2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ahnaressu's Travels Ch.9
Dantrag
post Jul 15 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Here's the beginning - I promised I would post it before leaving for the week.

Chapter 9
-----------

Valnor and Nyph stood behind Lergo from a distance, still skeptical about what the mage said he could do.

There were one hundred training dummies all in a group, with Lergo facing them about a hundred feet away. The mage began chanting loudly with both hands raised to the sky. The sound of his voice got louder and louder as the spell gained in intensity. A swirl of black clouds appeared over the dummies, and Lergo stopped chanting. When the cloud stood still over the targets, he slowly put his hands down and walked back to Valnor and Nyph.

"Just wait a second." he said with a wink.

Immediately after Lergo turned around, one hundred bolts of lighting came down, hitting every single dummy - a powerful spell to say the least, but it had taken the mage over thirty minutes to cast it.

Valnor and Nyph stood speechless as Lergo walked towards his tent, mumbling about how hungry he was.

As soon as the utter amazement subsided, Valnor grew more serious. "I think it's time to begin the attacks on the tribes again." he said to Nyph once Lergo had gone.

He had raised quite an army - not large enough for any full-scale war, but more than enough to eradicate the ashlanders. They had gained more people by hiring sellswords, and had kept them here with fulfilled promises of plunder - they had raided many a daedric shrine, dwemer ruin, and even some of the old dunmer strongholds. One such stronghold, Rotheran, served as their home for now.

"Start with the Erabenimsun. They have to be dealt with first, before they hear that we are acting again. If we start with another tribe, they will hear of the attack from word of mouth, and prepare. I would like to see them unprepared." Nyph said with a smile as he stroked the edge of his dagger.

Valnor shrugged. "Hmmm...your idea may work, though the Erabenimsun camp is a little far away from Rotheran."

"It will be a long way to get to any of the camps." Nyph replied. "But this way, we get rid of the most difficult tribe while our numbers are at their highest."

"I'll think on it." he said, walking back inside the fortress to eat some dinner.

Nyph still stood outside, watching as a hundred straw dummies burned in the distance.

-----------
Enjoy.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Jul 15 2005, 01:54 PM

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 15 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #2

Mage
Group Icon

Cool biggrin.gif
Read mine too please, i posted an update

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 15 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Yay Dantrag! Very nice, and I´m glad you keep it up. since i like it soo much your story.......so are you going away now? hmmm very well then, we´ll expect an update when you return.... biggrin.gif

(I´ll try updating mine as well..... wink.gif )

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 15 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Jul 15 2005, 09:31 AM)
Yay Dantrag! Very nice, and I´m glad you keep it up. since i like it soo much your story.......so are you going away now? hmmm very well then, we´ll expect an update when you return.... biggrin.gif

(I´ll try updating mine as well..... wink.gif )

I see how it is....you wait until I'm gone to update your story.... verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 25 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Valnor had indeed taken Nyph's adivce. The very next morning they were moving towards the Erabenimsun.

Nyph walked at the front with Lergo and Valnor.

"Do I lead the attack again?" Nyph asked, obviously eager for some killing.

"Yes, Nyph. You will take care of the perimeter guards as usual." Valnor replied. "But do not get caught again." he said, giving the assassin a threatening glare.

Lergo finally piped up. "I can cast a chameleon spell on him." he suggested. "Less chance of anything going wrong.

Valnor looked at the skinny wizard. "Do whatever needs to be done, but do not use the new spell - I want you well-rested to be able to cast it later."

Lergo nodded.

Valnor gave the order to set up camp, an order that was promptly obeyed. He looked at his map, and was confident that they would be close to the ashlander camp by the next night. He planned on attacking when the tribe was asleep - no scout would catch his army in time, because they wouldn't stop and wait for the darkness, but would arrive just in time.

At least that was Valnor's hope.

-----
enjoy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Jul 25 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Nice written Dantrag.. wink.gif A little short, in my opinion.. but I guess we'll have a whole new update soon with a nice written fight aye? winkgrin.gif

But keep it up! cool.gif
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 25 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #7

Mage
Group Icon

cool biggrin.gif
you better give us a good battle though [insert threaten smiley here]

--------------------
IPB Image

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 25 2005, 11:41 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

Maybe there won't be a battle at all wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 26 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

okay, so I was wrong.... biggrin.gif

------

Valnor's timing was perfect. His army went into their positions swiftly, ready to attack when the signal was given. The darknesss hid the army from the eyes of the ashlanders.

It hid Nyph even better. The assassin grinned in satisfaction as the fourth guard fell in a pool of his own blood. Only one more, and he could give the signal. Nyph crept behind the last guard, silent as a shadow. his red eyes lit up in anticipation of the kill. Nyph's job was a thrill. As the blood poured from the ashlander's throat, Nyph let out a sharp, high-pitched whistle.

Nyph watched as the army mercilessly cut into the Erabenimsun ranks. He smiled at the fact that his old tribe was finally eradicated. He had a lot of smiles as of late.

Han-Ammu, the recently-appointed ashkhan fought with all his strength, though he was no fighter, once stripped of his magical belongings given to him by the one seeking to be named the Nerevarine. His eyes grew wide as a claymore stabbed through his stomach.

"And so the tribe falls." Valnor remarked as Han-Ammu fell to the ground.

The remaining Erabenimsun were allowed to run - it was only a few women and children, maybe one warrior.

Nyph walked up to Valnor, who was surveying the scene, proud of his victory.

"One down." he remarked to the warrior.

"Three to go." Valnor finished for him. "Who's next?" he asked with a grin.

------------
enjoy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 27 2005, 08:08 PM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooh, ooh! Good update! goodjob.gif A bit short, but it's a good update, though. cake.gif
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Jul 27 2005, 09:57 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(MerGirl @ Jul 27 2005, 09:08 PM)
Ooh, ooh! Good update!  goodjob.gif A bit short, but it's a good update, though.  cake.gif

Agree... wink.gif
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 27 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #12

Mage
Group Icon

Cool, me wants more

--------------------
IPB Image

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post Jul 28 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #13

Unregistered

Nice.... Very nice. Almost speechless.

goodjob.gif
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 30 2005, 03:19 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Nyph sat smoking his skooma pipe in Valnor's tent accompanied by Valnor and Lergo.

"Ahemmusa." Valnor said flatly. "All we have to do is go north and east, though we have to be careful now that they are inhabiting a daedric ruin."

Nyph nodded his agreement, more intent on his skooma than on any kind of discussion at that moment.

Lergo nodded as well, actually agreeing with Valnor's logic. just as he opened his mouth to voice his approval, a scout burst through the tent.

"Valnor!" The scout said in a breathless voice. "The Urshilaku...they are having a large celebration of some sort."

"And...?" Valnor asked, obviously not wanting to be disturbed for such a petty bit of information.

"They have a new hero." The scout answered. "Supposedly, he fulfills an ancient prophecy."

Valnor sat down, and began to stare off into the distance as he thought about the implications. Was it the Nerevarine he had heard so much about? Would the Incarnate be helping the Urshilaku get their revenge? Did the Urshilaku know who and where they were? There were too many questions, and Valnor seriously thought about going for the Urshilaku next.

"Leave us." Valnor ordered the scout. When the intruder left the tent, Valnor turned to his advisors. "So do we change course for the Urshilaku?"

He was answered with a simultaneous "no" from his associates.

"If they have the Nerevarine fighting for them..." Valnor warned, leaving the implications unsaid.

Nyph sat up, putting his pipe aside. "There are numerous prophecies, some made up by ashkhans just to bolster his own position. I highly doubt it is the Nerevarine, more than likely someone form a lesser prophecy."

Valnor turned to Lergo. "What do you think?" he asked, wanting to know the wizard's opinion.

"I have to agree with Nyph." Lergo began. "You cannot automatically assume that the person they are holding a celebration for is from one specific prophecy. Have you ever studied prophecy?" Lergo asked, trying to explain. "There are millions, no billions, of prophecies. To assume that it is one specific one, without even knowing the person's exploits is rash at best."

Valnor nodded, content with the explanation for the time being, though he left out his main concern - the Nerevarine Prophecies were thought to be almost complete. He doubted that even he could stand up to Lord Nerevar Reborn...

------
edited a few typos...Enjoy the easier reading!

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Jul 30 2005, 10:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Jul 30 2005, 01:17 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Interesting, I like how your shaping the story now. Well written as always, some minor writting errors thought, you have writte yare insted of are.. and maybe forgot a big letter in the start of a sentance(sp?) but thats no problem... biggrin.gif

So keep on updating it Dantrag..! goodjob.gif
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 30 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fuzzy Knight @ Jul 30 2005, 08:17 AM)
Interesting, I like how your shaping the story now. Well written as always, some minor writting errors thought, you have writte yare insted of are.. and maybe forgot a big letter in the start of a sentance(sp?) but thats no problem... biggrin.gif

So keep on updating it Dantrag..! goodjob.gif

Please ignore typos made from typing at night. But I will go edit those now...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 31 2005, 04:36 AM
Post #17

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Just caught this update, it's easy to visualize the scenes you describe...very interesting, wonder what will happen next...can't wait.*Applause*

This post has been edited by Kiln: Jul 31 2005, 04:38 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 31 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #18

Mage
Group Icon

Cool, but how do they intend to get around the Zainab, who are right in the path from the Erabenimsun camp to the Ahemmusa camp?

--------------------
IPB Image

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 31 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jul 31 2005, 04:50 PM)
Cool, but how do they intend to get around the Zainab, who are right in the path from the Erabenimsun camp to the Ahemmusa camp?

They weren't choosing ahemussa for how lcose they were. They chose the Ahemussa because they have a defendable position, meaning they will need the largest number possible in their army.

If they went for the Zainab first, they would lose valuable soldiers, and might not even be able to overtake the Ahemussa in their shrine.

Getting around a tiny camp isn't really that hard...

Edit - lol!! Alexander called my story Dantrag's Travels. (I really don't know why it's funny, but I laughed.)

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Jul 31 2005, 10:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mazuk
post Aug 1 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

Wow nice story and some good updates. Great writing and keep up the good work Dantrag.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:15 PM