22 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreams, dreams we've had inspired by videogames :lol:
Renee
post Sep 24 2019, 12:58 PM
Post #321

Councilor
Group Icon

Interesting, both of you. My Jeep has a stick shift, it is fun to drive (sometimes). mirocu you have been talking about Doom 3 ... ever since I have known you. Best to just get it over and play the game again. emot-ninja1.gif

I had some Mycharonna dreams last night, probably because I gave Lopov one of her saves (so he could mod-test it). For those who don't know, she's my spookiest character; the only one I have somewhat of a 2-way communication with. I don't remember any of my dreams with her though. Maybe that's a good thing. evillol.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 24 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #322

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 24 2019, 01:58 PM) *

mirocu you have been talking about Doom 3 ... ever since I have known you. Best to just get it over and play the game again. emot-ninja1.gif

Nope. Game too boring and guns effing useless.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 7 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #323

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Had yet another Doom dream last night, but this one was different. Instead of it being based off Doom 3, it was based off Doom 2016. That makes a change! laugh.gif

I was following Doom Slayer when we came upon some debris which he needed to clear. That meant he couldn't shoot the monsters so I decided to take his gun (the starter pistol) and help him. Problem was, it didn't work for me. So I went to him and had him "authorize" it for me so I could use it. At some point I also used the railgun but I think it was the one from Quake 2.

Shortly thereafter it was all done and we went through a whirlwind and got to an office looking place where a businessman greeted us. I gave back the pistol and then the dream ended.

Crikey, it really was different to my usual Doom dreams! tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 8 2019, 01:45 PM
Post #324

Councilor
Group Icon

One of these days I'm going to have to watch a Doom Let's Play video, to see what all the fuss is about. It sounds like an intense game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 8 2019, 03:55 PM
Post #325

Spam Meister
Group Icon

It is. But I don't know why I keep dreaming about it. I've had WAY more hours on Oblivion and Fallout 3 but I never dream about those games sad.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 8 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #326

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 8 2019, 10:55 AM) *

It is. But I don't know why I keep dreaming about it. I've had WAY more hours on Oblivion and Fallout 3 but I never dream about those games sad.gif

That sucks. I do feel for you. Some of my Bethesda-type dreams are ones I'll never forget. Such as being with Marge N. Overra in that D.C, Cafe. Or Sarah Phimm showing up as a ghost, and picking me up and letting me float along with her. blink.gif smile.gif

Or Mycharonna scaring the [censored] out of me occasionally. :ninja;

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 31 2019, 03:14 PM
Post #327

Mouth
Group Icon

Had an awfully strange dream this morning when I went back to bed. It's kind of hard to explain, but I was in Fallout. I was actually in the game, but I was aware it was a game, so I guess the technology was advanced enough you could actually put yourself in the game.

Anyway, I was traveling around and saw this freeway of sorts going to what was supposed to be Hollywood. There were other players around me as well. As I am wont to do sometimes in the games, I like going to the furthest boundaries of the game world just to see how far I can go and what I can see. Suddenly, the freeway stretched out and the abandoned and flipped-over cars were less in the way. I was able to go to Hollywood in the Fallout universe! Long story short, I got to explore a bit before I woke up...

...But after I woke up (and I must have been in a really deep sleep, because my alarm went off and I didn't register it or that is was meant for me), I thought about the dream...and there was no way that that was Hollywood I went to. Not in California at least. It looked more like one of those Old West towns that look more modernized now--the ones where you can still see the Old West architecture and influence. Maybe it was some Hollywood out west that I was subconsciously aware of, but I doubt it.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 2 2019, 04:35 PM
Post #328

Councilor
Group Icon

That would be pretty fun, a Fallout game based in Hollywood. The expansion pack would probably be Beverly Hills. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 27 2020, 01:35 PM
Post #329

Councilor
Group Icon

During my 30s, my "super-slacker" years I lived mostly in Portland Oregon. I lived all over the city, moving from Northwest to Northeast to Southeast to being homeless for 6 months to North Portland back to Northeast... all of this from 1996 to 2005. As I've told Lopov many times, Americans have a tendency to move around a lot, whereas in Europe it is more common to live in the same house, maybe even their family's house, for decades.

Anyway, so the dream was in this sort of setting. I was living in House A up in Northeast Portland, but I had been spending all day in House B, which was some sort of a party house. This was common for a lot of Gen X'ers, to just spend all day at someone else's house, friends or acquaintances or relatives. wacko.gif But in the dream, I was eager to get back to my own house. I wanted to rest.

But I kept getting distracted. Was having troubles leaving House B. Was having too much fun, although I was getting weary. Finally I managed to slip out. Got into my old Corolla, began thinking I'd go for a short drive to a nearby park, and read a book, until I fell asleep in my car, or whatever.

So I went somewhere. Began reading a book. It was some sort of a publication written by SubRosa. smile.gif It may have been part of her Stormcrow series, I'm not sure. But what really got me was I discovered she'd put a bunch of footnotes into her book. At the bottom of one page were two dozen little pictures, literally little doodles, each one in its own little box. For some reason this really blew me away, because they were apparently hand-drawn. blink.gif

Later in the dream I wound up going to House C, which was featuring a small party of folk located on Alberta Street. The party was for SubRosa Florens, recently-published author. smile.gif She did show up to the party too (fashionably late), but I didn't have much time to greet her before I woke up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 27 2020, 04:36 PM
Post #330

Ancient
Group Icon

Awesomesauce! You probably got the idea for the doodles from how I post pictures in my fic. You don't want to see my artwork! laugh.gif

Wow, I love those murals on Alberta Street!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Mar 28 2020, 04:10 AM
Post #331

Knower
Group Icon

I dreamed of my grandma. I do constantly since she died.

This was another in which she had never died. She still had cancer though. We were just spending time at her house, which was... eventful as I no longer have a functioning relationship with my dad's sister, her son, or her husband, and they all live there. We were in a hurry to leave, especially as I had found out that my youngest sibling had already gotten home but had to sleep outside on the snowy front yard (which we live in the desert of Southern California, so snow is incredibly rare usually).

The highlight was me having to explain to her what the phrase, "And that's on periodt, pooh!" means.

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 13 2020, 11:51 PM
Post #332

Ancient
Group Icon

Last night I had a dream that Haute was coming over for tabletop gaming. I am not sure exactly what game we were going to be playing. I remember going around the apartment cleaning up so it looked nice for her visit. Then the next thing I knew, the door was open, and she was standing in the hallway. There were other people there too. I don't know who.

That is all I can remember. Gaming night with Haute.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 14 2020, 12:01 AM
Post #333

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 13 2020, 03:51 PM) *

Last night I had a dream that Haute was coming over for tabletop gaming. I am not sure exactly what game we were going to be playing. I remember going around the apartment cleaning up so it looked nice for her visit. Then the next thing I knew, the door was open, and she was standing in the hallway. There were other people there too. I don't know who.

That is all I can remember. Gaming night with Haute.

All of us from Chorrol were there! Don't you remember? tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 14 2020, 02:34 PM
Post #334

Councilor
Group Icon

Aw, that sounds fun. Table-gaming is very slow, but very fun. smile.gif It changed my life in high school for the better. We'd stay up all night, literally when it was summer vacation we'd start gaming as the sun went down, and did not stop until it was coming up again.

Jacki Dice: Your grandma still speaks to you. It is not easy, right? Or maybe it is for you, I don't know. I had a loved one speak to me in a dream about a year ago. He died in 2010. When I saw him in the dream I was lucid, and therefore able to direct my questions in a meaningful manner. But he had been away so long, he no longer knew what it was to speak English. And that made the entire experience seem that much more real.

Since he couldn't speak to me, we communicated through gestures and facial expressions. It f*cking incredibly heavy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 15 2020, 05:12 PM
Post #335

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Another farking Doom 3 dream last night. Don't remember much though; they're having less and less of an impact as I've had so many of them over the years now tongue.gif

I think there were two Hell Knights at some point. Or maybe I just remember the part just before you enter the portal.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Apr 15 2020, 05:12 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 16 2020, 01:20 PM
Post #336

Councilor
Group Icon

Just play yourself some DOOM 3, bird. emot-ninja1.gif You know you want to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 16 2020, 05:21 PM
Post #337

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 16 2020, 02:20 PM) *

Just play yourself some DOOM 3, bird. emot-ninja1.gif You know you want to.

Had the guns been A LOT* better, then maybe...

But we're digressing.. biggrin.gif

* - And I do mean A LOT

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 19 2020, 10:39 AM
Post #338

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Well, this night I dreamt about playing (or being in?) the original Doom. It's improving! laugh.gif

Standard stuff; just shooting. At the last map the enemies just poured in and I kept spamming the BFG. At one point The Violator from Spawn decided to join the party and that was hilarious!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 19 2020, 02:18 PM
Post #339

Councilor
Group Icon

Finally had another game-inspired dream. sleep.gif

I was in some town which looked like a cross between Cheydinhal and Skingrad. It had Cheydinhal's architecture, but Skingrad's hills. Anyway, I was with an Argonian, who (it was understood) was my pet. I was in charge of feeding this Argonian, whoever she was. It wasn't City Swimmer, this much I know, because this lizard was better-dressed.

In real-life we have a cat and a dog in our house, and both of these animals have internal clocks in their heads. They always know when it's time for their feeding, somehow. But sometimes the cat especially tries to fool me, tries to act like I don't know what time it is. unsure.gif And the Argonian in my dream was doing the same thing. It was begging for food even though I knew it wasn't time, yet.

I ignored the Argonian, who then ran off down an alleyway, between a couple of Tudor-styled houses! This alley went down a small hill, and I could see a large gathering of NPCs on the other side of those houses. I kept watching. After a few seconds, a large ruckus occurred. Although I could not see what was going on, I knew my Argonian just stole an apple, or whatever, and now she was getting beaten up. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 19 2020, 06:54 PM
Post #340

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I would PAY to have an Oblivion dream!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:01 PM