Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

145 Pages V « < 128 129 130 131 132 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
Winter Wolf
post Jul 29 2019, 07:57 AM
Post #2581

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 28 2019, 06:05 PM) *

Les is an entertainer, after all.

Sounds like you are in the right place then. laugh.gif Even the down and out can find their shelf here in Vegas.

But she just discovered some binoculars!!! Really nice to have these! I had no idea binocs are in this game.

Are you running Couriers Stash? They always pop up at the start when a new game is started. Make sure you grab all DLC if you can- including Gun Runners Arsenal. The one thing of many that Obsidian did right was the add-ons. They are all awesome!

I love the binoculars in NV. It was one of the first things I modded in FO4.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 29 2019, 10:17 AM
Post #2582

Master
Group Icon

It makes sense to have an urgency to the main quest, especially since it's your first time of going after Benny. My first character would also ignore most quests that popped up on his way to catch Benny.

Binoculars are a nice addition, I agree. I think I know where in Primm you found them, right above the hotel entrance?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 29 2019, 03:06 PM
Post #2583

Councilor
Group Icon

Wolfie: Her brother, Les Havva Hand, will be a future character I'll roll once I'm playing the game on PC, and can choose alternate start options. I have a feeling Les either got kidnapped (as Linda fears) or maybe he even ditched her, because she's the "big sis" who he had to deal with all his life in whatever vault they came from, and he's sick of her for some reason.

Hmm, I'm not sure what Courier's Stash is. Do I have all the DLC installed? I'm not sure. I'll have to check. Linda's game is on Xbox though, so one thing's for sure, if Courier's Stash is a mod.

Lopov: Yes, binocs were found right above the hotel entrance. *DING* Interesting that your first also ignored some quests. Honestly it's quite overwhelming, all the stuff being thrown at Linda. I can feel her mind going a little bonkers. wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 29 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #2584

Ancient
Group Icon

Sounds like his name should be changed to Les Needa Hand... wink.gif

The Courier's Stash is a group of 4 mini-dlc. Each gives you a few extra items to start with that are better than normal. A pair of binoculars are in one. The canteen in another one is almost a super-item, as it basically gives you a slow form of regeneration, especially if you play on Survival, where water matters. I bought the GOTY version of New Vegas, and it came with the Courier's Stash, and all the other dlc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 2 2019, 03:57 PM
Post #2585

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Today me and Gunny covered the north-western part of das map. Got plenty of Mirelurks and Giant Radscorpions. We also got a few Talons up in the mountains which helped weigh me down with the result I can now only walk instead of run.

Currently we're heading downwards in search of any caravan and if none is found we're heading to Megaton.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 2 2019, 05:53 PM
Post #2586

Master
Group Icon

Talon(s) in those parts?

Were they lurking in one of satellite arrays or were a part of a random encounter?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 3 2019, 03:09 PM
Post #2587

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 2 2019, 06:53 PM) *

Talon(s) in those parts?

Were they lurking in one of satellite arrays or were a part of a random encounter?

They have a spawn point roughly NW of Fort Constantine, or slightly NE of where the Outcasts have a small base.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 3 2019, 03:14 PM
Post #2588

Master
Group Icon

Right, now I remember. The Hobo encountered them there as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 3 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #2589

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Fun fact: I have a permanent marker there so I can always find those Talons for more l00t biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 18 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #2590

Councilor
Group Icon

11:03:81, 4:31: Linda Hand arrives in Novac. Okay, we get it now: No ... Vacancy! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 28 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #2591

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 18 2019, 08:49 PM) *

11:03:81, 4:31: Linda Hand arrives in Novac. Okay, we get it now: No ... Vacancy! biggrin.gif

I got that years ago and I don't even have the game biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 31 2019, 04:47 PM
Post #2592

Councilor
Group Icon

Wednesday, 11.07.81, 1:25 AM -- Linda Hand is exploring REPCONN Facility, where she's supposed to get rid of a Nightkin in its basement. Some ghouls who live in REPCONN"s top floor have given her this assignment. We are apprehensive about it, of course.

Thing is, I am thinking they're not really invisible all the time, unless (whoa) this actually means they've taken so much StealthBoy, or something. I have noticed there are lots of StealthBoys to be found here. emot-ninja1.gif

EDIT: cripes! Nightkins not only are invisible, but they don't show up as red dots???? Well, Linda just got one with her 9mm handgun. The thing jumped on her, just about, so she had no choice but to rain bullets on it, while backing up.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 31 2019, 04:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 31 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #2593

Master
Group Icon

I always liked this quest - Come fly with me. I remember that a lot of members at the old Beth forums would abhor this quest, apparently because it's not lore-friendly. But I like it so much that most of my characters complete it.

Good luck with nightkins, Linda Hand. A nightking jumped on her? That's not very friendly, is it? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 1 2019, 02:15 AM
Post #2594

Councilor
Group Icon

Absolutely not, it was not friendly at all when that nightkin jumped on her. laugh.gif

Why is it supposedly not lore friendly?

I can already see how many twists and turns New Vegas adds to quests. My gosh, first she got the quest from the guy who stands in the dino's mouth (lol) then she finds out not all ghouls are bad. She met the non-feral ones in the top of REPCONN and decided not to attack them. But they send her into the basement, where the top nightkin guy demands she figure out something about some StealthBoy shipment. But in doing so, she meets yet another non-feral ghoul who wants her to save a female friend of his.... panic.gif

It seemed like it would just keep getting more and more complicated! This is an effect of Linda having high Charisma, right? Everybody doesn't mind talking to her ... maybe if her CH was lower they'd just attack?

The final ghoul guy (the one who wanted her to find his friend) did eventually attack her though. Which was his mistake. But she did manage to make a peaceful resolution for everyone else in REPCONN so far.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 1 2019, 02:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 1 2019, 02:20 AM
Post #2595

Ancient
Group Icon

That is not a result of her charisma. All those people meet you and want you to do those things for them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 1 2019, 01:14 PM
Post #2596

Master
Group Icon

Apart from influencing Barter & Speech skills, Charisma has an impact on companion nerve, which the higher the charisma, the more dangerous and damage-resistant your followers are. Having a high charisma also unlocks a few dialogue options in some specific dialogues, but only at a few occasions, not with every NPCs.

Too bad that Linda Hand had to kill Harland. kvleft.gif He's an interesting chap, when I met him for the first time, I was hoping that he can later on be recruited as a companion. He can be quite easily provoked, however, and if making a step too close to his hideout, he gets hostile immediately, so it's easy to get on his wrong side.

Why is it supposedly not lore friendly?

I don't remember anymore but some members at old Beth forums would write essays regarding this quest and the lore. I don't think I ever bothered to read it in whole.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Sep 1 2019, 01:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 1 2019, 06:17 PM
Post #2597

Ancient
Group Icon

I think I know why some people might think it is not lore friendly, but don't want to give out any spoilers. Once Renee is finished with the quest, I'll say more.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 1 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #2598

Councilor
Group Icon

Why thank you. smile.gif Let' see if I can get Come Fly With Me done today.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 4 2019, 11:04 AM
Post #2599

Master
Group Icon

Blondie reached 300 hours! To celebrate this occasion, I installed two mods for her, one short and the other one medium in length. The shorter one, Peace in the valley, is about a mysterious murder that took place in Outer Vegas. Together with her new companion and part-time lover Derrick, Blondie needs to uncover the mystery.

In the second one, Treasure for a traveler, Blondie, Derrick and her faithful German shepherd Guts must follow clues, left behind by an unknown person, to uncover the mythic gold stash. Blondie suspects that in the end they won't find any gold, but that it's in fact a trick played on them but it remains to be seen.

Blondie was created in August 2014 and has been around for more than five years. She survived a major disk crash in 2016, and went through a lot of stability game issues, mostly due to excessive mods. At 300 hours her game is more stable than it was, so we're looking forward to many more hours together.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Sep 4 2019, 11:10 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 4 2019, 02:04 PM
Post #2600

Councilor
Group Icon

Nicely done! Time for some cake. cake.gif

Seriously, when we "met" in 2012 Lopov, I think your record was somewhere between 40 to 80 hours, for Falador's game. I know 300 is just a number,but it is rather nice to have a few who have been around for awhile, and you have some history with them. I need to have a look at how long Cho's been around. He was my first Fallout character, who I rolled in summer of 2013.

--------------------
+Quote Post

145 Pages V « < 128 129 130 131 132 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:14 AM