Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> ====----- The Li'l Coffee Shoppe ----======, Ye ole pub style!
The Metal Mallet
post Mar 14 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

As Revan mentioned, time to start up a new coffee shop. May the possible antics continue! Possibly...

QUOTE(minque)
This is meant to be a place where you can talk about anything without having to stay on topic. Feel free to ask questions, to talk about the things in your life you like to share with your fellow-members. Or just step inside for a while, have a coffe and a good chat!
You may feel free to post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules of the forum.
But if the conversation degrades to spam, you will be treated as though you are spamming anywhere else on the forum. This is a thread where you can relax and talk about personal things, but it is not to be used as an excuse to make pointless posts.
Please help to keep this alive and well and a place where we can meet and share.
Enjoy your stay here!!!

QUOTE(Alexander)
We had intended the coffee shop to be a nice place where people could talk about their daily activities and such, kinda like the Lurkers Lair on the Official Forums.
It didn't quite turn out that way though, people have been taking advantage of their freedoms in here, there has been a lot of spamming and even some flaming. We will not tolerate that any longer.
So unfortunately we've had to decide to increase the rules for this thread. Of course the normal forum rules still apply, but we'll elaborate here.:
1. No spamming.
We consider double posting and posting posts with only a few words to be spam. If you do that your post will be deleter or moved, do it too often and you might receive a warning for it.
We also consider chit-chat spam. This forum has a special chat channel for chatting, you're welcome to go there, and chat with other members or with the staff as we're always there, doing it in here is not allowed.
The address to that chatroom is:
W4O chat
And for assistence to use a chat like this, I recommend looking over this thread:
http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com/viewtopic.php?t=248
Or contacting one of the Administrators.
2. No discussion of accounts or warnings.
There shall be no more discussion about members, about accounts, about how many warnings you've gotten or anything like that.
3. No trolling.
No posting of random nonsense, no posting of irrelevant things, no posting the same thing over and over just to get it noticed, no swearing or flaming.
4. No religion or politics.
No discussion about religion or politics is to be had in these threads. If you want to discuss religion or politics, please do make another thread, or if another such thread already exists, please post in it.
If you have a question about the rules of the forums, feel free to ask it to either a Global Moderator or an Administrator.
If you're unsure if something is fit to post here, it might be. Again best to ask a Global Moderator or Administrator.
If you're wondering how we think a Lair or the Coffee Shop should look like, what we do allow, then I recommend taking a look at the Lurkers Lair at the Official Forums.

Edited to add rules ~ Wolfie

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Mar 14 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #2

Mage
Group Icon

ShogunSniper, consider it a little bit of both biggrin.gif

Oh and as a mater of interest, has anyone who watches Stargate SG-1 seen the last ever episode yet? If so, what did you think of it?

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 14 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

I haven't watched it yet.

*looks at the rules* Eh, oops. I think we just really broke rule 3. Eep, a glass of water please?

In other news, I might get a serious computer upgrade. You see, my dad works for the local government as the guy who keeps the hardware running. (Mysteriously, any piece of hardware he touches crashes two days later.)
Anyway, they've got some silly rule out which means that any computer slower than 2 gigahertz needs to be replaced. The old ones are then (oddly enough) given away for free to the workers. (Geez, you could make a nice bit of money by selling them. Odd.)

Anyway, from 650 megahertz to 1.8 gigahertz is quite a nice improvement. Furthermore, I'm hoping it has a better 3d card in it. If it does, the first thing I'll do is to throw away that stupid nomag mod and enjoy Morrowind the way it was meant to be enjoyed, with enchanting and with spells being flung all over the place.

(Ok, so all computers slower than 2 gigahertz need to go? 1.8 isn't that much slower.)

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Mar 14 2007, 08:46 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
1234king
post Mar 14 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

wow good for you jack, but i need some serious question answering here! my xbox360.......well its wierd becuase when you turn it on you hear the sound and everything but theres no picture, and i've tried it on 3 different tvs so it is definately the xbox. i just need some opinions right like, do you think i should just by another cord with the audio and video or should i take it in or what??

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Mar 14 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Well I would replace the cord first, since it's probably the more cheap approach to troubleshooting. If that doesn't help, then take it in. Of course, if taking it in doesn't cost any money, then do that first. Or just call a hotline and see what they also suggest you do before taking it in.

There's my 2 cents.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
1234king
post Mar 14 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

that was more like 4 cents, but thanx for the advice lol

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Mar 14 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

anyone play in any gaming tournaments?

friday im goin to a gears of war tournament and a super smash brothers tournament.

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Mar 14 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

nah, well, at least noy yet. Maybe when I'm in the final years of High School..... probably Halo 3 tournaments or something like that.....
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Mar 14 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #9

Senor Snore
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wolfie @ Mar 14 2007, 08:28 PM) *

Oh and as a mater of interest, has anyone who watches Stargate SG-1 seen the last ever episode yet? If so, what did you think of it?

Not the very best, but a good one, and some more time together with the whole team!

I really am going to miss this show. Can't wait for the movies!

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Mar 14 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #10

Mage
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargelman @ Mar 14 2007, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Wolfie @ Mar 14 2007, 08:28 PM) *

Not the very best, but a good one, and some more time together with the whole team!

I really am going to miss this show. Can't wait for the movies!

Yeah it could have been better, but it was still a damned good episode. I can't believe what happened to the Asgard! Although it's interesting how they brought back in that Fifth Race plotline, which was abandoned pretty much since the episode of the same name back in season 2 lol
I defeinitely can't wait for the movies now biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
canis216
post Mar 15 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

Glad to hear that Jack may soon be playing Morrowind in something approaching full glory (or at least without nasty graphics glitches). There are so many things that make for a richer game world that can only be enjoyed on the faster PC.

Me, I'm hoping to make enough money this summer to either upgrade my computer or just get a new one entirely. Just the tower, though. The rest of my stuff is still good. Then I might be able to play Oblivion (opening new fan-fic horizons!) and really step-up my Morrowind experience.

This post has been edited by canis216: Mar 15 2007, 12:51 AM

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 15 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

I must say I've never watched Stargate, more due to inconvenient times of broadcasting than anything else. What I saw did make it seem like a fun show.

Yup, I sure hope I won't have to stare at the fricking glitches anymore. Nothing hurts more than an ashstorm and not even seeing a wall if you're running right into it. I saw some movies, and there the ashstorms are transparant. Or what I call the faces. My current comp can't even get the textures right so I get freaky stuff on the walls, the floor, the ceiling etc. Usually the textures used on the heads of NPCs (hence, faces.) though shields seem popular as well.

And yes, there's only so much you can do with fanfics if you keep them within the game. That's why I've begun to switch over a bit. Corrupted Heart is technically a TES: Arena fanfic but since Arena is so old and barebones compared to its sequels, I get to make up just about anything I want. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Mar 15 2007, 07:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Mar 15 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #13

Senor Snore
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Mar 15 2007, 07:28 AM) *

Corrupted Heart is technically a TES: Arena fanfic but since Arena is so old and barebones compared to its sequels, I get to make up just about anything I want. biggrin.gif

By the frozen wastes! Have you heard about the Afterdark Society? Those nonhuman heathen they meet every
night in front of the Brotherhood of Seth! Also, the prophet I see tells me that Hammerfell will be decimated by plague early next year.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Mar 15 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

I just tried out the Arena download,.......

......after two hours I am STILL in that freaking starter dungeon!!

My guess is that once you are in the water you can't climb the walls?

Not to mention it is sllllooowwww...just my lack of attention span I guess.
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Mar 15 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

so not 10 minutes ago i glanced over at my computer. it doesnt have a case so i can see its inards...

anyway i see one of my cooling fans literally dangling by a thread from my graphics card.

so im like 'wtf?" and turn off/unplug my computer. pull out the card only to find the quite large heat sink the fan was once embedded in is now extremely hot. i let it cool, poke around at the fan and the thing just kinda falls out. underneath it is a small bit of circuitry that controlled the fan.... it has been blackened, as well as my plastic fan blades have been slightly warped by heat. if i didnt know better my graphics card had caught on fire...

so now im running on the stock mobo card... a geforce 4 or some POS like that that could barely play morrowind.

*sigh* i guess it was time to upgrade anyway. does nvidia make 7800s for agp8x?

... as i reread this my words looked to be trembling... i looked closer and it appeared that my screen was.... cooking for lack of a better word.. it looked like those heat waves you see coming off the road on a hot day are moving across my screen. if im gone for a few days, assume the worst.

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Mar 15 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Mar 15 2007, 04:04 PM) *

I just tried out the Arena download,.......

......after two hours I am STILL in that freaking starter dungeon!!

My guess is that once you are in the water you can't climb the walls?

Not to mention it is sllllooowwww...just my lack of attention span I guess.

I feel your pain. It took me about 5 tries to get the heck out of there. Do you know how to jump? I've found that you can jump out of the water and back up onto dry land.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 16 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

You can jump while in the water? To climb out of the water, aim straight for a ledge and keep going forward till you're on top. Don't let go to do anything else, even when one of those pesky goblins is wailing at you. If you do even as much as a single step to the left or swing your pointy tool, you'll fall back down and have to do it all over again.

I got lucky in that I made it out on the first try. Haven't managed to reproduce that though. kvleft.gif

And yes, Arena is slow. Though in my case, I think it's my comp and Dosbox. Dosbox is a nice program, but it drinks up resources a lot more than real DOS.

And Shogun, good luck with your upgrades/repairs. It sounds like a nasty problem you have.

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Mar 16 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

There are ways to speed up the game... I don't remember how off-hand. I've been busy, so I haven't played Arena in maybe a month. There are guides out there to help. And yeah, you can jump out of the water really easily, I've found. Or maybe it's a jump/climb, but it still works. I was so happy when I got out of there and made it to Windhelm.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Mar 17 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

i havent slept in 27 hours.

just pulled an all nighter at fragocity 4.5

our team won the grears of war tournament. yay.

im so tired i had to retype won three times.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Mar 17 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Then go to bed!!! If you won that tourney you deserve it!

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:45 AM