Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here I go again, another mod in the making.
mALX
post May 8 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 7 2015, 04:35 PM) *

I may also have to attempt this - the Psijic robes, minus the outer layer.

That is adorable! But are those booties on the feet?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 8 2015, 08:57 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 8 2015, 02:28 PM) *

They're these

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 8 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 8 2015, 03:57 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 8 2015, 02:28 PM) *

They're these

Oh, well that is much better! I was picturing little soft cloth booties, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 10 2015, 10:19 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

Making some progress: I have all the summer robes defined, and in a leveled list. I've added it to Nelacar's merchant chest, so now he sells a random selection of them (provided you don't go to see him with the Black Star quest pending). I also added the College Boots and unenchanted mage hood, just for completeness.

I did that by editing the base chest, but I'm looking for a way to add it when the game loads. No luck so far.

Likewise, I haven't found a way to pass the Psijic Initiate robes when you speak to Quaranir, without editing the quest script. I'd rather find a way to trigger a separate quest to do that, so it's "clean".

And I'm still working on the texture for this one, but the picture gives you an idea where I am. I only have a 100 weight version, but shrinking it around the smaller body is relatively easy.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 1 2015, 03:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 12 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m glad Nelacar is cooperating. Great idea to have him sell some accessories to make an outfit.

The Psijic inner robe looks great! It’s exciting to see the progress. I love the color and the wide belt is really neat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 12 2015, 06:04 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 10 2015, 05:19 PM) *

Making some progress: I have all the summer robes defined, and in a leveled list. I've added it to Nelacar's merchant chest, so now he sells a random selection of them (provided you don't go to see him with the Black Star quest pending). I also added the College Boots and unenchanted mage hood, just for completeness.

I did that by editing the base chest, but I'm looking for a way to add it when the game loads. No luck so far.

Likewise, I haven't found a way to pass the Psijic Initiate robes when you speak to Quaranir, without editing the quest script. I'd rather find a way to trigger a separate quest to do that, so it's "clean".

And I'm still working on the texture for this one, but the picture gives you an idea where I am. I only have a 100 weight version, but shrinking it around the smaller body is relatively easy.

That is really nice looking! You should be able to make a separate quest that is triggered by the condition "If X Quest is >stage Y then Z happens" - so it doesn't effect (affect?) Quaranir's quest at all, can't you? I know that worked in Oblivion, but have only compiled one script in Skyrim so really don't know if it works that way in Skyrim too.

And if the Player has to talk to Quaranir; then you could actually just have the robes placed in the Player's inventory as a result of the dialogue without it even being a script condition - again, if it is done that way in Skyrim. It was in Oblivion, but I haven't seen if it is the same way in Skyrim.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 13 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

In Oblivion, scripts were running all the time, and so as soon as a condition was true, the script would act on it. Effectively, it was sitting there asking if the condition happened, over and over, until it did. Way too much overhead, so they got rid of that!

In Skyrim, they don't run until triggered by an event in the game. So I have to find an event that I can subscribe to. They didn't provide a "stage completed" event, as the quest script can create one - a script event - for when it needs to notify other quests. But that means editing their script, which I want to avoid, in case any other mod does it. Adding a Quest Fragment (a piece of script that runs when a quest changes stage) can only be done as a change to their quest. Again, something to avoid for the same reasons.

It may have to be started on entering the room (a change location event) with the right conditions (CoW quest running), and then test every few seconds to see if the quest stage is reached. The quest would stop if you get the robe, or leave the room without talking to Quaranir. In the latter case, re-entering would start it again.

Bottom line is that it's easy if I change the vanilla content, but that's bad because other mods can turn it all off (such as Unofficial Patches), and harder but safer to do it right.

I need to find out if I can make Nelacar a member of an additional merchant faction with its own chest to give him the new content, or whether the game only allows one active at a time. Adrianne in Whiterun is in two factions, but that controls selling inside and outside the shop, so only one is active.

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 13 2015, 07:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 17 2015, 12:17 AM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 13 2015, 01:48 PM) *

In Oblivion, scripts were running all the time, and so as soon as a condition was true, the script would act on it. Effectively, it was sitting there asking if the condition happened, over and over, until it did. Way too much overhead, so they got rid of that!

In Skyrim, they don't run until triggered by an event in the game. So I have to find an event that I can subscribe to. They didn't provide a "stage completed" event, as the quest script can create one - a script event - for when it needs to notify other quests. But that means editing their script, which I want to avoid, in case any other mod does it. Adding a Quest Fragment (a piece of script that runs when a quest changes stage) can only be done as a change to their quest. Again, something to avoid for the same reasons.

It may have to be started on entering the room (a change location event) with the right conditions (CoW quest running), and then test every few seconds to see if the quest stage is reached. The quest would stop if you get the robe, or leave the room without talking to Quaranir. In the latter case, re-entering would start it again.

Bottom line is that it's easy if I change the vanilla content, but that's bad because other mods can turn it all off (such as Unofficial Patches), and harder but safer to do it right.

I need to find out if I can make Nelacar a member of an additional merchant faction with its own chest to give him the new content, or whether the game only allows one active at a time. Adrianne in Whiterun is in two factions, but that controls selling inside and outside the shop, so only one is active.

I wondered about adding a note in to trigger a mini quest in my mod, but I have heard that any note added to the list ends up messing up all the other notes. Do you know anything about that?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 18 2015, 02:24 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Still making progress on this one. It's taken multiple iterations through Blender and NifSkope trying to get the texture maps and rigging right, and there's still clipping in some poses, such as the enchanting table.

But the rest of the outfit's not being wasted!

I may release this outfit as a separate mod. The summer versions of the college stuff will appeal to a different audience. The Psijic Initiate texture falls right in between, as it will apply to the regular novice mesh, (and I have a male version of the texture, too). It could be an optional file with either.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 1 2015, 03:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 18 2015, 04:14 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 18 2015, 09:24 AM) *

Still making progress on this one. It's taken multiple iterations through Blender and NifSkope trying to get the texture maps and rigging right, and there's still clipping in some poses, such as the enchanting table.

I may release this outfit as a separate mod. The summer versions of the college stuff will appeal to a different audience. The Psijic Initiate texture falls right in between, as it will apply to the regular novice mesh, (and I have a male version of the texture, too). It could be an optional file with either.

I really love that first robe outfit. On the Psijic one - had to zoom in the screen to realize I was seeing Psijic panties there, wasn't sure if she was just clean shaven or something, rollinglaugh.gif

"Jake, from State Farm? What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm?"

"... Uh...Khaki...?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post May 19 2015, 05:15 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 18 2015, 10:14 AM) *

I really love that first robe outfit. On the Psijic one - had to zoom in the screen to realize I was seeing Psijic panties there, wasn't sure if she was just clean shaven or something, rollinglaugh.gif

"... Uh...Khaki...?"

For those who may not be familiar with Jake from State Farm, here's the TV spot. Enjoy!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 20 2015, 04:06 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ May 19 2015, 12:15 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 18 2015, 10:14 AM) *

"... Uh...Khaki...?"

For those who may not be familiar with Jake from State Farm, here's the TV spot. Enjoy!

That is the one! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 8 2016, 04:50 AM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

Revisiting this, and I may have found a mechanism for giving the player a robe when Quaranir visits. The player has to leave the Archmage's quarters at the end of the scene, and I can catch that location change, and test for the stage completion, to determine the right time.

The player will find a note in their pocket, which tells them to look in the closet in their room. The robes will be in there. The note will explain that Quaranir knew he'd have limited time, and wanted to ensure that nothing was left unsaid or undone. It can recapitulate the conversation, as well as directing the player to the robes.

The quest that is started by the location change can hopefully show an objective of "Read Quaranir's note" without that having any journal entry etc. I need to confirm that, but it looks possible.

The initiate's robes you get this way may need to be a leveled item to avoid unbalancing the CoW quest line. They'd still want to be better than College ones at the player's level. The ones I made already have stats higher than a College Master Robe. That would be more appropriate on a set of Psijic robes to be found in the quarters after becoming Archmage, and doing some additional quest(s). They'd also need a non-specific benefit, rather than fortify one skill, so maybe just higher regeneration and no fortify, or a small boost to all skills, like the Archmage's robes.

I need to consider players that also use the Archmage's Amulet. They can wear a lesser robe with that and it won't be too unbalanced. If the robes get too powerful, I'd have to add exclusion for the Amulet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 25 2022, 06:48 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

I added this to a game to see if still worked, and of course it did not. Then I recalled that there was a setup quest that adds Nelacar to a new faction that gives him the second chest of items. so I ran that, and his stock did not change. He only has his regular stock from his vanilla game chest. I have some debugging to do before I can package up a beta version. The setup will be set for run at startup when distributed, but if it is set in my test game, then every test has to be new character.

Then I need to port up to SE and retest, as most will be on that version. I run both, as developing on LE and then porting works well enough.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 26 2022, 12:13 AM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

OK it's near enough to try, if anyone is brave enough, and still has a Skyrim LE installation.

It's on the TESMods site so this is as much a test of the navigation as anything else.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:57 PM