Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Back to Morrowind Modding, Celestial Wizard Robes mod
Ibis
post May 23 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, after finding that my computer plays Oblivion really laggy, until I can get a new video card - I thought, oh well, at least I can make some mods for Oblivion. Which I have done. But, this thing about unpacking the .bsa files (why did they do it this way, to make it so difficult to get the meshes & textures?) - well I put it off even though I'd downloaded the unpacker tool.

So when I finally did get inspired to make some new wizard robes and needed to unpack the .bsa in order to retexture - I come to find out that I cannot fit the entire expanded data files on my w2k side of my hard drive. I would have to stop playing either Guild Wars or Dungeons & Dragons and erase it from the hard drive. But I am still enjoying both of those games.

Sooo, the logical conclusion is that I will make my wizard robes in Morrowind, which is on the w98 side of my hard drive & working just fine, thank you. lol

So anyway ... here are my first 3 wizard robes with some accessories. I found these textures from space photos and thought they'd make a good Celestial Robe collection. I think I'll make a quest mod which will include clues - kinda like a treasure hunt - to find the different wizard robes. Maybe a wizard tower might be in order, I don't know how extensive it might get.

So ... HERE .. they are. There are drab ones, plain ones, spectacular ones and ones in between. A little bit of something for everyone, I'm hoping.

Anyone who'd like to suggest names and/or enchantments for the three shown here - your help would be appreciated and you'll be named in the ReadMe. I like to retexture, but I'm not all that great with the enchantments and catchy names.
Thanks. smile.gif Also, if you can think of any of the helms that might look okay retextured as a wizard/mage hat, let me know. I'm kinda tired of always using the Colovian Helm as a mage hat. They've gotta have a bit more fashion to their lives than that. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:09 AM