Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miss Vicious Delicious, Her saga and story...
Lopov
post Jun 28 2022, 07:58 PM
Post #201

Master
Group Icon

Well, now we know that MVD isn't into BDSM. laugh.gif I could totally imagine Dukov's European/Slavic accent as I read your story. laugh.gif

What an interesting person - Aspiration. Much more deep personality-wise than other people in the former Reston Hotel. Like others, I wonder, how she knows MVD's real name, I'm assuming we'll hear more of her. I thought at first that Bratty might have told her but I don't recall MVD revealing her true name to Bratty. mellow.gif

In any case, Taneesha and Bratty are reunited at last!

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 4 2022, 02:41 PM
Post #202

Councilor
Group Icon

4th of July today. cake.gif Gonna go to my sister's house (I think) later on today. But for now, maybe we can catch up on the next Vicious chapter.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 27 2022, 03:28 PM) *

Finally a break, after talking to Aspiration. The use of Taneesha’s real name jumped out at me also

As usual, some plot has been in my head for over a year, other moments just show up as we're writing. For instance, the whole "Bratty goes to Dukov's" idea has been in my head since last summer. But Aspiration is new. So for last week's chapter there was this mad scramble on my part. Who is she? Why is she a bit more lucid than everyone else? And so on.

We shall find out, that's for sure.

That creates quite an image as they make their escape - the dingbat Brat in a pink negligee with a sawed off shotgun

laugh.gif I got a picture of her dressed in pink, too. Although she's got a better gun by then.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 28 2022, 01:51 AM) *

I love all your hooker names. They are so on the nose.

It is starting to sound like Aspiration is sort of a business manager, and Dukov's is an actual brothel, rather than just one perpetually wasted guy and his 'girlfriends'. That is a more interesting way to portray it. In any case, it looks like Asp is the one who actually keeps the place running.

It could be that Aspiration is really keeping the place together, you're right.

When I was younger (pre-child) I used to go out a lot more. I had several dancer friends. One was a blonde named Whisper. wub.gif We went and saw Amistad when it was in theaters. smile.gif Goes to show, not all strippers / dancers follow the stereotypes, some are deeper thinkers who want to watch period pieces.

I had another dancer friend who made zines which were all about women's rights and tips for dancers and stuff. I mean, she was really passionate about her homemade periodicals. I worked graveyard at a printing place; she'd be there at least a couple times a month putting her zines together.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jun 28 2022, 02:58 PM) *

Well, now we know that MVD isn't into BDSM. laugh.gif I could totally imagine Dukov's European/Slavic accent as I read your story. laugh.gif

laugh.gif Yeah.. pretty sure my vicious raider is not into whips and chains!

Did I nail Dukov's accent and way of speaking (broken English)? Cool. Very cool. You may notice some of his quips are Bethesda (which means the English is more perfect), and some I added. I tried to use what I've seen in movies and occasionally real-life, pertaining to how people in your part of the world might speak like.

In any case, Taneesha and Bratty are reunited at last!

Hug_emoticon.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 4 2022, 05:44 PM
Post #203

Councilor
Group Icon

Chapter 38: Prowling Lucas Simms' House

Date: Thursday, September 13 through Friday, September 14

It took a day to walk north back to Springvale School, and another day to get situated. Vicious and Q Tip did not become boyfriend and girlfriend; she having no idea how to pursue the matter, and he being too apprehensive she might just decide to zap him. As they spent more time together, it was obvious Q already had a girlfriend anyway. Maybe more than one! A couple raider chicks swarmed toward him as he re-entered the school late Thursday, wondering where he'd been. He was a good-looking guy after all.

So Vicious was free to spend all of Friday with the brat, doting on her, getting her back to better health. They slept-in late in Vicious's special classroom, spent the afternoon looking at old magazines and comic books under the cool of the school's rickety air-conditioner, and by early evening they went outside to play sidewalk chalk. Bratty would be okay, Vicious decided. Bratty was tough.

Still, Vicious began to wonder. Was there some way she could bring her friend into Megaton, specifically so Doc Church could cure the Brat of her addiction? Would Bratty cooperate with this, and not be -- well -- not be such a brat while in proper society? ... Because Aspiration was right. Bratty had gotten hooked on pain-killers while she was staying at Dukov's.

To some extent, Miss Vicious could allay her friend's cravings, since she already possessed her fair share of chems. The school also had its very own dealer of pharmaceuticals, uppers, downers, you name it.

"But wouldn't it be nice to get totally clean?" Vicious asked her friend, as they both drew crazy artwork on the walkway in front of the school.

Bratty was confused about this, of course. Why did they need to go to Megaton for a shower, if the school had its own functional water supply?

One last thing. After seeing how Dukov's Place was done up, Miss Vicious felt inspired. Time for a home makeover. Her next project (outside of raider missions) was to brighten her room a bit. Make it more colorful. She wondered if Craterside Supply had any Christmas lights, especially. If so, she would buy some, and transform her place to something special.

Speaking of raider missions, it wasn't long until Slick Rick learned Vicious had returned. He then began to pester her about finding at least five more bearer bonds.

"You know, you know, like, we gots. Like, the the Dogmaster, he ain't gonna just sit by while you play around with chalk... We gots to get this done!"

Ach, those stupid bonds. What did Dogmaster want them for? Couldn't he see that the premise those documents had been based upon was now two centuries in the past? How annoying! As government-based documents, the bonds were now useless, especially since there was no government.

But to some extent, Vicious had to follow Rick's order. Her supply of caps was starting to dwindle.

--------------------

Saturday, September 15, 2277, just after midnight

Current Temperature: 73.0 °F

Next target for prowling would be the home of Lucas Simms. Vicious decided this as she walked to the abandoned bus where she kept some apparel. She entered the bus as Vicious, opened up her hidden suitcase. Changed out of her raider gear, and into some drab Wastelander clothes. She left the bus as Taneesha Jones.

The night was blessedly cool as she walked into Megaton without incident. Ironically, Lucas himself was right there... moseying about the fortified town's entryway like a sentry.

"You lookin' for the mayor? Or the sheriff?" he asked.

"Hello there," Taneesha said.

She walked right by the man, as if she wasn't planning on doing anything nefarious for the evening, such as breaking into Lucas's domicile, attempting to further her career as a lone robber.

But first, she went to the home of Lucy West, just to see if she'd left anything useful behind. Lucy was asleep on her bed. Taneesha walked past her housemate quietly. Checked her own locker. Found a pack of smokes, a leftover box of Junk Food, and a tin of Mentats. She took all these things, and walked back outside. Lucas was still pacing the avenues of Megaton, which was good.

If Simms was not home, this would make her prowl go easier.

She climbed the hill, elbowed over to his house, and hunkered down. Grabbed a pin from her hair, and a pocket screwdriver from her pouch. Then she went to work. Problem though, this lock was trickier than any she'd seen before. She tried and tried, but could not figure how to even start picking it.

But then, the Mentats! Mentats, a chem brewed long ago by a corporation called Med-Tek Laboratories, were originally used to enhance creativity, and increase mental brilliance. Did they actually work though?

"Only one way to find out."

Taneesha popped a handful. And *bam*, she suddenly knew what to do. The lock was a Schaffer mechanism which used a silicone-derived barrel, with three stainless steel tumblers. Somehow, she now knew all of this, but in an intuitive way.

She realized the radio in her Pip Girl® device was still playing softly, so she turned it off. Began to concentrate. Inserted her tools into Lucas Simms's front door. Rotated her pin to roughly 9 o'clock, but there was too much tension in the lock's barrel. She tried 2 o'clock, again, too much tension. Rotated to about 10:30.

"Arrgh!"

No dice. Still too much. Her pin was starting to lose its rigidity. She tried rotating it to 1 o'clock, and the damn thing broke.

"Dammit!"

Fortunately, Taneesha had three more pins in her hair, and eight in her pouch. She took a quick look around to see if Lucas was coming, but the town's Sheriff/Mayor was nowhere near. So she inserted a second pin. On a whim, she barely moved it to the right this time, so that she was choosing roughly 12:30. And *click!* the lock opened.

Jeepers! She was in!

IPB Image

The home of Lucas Simms was very well lit, even at this time of night. Taneesha checked her device, which indicated the time was just after 4. When would Simms come back home? She'd need to be quick about this.

The home's front room yielded nothing, other than a couple of squirrel-ke-bobs on sticks which had gone cold. She realized she was hungry, famished in fact! ... It'd been a while since she'd eaten. So she grabbed these, and took a few bites right then and there. She also grabbed a can Nuka Cola and a mutfruit from the fridge. She devoured the mutfruit as she prowled.

Upstairs, she did a quick look around. There were two rooms with closed doors, which she guessed would be bedrooms. She tried the one on the left. Nobody in there. Taneesha realized she was sweating lightly under her brahmin-skin outfit, but otherwise her nerves were calm. She was getting better at this.

But then, she froze. Was that the sound of a couple of footsteps in the foyer below? She froze, and waited a few seconds. Nope. Nobody down there. Taneesha listened hard just to make sure. Nothing. She went to the next room.

"Don't Lucas have a son?" she whispered without meaning to.

The next room was also a bedroom, and Taneesha was extra careful not to make a sound as she opened its door. But phew! Nobody in here, either. The place had a bit more clutter: a hunting rifle was on a shelf, along with an old skull, some utensils, and a bunch of old and ruined books.

"Now why do people keep these old books around?" she asked, irritated. Indeed, Taneesha. Why not throw them away?

Still, the prowler had to check each book, one by one, just to be sure. The bearer bonds she'd found so far (five in total) all looked like a bunch of old books. Only by looking past their covers could she discern if they were bearer bonds. She had to open each new one she found, checking to see if there were a bunch of legal terms on their front pages. By now, she knew how to read these well enough to know if she'd gotten her hands on a bond or not.

No bonds, only old, ruined books. Taneesha left the second bedroom, dejected.

It was right when she was about to give up, the time in her device reading 5:18, that she found the sixth bond. It was lying not in one of the bedrooms, but out in the place's second floor, near the top of the shelf.

"Got ya!"

Taneesha Jones grabbed it, grinning like a wolf. Time to head over to Moriarty's for a drink. She left Lucas's home confidently, not bothering to sneak her way out.

------------------------------------

Sleeping Bratty II (I meant to post this last week)

Gang of Three

Tasing a super mutant

BLTH!!!

Bratty forgets how to hold a gun laugh.gif

Back to School

Taneesha, back in Lucy's house

Prowling Lucas's home

Bearer Bond #6

👍

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 4 2022, 05:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 4 2022, 08:25 PM
Post #204

Paladin
Group Icon

A little bit of recovery time back at the school as VD tries to rehab the Brat. Hope that works out.

More of those pesky bonds to find! At least her skulking around for them is getting better. Neat discovery she made on those Mentats! And she’s getting confident enough to even eat while she robs. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 5 2022, 04:34 AM
Post #205

Ancient
Group Icon

It appears that the Tip has game. That probably comes as a relief to Miss V. Now she does not have to figure out that boyfriend/girlfriend mystery.

Miss V sure spends a lot of time with Bratty. It makes me wonder if the boyfriend/girlfriend mystery is such an enigma because she would rather have a girlfriend/girlfriend relationship? Or is it that for some reason apart from all the other raiders, Miss V feels responsible for the Brat?

In any case, I suspect that the Brat - being well-named - would indeed live up to her namesake in Megaton.

At least Miss V can grasp that 200 year old bearer bonds are essentially worthless in the Wasteland. But as long as someone places value on a thing, then that thing as value. At least to them.

Miss V is going to break into the Sheriff's house. Is she going to steal the Strength bobblehead? I never liked that you had to do that, so I moved it somewhere else that I did not have to steal it to get it.

Tanesha scores! One more bond for the boss.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 10 2022, 09:10 PM
Post #206

Master
Group Icon

Vicious and Q Tip did not become boyfriend and girlfriend; she having no idea how to pursue the matter, and he being too apprehensive she might just decide to zap him.

They sound like two confused teens. laugh.gif

Well, it's good that Simms Jr. wasn't at home, AFAIK he can be found in his own home fairly often.

Good that she didn't give up and so found the 6th bond. Did she snatch the STR Bobblehead as well?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 11 2022, 07:57 PM
Post #207

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 4 2022, 03:25 PM) *

More of those pesky bonds to find! At least her skulking around for them is getting better. Neat discovery she made on those Mentats! And she’s getting confident enough to even eat while she robs. tongue.gif

Finding the bearer bonds is fun. Again, Lopov hid all those bonds for me last summer. I emailed Miss Vicious.esp to him so he could actually hide them. ph34r.gif So it truly is a blind effort on my (and Taneesha's) part.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 4 2022, 11:34 PM) *

It appears that the Tip has game. That probably comes as a relief to Miss V. Now she does not have to figure out that boyfriend/girlfriend mystery.

To be honest I had some ideas for a love relationship between them but I think it would be too distracting for the story by now. bigsmile.gif "Love story between two confused teens" has been done so many times, and I don't think I'd be able to do it well. Also, some of the other ideas I've got for this season are more unique. smile.gif You'll see.

Miss V sure spends a lot of time with Bratty. It makes me wonder if the boyfriend/girlfriend mystery is such an enigma because she would rather have a girlfriend/girlfriend relationship? Or is it that for some reason apart from all the other raiders, Miss V feels responsible for the Brat?

Ah yes, there is something with Bratty. Let's give it time, though.

I think I'll be better off with stuff which is implied, like how it was between Xena and Gabrielle for all those seasons. wink.gif If I gain confidence in this area, that'll then change. I'm not as good at lovey stuff as you are, I guess.

Miss V is going to break into the Sheriff's house. Is she going to steal the Strength bobblehead? I never liked that you had to do that, so I moved it somewhere else that I did not have to steal it to get it

Yes we did see the Bobblehead but she didn't pick it up. Simms has a pair of mod-added binoculars in his bedroom though (added into his home by the mod author, not me), and Taneesha did grab those. 🕶 That'll be sweet to be able to use those for surveillance in a future quest.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 10 2022, 04:10 PM) *

They sound like two confused teens. laugh.gif

Good that she didn't give up and so found the 6th bond. Did she snatch the STR Bobblehead as well?

Yes. Two confused teens, exactly. wacko.gifmellow.gif As stated above though, I'm sort of side-stepping that side-plot so I can get to better stuff. I don't want to bore my audience, after all.

Lol you folks know all about the Bobblehead!

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 11 2022, 08:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 11 2022, 08:41 PM
Post #208

Councilor
Group Icon

I do have the next chapter written but it's already Monday, and I'm already back at work for the week. sad.gif So this week's chapter will be up next weekend.

A few weeks ago, I asked our very own Lopov to get into Rattler's head. I wanted to hear the snake's perspective on what he saw as he skulked around Dukov's (since he was there), but especially the bandits who live south of Dukov's. Did he approach these bandits at all? Or did he avoid them, because at that point, he was not a Slaver yet, which means bandits did not like him at that point?

Anyway, now that I read the text below, it makes me feel good that Vicious, Q Tip, and Bratty didn't stick around Dukov's for long. indifferent.gif As Stone Phillips would say: The words you about to read, are explicit. Parental consent is advised!

-----------------------------

Blood droplets were covering Rattler's dirty face but the blood didn't belong to him. It was what remained of Fantasia, one of now dead hookers, that used to work at Dukov's. "Blown to pieces," the dirty raider muttered to himself. He thought of wiping the blood from his face, then changed his mind.

Maybe he should have paid a visit to those raiders south of here, face all bloodied, yeah. They didn't see him as he snuck through their camp when they were asleep. He was observing them, their breathing, their restless stirring. They had no idea that he was there - he could have jumped on them like a deathclaw, cut them to pieces.

Instead, he moved on and left them alive. "Why?" he asked himself, but he already knew the answer.

He smiled and lit a cigarette, noticing that his fingernails were smeared with blood as well. Because once his business in Rivet City is over, he'll be heading the same way back. It'd be boring if there were nobody alive on his way back...so by letting them alive he ensured that he'll have some fun as he returns.

Their days were counted.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 11 2022, 10:02 PM
Post #209

Paladin
Group Icon

Ahah. So Rattler doesn't want to overhunt his terf. Practicing wise game management. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 12 2022, 12:15 AM
Post #210

Ancient
Group Icon

The Rattler is not a binge eater. He likes to spread it out and enjoy his meals.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 12 2022, 08:26 PM
Post #211

Master
Group Icon

It's good that they haven't met, maybe then you wouldn't be able to conclude Taneesha's story in the preferred way. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jul 12 2022, 08:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 20 2022, 09:15 PM
Post #212

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry Lopov, I meant to add the Rattler text to one of the Dukov chapters, but there was a lot going on in those chapters, and it slipped my mind. Hope you're okay with the standalone text instead. smile.gif

-----------------------------

Chapter 40: A Day with Lucy

Date: Saturday, September 15, 2277, 1:20 PM

IPB Image

"You're back Taneesha. Oh my gosh!"

"Hey there, Lucy. How have things been for you? Any word from your brother?"

Lucy took a sip from her drink and looked to the floor. "Yes, I do have word."

Lucy West looked sad. She sat there a few moments. Finally shook her head, before continuing. "Cho Zen Wan, you know, that guy they're calling 'Lone Wanderer' in the news? He did get back to me about Ian."

"And? ... Is he okay?"

"Taneesha, Ian did continue to live in Arefu just like he said he would, but from there the story gets... really weird. In fact, Ian is no longer with us."

"No. Oh, I'm so sorry, Lucy. That's just really--"

Taneesha left her sentence unfinished, unsure how to continue, unsure what else to say.

Death in the Capital Wasteland. It happened all the time, sometimes for the most trivial of reasons. She'd seen plenty of it herself, these past couple years. Seen people blow each others' heads off, all for a stale pack of smokes. It could come at any moment: as people needed to travel from one point to the next, as villages became vulnerable to raids, as water and other resources dwindled across the land. America in pre-war times had been much different. People could come and go as they pleased. Everyone had their share. Money was plentiful, health was as popular as daisies. A trip to Super Duper Mart was made merely for groceries, not to obtain chems, ammo, or bombs. Americans could move about and vote and spend their cash on frivolous things. They could buy houses. They could hold down boring desk jobs. Only if you were in an actual gang, or in exactly the wrong place at the wrong time, did things sometimes go south. -- And the chances of that happening? -- Pretty darn slim, in comparison to now.

She took a sip of her drink. Outside, the weather was typical American east coast summer-winding-down-into-fall. What they used to call the dog days of summer, whatever that meant. Hot weather, but not as hot as it had been in July and August. It was good to be inside.

"And I just can't believe it," Lucy continued. "I mean, my brother did have a few mental problems, especially after hitting his head on a rock a while back. But this new thing he was into. It's just way beyond."

"What new thing? It's okay. You can tell me, if you want to."

"Sure. Well apparently, Ian joined some kind of ... blood cult, or something. Cho found him in one of those underground Metro stations, you know, where the trains used to run. Said my brother was now claiming to be a..."

"What?" Taneesha asked, blinking.

"He was claiming to be a vampire. Part of a family of vampires, actually. Like, some guy met my brother after Arefu got attacked. Took him in. Took him into an underworld of others who think they are also vampires. It makes no sense, Taneesha!" Lucy West sighed. Sat motionless for a few moments. A single tear fell from her left eye.

"Dag! A vampire? Like in those old comic books and movies and junk? Well, I -- I don't get it. Are you saying he goes around -- I mean went around, drinking necks and all that?"

"Hey Taneesha, can we talk about this later?" Lucy asked, slapping her left hand quietly but firmly on the table. "You know, not here in the bar?"

"Yeah, sure. That's fine, Lucy. But my god. So sorry to hear."

"It's just that. Well, Megaton is a small place. You know how it is when rumors start..."

The two housemates sat for a while, nursing their drinks as Three Dog rambled on the radio. Taneesha's own Pip Girl® device was softly playing music. A tune from the old days, by a long-ago artist. She realized this, and abruptly turned the music off.

"So, did I hear right?" Lucy blurted. "Did you really stand up to Jericho last week at The Brass Lantern?"

Taneesha blushed. "Oh yeah. I forgot about that." So much had happened with her friend Bratty and all, she actually had forgotten. "But I mean, the guy's always pushin' people around. Always being mean. Ain't gotta be like that, you know?"

"Nice! Wow. So what happened?"

"Not much. I talked some *skit* to the guy, excuse my language. Got in his face, is all. Didn't really mean nothing. But the man, he needed to be told. You know? ... Maybe kinda stupid that a girl had to finally do it. But hey."

She sipped her drink, which was sugary-sweet and bitter at the same time, what they used to call 'hooch'. Some odd mixture of alcohol; Gob getting rather creative today.

Lucy applauded, clapping her hands slowly. "Damn straight you told him! Somebody needed to stand up to that creep. Nobody else has done it so far!"

"Exactly. Nobody stands up to the guy. All because he's a former .. uh, a former raider." Taneesha said, suddenly looking into her drink.

Lucy raised her glass. "Well, here's a toast. To standing up to the creeps."

"A toast," Taneesha echoed, clinking her drink with Lucy's. She smiled nervously.

Again, the housemates fell into silence. Nova, Moriarty's resident lady-of-the-evening, was smoking a cigarette over by the counter. The lazy haze of her Lucky hung in the air. Three Dog was blabbing about the Lone Wanderer. Something about somebody farting in Vault 101, when all the sudden..

"Dammit, that *bunghole*!" a man suddenly yelled. Taneesha looked into the next room, where the guy was mussing up his hair in frustration. An Asian guy, wearing prewar military-looking armor. He was walking toward them. "So sick of Three Dog," he said. "You know, half the time that douchebag gets it wrong when he blabs on and on about what I'm up to out there!" he complained aloud. "I'm only trying to make things right, dammit. Somebody has to! ... Maybe I should go speak to that stupid disc jockey myself."

"Hey Cho, this is Taneesha Jones, my new housemate."

"Hey, nice to meet you." Cho Zen Wan's previous ire melted, as he did a small bow before Taneesha. He flashed a quick smile.

"Sure. You too."

"Sorry for my rants. It's just, that guy just gets to me sometimes."

"Ha. Must be nice having one of the Wasteland's on-air personalities reporting everything you say," Lucy quipped.

The Lone Wanderer chuckled. "Hey, can I get you two anything?"

"Sure, I'll have a beer," Lucy said.

"I'm good," Taneesha answered. She stared ahead stonily, not wanting to hold the man's gaze too long, the man rumored to be going around killing raider camps.

Cho walked to the bar. As he did so, Lucy looked curiously at her tablemate. "So. How's it going with you?" she asked, a certain look on her face.

"Going good!"

"Say, I notice you've been away from Megaton sometimes," Lucy said, concern in her voice. "You'll go missing for many hours, then sometimes you'll be gone a few days! ... Not that it's any of my business, but the other day I looked all around town for you. Honestly, I was kinda worried. Everything okay? You aren't in any more trouble, are you?"

"Yeah. Well sometimes I just need to get out of Megaton, I guess," Taneesha blanched, lighting a cig. "I go for walks out of town. There's an abandoned bus just near Sara Silver's place. Sometimes I stay in there."

"Taneesha, no!"

"I know, I know. It's not safe out there. I don't know why I do it. Guess it's the old hobo demon in me. Wandering around. Getting restless..."

"You don't have to stay out there at all, my dear! Not at all, okay? Especially at night. I want you to continue staying with me, okay? Please?"

"Sure. I'm sorry. I'll try to suppress that urge." Miss Jones slurped her hooch, which was almost gone. She was feeling swimmy by now, because of Gob's odd mixed-drink concoction.

"So if you don't mind, as you are staying with me, and like I said, you are perfectly welcome to do, I'm also going to need to start taking some caps from you, okay?"

"Caps?" Taneesha smiled. "Sure. How much caps are we talking about?"

"Not much. Maybe twenty caps a week, somewhere around there. You know, it's what they used to call 'rent' in the history books."

"Sure, that's fine. Not a problem."

"With Ian truly gone, I'm going to need some help with upkeep. So thanks. I appreciate it, friend."

"No problemo, señorita," Taneesha said, continuing to smile. "Be glad to help out. Hey, maybe we can even get a dog!" Acceptance. It's always nice to be accepted.

Lucy finished her drink, which was some sort of wine. More expensive than the three-cap hooch Taneesha had downed. "Now, can I buy the next round?"

"Absolutely you can, roommate," Taneesha said, eyeing Cho the Lone Wanderer as he left the bar.

"And ooh! Is that a toy gun you've got there?!"

Taneesha Jones nodded. "Something like a toy, I guess." A toy which could bring down a super mutant, a Talon Company agent, or any number of Wasteland creatures. She patted her 'toy'.

Lucy bought the next set of drinks. The two ladies spent another hour in Moriarty's sipping them until Taneesha had to use the restroom. Though Moriarty's had its own toilet, it was located behind a mere sheet which hung from the ceiling, and was therefore not very private. So Taneesha walked over to the Women's Room. Had a nip, washed her hands, and began walking back to Moriarty's, her step just a little unsteady due to the booze.

On the way back, she had a hunch. She had checked the Women's room for bonds days ago, but not the Men's. So she went there now. Checked to see if anybody was inside, and nobody was, so she walked in. Searched a locker, searched the restroom's stalls, searched inside one of the commodes.

And there was bearer bond number seven.

-------------------------------------

"Somebody had to stand up to that creep!"

Ian West (Fandom info)

Notes: I used the console to setstage most of the Blood Ties quest, which Cho actually in his game. This caused Lucy West to no longer sit in her usual spot inside of Moriarty's! So I had to design some new AI for her, as well all so she'd continue to visit Moriarty's instead of whatever she does otherwise, after she learns what happened to her brother. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 21 2022, 04:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 21 2022, 08:28 PM
Post #213

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice to catch up with Lucy. And probably good to help with Lucy’s costs via some rent.

Shame about Lucy’s brother.

A cameo by Cho!

Get drunk, wander into the men’s room, find a bearer bond. . . does it get any better than that? tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 21 2022, 10:18 PM
Post #214

Ancient
Group Icon

Taneesha is back from her adventures and taking a little vacation from Raider-life in Megaton.

It is a cameo by the Chosen One Cho Zen Wan. I wonder if "no longer with us" means that Ian is dead, or if he is living as a vampire? Okay, I guess he is still around, just as a vampire.

Taneesha has quite the rosy view of the Pre-War world. But it is common to idealize previous eras.

If Taneesha spends more time looking at the stars, she might notice Sirius on the horizon these days. Hence the dog days of summer (Seriously that is where the saying comes from. The star Sirius can be seen that time of the year.)

Wow, not just a report of Cho, but the real man in the flesh! And he sounds less than thrilled with 3 Dog's reporting skills.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 22 2022, 09:00 PM
Post #215

Master
Group Icon

Now that's something I didn't expect - an actual meeting between Cho and Taneesha. I got a feeling that Taneesha found him attractive. wub.gif

Now what would happen if someone entered the men's loo and found Taneesha inside? ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 23 2022, 06:12 PM
Post #216

Mouth
Group Icon

Thinking about death in the Capital Wasteland compared to Pre-War America grocery runs, etc. Sounds like Taneesha has a case of Old World Blues. If only she knew what the Pre-War world was really like.

Since I've been gone from the forums for some time, there's a lot I missed out on. Is Taneesha starting to feel guilty about her raider life, especially while hanging out with Lucy?

What was the deal about the bearer bonds again? Wasn't it Taneesha's raider boss that wanted it because he thinks it will make him stupidly rich?

You know, I always wanted to kill Jericho. F*** that guy. Frustratingly, however, if you sandman kill him, the whole town somehow knows. I even tried a console command to make him automatically hostile to me and it still didn't work without the whole town trying to hunt me down. Hmm...I wonder if that would work if I didn't sneak into his house. Probably not, though.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jul 23 2022, 06:13 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 24 2022, 05:47 PM
Post #217

Councilor
Group Icon

Cool, I'm really happy you all checked out that last one. For some reason, A Day with Lucy really struck me as I was writing it. Nothing really happens, just two housemates getting their buzz on and chatting, yet a lot happens.

Acadian: She actually will be paying rent to Lucy! I made a little quest for that. And yeah, wandering around drunk in Megaton. wacko.gif

Rosa: Seesh, I'm actually not sure what happened to Ian. Is he still alive? Did Cho wind up killing him? I don't remember. But I agree with you. "No longer with us" could also mean he's still alive as a vampire, very true. Maybe Cho doesn't want Lucy to go looking for her brother, so he told a white lie.

Ah yes, Sirius. I almost looked up what dog days means, it's been awhile.

Scoundrel: That's a good thing to wonder, if my two toons find each other attractive. cmok.gif And speaking of men in the Men's Restroom ... whistling.gif

Rader: Good to have you back. A lot has passed in the past year, but to tl;dr it for you, Miss Vicious (also known as Taneesha Jones) now has a mod-added stun gun from a Taser mod I found last year. This has become her weapon of choice. Any enemy she meets, she tases first. bigsmile.gif She's about to use her Taser now!
Her latest mission is to find 10 'bearer bonds' (Quest items added into my game by Lopov last summer) and turn these over to the raiders. And that's where the story probably picks up for you. She's about to find Bearer Bond #8.

She's not going to kill Jericho, but she will beat the crap out of him eventually...

Let's have a look at Miss Vicious's stats before the story gets posted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vicious Delicious

Level: 5
RADS: 769 (whoa...)

Addictions: Nicotine, Opiates

S: 3 (-)
P: 4 (-)
E: 2 (-)
C: 8
I: 5
A: 7 (-)
L: 6

Perks: Gun Nut, Scoundrel, Thief (2)

Quests Completed: 10
Locations Discovered: 18
People Killed: 11
Creatures Killed: 65
Locks Picked: 19
Chems Taken: 93 (holy crap..)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 24 2022, 06:55 PM
Post #218

Councilor
Group Icon

Chapter 41: Nip to the Loo

Date: Saturday, September 15, 2277, 6:53 PM

Temperature: 85 degrees F

IPB Image

"Is .. anybody here? ... Q Tip? ... Anyone?"

There it was: Bearer bond number seven, placed right into an empty bowl. Hmm. Couple things different about this one.

1). All the others had been found in easy-to-miss locations: under a mess of miscellaneous things, inside old containers, and so on. They had all been stored in some location, and then they'd been forgotten. Number six for instance, the bond found in Lucas Simms' house, had been placed on the very top shelf of a bookcase. Placed, and then forgotten. For this reason, bearer bond #7 seemed specifically arranged by someone.

"Come on now, this ain't funny!" Miss Jones had her stun pistol in her hand. Did a slow circle all the way around, looking for any peepholes which'd go from dark, to light. Because maybe somebody was spying on her...

2). Second difference, bearer bond eight had something else with it. Something square, with a dull shine to it.

She was just about to grab the damn thing when... "Cann I HELP youuu?" ... A man's voice slurred.

IPB Image

Taneesha jumped in her shoes! Spun and pointed her gun right into the man's chest!

"You know? Youuu look like a girl! ... In a green DRESS!" the man giggled. "And I don't think girls are supposed to be innn here!"

The man looked down and wavered a bit. Obviously very drunk. Finally realized the girl-in-green had a piece pointed at him. "Hey neat! Izzz that a toy gun?!"

Taneesha sighed. "Sorry, man," she said, putting her gun away. She recognized the dude before her now. Didn't know his name. But she had seen him around town before. "Didn't realize this the men's bathroom," she said, suddenly noticing the urinals on the far wall. "My bad."

She did not move, though. Just stood her ground, staring at the man. Because bearer bond number seven was still sitting there, right there behind her. Which meant her chance at getting this stupid mission done and over was also one step closer. Was it okay to just grab the damn thing and go? -- For it seemed to her the wasted man before her had not been the one to put it there.

"My name'z Andy Ztahl."

"Yeah. I seen you around town." She continued to stand and stare. "Um, so listen Andy. The Women's room is not working," she explained. "Um, do you mind?"

"Oh!" Andy hiccuped. "Youu ... want ... privacy!"

"Duh!" Taneesha made a shooing motion with her hands.

"Okay! I get it...and now I'm going..."

Andy Stahl moved away slowly, walked into the nearest wall. "Ouch!" So Taneesha turned back, and grabbed deftly at the dull-shiny square item. Put the item in her bag. Then she grabbed bearer bond #7...

IPB Image

...and was nearly bum-rushed by a strange man wearing a VERY strange suit. Like a space suit. "Ow, ow, OW! Not so fast you scantily-clad whore!" he said.

"Um. Who the hell are you?"

"YES!" space suit shouted. "That's what YOU want! Don't blanch me with your random comments! Like Stacy! Blanch, blanch, blanch! All I wanted was to snog with her in the sunset!"

Not a space suit. Taneesha realized the man was wearing a large mouse head! Like a party costume head, along with some odd construction-looking clothes. Unlike Andy Stahl, the mouse-headed man seemed not drunk. He seemed entirely lucid, ready to for some sort of confrontation. And he was wearing the head of a mouse.

"But she said NO" mouse head continued. "So I WRENCHED her head off! She was a tart like that mother of mine! What? WHAT?... Did you think I'm talking about myself?"

"Uh, I don't know," Taneesha said, exasperated. "Are you?"

And this caused the man to become unhinged. "Admit it! You're a TART as well! You live in a sink of sin! Forever intoning, INTONING!!!" he yelled. "Let me hear you mew like a sheep! Because you're a thief! Admit it!"

He began waving a wooden club before her face, causing her to grab for her gun. Same moment, she realized Andy Stahl was still here, standing by the restroom's entrance, his mouth ajaw.

"Admit it youre a thief! A THIEF!" mouse-head said. "A slap-up tart! A SLAP-UP TART! ADMIT IT!"

"Man, shut the hell up, before I zap you one," Taneesha said calmly, Taser now in hand. Still, she was nervous. Looked around, worried because the man had been shouting.

"This is SPARTA!" Mouse head shouted, swung his club again. "Don't you pretend that you don't know me! I saw you when you went to the loo, thief! Your voice is harshended - you're a TART!"

"I am not a tart!"

"You all jump on me jump on me, that's really friendly, THANKS!"

"Um, you're welcome?"

"You're like Martha, my mother!" his voice was finally lowered, as he now began speaking to her, instead of at her. -- "A disgusting slap-up tart! I killed her! I killed mother! Now I kill you too! Just like I killed ..."

IPB Image

Mouse man switched to a pistol and fired, catching Miss Jones in the side, but she was just as quick to also ZAP the guy with her stun gun! -- *BZZT!!!*-- "Arrrgh!" Mouse man fell to the side, sizzled by fifty-thousand of volts of bluish-white energy. Down he went! -- Taneesha knew she had roughly ten seconds now to get out!

"*Ferking* cheap-ass, mouse-head wearin' douchebag."

There was no way she was going to fight Mouse Man. Not with Megaton's new law enforcement officers just outside the door. No. If the man was going to attack her, he'd have to do it outside, in Megaton's plaza.

"Damn, why's you still here?"

Taneesha scooted by Andy Stahl, who was standing by a sink with his *rooster* in his hand. Andy seemed stunned. Shocked! Unable to react.

...Five seconds!...

Out the door Taneesha zoomed! She realized she'd been grazed by mouse-head's bullet, pretty badly too. Thankfully, he'd only hit flesh. Nothing really important. She ran to the side of the Men's and down the short double-ramp. Headed lower into Megaton, into the plaza.

"Dag-on-it!"

Her heart was racing! She rushed past Craterside Supply, where her heel caught a bit into the metal platform below her feet, causing her to skid. She stopped running. Turned to look back. "Come on you mouse-headed *trucker*, come at me now, bro."

Looked up at the restroom, waiting for Mousey to come after her.

"Where the hell are you?"

Mouse man seemed like he'd gotten stuck. Like maybe her electronic gun had jolted the man so bad, it'd given him a heart attack. Taneesha sighed. Realized she'd been hit quite bad! Her side was bleeding. Where was her gun?... Her other, BIG gun? ... Her Blamhammer? She couldn't remember. Was it back at Lucy's place? Or in her bus? -- She decided to head to Lucy's first. Moving briskly, she walked past several Megatonites, who seemed completely unaware at what'd just happened up the hill. The Church of Atom pastor was giving his usual 7 o'clock sermon, as Taneesha walked by. As if nothing was going on.

7:28 PM
Inside of Lucy's, Taneesha stomped her pretty green shoes up the stairs. Jerked her locker open, and YES, her Blamhammer shotgun was here, with nine extra shells. So was her trusty old lead pipe. She grabbed both. Searched around the rest of her locker, and then looked inside the file cabinet Lucy had given her, looking for a Stimpak.

"Dammit!"

No Stimpaks in the house. Good thing Lucy was not home; all she'd need would be to see her new housemate sweating and palpitating, big-ass shotgun in hands! Yeah, that would be a great site to see. Still, Taneesha readied the Blamhammer, standing at the top of the stairs, waiting to see if the strange man in the mouse costume would show up. He did not. So she looked down into her bag, and grabbed the dull/shiny square-looking thing she'd found earlier. Realized she was looking at a holotape.

"What the--?"

She put her gun down, and grabbed the tape. Plugged it into her Pip Girl® device. Scrolled to the appropriate screen where notes could be read.

ENTRY 3

ow i hide this bearer bond here
nobody finds it in there loo
for the book club nr 2
i must bring stacy here
i know she has one of those
bonds, the little b

once shegets in, i attack with a whirl of fists
unleas shell snog with me

---------------------

ENTRY 4

bam gasp rawr
ding dong the bitch is dead
now i got too bonds
i leave one bond here as a trap

anyone triest o steal from me i I SAVAGE THEM! ! !
aggro aggro lot of aggro
errol would be proud

p.s.
i hear there building up the JAIL there -
but i dont worry
its a IF and thats a big IF that jail will work atall

Taneesha Jones slumped down at the top of the stairs, thinking she'd just run into some reject from the loony bin. "Seriously?"

Time to get this figured. Whatever was happening, whoever she'd just been attacked by, she would not just hide and wait. She would not be intimidated. Either the crazy man with the rodent hat would come looking after her (hopefully getting caught Lucas Simms or his new patrols), or option two, she would go find him first.

Taneesha Jones chose option two.

-------------------------------------------

Megaton at Sunset -- (my gal's standing on the left)

Taneesha Jones's Pip Girl 2500® handheld device

Attacked by Mouse Man!

*BZZT!!!*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 25 2022, 08:28 PM
Post #219

Paladin
Group Icon

How bizarre! blink.gif Adventures in the men's room.

Very quick-thinking of Taneesha to shoo away man #1 claiming the women's room was not working.

She was also right to be suspicious of 'bond 7' because of where and how she found it.

Attacked by a crazed space mouse! Her stun gun really helped. . . at least delay the problem.

Darn, no stimpacks back home in her stash.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 26 2022, 01:27 PM
Post #220

Master
Group Icon

What a maniac in the restroom! ohmy.gif

It looks like that the final confrontation has only been postponed.

--------------------
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:55 PM