Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V « < 103 104 105 106 107 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
SubRosa
post Aug 29 2015, 11:11 PM
Post #2081

Ancient
Group Icon

I am glad to hear you are having such fun with Dar-Ma. She is one of my favorite npcs from Oblivion. Ciri's outfit looks neat on her.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 29 2015, 11:48 PM
Post #2082

Paladin
Group Icon

Yay for Dar-Ma! Her Ciri's outfit looks very nice. And, as mALX said, it is great that she picked up Blossom from Markarth! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 30 2015, 01:46 AM
Post #2083

Councilor
Group Icon

Yah actually she does look cute in that new outfit, Dar-ma does.

I'll be playing Skyrim again soon. Keep getting the itch to fire TES V up again, and if you keep posting pics, maybe that'll happen sooner than later!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 8 2015, 01:41 AM
Post #2084

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks, you guys! I’ll link my Dar-Ma NPC whenever I make her in case anyone wants to have a nightshade tea party with her. biggrin.gif Renee, I can never stay away from Skyrim for long. But SubRosa, hautee, and Lopov are seriously tempting me to try something new with their Pillars of Eternity adventures!

When Dar-Ma passed through Rorikstead she asked Valdi if she would like to come along to pick up Blossom from the stables. Valdi was game. Dar-Ma was very kind to young Valdi when Valdi wandered into Chorrol after her skooma smuggling family was killed, so Valdi will do just about anything for Dar-Ma, even leave her honey Erik behind in Rorikstead for a time.

Dar-Ma led the way with Valdi’s powerful bow backing her up. (Valdi still wields Auriel’s Bow. Some day she will realize that she should lock it up somewhere safe and dust off her trusty old longbow, but it takes her a while to figure things out sometimes.) They ran into some trouble along the road, but it was nothing that the two of them couldn’t handle. Then they reached a bridge with some shady-looking characters on the other side. Here Dar-Ma is saying, “Let’s go around.”

After they went around Dar-Ma saw a road sign and realized that she was leading them to Solitude, not to Markarth where Blossom is waiting. It seems that sweet Dar-Ma is not so great with directions. Here she is about to say, “Let’s go around again.”

Dar-Ma is pretty good at sneaking to get around aggressive things so she won’t have to kill them, and pretty bad at guessing which two-legged things fall into that category. Since she likes to introduce herself to new people, she has to defend herself more often than she’d like.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 8 2015, 02:36 AM
Post #2085

Ancient
Group Icon

Grits, you should join Lopov, h.e.r., and I and become a Pillar of the community. wink.gif

Two bowgirls on the way to Robber's Gorge. They are going to put those bows to use if they cross that bridge!

I use this High Res Roadsign mod you might want to try out. It makes reading those signs a lot easier. I don't think it would be that big a hit on the performance.

I guess that Orc didn't like being introduced at! At least Dar-Ma is giving him a bath!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 8 2015, 03:49 AM
Post #2086

Paladin
Group Icon

How fun to see more adventures of Dar-Ma! Her water magic looks to be great fun. I can imagine the jokes and taunts. . . "Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining!" tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 8 2015, 03:50 AM
Post #2087

Ancient
Group Icon

If someone tells Dar-Ma to go soak her head, she just might do it... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 8 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #2088

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 7 2015, 08:41 PM) *

Thanks, you guys! I’ll link my Dar-Ma NPC whenever I make her in case anyone wants to have a nightshade tea party with her. biggrin.gif Renee, I can never stay away from Skyrim for long. But SubRosa, hautee, and Lopov are seriously tempting me to try something new with their Pillars of Eternity adventures!

When Dar-Ma passed through Rorikstead she asked Valdi if she would like to come along to pick up Blossom from the stables. Valdi was game. Dar-Ma was very kind to young Valdi when Valdi wandered into Chorrol after her skooma smuggling family was killed, so Valdi will do just about anything for Dar-Ma, even leave her honey Erik behind in Rorikstead for a time.

Dar-Ma led the way with Valdi’s powerful bow backing her up. (Valdi still wields Auriel’s Bow. Some day she will realize that she should lock it up somewhere safe and dust off her trusty old longbow, but it takes her a while to figure things out sometimes.) They ran into some trouble along the road, but it was nothing that the two of them couldn’t handle. Then they reached a bridge with some shady-looking characters on the other side. Here Dar-Ma is saying, “Let’s go around.”

After they went around Dar-Ma saw a road sign and realized that she was leading them to Solitude, not to Markarth where Blossom is waiting. It seems that sweet Dar-Ma is not so great with directions. Here she is about to say, “Let’s go around again.”

Dar-Ma is pretty good at sneaking to get around aggressive things so she won’t have to kill them, and pretty bad at guessing which two-legged things fall into that category. Since she likes to introduce herself to new people, she has to defend herself more often than she’d like.

D'Aaaaw, she has cute little ears! Or are they horns? Either way, they are cute!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 8 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #2089

Councilor
Group Icon

SubRosa, thank you for that link! Dar-Ma would take 'Go soak your head' as a sweet suggestion and probably hug the person! laugh.gif There has been a lot of mist and soaking rain in her game so far. Everyone else puts on hoods, but of course she loves it. happy.gif

Acadian, the water magic has water sounds, too, so there have been more player comfort breaks in Dar-Ma's game than ever before! wacko.gif I can't wait to see how the water rune works. (And Lil would like a harmless water spell, Scrub Other. She's not naming names. tongue.gif)

mALX, those are Dar-Ma’s horns. She wears gold rings on them with little pieces of fabric dangling down. She also has little spines over her eyes that look a bit like long eyelashes. Dar-Ma is a very girly lizard-girl. laugh.gif

The Reach showed Dar-Ma just how dangerous Skyrim can be. She was chased by a bear, attacked by Forsworn, chased by a mudcrab, attacked by a random wood elf, and chased by three sabre cats all in one morning. Turns out that sabre cats are good swimmers. Now we know why most of the trade caravans we see on the road are dead.

A Khajiit caravan was camped outside Markarth when she and Valdi arrived. Dar-Ma made a small trade to check out their prices and take a look at their operation. Valdi is great help and good company, but Dar-Ma needs some employees. Like some guards.

While Dar-Ma was in Markarth she hired a Breton porter out from under Lisbet of Arnleif and Sons. Cosnach was in the pub complaining that there was never any work, so Dar-Ma brought him on board for the price of one bottle of Honningbrew Mead. And of course the promise of more when they pass through Whiterun, plus some Black-Briar Mead when they reach Riften. Dar-Ma likes to please people, and this deal was a win-win.

She took some odd jobs around the city while she was there, because she fell in love with the dog at the Markarth stables and needed more coin to bring him along. Blossom likes him, too. For the same gold she could have hired one of the mercenaries she met at the Silver-Blood Inn, but there was no contest. Now Dar-Ma and Blossom have a war dog in the family.

One of the guards told her about an orc stronghold in the area, so after a false start where she had to run back into the city to make a delivery she had forgotten about, they headed into the hills. The orcs wanted nothing to do with her. But she kept talking, and the gate orc finally gave her a job to do for them. Go into some ruin and get their special gloves.

Dar-Ma agreed. Valdi suggested that they go get Erik first. He is not far away from where they are going, and she knows he wouldn’t want to miss this. Besides, Cosnach may be good at putting packs on the horses, but Valdi is not so sure how he will be in a fight.

When they got to the ruin they agreed that Valdi had the right idea to get Erik for more backup. Those orcs are smarter than they look. Dar-Ma had to get a sword back from a bunch of Forsworn before she could unlock the door to get at the orcs’ special gauntlets.

Once she figured out what needed to happen next, Dar-Ma led her gang back to Rorikstead yet again to trade for some more healing potions. She has recently taken up alchemy and has never and will never brew a poison, but she’s reluctant to hand out her newbie potions to her friends. Then a careful ride over the hills brought them to the Forsworn stronghold. The Forsworn did not give Dar-Ma a chance to negotiate. They started shooting while Dar-Ma’s group was still up on the hill.

By the time Dar-Ma got the orcs’ gauntlets she had seen Cosnach in dual-wielding badassery against some fellow Bretons, Valdi living up to the ‘Sun-Storm’ in her name against some crusty undead, and Erik on his knees nearly slain by the legendary Red Eagle. She has resolved to get everyone better armor, plus Erik needs a big axe. And a lot more healing potions.

Also she learned not to ask Vigilance to stay and guard the horses when he is in tall grass. Once they got back outside it took a long time to find him. embarrased.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Sep 8 2015, 05:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 8 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #2090

Ancient
Group Icon

Can you get a picture of her cute girly lizard face? And her outfit is very apropos for Dar-Ma, is that vanilla?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 8 2015, 06:26 PM
Post #2091

Ancient
Group Icon

Sounds like Dar-Ma has become the CEO of Skyrim's newest startup - Scales and Tails Incorporated!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 8 2015, 06:26 PM
Post #2092

Paladin
Group Icon

What a wonderful little snip from Dar-Ma's adventures. Her nature shines through loud and clear. I'm glad she's got a good crew to help her out. It's especially nice that she gathered up Erik - I'm sure Valdi appreciates that! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 8 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #2093

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 8 2015, 01:01 PM) *

Can you get a picture of her cute girly lizard face? And her outfit is very apropos for Dar-Ma, is that vanilla?

Sure: link. Dar-Ma’s face is one of the presets with some custom colors added with RaceMenu. None of the vanilla colors were bright enough. Her ‘hair’ is the two horns with rings and fabric on them, and her ‘eyebrows’ are the spines. You can’t see it very well in this picture, but she has some periwinkle color behind her jaw and on her chin as well.

Dar-Ma’s outfit with the white shirt is Ciri's Outfit (The Witcher) UNP-CBBE-Bodyslide by Oaristys, and the brown shirt version uses Ciri's Outfit Recolors by Mur4s4me textures over it. I used the Valenwood Brown cleaner version textures from the Recolors mod. Evidently there is also a no-bra patch out there made by someone, but I haven’t looked for it so Dar-Ma has her bra peeking out at the front. It kind of suits her, I think. She’s a bit scatterbrained in her game, and I can see her buttoning her shirt wrong. laugh.gif

SubRosa, Scales and Tails!! rollinglaugh.gif

Acadian, she even bought Erik and Valdi their own couples tent. That means she is tent mates with boozy Cosnach instead of better-smelling Valdi, but of course she is sweet about it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 8 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #2094

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 8 2015, 01:26 PM) *

Sounds like Dar-Ma has become the CEO of Skyrim's newest startup - Scales and Tails Incorporated!

laugh.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 8 2015, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 8 2015, 01:01 PM) *

Sure: link. Dar-Ma’s face is one of the presets with some custom colors added with RaceMenu. None of the vanilla colors were bright enough. Her ‘hair’ is the two horns with rings and fabric on them, and her ‘eyebrows’ are the spines. You can’t see it very well in this picture, but she has some periwinkle color behind her jaw and on her chin as well.

Dar-Ma’s outfit with the white shirt is Ciri's Outfit (The Witcher) UNP-CBBE-Bodyslide by Oaristys, and the brown shirt version uses Ciri's Outfit Recolors by Mur4s4me textures over it. I used the Valenwood Brown cleaner version textures from the Recolors mod. Evidently there is also a no-bra patch out there made by someone, but I haven’t looked for it so Dar-Ma has her bra peeking out at the front. It kind of suits her, I think. She’s a bit scatterbrained in her game, and I can see her buttoning her shirt wrong. laugh.gif

Oh, I understand the spine brows now! She is very cute! (and colorful!). Thank you for the link on her clothing, I loved that outfit in her screens!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 8 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #2095

Councilor
Group Icon

I also have that Ciri outfit on my grown-up Braith follower in Sofie's game. Dar-Ma looks cute in it, but Braith looks hot! laugh.gif The blue version is also very pretty. I have the textures ready to overwrite whenever they want to change their shirts.

Here are the girls of Whiterun (Sof and Braith) heading out on adventure. You can see the Ciri outfit's heeled boots and gloves on Braith on the right. Dar-Ma's clawed feet and heeled boots do not work together RP-wise, so Dar wears hide or buckled boots with hers.

Thank you for the kind words about sweet Dar-Ma, mALX!

This post has been edited by Grits: Sep 8 2015, 08:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 8 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #2096

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh my, it is so nice to watch those girls walk away! wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 8 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #2097

Ancient
Group Icon

That is Braith on the right with the long dark hair? She most def grew up nicely, and with a great butt! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 10 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #2098

Councilor
Group Icon

There may be a lot more screenshots of those two, now that they have new clothes. Those butts!! And the front view isn't bad, either. laugh.gif

Dar-Ma has secured a trade agreement with the tribal orcs by becoming their blood-kin. She is not entirely comfortable with the ‘blood’ part of that, but she’s very flattered by their acceptance of her, scales and all. Valdi and Erik have returned home to Rorikstead, and Dar-Ma has hired Ghorbash the Iron Hand as a guard. He is ex-Legion and seemed pretty bored at the stronghold. Dar-Ma’s porter Cosnach has a new pair of gauntlets, so maybe he will step up a little more when the group is under attack.

Valdi and Erik will be missed. Dar-Ma feels very alone all of a sudden in this strange land with two strangers. She doesn’t doubt their loyalty, it’s just that they are both so grim.

They are presently headed to Karthwasten on an errand for an orc. Dar-Ma has some orc-forged goods in her pack to trade when she gets there. She earned a good deal of gold trading her potions with the tribe’s wise-woman. Dar-Ma will only use plant materials in her own work. She may be the sole source of vegan potions in Skyrim.

Dear Dar continues to have navigation issues. She started through a mountain pass pretty much straight toward Karthwasten, but when Ghorbash suggested that she wait at the bridge while he battled the Forsworn who live in that valley, she turned them uphill to avoid the bloodbath. Even sunny Dar-Ma has realized that some people in the Reach just like daedra from the Deadlands are never going to like her.

The non-path took them over a mountain and then around it, ending up right by the bridge they started on. Right by as in right in the river. Dar-Ma made sure that everyone had survived the plunge (oops) and then nonchalantly strolled up the bank to a tree and began picking hanging moss, sort of I meant to do that. embarrased.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 10 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #2099

Ancient
Group Icon

Of course she meant to do that. Where else would an Argonian end up but in the river! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 10 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #2100

Paladin
Group Icon

The adventures of Dear Dar continue. Ghorbash should make for an excellent body guard I would think. Ever so much better to take him along rather than letting him just become another 'Old Orc' waiting for a good death. Nice to see Dar-Ma still enjoying her water sports. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

132 Pages V « < 103 104 105 106 107 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:33 PM