Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

145 Pages V « < 127 128 129 130 131 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
mirocu
post May 14 2019, 05:40 PM
Post #2561

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 14 2019, 02:19 PM) *

747 you must be selling literally everything you can pick up, am I right?

And Bingo was her name-o! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ May 14 2019, 02:19 PM) *

In other words, with my guys & gals, they only pick up with I'd think they can realistically carry, Mirocu is picking up everything, and then Gunny also helps.

In the word of Dave Hester: YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP! ™

Well, there are items I don't pick up. For instance if the weight to value ratio is too low then I don't bother.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post May 15 2019, 07:09 AM
Post #2562

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 12 2019, 10:29 AM) *

I use fast travel quite a bit. Often to get to certain "starting points" from where I usually set off in a certain direction

I like this idea and use it myself when playing a Beth game. It heaps keep things fresh rather than travelling over that same ground again and again and again....

As for selling items I have always used a 4:1 ratio (value gold/caps against weight) to decide if it was worth grabbing. It is second nature when playing Oblivion or Fallout 3. smile.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 24 2019, 02:52 PM
Post #2563

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Wandering the NW section of the Capital Wasteland. Got a bunch of stuff on mine and Gunny's persons *ahem* and we really need to sell it.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 26 2019, 05:34 PM
Post #2564

Councilor
Group Icon

Technically, you don't *need* any more caps, Crow. How about donating some to the cause? Come. Help Cho Zen Wan defeat the Enclave. Just a small donation of.... oh .. how about two zillion caps? Then, you can write it off on your tax return!

I am returning to New Vegas this morning. smile.gif I accidentally logged into Karen Aboucha's game instead of Linda Hand's. To refresh our memories (including mine) Karen is the less-adventurous gal I rolled last summer, while Linda is very quest-oriented. But it's good that I logged into Karen's game because I want to get back into NV one step at a time.

------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 11.13.81, 10:55 AM

Karen Aboucha begins her night lazing around in one of the booths of Prospector Saloon. Listening to old-timey music on its juke.

"Esta es la vida," she mutters, and smiles.

"What?" It's Trudy, the saloon's boyish-sounding barmaid.

"Sorry. I mean to say, 'this is the life.'"

"Oh." Trudy smiles, as well. She returns to her latest task: wiping shot glasses with a clean rag. This task is needless, of course, since the saloon's shot glasses were already clean. Wiping glasses down gave Trudy something to do though, of course.

In an hour or two, Trudy and Karen leave the saloon, and go back to Trudy's place. In an hour or two, Sunny shows up, and the scene becomes awkward, but in a laid-back sort of way. Still, Karen decides she'll mosey off, and wanders back to Victor's Shack, where she'll have a nightcap. Maybe she'll then sleep until it's well past noon. Maybe then she'll mosey on back to Prospector Saloon.

Or maybe, she'll go off scavenging instead. Karen smiles. Goodsprings es impressionante. She knows she's got all the time in the world.
`

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 26 2019, 07:55 PM
Post #2565

Master
Group Icon

Too bad there isn't another bed in Trudy's house.

But hey, Easy Pete would gladly host Karen... hehe.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 26 2019, 09:47 PM
Post #2566

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 26 2019, 02:55 PM) *

Too bad there isn't another bed in Trudy's house.

But hey, Easy Pete would gladly host Karen... hehe.gif

I don't know, Easy Pete might talk her ear off...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 2 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #2567

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, I do not think Easy Pete's going to have that sort of company. smile.gif Pete'll have to wait for some other character!

------------------

IPB Image

*POP!*

Pipboy App ON

Date: Monday, 04.06.78, 3:53 PM

Cho here. "Here" being Olney Paperworks, that is. Looks like I've .... I mean we've, finally got this damn Tesla Coil thingie. Had a hell of a time getting in here. For anybody who follows, at least they won't have to deal with [censored] deathclaws, at least. Break.

Had to hack into several computers just to get in, man that was not fun. Starting to get the hang of it all though. Maybe if I can find Marge, she can program my Pipboy to do all the work. No more hacking. Break.

Looks like one final computer here. Let me grab my Mentats. Hope I don't get addicted to these things. ...

unidentified male voice: Ah, there he is! Talking into his arm again.

unidentified male voice 2: Cho, give it up. Nobody's ever gonna hear all these recordings a hundred years from now. What are ya, trying to get famous?

Ha ha, very funny. But now seriously. Shut the hell up. I gotta focus. Got another damn computer.

unidentified male voice 2: Oh yeah, by the way, we just thought of something Cho.

Soldier, you may speak.

unidentified male voice 2: What if you find that chick who programmed your Pibguy. Get her to make some program so you don't have to hack all these computers? That'd be fab, wouldn't it? .... What?

Yes soldier, what a great idea. Time for your promotion. How about I make you sergeant. How about we all start calling you "sarge?"

unidentified male voice: What if we start calling him whelp?

unidentified male voice 3: What if we start calling him lapdog? *unidentified sound*

Alright, seriously guys, shut the hell up. Daddy's gotta get to work again. Keep your positions. Stay in formation. We don't know if we're about to get ambushed by more Enclave fuckers.

unidentified male voices: SIR YES SIR!!!

*click!*

Pipboy App OFF

Date: Saturday, 03.28.78, 4:10PM

Hey I'm bored.

Let's go...

This one's mine!

Flank 'em!

Oh, you want somma this? You want sum?

Another one for the good guys.

Scoundrel'd

cool.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Jun 2 2019, 06:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 2 2019, 06:25 PM
Post #2568

Ancient
Group Icon

Sergeant Cho!

Awwwm, poor deathclaws... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jun 4 2019, 11:27 AM
Post #2569

Master
Group Icon

Deathclaws breed like crazy. The Hobo just cleared Old Olney, now they're already back.

Cocked'n'locked. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 12 2019, 03:49 PM
Post #2570

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 26 2019, 06:34 PM) *

Technically, you don't *need* any more caps, Crow. How about donating some to the cause? Come. Help Cho Zen Wan defeat the Enclave. Just a small donation of.... oh .. how about two zillion caps? Then, you can write it off on your tax return!

I guess I could do that. If I wasn't a cheapskate biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 30 2019, 04:01 PM
Post #2571

Councilor
Group Icon

*POP!*

Pipboy App ON

Date: Saturday, 04.12.78, 12:48 AM

Hey y'all out there. Well it looks like we're going to the White House! Running back and forth in a place called Georgetown, trying to figure stuff all out. It's funny because according to our studies back in Vault 101, Georgetown was once a prosperous, gleaming center of the D.C. metropolis. Senators and top-ranked FBI agents had elegant homes out here. And I can see what they mean. Place must have been pretty fancy-*unidentified word* at one time. I wonder how many caps it'd take per month to rent one of these! ... What sort of monthly fees would one have to pay? Break.

And now look at the place. It's a dump. Infested by super-mutants. Until the C-team comes to town, of course. Break.

Seems like I found some sort of power box which is missing a fuse. Down there in the Metro area. Gotta say, the Presidential Metro is a lot cleaner than what we're usually been seeing. But I gotta find some [censored] fuse to power up the metro trains, to get to Adams Air Force Base. Always something, ya know? Break.

It really helps though, because one of the ... the Citadel scientist scribes came up with a pretty cool invention for my customized gun. He added some sort of simple computer toggle, or whatever. If I flip this switch, and my C-team is not around, it'll cause a small green light to show up on their power armor suits. And they know to come find me. Flip it back again, and now they know just to stay where they are, because a red light shows up for them. Pretty badass? Break.

I can't find this [censored] fuse or whatever. Gonna have to ... I don't know. I don't know what to do next. I do have some rather crappy pictures to upload though, whenever we get back to *unidentified word*

*click!*

Pipboy App OFF

Date: Saturday, 04.12.78, 12:55 AM

Welcome to Georgetown

Lazer Battle

Statue

Storming the Place

This post has been edited by Renee: Jun 30 2019, 04:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 30 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #2572

Ancient
Group Icon

I have news for Cho. Everywhere in the Wasteland is a dump! That's why its called a wasteland after all... laugh.gif

Neat laser battle.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 7 2019, 04:46 AM
Post #2573

Master
Group Icon

Cho is the Laser Commander.

Is that vanilla helmet he's having equipped'

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 12 2019, 03:45 PM
Post #2574

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Usual running around here. Started mid-map and then southwards past the Corvega factory where we came across an Outcast (Hey-Ya!) patrol which we followed a bit until they did a 180. Gunny and I are now by the subway station near the recruitment center close to D.C.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 19 2019, 03:48 PM
Post #2575

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I'm yet again on a mission to try and find Firelance. The encounter happened years ago but at the time I didn't bother. Some time later I tried finding it using Dogmeat and I tried again today. Didn't get Firelance but I finally picked up the regular Alien Blaster anyway, plus the energy cells.

I know in what general area it happened, I just need to return there with Dogmeat again and be more methodical.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 19 2019, 06:17 PM
Post #2576

Master
Group Icon

I've only seen this encounter once but I can't remember in whose game it was.

Are you sure the Firelance is still somewhere out there? Could it happen that it got 'deleted' when the cell reset?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 20 2019, 02:51 PM
Post #2577

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 19 2019, 07:17 PM) *

Are you sure the Firelance is still somewhere out there? Could it happen that it got 'deleted' when the cell reset?

That is a possibility, I don't know. It could also have taken a dive into the ground mesh. I wanna give it another try though in case it's still there.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 20 2019, 06:58 PM
Post #2578

Master
Group Icon

Where did you have the encounter, just curious? In my case it was close to the Roach King location.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 21 2019, 12:14 PM
Post #2579

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 20 2019, 07:58 PM) *

Where did you have the encounter, just curious? In my case it was close to the Roach King location.

Just by MDPL-13 powerstation. Went there again with Dogmeat but it must be too late by now. I covered a huge area but wherever I tried getting him to search for a weapon, upon leaving the conversation he immediately engaged me again, indicating there is nothing around.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jul 21 2019, 12:58 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 28 2019, 06:05 PM
Post #2580

Councilor
Group Icon

10.25.81, 12:53 -- Linda Hand is in Primm, where she's trying to find the people who shot her, but now she's getting shot at! Damn convicts.

Rleplay-wise, she's trying to find her brother, Les Havva Hand (sorry if I'm repeating myself; trying to get into the story here!) Anyway, she and Les came to the Vegas area some weeks before. Her brother had gone missing, and presumably the people who tried to kill her may have kidnapped her brother. Who knows, maybe he's now part of some forced entertainment. Les is an entertainer, after all.

There's a sort of urgency to Linda's game, because of all this extra stuff. She pretty much ignores all quests so far, unless they deal with trying to find the men who tried to pwn her, and may have captured or killed her bro.

But she just discovered some binoculars!!! Really nice to have these! I had no idea binocs are in this game.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 28 2019, 06:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

145 Pages V « < 127 128 129 130 131 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:50 AM