Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beyond Skyrim Projects
King Of Beasts
post Nov 29 2017, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Recently, Beyond Skyrim: Bruma was ported to console, and I think is an amazing mod that needs to be talked about. Not only does the mod look beautiful, but the score, voice acting, and lore accuracy is on point. I was quite excited for Skyblivion, and Skywind (both going to me amazing mods), but I believe that the Beyond Skyrim team deserves just as much attention. Not only did they do Bruma, but they plan on doing the entirety of Cyrodiil in the Fourth Era, as well as High Rock, Morrowind, and several other provinces. Here is the link to the team's website

My screens of the console version of the mod below:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 30 2017, 11:29 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

And this mod was partly why I just started replaying Skyrim yet again! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Dec 1 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

This is why I'm mad Skyrim won't load for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 1 2017, 02:49 AM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, that ... I'm amazed, KoB! That simply looks delicious.

So it's Skyrim LE, and you are able to go to Bruma nowadays? That's really neat. I love the fall-colored trees in the background.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 1 2017, 02:50 AM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Dec 2 2017, 06:58 AM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

I don't have any pretty screenshots to add but once again, I loved it. I can't wait to see what the team does with High Rock and Black Marsh. The latter because holy crap and the former because I really want to see how they set it apart from Cyrodiil after it pretty much took it's "aesthetic". Having seen some of the concept art, I'm pleased.

I also heard that the Moonpath to Elsweyr is being repurposed for this project which is pretty exciting tbh. The actual mod, being old, is honestly somewhat meh, so I'm looking forward to what they do with it now that there's a full team of people and years of Skyrim modding to build off of.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 1 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

I decided to try out Beyond Reach in Souissi's game. The mod takes place in the east of High Rock and the area is about the size of three Skyrim holds. You can initiate the quest by entering any of the main cities and walk past the priestess and her guard. The priestess will initiate a conversation, which believe me, is very interesting, and when it's over, you're eager for some answers. Afterwards you're asked to find a traveling merchant that takes you to High Rock.

I've only spent 10 minutes in High Rock but the beginning is great and I was hooked to the story / place immediately. Attacked by a being that's neither dead nor alive, addressed by a flying beast that's not a dragon,...apparently the entire mod is very well-done, but they definitely created a great intro, nothing in the base game would make me so interested in what's to follow.

The only minor glitch that can occur with this mod is that it doesn't correctly update some quests (side quests, not main quests) and if you visit e.g. a cave that you're supposed to visit during some quest, but you're there because you were doing some random exploration, not the quest, well in such cases the quest may trigger on its own but it might not be updated properly. Apparently there are only a few such occurrences and neither of them are game-breaking, it's more like you don't have a clue about some quest instructions that just popped out. So the advice is to save in various slots and if you experience something that shouldn't be happening like NPCs talking to you of events that hasn't happened yet, it's advised to reload.

There's an add-on which adds more trees to High Rock and another mod which tweaks some things of the base mod like spelling mistakes in dialogues, books etc

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 1 2018, 09:10 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Nov 1 2018, 11:02 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Beyond Reach isn't part of the Beyond Skyrim Project, it's a standalone thing. The High Rock project is rolled together with Hammerfel.

Truth be told, I tried Beyond Reach about a year ago and the version I played was, uh, not good. It felt very out of place for what was supposed to be an Elder Scrolls mod, and the world map was somehow upside-down.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 2 2018, 08:21 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Oh okay, I didn't know it's not a part of the same mod, because the name is so similar.

I'll see how I like it in the end, maybe I'll too be disappointed along the way.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:28 PM