Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "ring Wraith" Mod, The ULTIMATE STALKER Mod
Werewolfzz
post Jan 21 2006, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Retainer

“Ring Wraith” Mod – After 125 Response Posts (from which ideas were taken) and over 3,550 views, I believe this Mod is ready for implementation!

This was an idea for a "Mod" that came to me while reading this thread.

But in that thread, what was being discussed was altering the AI of "ALL" the peoples of Cyrodiil and I just want 'One Item' and 'One Character' added!

The Character:

A 'Ring Wraith' of sorts, a respawning 'Ring Wraith' that always knows the location of the ring... have him respawn (always +5 levels to yours)(after one 'in-game' day) in some remote far away dungeon (or 1 of 3 other locations that are randomly selected) so that when you kill him,... it takes an unknown amount of time for him to get back to the ring (you)!,... therefore... you never know when he is going to attack,... set the character's AI to only attack when the ring possessor is injured (even slightly... any health damage) or sleeping(ofcourse you would have to be sleeping where it could get to you... i.e. forest, unlocked room, etc.). Set the AI of the creature to constantly maintain 100 yards (or some other #) distance from the possessor while the possessor is not injured. Once you suffer a loss of hitpoints,... The creature casts an 80% chameleon spell with a duration of 60 seconds (A spell it can use once per day) and moves in for WAR... AND,... should he manage to take you down to 10 points of health (or some other # that is basically a hit within your death), have him cast a guaranteed paralysis spell for 120 seconds, get the ring from you and run (speed/athletics always = level as yours) away back to his “designated” respawn dungeon... that way you have to go there to fight him and kill him to get the ring back... or you could hop your horse and try to head him off before he gets back to his cave (and have some random nasties spawn in this cave with the 'Ring Wraith' always residing in the deepest section)!!!

I envision something looking akin to an Armored Wraith but slightly larger with a crown perhaps. Should have Wicked skills of -
Blade
Heavy Armor
Athletics = to yours (updating at respawn)
Speed & Endurance = to yours (updating at respawn)
Spell of Chameleon 80% - once per day
Guaranteed Paralysis 120 seconds – ONLY USEABLE IN THE RIGHT CONDITIONS (see above)

Something along these lines

The Item

A Ring. An "exquisite" ring worth a "tempting amount" of money (in hopes that it might tempt NPC thieves). Now you wouldn't want to sell this ring considering the 'Ring Wraith' is ALWAYS coming for it (aside from the 'One-Day' respawn timer after you kill it) and is generally speaking as quick and enduring as you are, not-to-mention 5 levels greater!!... so giving/selling this ring to anyone is just assuring the “Wraith” will get it back, and best case scenario, he will have severely injured its bearer but not killed him/her for you!

As for the attributes of the ring:-
Chameleon 80% (Constant Effect)
Command Creature/Humanoid +?? Levels (Constant Effect)
+10 Strength (Constant Effect) (as an incentive to the player, don't want to go too high,... remember that the 'Ring Wraith' will be wearing this ring when you fight him for it!!!)
???Ideas???

Something along these lines

SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE MOD THIS IN!!!!

So any constructive feedback is the very reason this is posted!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Werewolfzz: Jan 21 2006, 01:11 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Storander
post Jan 21 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #2

Retainer

Haha, that’s one of the best mod ideas I've ever heard, I might had tried to make it, but...
Considering it's your idea Werewolfzz, you would make it better then probably anyone else. You should learn some modding skills, every modder was once a non-moddder with an idea, I heard on the other thread it wouldn't be too hard to make. If you could make mods like this, you would be a HUGE benefit to the modding community, especially if you kept modding interesting ideas like this.
Just my $.002 cool.gif
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Jan 21 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #3

Agent

There's only one problem.

The ring would be sellable unlimited times, providing endless source of gold.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Jan 22 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #4

Retainer

QUOTE(Storander @ Jan 20 2006, 07:43 PM)
Haha, that’s one of the best mod ideas I've ever heard, I might had tried to make it, but...
Considering it's your idea Werewolfzz, you would make it better then probably anyone else. You should learn some modding skills, every modder was once a non-moddder with an idea, I heard on the other thread it wouldn't be too hard to make. If you could make mods like this, you would be a HUGE benefit to the modding community, especially if you kept modding interesting ideas like this.
Just my $.002  cool.gif

WOW... Thank You for that praise!!... I do WANT to learn how to "Mod", Its just that I think its SUCH a great idea, and would therefore HATE to ruin it by doing some half-boat Mod attempt!

I'm REALLY hoping that it catches the eye of some "UBER-MODDER" (thank you, made that word up myself smile.gif)) who can mod it worthy of the idea!

QUOTE(The Wolf @ Jan 21 2006, 05:32 AM)
There's only one problem.

The ring would be sellable unlimited times, providing endless source of gold.

Not anymore so than another ring!,... besides, one would CLEARLY be better off selling armor than some "exquisite" ring.... I wonder if there is a way to make the ring "non-purchaseable" or at least hard to be sold like Skooma tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Werewolfzz: Jan 22 2006, 10:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
MadHatter
post Jan 22 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #5

Retainer

But couldn't you sell it to someone, get their cash, kill them, repeat? You still get the powers of the ring, and loads of cash.
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Jan 22 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #6

Retainer

QUOTE(MadHatter @ Jan 22 2006, 08:42 AM)
But couldn't you sell it to someone, get their cash, kill them, repeat? You still get the powers of the ring, and loads of cash.

But you can do that with ANY item,... so why get caught up on this one,... not to mention the person you sell it to just went 80% Chameleon and gained +10 Strength... besides, as soon as you smack him,... here comes the Wraith who will get it from him and run!

But mainly... You can do the whole sell and kill thing with ANY ring,... so thats NOT really a valid criticism

--------------------
+Quote Post
MadHatter
post Jan 23 2006, 01:11 AM
Post #7

Retainer

QUOTE(Werewolfzz @ Jan 22 2006, 04:46 PM)

But mainly... You can do the whole sell and kill thing with ANY ring,... so thats NOT really a valid criticism

True, just got me thinking about it when you said it should be able to be sold for a huge amount of cash.
Anyways, if a regular NPC does get their hands on it, what would they do? Would they become like a gollum and go hide in a cave of their own somwhere, or perhaps try to take over the town they live in. Mabey this could be part of whats modded in.
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Jan 23 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #8

Retainer

QUOTE(MadHatter @ Jan 22 2006, 05:11 PM)
True, just got me thinking about it when you said it should be able to be sold for a huge amount of cash.
Anyways, if a regular NPC does get their hands on it, what would they do? Would they become like a gollum and go hide in a cave of their own somwhere, or perhaps try to take over the town they live in. Mabey this could be part of whats modded in.

Well each character has its own AI and the ring will give the wearer a "Command Creature/Humanoid ?? Levels" ability so who knows... depending on the AI that gets the ring, they might try to abuse its power on their own!!!

As far as modding that in,... well that was something that was mentioned in this thread but I didn't want an ALL consuming Mod like that,... this is more designed to be a "You v. Stalker" type deal,... rather than something that affects ALL of Cyrodiil,... I mean the "Wraith" only disables people and retrieves the ring,... doesn't even kill you,... thats how much I do not want this Mod to interfere with anything!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RobRendell
post Jan 23 2006, 05:42 AM
Post #9

Agent

One idea - maybe you could try to make it that the value of the ring drops dramatically each time a shopkeeper gets smacked by the wraith.

Basically, once people find out the curse associated with the ring, and word gets around, no-one will want to buy it.
+Quote Post
MadHatter
post Jan 24 2006, 01:12 AM
Post #10

Retainer

QUOTE(RobRendell @ Jan 23 2006, 12:42 AM)
One idea - maybe you could try to make it that the value of the ring drops dramatically each time a shopkeeper gets smacked by the wraith.

Basically, once people find out the curse associated with the ring, and word gets around, no-one will want to buy it.

The AI won't be that smart, unless of course modded to be.
+Quote Post
RobRendell
post Jan 24 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #11

Agent

No, I wasn't saying that the AI had to be smart. I was suggesting that you could simulate the behaviour I was describing (people becoming scared of the curse on the ring) by simply making its price drop dramatically each time a shopkeeper is attacked. Once the price was 0, no-one would buy it from you at all.

Of course, you'd need to identify the situation when a shopkeeper is attacked. However, that shouldn't be too hard. If the wraith gets the ring back, and didn't attack the player, then it must have hit a shopkeeper.
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Jan 25 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #12

Retainer

The purpose of giving the ring a value at all was to entice thieves,... rumors have it though that NPC thieves will not pickpocket/rob your house,... if tis is the case then by all means, the ring can have a value of 0,... but I would still like it to be an "exquisite" ring so that it looks awe-inspiring!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Jan 28 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #13

Retainer

Thanks for the great comments so far...

I'm still seeking a "Professional Modder" who finds this topic interesting enough to place on their "To Do List"...

"Oblivion" has Ofcourse yet to be released, but i KNOW that modders are thinking up prospective mods already!!!!! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kris
post Feb 8 2006, 04:53 AM
Post #14

Retainer

Hmmmm...Sounds pretty solid to me, you could make it so it's not buyable. But the wraith, I think it should be following you All the time, but it doesn't attack till you're hurt. And if it does have a cave, it should be full of vast amounts of treasures, gaurded by hundreds of skelleton warriors and such, just to spice it up a bit.

--------------------
AΠO ΠANTOΣ KAKOΔAIMONOΣ
+Quote Post
Daedric Lord Molag Ball
post Feb 8 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #15

Associate

QUOTE(Werewolfzz @ Jan 28 2006, 10:50 AM)
Thanks for the great comments so far...

I'm still seeking a "Professional Modder" who finds this topic interesting enough to place on their "To Do List"...

"Oblivion" has Ofcourse yet to be released, but i KNOW that modders are thinking up prospective mods already!!!!! smile.gif

Hey Werewolfzz its me Tiber Septim lV from the official forums! I was the one who was giving you more ideas on this. I think this idea you got heer is a great one keep up the work!

--------------------
I am Molag Ball the Daedric Lord Of Troubles!
+Quote Post
Duncan Frost
post Mar 16 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #16

Agent

This is a really good idea. Seriously. You should make this. I'll download it. (Just another thing to look forward to on Oblivion Day lol) laugh.gif

Oh, and by the way, you need a system that if ANY NPC gets his hands on the Ring, the Ringwraith attacks automatically, even if the NPC has full health, otherwise you would have to attack the shopkeeper yourself. And what if the NPC with the ring is like lvl 50? The ringwraith would only be 5 levels higher than YOU, not the NPC. So the NPC would probably own the wraith. Also, what if the ringwraith got made into a vampire? huh.gif
I can't think of anything else, so if you can think of solutions to these, I WANT THIS DAMN MOD NOW!

This post has been edited by Duncan Frost: Mar 17 2006, 03:04 PM

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Mar 21 2006, 06:50 AM
Post #17

Retainer

QUOTE(Duncan Frost @ Mar 16 2006, 02:45 PM)
This is a really good idea. Seriously. You should make this. I'll download it. (Just another thing to look forward to on Oblivion Day lol) laugh.gif
Oh, and by the way, you need a system that if ANY NPC gets his hands on the Ring, the Ringwraith attacks automatically, even if the NPC has full health, otherwise you would have to attack the shopkeeper yourself. And what if the NPC with the ring is like lvl 50? The ringwraith would only be 5 levels higher than YOU, not the NPC. So the NPC would probably own the wraith. Also, what if the ringwraith got made into a vampire?  huh.gif
I can't think of anything else, so if you can think of solutions to these, I WANT THIS DAMN MOD NOW!

Thanks!!!

Well,... I would be inclined to agree that the Wraith should attack OTHER NPCs that get their hands on the ring rather than wait for them to take damage,... except that the wraith ALSO attacks if you are sleeping!... which is ahuge asset considering ALL the character's AI put them to sleep at some point, so that handles that

As far as the NPC it is attacking being lvl 50, well... first question that comes to mind is "how the hell did that guy get the ring in the first place?... YOU must have gave it to him!!!".... You may just have to team up with the wraith to take the guy out.... tant him into attacking you, make sure a guard or 2 witness it so they join in + the Wraith and yourself,... if you're LUCKY,... you may just get your hands on it..... and if not,.... well then you'll have to go on playing the game til ONE DAY you can OWN the NPC holding your "precious" ... evillol.sml.gif

As for a Vampire.... Well thats REALLY interesting.... 2 options:
1. You make the Wraith immune to "vampirism"
or (and I think this would be more fun)
2. YOU DON'T - :rofl: I mean big deal it turns vampire,.... when you kill it, it will respawn to its specified specs (as far as speed/level/strength/etc.) and the vampirism is over.... but that would be terrifying.... he's already a bad-boat and then to top it with Vamirism,.... MUHAHAHAHA

So.... that answer everything??

--------------------
+Quote Post
Duncan Frost
post Mar 21 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #18

Agent

Yes, that's fine. MAKE IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Mar 28 2006, 03:05 AM
Post #19

Retainer

QUOTE(Duncan Frost @ Mar 21 2006, 08:14 AM)
Yes, that's fine. MAKE IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Will Do.... Except.... I NEED A MODDER!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dirox
post Mar 29 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #20

Agent

Hey dude im dirox, or josh.
I can help you make your mod, i played around with java script and Morrowinds SC a Lot.

I would love to help make this for ya but i am buying it tomorow so it will have to wait till then.

Till then lets talk about it a bit.

Obviously this is not lord of the rings, but is baced on it. (Lord of the rings is my favorite movie in the world so i aint dissin)

I agree it must be a ring but here are a few things

-Instead of comeing after you all the time he just wanders around looking for the ring untill he gets within a sertain distance of the ring, he will feel its presance and come for it.

-If you put the ring ON he will come strait for location you last had it on.

-He will walk freely through towns if he has senced the ring was there but will otherwise just pass close by them and avoid going in

-He will not kill people inless they interfere

-The Point of carrying the ring other than for the sake of wearing it in a tight spot is that on your person is one of the safest places it could be and anywhere else he will "Eventualy" find it because he searches endlessly everywhere.

-The point of doing everything in your power to keep it from him? A: think of our ring wraith as also, half Sauron and if he manages to get ahold of this ring... "The Dead Will Walk The Earth" for the wraith has envy for the living. (in other words lots of undead)

-Why have a cave when he could have a castle?

-I like the idea a thieves stealing it, but instead of having it at a very high cost, i could make it a quest item(no selling) and creat fresh thief charactors that could steal it with simple scripts (if they die you wont miss them)

questions

are you trying to destroy the ring?
if so will you have a "fellowship"?
1 ring wraith?
is the wraith the master of the ring or should there be a sauron type person? (i think so =))
only comes out at night or all of the time?
sounds like the LOTR wraiths?(no problem getin those sounds)+(I think so =))
should the wraith walk or run? (Walking may be creepier)

finaly i would like to say it is your idea and i think its a great one or i wouldn't write this much =P

but i will certainly creat it because i like the idea of the scary beeing searched for feeling it would impose.

write back

~Josh

This post has been edited by Dirox: Mar 29 2006, 12:46 PM

--------------------
Not what could be, not what should be, but what is.
~Allan Watts

Check out the Fantality Mods web site, we could use more people.
http://fantality.leviathanlvt.com/
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:44 PM