Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Holiday in Morrowind, OR: How Eilidh got her mojo back
PhonAntiPhon
post Aug 18 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

"You should go to Morrowind." Said her friend Callius. "I have some friends in Ald'ruhn, I can give you a letter of introduction if you like."

Eilidh, who'd had a difficult year what with a failed relationship, a fifty thousand septim loss on a business deal with a meadery in Skyrim which had subsequently failed; not to mention a slow and creeping sense of boredom and general malaise, gave the idea some brief consideration and agreed.
She'd never visited the area, indeed since arriving at Anvil some three years previously she had not left Cyrodiil, she knew little about the region; Callius had told her something of it but that was all. It would make a pleasant get away and also maybe reignite a little of the expeditionary spirit that she'd always enjoyed and which had formed such a big part of her previous military career back in her homeland across the sea.

It turned out that Callius' hometown was not on the Morrowind mainland but was instead located in Vvardenfell, a large island in the Inner Sea. After the briefest of searches - (it helped if one was a monied Princess, even a foreign one) - Eilidh was able to charter a cabin aboard a scheduled Imperial brigantine bound for Seyda Neen, a small Imperial settlement to the southwest of the island.
The Captain, one Marcus Lucillius, was the perfect gentleman as indeed were the officers and ratings, at least up on deck and in his presence. Eilidh was not naive enough however to assume they would be the same were she to venture into the dimness of their world below the deck, and so limited herself to her cabin, the captain's, and the aft, by the wheel.

The journey took some two days or thereabouts, and Eilidh spent the time either playing cards with Captain Marcus, writing in her journal, or hanging over the side of the boat and breathing in the salty air whilst staring out over the calm and deep waters of the Inner Sea; the wood creaking and the rigging and sails slapping as they came ever closer to Seyda Neen.
For the first time in a long while she felt a growing excitement and anticipation in her breast.

-X-

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Grits
post Aug 30 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Excellent notion to have Eilidh write down her request. Funnily enough I don’t struggle with spoken accents, but I’m afraid I can’t read dialog when it’s written phonetically. In those cases I try to guess what the character is saying by the reactions of others in the story. I liked how Dulnea seemed curious rather than frustrated with her mysterious guest.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 07:22 PM