Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 24 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #441

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 24 2018, 07:41 AM) *

I own a Steam copy of Fallout 4 but for gaming I use a downloaded version. My gaming version is 1.7.12 which means I can't use the Unofficial patch because it requires version 1.10.89 or greater. Now my question is - is the UOP a must or some of you don't use it and don't have any problems because of that?

Fallout4 is arguably the most stable BGS game ever. Khajiit played vanilla on PS4 for a long time without many serious issues, just an occasional crash. This one thinks you should be fine without it.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jul 24 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #442

Master
Group Icon

I second Khajiit. You won't have any problems until you stumble upon mods that require F4SE.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 24 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #443

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jul 24 2018, 10:00 AM) *

I second Khajiit. You won't have any problems until you stumble upon mods that require F4SE.

Well theoretically he should be fine if he can find the proper version of the Script Extender for his game version. He should never have to worry about the Creation Crap updates if his version doesn’t ever update. The only thing is he will need to find mod files that match his Script Extender version.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 24 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #444

Master
Group Icon

Thank you both.

I found a bunch of different F4SE in the archive but I'll have to find the proper version for my game.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 24 2018, 09:22 PM
Post #445

Ancient
Group Icon

I put my new tugboat home - The USS Bunker Hill - here on Dropbox. I finished the navmeshing last night. That was a real pain, because it turns out I put the boat right on the point where four cells meet. So I had to navmesh each cell separately.

It is very bare bones. My intention was to use the workshop to decorate it in the game. But it does start with all the crafting stations, a bed, and storage. You can find it on the riverfront south of Bunker Hill and the USS Constitution. Its map marker will be instantly visible and able to be traveled to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 24 2018, 09:47 PM
Post #446

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 24 2018, 03:22 PM) *

I put my new tugboat home - The USS Bunker Hill - here on Dropbox. I finished the navmeshing last night. That was a real pain, because it turns out I put the boat right on the point where four cells meet. So I had to navmesh each cell separately.

It is very bare bones. My intention was to use the workshop to decorate it in the game. But it does start with all the crafting stations, a bed, and storage. You can find it on the riverfront south of Bunker Hill and the USS Constitution. Its map marker will be instantly visible and able to be traveled to.

Looks like Désirée has a new boat to find! Thanks for sharing, we will probably go look for it tonight when Khajiit gets home from work.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 25 2018, 01:05 AM
Post #447

Ancient
Group Icon

So far I have gotten into firefights with the Raiders across the river twice. So maybe it was not such a great spot after all. Either I did not get them all the first time, or they are respawning awfully fast.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 25 2018, 01:32 AM
Post #448

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 24 2018, 07:05 PM) *

So far I have gotten into firefights with the Raiders across the river twice. So maybe it was not such a great spot after all. Either I did not get them all the first time, or they are respawning awfully fast.

Khajiit will test it. Are you playing on Survival or one of the “normal” difficulties?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 25 2018, 01:49 AM
Post #449

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 24 2018, 08:32 PM) *

Khajiit will test it. Are you playing on Survival or one of the “normal” difficulties?

Normal. I never play on survival.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 25 2018, 02:32 AM
Post #450

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 24 2018, 07:49 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 24 2018, 08:32 PM) *

Normal. I never play on survival.

Gotcha. The only reason Khajiit asked is because Survival makes cells respawn waaay slower than usual. Désirée is currently running around in “very easy” mode so we should get similar results if everything is working like it should.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 25 2018, 08:27 AM
Post #451

Ancient
Group Icon

Ok so we downloaded it and did a preliminary check on the raiders. Got into a big fight with maybe 7 or 8 of them and then when the smoke cleared, we went over to them and discovered none left alive. So we then ran down to The Combat Zone, grabbed Cait, and then fast traveled back to the boat. There were two more raiders spawned at the point across the water from the boat. We then fast traveled back to The Combat Zone and ran all the way down to the little neighborhood near Hangman’s Alley where the random encounter spawns. Finally, we fast traveled back to the tugboat and two more raiders spawned in that area. So it does seem they are respawning everyday, at least. That said, Khajiit thinks they are far enough away that they can mostly be avoided or easily taken out with a sniper rifle or whatever from the ship. Will try building stuff on it tomorrow.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 25 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #452

Ancient
Group Icon

Annnnd Khajiit just broke his Script Extender again indifferent.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 26 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #453

Ancient
Group Icon

Thankfully the SE team is usually on it and the SE update doesn’t take too long to come out (of course, the should be pros at quickly patching it by now, lol). Khajiit is back up and running.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 26 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #454

Ancient
Group Icon

If you keep Steam if offline mode, the game will never get updated and break F4SE.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 26 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #455

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 26 2018, 03:17 PM) *

If you keep Steam if offline mode, the game will never get updated and break F4SE.

Well this was entirely Khajiit’s fault. Stupidity on his part.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 27 2018, 12:42 AM
Post #456

Ancient
Group Icon

I have had some good news on the USS Bunker Hill front. Since those first two firefights, I have not had any more trouble with the Raiders across the river. So I guess I just did not get them all the first time. Now that they are all dead, it looks like they have not respawned.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 27 2018, 12:45 AM
Post #457

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 26 2018, 06:42 PM) *

I have had some good news on the USS Bunker Hill front. Since those first two firefights, I have not had any more trouble with the Raiders across the river. So I guess I just did not get them all the first time. Now that they are all dead, it looks like they have not respawned.

Really? Well that is good news! Khajiit went into the CK and added a staircase to the roof of the bridge. This one hopes you don’t mind.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 27 2018, 12:51 AM
Post #458

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 26 2018, 07:45 PM) *

Really? Well that is good news! Khajiit went into the CK and added a staircase to the roof of the bridge. This one hopes you don’t mind.

You can do whatever you like. I have been looking for ways to get up to the top of the boat too. Its too bad ladders don't work in this game. I found a mod called Just A Ladder that is supposed to add ladders to the workshop. But I have not tried using it yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 27 2018, 01:46 AM
Post #459

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 26 2018, 06:51 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 26 2018, 07:45 PM) *

You can do whatever you like. I have been looking for ways to get up to the top of the boat too. Its too bad ladders don't work in this game. I found a mod called Just A Ladder that is supposed to add ladders to the workshop. But I have not tried using it yet.

Khajiit’s other thought was to just do a hatch on the ceiling of the bridge cabin and have it exit onto the roof (with a superficial ladder on the wall), but the stairs and platform he used was much simpler (and it looks like it fits in too).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 27 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #460

Ancient
Group Icon

Some really weird [censored] happening with Khajiit’s game. This one clicked on the NMM “start F4SE” button and promptly discovered that Steam was no longer detecting Fallout4 being installed. WTF?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:19 AM