2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Books - Worth In Gold
Wurlon
post Sep 8 2005, 09:56 PM
Post #21

Knower
Group Icon

Or you could just make it so the door (activator to go outside) does not work when one of the books in your inventory. About the naked bosmer, you'll have to remind them to be quiet in the library, as they talk a lot.

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jaeld Alteir
post Nov 14 2005, 02:50 PM
Post #22

Retainer

My vote is for a system like the no teleporting, guards at the door (even if that "guard" is just someone at the front desk) who will lock the door if you have Library books in your possession.

However, in order to cater to the freeform TES world, while it should be DIFFICULT to steal books from the Library, it shouldn't be impossible. Maybe there's another key in the Librarian's office, and if you could steal that and sneak past the guards, you're home free.

And as much as I love assassins, it's probably not really in the Library's spirit of free inquiry to hunt down & kill someone for taking a book...that's why we have copies in the Vault. ;)
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Nov 15 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #23

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jaeld Alteir @ Nov 14 2005, 08:50 AM)
My vote is for a system like the no teleporting, guards at the door (even if that "guard" is just someone at the front desk) who will lock the door if you have Library books in your possession.

However, in order to cater to the freeform TES world, while it should be DIFFICULT to steal books from the Library, it shouldn't be impossible.  Maybe there's another key in the Librarian's office, and if you could steal that and sneak past the guards, you're home free.

And as much as I love assassins, it's probably not really in the Library's spirit of free inquiry to hunt down & kill someone for taking a book...that's why we have copies in the Vault. ;)

yes, but if he's in the library and gets a book out, that's a serious breach of security.

--------------------
these forums taste almost, but not quite, completely unlike tea.
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Nov 15 2005, 06:37 AM
Post #24

Agent

QUOTE(Jaeld Alteir @ Nov 14 2005, 04:50 PM)

However, in order to cater to the freeform TES world, while it should be DIFFICULT to steal books from the Library, it shouldn't be impossible.  Maybe there's another key in the Librarian's office, and if you could steal that and sneak past the guards, you're home free.

In my opinion, if someone would be able to steal one (or more) book/s, he wouldn't be allowed to return to the library without paying fines or fighting.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Troika
post Nov 15 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #25

Agent

What about if The Librarian mentions to the PC that all the books s/he sees in the Library are actually not the originals, as many were too badly damaged/fragile/valuable, so instead they are all transcribed versions, and The Librarian has an even more secret location where the originals are kept... Thus making sure that the value of the books needn't be too high, as they are copies, and making sure we don't need to put in too many security features...
+Quote Post
Jaeld Alteir
post Nov 16 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #26

Retainer

QUOTE(Troika @ Nov 15 2005, 01:29 PM)
...so instead they are all transcribed versions, and The Librarian has an even more secret location where the originals are kept... Thus making sure that the value of the books needn't be too high, as they are copies, and making sure we don't need to put in too many security features...

Heh...the simple, "less work for us" answer...I like it.

After all, the reason we founded this Library is so this knowledge that would otherwise be lost can be circulated to future generations instead. If someone wants to take a book out into the world and share it with others, they're welcome to do so if they can avoid the execution block with it. ;) We'll just make a new copy.
+Quote Post
Ola Martin
post Mar 13 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #27

Finder
Group Icon

You could just make the books so heavy you can't pick'em up, only read them...

--------------------
waiting4skyrim now, banner still not updated^^
+Quote Post
WillyBubba
post Apr 12 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #28

Retainer

So far, in Oblivion, the most valuabvle book I've seen was only worth 200-300 septims. Most books are worth consiberably less, around 25. The rare book 4 of Mankar Camoran's Commentaries on the Mysterium Xarxes is only valued at 80. So I'd say we could probably just keep similar pricing. SO far, skill books range from 200-300 and all other books are about 25, but we could vary as we see fit of course.

--------------------
Please don't feed the animals... or Stargazey.

Hey, what are you doing at a zoo? GET BACK TO WORK!
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 4 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

So what was Red's fantastic idea???

wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Jun 4 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #30

Retainer

i really need to keep my nose out of sections of the forum i'm not really interested in... but it's really... early actually. whoooo 5 AM!!!

anyway, if this is such an all-powerful library, why can't they make thier books, just, not leave? just that simple. the books are enchanted. you can't leave with one. don't like it, tough. that's your problem. can't leave 100 points on you, constant effect.

imma go snifff pretzle dust and sleep now.

Edit:

QUOTE(Wurlon)
Or you could just make it so the door (activator to go outside) does not work when one of the books in your inventory. About the naked bosmer, you'll have to remind them to be quiet in the library, as they talk a lot.

oops didn't see that... it was 5 o'clock in the morning, sheesh! stop making fun of me! blink.gif

This post has been edited by Phsyron: Jun 4 2006, 07:45 PM

--------------------
Please excuse my idiocy. Chances are that i posted this after midnight and my ADHD meds have worn off.

Se vi parolas esperanton, parolu al min.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:51 AM