; this should really help you. Did they send them off to Pathology to determine what was causing the mucous plugs?

I am much better pleased with this doctor now that he/she is proactively hunting for a diagnosis for the problem (and actually doing something about it). I hope they can fix your lungs up so you can feel vibrant again! Hug_emoticon.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 25 2019, 08:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 671 672 673 674 675 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:39 AM