Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Goblin Lady
Renee
post Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey. So in this thread I will writing up stories pertaining to TES IV: Oblivion. Because I keep thinking of more an more ideas that occur within this game. All of these stories will be rather short, two or three months apiece, I think, rather than years and years. And the very first one shall begin in the post below.

So far there are three story ideas I've come up with: a former scholar, a monk, and a guard. All of this isn't just to write stories, it's to (as usual) enhance my gaming. Make it more interesting.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 14 2019, 02:53 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Renee
post Sep 29 2019, 03:02 AM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes Lopov, Acadian, and SubRosa, that is Lady Saga in the beginning. smile.gif

I apologize for Jayne's behavior in that chapter, she was getting drunk and has been under a lot of stress.

Ha, that Bela Lugosi rant is awesome! I like it! That entire rant was stream-of-consciousness for me (as the writer). Sort of like automatic writing without the spiritual connotation. I just tap into what my toon would like to say. Sometimes it does surprise even myself.

Well let's see where this all goes next. Hmm. The Imperial City stuff is getting more expansive than expected. I might have to break it up again. Because I don't want to task myself just yet, plus I know everyone's busy.

cake.gif

----------------------------------------------------

Chapter IX: The Beggar

IPB Image

"Excuse me kind lady. Are ya Jayne Goodfall?" asked the old woman with the cracked voice as she plucked at Jayne's shoulder.

"Why yes, yes I am," Jayne answered, rather surprised. She closed the book she'd been poring through. "What can I do for you?"

After waking up to embarrassed thoughts about the night before, Jayne spent the day walking slowly through Imperial City's Market District, marveling at all the changes it had gone through. Gigantic multi-colored banners hung proudly from walls and columns. Barrels and crates were placed all over the plazas, probably due to an overstock of goods. A bathhouse and a bank had been added to the district's northern end.

But the most significant change were its people, confidently strutting about, engaging in light-hearted conversation on this sunny day. This final fact alone made the most difference to Jayne. Not that there were people in the market's courtyards, but that there were more of them. Some, she recognized, but most of them she didn't.

Jayne walked from shop to shop, seeking familiar faces, and was happy to see there were still plenty of them. Jensine of Jensine's "Good as New" Merchandise had maintained her shop. Jensine's main competition Thoronir was also happily in business. Wherever she went though, she wasn't being recognized. Which was maybe a good thing. She got a "Hello again" from Claudette Perrick of The Gilded Carafe, as though Claudette knew Jayne from all the times Jayne had come to buy herbs and mushrooms for one of her expeditions. This was all.

Jayne then sauntered into her favorite shop of all: First Edition Books. It was here that she was interrupted from a quick read of Goids and Worship.

"Might we go outside?" the woman, a beggar, asked of Jayne. The woman/beggar then nodded over toward Phintias, who was glaring. "Ah don't think he likes my kind," she whispered.

Jayne nodded. Carefully put the book back on its shelf, and both women left the shop.

"I remember you, though not your name," Jayne started once they were both back under glorious sunshine.

"I am Simplicia, they call me 'the Slow,' and I remember ya too! Saw ya walk on by in the market earlier. Might ye 'ave a moment of time to spare?"

"Well surely," answered Jayne. Now that she was back safely in the city, it seemed she might have all the time in the world, until her money ran out, of course. "My, the city has changed,"

"Yep. And I'm still livin' here, as ya can see. They 'aven't kicked me out yet, anyhow!" Simplicia cackled. "What are ya keepin' up to these days? 'eard about yer terrible tragic fleeing of the city some years ago, ya know."

"You .... you remember those days?" Jayne asked cautiously. "Yes. Well I had to flee. The Oblivion Crisis was all over, and folks were saying we'd all be under siege pretty soon. I panicked," Jayne said, knowing it was not exactly telling the whole truth. "I fled to Morrowind. I had no choice."

Jayne started to say something else, but then stopped. Where was the beggar going with her inquiry, here?

"Oh how awful! ... So ya lived in Morrowind all those years? ... Yes I had been wondering might 'ave happened to ya."

"Did you, now?" Again, Jayne being cautious. Unsure. A well-dressed man walked by Simplicia and Jayne, keeping his distance, probably glad he wasn't about to get hit up for 'a single coin,' since the beggar was engaged in discussion.

"There was such a stir about the 'ole goblin thing. Oh yes, I know who ya are. Jayne Goodfall, the Goblin Lady, oh yep I do know."

Jayne did not answer. Instead, she glanced around with slight worry, wondering if anyone was eavesdropping. Again, where was Simplicia going with this? Was Jayne about to get accused publicly for the mayhem she'd caused?

"It is so good of ya to 'ave returned," Simplicia answered with a genuine smile, erasing any doubts then and there. "Most people 'ere might have forgotten all about that night. That day. Not I. I was 'ere, like I am usually. I saw some of what 'appened, how those goblins and guards rampaged the district!"

"Yes," Jayne replied sadly. "I ... I do not know what to say about that. There were many things and events at the time which I surely wish I could change. You understand?"

Simplicia nodded. "I do. We all 'ave our moments. Even magic cannot cure them, eh?"

"Yes. Yes," Jayne shook her head slowly. "Uh, listen. While I have you here, might you have any idea why I haven't been arrested? For I left the city with a definite bounty upon my head."

"Oh, well I suppose ya'd have ta inquire over in the Prison District, per'aps. Or if ya fear goin' there, and rightfully so, I hear the Office of Imperial Commerce keeps records on all that. Usually folks go there if they've got themselves a complaint, a'course, but ye haven't no complaint then, have ye? Vinicia might then be happy to assist."

"I see. Thank you, Simplicia. Well, you say you were here on that fateful night. What exactly did you see?"

"Bruises and mayhem, that's what! It was all a flurry. From what I know, yes there was a death because of it all, one of the merchant's lackey's, I recall. But who's to say whether it wasn't some guard who'd caused that death by accident? ... Ye know? ... Who is to say?"

"I appreciate all your help, Simplicia. Uh, have a coin. I haven't much to spare, unfortunately."

"Thank ye kind lady!" the beggar's face lit up.

Jayne looked around the market again, nervously. Their conversation had been long, and (again) she feared maybe somebody had listened to it. But no one was even paying attention.

Their talk then turned to other things: Simplicia told Jayne she hadn't a clue what happened to her former office, but she was certain at least one of her former workmates was still in the city. "I know fer sure a fellow, a Bosmer, by the name of ... err .. Ignatiq? Is that 'is name? ... is still around. And might be the one in charge of yer former organization, even."

"Ignytiq?" Jayne's said in horror. "He's in charge?"

"As far as I know, he surely's still here. Can't say fer sure though whether he's as capable as you were... err... are. Ye might try looking for him over at the White Gold Tower itself. Or per'aps the Talos Plaza District. Seems to 'ave quite a liking for the Tiber Septim Hotel."

"I see. Well thank you." Jayne Goodfall said, sounding not very pleased.

"One more thing. 'ave a look down at the Waterfront, Jayne Goodfall. Ya might be surprised; there's a real live goblin living down there, amongst all the peoples!"

"You don't say!" Jayne smiled, and that smile felt good. "A ... goblin living down there? Why, this is good news! Really good news indeed!"

"Blessings of Anu upon ye!"

The day's light was fading. As a Black Horse Courier cryer began hawking at Jayne to take one of his free publications, Simplicia the Slow wandered off, to wherever she wandered off to when the day's light began to fade.

-----------------

Simplicia the not-so-Slow

Stealing a horse -- (this happened after meeting the guard a couple chapters ago. Take that you smug road patrol).

She apparently got away with it

There is a goblin who lives on the Waterfront peacefully with all the riffraff down there. This goblin gets added by the Better Cities conglomeration. Unfortunately he was nowhere to be seen during this session, so no pic.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 29 2019, 03:43 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Renee   The Goblin Lady   Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Renee   Like a whirling dervish Spitting out the salty she...   Jul 14 2019, 02:51 AM
Lopov   Nice introduction. Final sentences wrap up the st...   Jul 14 2019, 08:14 AM
Acadian   Very nice how we started in the middle of a scene ...   Jul 14 2019, 01:26 PM
treydog   Very nice! Well- not so much for Angrus... but...   Jul 14 2019, 05:03 PM
SubRosa   Six Fishes is a great name for a dockside tavern. ...   Jul 15 2019, 01:53 PM
Renee   Wow, I got comments. Now I gotta finish this! ...   Jul 21 2019, 11:12 AM
treydog   An excellent addition to what we have seen already...   Jul 21 2019, 03:05 PM
SubRosa   So the Goblin Lady was an unwilling participant in...   Jul 21 2019, 04:10 PM
Lopov   Nice, I didn't expect her to be enslaved by th...   Jul 21 2019, 06:51 PM
Acadian   Ahah, I see how this ties right into the beginning...   Jul 21 2019, 07:59 PM
Grits   Whoop, Renee stories! *happy dance* I love th...   Jul 23 2019, 05:19 PM
Renee   Saturday night is usually the only time I have eno...   Jul 28 2019, 01:40 AM
Renee   After that there were no more incidents of hostil...   Aug 4 2019, 03:40 AM
SubRosa   Neat link to that article about Sacred Rite of the...   Aug 4 2019, 05:44 PM
Acadian   I quite like the premise you seem to have going on...   Aug 4 2019, 07:53 PM
Lopov   An interesting continuation, you used quite a diff...   Aug 5 2019, 06:13 PM
treydog   Somehow missed this when you first updated- but ha...   Aug 10 2019, 02:57 PM
Renee   Comments and questions in this post, and I'll ...   Aug 11 2019, 04:11 PM
Renee   [center][font=Times New Roman]Chapter IV: The Gobl...   Aug 11 2019, 05:25 PM
Acadian   Well, done, Renee! Thank Azura for those h...   Aug 11 2019, 06:54 PM
SubRosa   I too, loved the inclusion of Cropsford and the 3r...   Aug 11 2019, 08:56 PM
Lopov   Quite a cliff hanger, Renee Gade. Who allowed you ...   Aug 12 2019, 01:19 PM
treydog   Interesting continuation. Our first encounter wit...   Aug 16 2019, 05:15 PM
Renee   Acadian: Aw thanks! Yes, I left that sort of v...   Aug 18 2019, 06:46 AM
Renee   This chapter is longer. :cake: I thought of choppi...   Aug 18 2019, 05:44 PM
SubRosa   Great to see how Jayne is reaching out to communic...   Aug 18 2019, 05:57 PM
Acadian   Fun vid as Jayne gathers her tribe! Whew...   Aug 18 2019, 06:50 PM
Lopov   Very clever to include some actual goblin language...   Aug 19 2019, 01:44 PM
treydog   As far as the foreign language, I am a typography ...   Aug 19 2019, 01:52 PM
Renee   SubRosa: Yes. Her reputation. :) She certainly has...   Sep 1 2019, 06:32 PM
Renee   [font=Times New Roman][center]Chapter VI: The Yell...   Sep 1 2019, 07:32 PM
Lopov   Looks like Jayne has some great plans in mind. I w...   Sep 2 2019, 08:35 AM
Acadian   I'm still getting a kick out of Jayne's pa...   Sep 2 2019, 06:16 PM
SubRosa   Yaaagh! Jayne has her temporary goblin tats o...   Sep 2 2019, 07:13 PM
Renee   Lopov: funny you just mentioned Kahreem. ;) Acad...   Sep 8 2019, 03:39 AM
Lopov   A very detailed and intriguing insight into Jayne...   Sep 8 2019, 03:27 PM
treydog   I love the life you bring to the interactions- wit...   Sep 8 2019, 06:07 PM
Acadian   Good that all of Jayne’s worries turned out for ...   Sep 8 2019, 07:02 PM
SubRosa   You are bringing back so many Oblivion memories wi...   Sep 8 2019, 08:11 PM
Renee   Aw, you folks make me smile. :) I am glad this is ...   Sep 22 2019, 02:40 AM
Renee   [size=4][font=Times New Roman]Chapter VIII: The Im...   Sep 22 2019, 03:32 AM
Lopov   Is that Lady Saga you're writing about in the ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:16 PM
Acadian   Yes, who is the mysterious mushroom-eating elf in ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:39 PM
SubRosa   Is that blond elf with the summer bolette Lady Sag...   Sep 23 2019, 07:16 PM
Lopov   Neat story. I like it how you still continue to un...   Sep 29 2019, 06:52 PM
SubRosa   Ignite It is in charge? That does not sound good a...   Sep 29 2019, 07:06 PM
Acadian   Like Lopov, I'm enjoying watching this story u...   Sep 29 2019, 07:18 PM
treydog   Mysterious late-sleeping elves.... Alarm bells are...   Sep 30 2019, 11:46 AM
Renee   I like it how you still continue to unfold event...   Oct 6 2019, 04:21 PM
Renee   Where we left off: Jayne spoke to Simplicia the Sl...   Oct 6 2019, 05:02 PM
Acadian   I love how Vinicia has modernized her bookkeeping....   Oct 6 2019, 10:15 PM
Renee   Meh... so many mistakes! I was hungover though...   Oct 7 2019, 03:27 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Vinicia Melissaeia works the servic...   Oct 7 2019, 04:32 PM
Lopov   Jayne can now sleep in peace, knowing that she won...   Oct 7 2019, 10:20 PM
Renee   Acadian -- I've been watching too much Black M...   Oct 13 2019, 01:13 AM
Renee   Hello. So, I keep thinking of more stuff I want to...   Oct 13 2019, 08:04 PM
Lopov   I love the dream sequence, very-well written. I wo...   Oct 14 2019, 11:55 AM
SubRosa   Sketchy is a trendy term these days, meaning anyth...   Oct 14 2019, 01:07 PM
Acadian   Aww, another reminder that her plans for goblins a...   Oct 17 2019, 08:55 PM
ghastley   ... What I'm getting at is that if you would ...   Oct 17 2019, 09:06 PM
Renee   Lopov, my friend. Now why would you suppose Ignyti...   Oct 20 2019, 02:31 AM
Renee   [size=4][center]Chapter XII: White Gold Tower htt...   Oct 20 2019, 02:57 AM
Acadian   A pleasant day of bathing and beer. Wise of Jayne...   Oct 20 2019, 07:32 PM
SubRosa   Jayne has that guard's ear? Ewwww! :lol: ...   Oct 21 2019, 07:13 PM
Lopov   That's very friendly, Renee, you let us hangin...   Oct 21 2019, 07:30 PM
Renee   Acadian: YES, the part when you said you "pon...   Oct 26 2019, 10:36 PM
SubRosa   An academic's office being a broom closet is n...   Oct 27 2019, 01:12 AM
Lopov   Fvck, that's great! I mean the story, not ...   Oct 27 2019, 10:11 AM
Acadian   Oh, my heart breaks for poor Jayne! Betrayed ...   Oct 27 2019, 07:55 PM
Renee   Hey everyone, I appreciate your attentions. :cake:...   Nov 3 2019, 04:00 AM
Renee   One come a day the water will run, No man will sta...   Nov 3 2019, 04:20 AM
Acadian   That fetcher, Iggy! :-/ Poor Jayne, as she...   Nov 3 2019, 08:49 PM
Lopov   Fokke! That must be our Of Weet friend, that h...   Nov 4 2019, 01:57 PM
SubRosa   Oh no, the locals are out with their torches and p...   Nov 4 2019, 04:01 PM
Renee   Oh yes, that's that I was going for, 'Rosa...   Nov 9 2019, 04:36 PM
Renee   My sweet revenge Will be yours For the taking It...   Nov 9 2019, 09:52 PM
Lopov   A fitting end for the fetcher. Faced with the wra...   Nov 9 2019, 10:34 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Ignitit's hundred septim shoes ...   Nov 9 2019, 11:47 PM
Acadian   ... I love the juxtaposition of how they either do...   Nov 10 2019, 09:18 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:43 AM