Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beast, submission for short story section
Dantrag
post Aug 15 2005, 03:02 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Facing assassins was nothing compared to this foe. A mage that had the potential to kill a god was as easy as swatting a fly compared to this foe. No matter how many times you get rid of it, it always comes back. It is always around me. When I sleep, it is there. When I eat, it is there. Its unbridled power threatens my very being. It makes me cough and sneeze, just breathing around this beast. For the first time in my life, I am afraid. For the first time in my life, a sword cannot kill my enemy.

-Shakur Ir Shin

----

"It is in our house." Shakur said to his wife Heddvild. "The demon has a short time remaining in this world." he said determinedly.

"Yes, I am in here." it called to Shakur, mocking him.

"The bedroom!" he exclaimed, running towards the room.

He took a rag out of his pocket and scanned the room looking for the beast. Where could it be?

"Come out and face me!" Shakur yelled.

If the beast wouldn't fight fair, neither would he. He put the rag back in his pocket and took a deep breath to strengthen his resolve. He had to use the new power he had discovered. In all his years of being an Ansei, he never would have guessed that he could summon something other than a sword - or more useful. He quickly summoned his new weapon and gripped it tightly as he searched under the bed - there it was!

With three swift strokes of his new weapon, the beast was gone, but it would soon return. Shakur didn't know how long he had to live. The demon always chased him, always mocked his efforts to rid himself of it...

He began coughing - just being around the beast seemed to make it hard to breathe. He ran out of the room, away from that foul air.

Heddvild looked down at Shakur's new glowing weapon. "What is that?" she asked, confused.

Shakur held it up proudly. "This, my dear, is my spirit duster."

"So you got the dust in the bedroom?"

"Yes, but we must find a new place to live!" Shakur said, traces of fear apparent in his voice. "I don't want to be killed by it."

"Alright." Heddvild conceded. "But only because of your allergies."

----
enjoy.

Sorry for the repost, but I forgot about the contest and couldn't edit the topic description in the old one...

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DreadFatherSithis
post Oct 27 2009, 01:20 AM
Post #2

Retainer

this was a really good read. great job!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:19 PM