Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discussion, Got a new idea, post it here!
barreldragons
post Nov 30 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #81

Agent

I plan on making your pirate rating effect your infamy in a way, but you won't gain an infamy point for every pirate rating point. I am thinking of making it for every 10 points of pirate rating you get 1 point of infamy

wacko.gif well damn it faire but in some way it wierd i meen beside prisonier and your crew who can tell who you are? tongue.gif
personnaly am not a big fan of infamy point, and in some way it gona interfir with the game itself
we could alway say it like the gray fox obsolutely no relation are made between you and him wink.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
harvesterofsouls
post Dec 1 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #82

Retainer

how much longer!!
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Dec 1 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #83

Agent

by the look of it id say 3 or 4 week

just got a other idea : the deadric first mate ( not realy deadric ) could have some kind of side effect by is cursed and evolve to the second lvl of deadric ( or he could get cursed some more in a fight ) and that could bost is life ,endurence , and strenght.

we could alway make a quest for each first mate where they can become more powerfull ( like the mage find a magic book , the skuma first mate would be alerdy top lvl , the archer would need a magical relique called ''the Guihome Tell apple'') and some similar stuff .

and well i still strongely desagride to the addaptetion to infamie point by looting kvleft.gif

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Dec 11 2006, 07:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Dec 19 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #84

Agent

and the final countdown !!!! 8 more major thing to do in it ( plz dont give infamy point system!!!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
julian
post Dec 20 2006, 12:04 AM
Post #85

Associate

Hey Dark soul, looking forwar to the complete pirate isles mod!!
Have a question for you, I was wondering what it would be like to sail from the pirate isles, to anvil or IC itself or from IC or Anvil to the pirate isle, so my question is: Where is your island located on the map, so I can sil to it, is this possible?

+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Dec 20 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #86

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Dec 1 2006, 12:43 PM) *

by the look of it id say 3 or 4 week

just got a other idea : the deadric first mate ( not realy deadric ) could have some kind of side effect by is cursed and evolve to the second lvl of deadric ( or he could get cursed some more in a fight ) and that could bost is life ,endurence , and strenght.

we could alway make a quest for each first mate where they can become more powerfull ( like the mage find a magic book , the skuma first mate would be alerdy top lvl , the archer would need a magical relique called ''the Guihome Tell apple'') and some similar stuff .

and well i still strongely desagride to the addaptetion to infamie point by looting kvleft.gif

Interesting ideas, but i'm concentrating on getting out the main quest first before i add any more side quests.

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Dec 19 2006, 09:34 PM) *

and the final countdown !!!! 8 more major thing to do in it ( plz dont give infamy point system!!!)

There will be an infamy gain, but not for every looting, more along the lines of a point of infamy for getting the hideout, and for achieving certain things like a pirate rating of 25/50/75/100, and the main quest.

QUOTE(julian @ Dec 20 2006, 09:04 AM) *

Hey Dark soul, looking forwar to the complete pirate isles mod!!
Have a question for you, I was wondering what it would be like to sail from the pirate isles, to anvil or IC itself or from IC or Anvil to the pirate isle, so my question is: Where is your island located on the map, so I can sil to it, is this possible?

The pirate isles is in its own worldspace, you cannot sail there with a moveable ship. Its like this to minimise conflicts with other mods, and to make the creation of the worldspace simpler, without having to mess with borders etc.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Dec 22 2006, 05:08 AM
Post #87

Agent

ok. ok. let get infamie point by slaying inocent equipage crew from randome place but it could also give famous point for balance tongue.gif or it could stop the infamy progressing at 100 loot? or doing a quest who give you the same amought a point that you can lose by lotting in a honnorable way.

i dont know just some thing who could balance infamy vs famous

any way after 100 looting you become yourself a legend tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zackoeard
post Dec 22 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #88

Associate

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Dec 21 2006, 11:08 PM) *

ok. ok. let get infamie point by slaying inocent equipage crew from randome place but it could also give famous point for balance tongue.gif or it could stop the infamy progressing at 100 loot? or doing a quest who give you the same amought a point that you can lose by lotting in a honnorable way.

I think gaining infamy for piracy is a great idea, and I look forward to seeing it implemented. If I may mke a friendly suggestion barreldragons, you could just periodically set your infamy down through the console to keep it below your fame (or your fame up to keep it above your infamy?):

first use "~" key to get into console or out of console mode

setpcinfamy=<lower number>

or

setpcfame=<higher number>

+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Dec 22 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #89

Agent

if he leave me no chose tongue.gif

hope it wont come to this sad.gif

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Dec 23 2006, 03:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Dec 24 2006, 04:25 AM
Post #90

Agent

say can we have a unfinish new unfinish version for the holiday?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ataylor
post Dec 24 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #91

Associate

I think that Dark Soul and Logam's time is best dedicated to completing the whole mod. Replay the BETA if you have a craving for pirate maraudering.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Dec 24 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #92

Agent

i could but i was actuly craving for the equipable crew

--------------------
+Quote Post
victimized
post Dec 27 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #93

Associate

awesome mod love it

some feed back:
-It was really hard for me to tell who was on my team when id be looting a ship, plus one swing of my sword would destroy any of my teamates if their health wasn't full so i would often mistake a pirate for a sailor and kill them. maybe the sailors all wear red or something and navy blue, it would help a lot when looting.

-need more ingame instructions, i basically found out everything to do from spoiler section because took to long to figure out ingame. for example give the people in the first pirate town the topic of buying a ship, and they will tell you who to talk to, like in tamriel finding things out from rumors. Or when looking for a first mate you talk to the guy at the tavern who says "oh i heard [name] was looking for a new crew to help out with". it just makes it more enjoyable to learn about new quests that way instead of wandering around looking for someone cause you remember reading it was possible on the forums.

-i donno if your puting voices in, but thatd be awesome. the text went way to fast for me. i would have to choose a topic a bunch of times before i could catch everything they were saying.

-most the doors in the towns were red, even with people in them, so youd have to break in to talk to about something. im assuming this is just a BETA affect and will be resolved in final version.

suggestions:
itd be cool to be able to higher different levels of sailors for different prices instead of all crappy ones.

i know this is far fetched but itd be cool to be able to attack a town, just to fill that bottom cell with a bunch of prisoners.

overall it is an extremely fun mod and i cant wait for the final release, awesome job. i think its innovative and havent seen any other mods like it, keep up the good work.
+Quote Post
ryua
post Dec 29 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #94

Retainer

i thought it needed voices too untill i used this http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3083
if youy add blank mp3s the text stayes 10x as longer so its however long it takes you then click to move on
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Dec 30 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #95

Evoker

QUOTE(victimized @ Dec 28 2006, 05:40 AM) *

awesome mod love it

some feed back:
-It was really hard for me to tell who was on my team when id be looting a ship, plus one swing of my sword would destroy any of my teamates if their health wasn't full so i would often mistake a pirate for a sailor and kill them. maybe the sailors all wear red or something and navy blue, it would help a lot when looting.

-need more ingame instructions, i basically found out everything to do from spoiler section because took to long to figure out ingame. for example give the people in the first pirate town the topic of buying a ship, and they will tell you who to talk to, like in tamriel finding things out from rumors. Or when looking for a first mate you talk to the guy at the tavern who says "oh i heard [name] was looking for a new crew to help out with". it just makes it more enjoyable to learn about new quests that way instead of wandering around looking for someone cause you remember reading it was possible on the forums.

-i donno if your puting voices in, but thatd be awesome. the text went way to fast for me. i would have to choose a topic a bunch of times before i could catch everything they were saying.

-most the doors in the towns were red, even with people in them, so youd have to break in to talk to about something. im assuming this is just a BETA affect and will be resolved in final version.

suggestions:
itd be cool to be able to higher different levels of sailors for different prices instead of all crappy ones.

i know this is far fetched but itd be cool to be able to attack a town, just to fill that bottom cell with a bunch of prisoners.

overall it is an extremely fun mod and i cant wait for the final release, awesome job. i think its innovative and havent seen any other mods like it, keep up the good work.

Thanks for the feedback and support, i'm glad your enjoying it. In answer to your observations:
- All enemie sailors wear a blue or red and white striped shirt. The enemy pirates are a little harder to tell apart, but I didn't want the pirates locked into specific outfits.

- I'm hoping to add all the missions and such to rumours, so you can ask about rumours on the islands and then it will add the appropriate topics which you can ask people about. I haven't fiddled much with rumours, but i'm intending to do it that way, or simply create my own topic of rumours for the people of the pirate isles.

- I'm including instructions to have silent MP3s for the final version. I can't pre-generate and distribute them because it would be over 180mb (tried it already wink.gif). Have no fear though, its simple to generate them, and they make the text last about 10 seconds.

- I think i fixed the doors. Technically you shouldn't just be walking into someones house, but the tavern and shops should be open. Your a pirate, so theres a certain amount of breaking and entering required wink.gif

Suggestions:
- They are all levelled to The player to keep things balanced. You can now change their equipment, to give them better stuff and improve their fighting abilities.

- You can now get up to 3 prisoners from each battle. Theres a chance you'll be raiding an island at some point wink.gif

QUOTE(ryua @ Dec 30 2006, 08:49 AM) *

i thought it needed voices too untill i used this http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3083
if youy add blank mp3s the text stayes 10x as longer so its however long it takes you then click to move on

Thats what i was planning to inform people on how to use when i distribute the final, i won't be distributing the generated MP3 files myself, as its about 180mb.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
ryua
post Dec 31 2006, 02:58 AM
Post #96

Retainer

yea I bet its cause its still beta but i have the same prisoner every time, oh and tiny problem where the prisoner will appear outside the cell instead of in it, nothing major.
+Quote Post
ryua
post Dec 31 2006, 03:00 AM
Post #97

Retainer

oh i like how it was made where i can kill off my first mate or whatever and still hire new ones....had dremora but i learned how to free the other dude.....the dremora was strong, took alota potions smile.gif oh well
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Dec 31 2006, 05:13 AM
Post #98

Agent

say why the double post?

i know i double post to but i do it with hours interval not 2 min like your tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ryua
post Dec 31 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #99

Retainer

sorry, im just used to forums not allowing edit biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
KywerB
post Jan 3 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #100

Associate

Hey, hope this is posted in the right place but I didn't know where else it might fit, anyway, i'm having two major problems with this mod.

First, I cannot find the NPC needed for buying the first ship.

Also, with the dodgy skooma quest, when I try to return to the guy stuck in another realm with the extra potion the old man in the weird area isn't there so I can't travel anywhere.

Is this a bug in the mod?
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:37 PM