Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How many mods are you using?, Well?
Thomas Kaira
post Jan 26 2011, 06:17 AM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

Read it and be amazed: panic.gif

And let's not even start on the ESP-less mods (texture replacers, and whatnot).

wacko.gif

(Load order is hidden via spoiler tags to keep the post length down)

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Jan 26 2011, 06:18 AM

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 29 2011, 06:51 AM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jan 26 2011, 12:17 AM) *

wacko.gif

So ... er ... now I know who to ask regarding how to work Wrye Bash & Boss to get the most out of my mods with the least conflict! GAAAAH!

I only have a dozen mods activated and they conflict constantly - my game crashed 3 days ago and I spent days rebuilding it so it will run again. It is running, but right now with only about 3 mods. I am almost afraid to add anything I really want for fear of losing the game again.

These all ran great together till I added just one more thing - the straw that broke the camel's back:

1. Ring of Console - necessary to access console with my POS HP PC and Windows Vista.
2. Kawa Khajiit - absolutely essential to me, I don't want to go back to vanilla Khajiit
3. KT Custom Race Fix - Utility
4. "Stepford Husbands" - my mod, rarely conflicts with anything
5. Shiny Emotions - see below
6. Personality Idles - just because I like the more realistic actions and emotions displayed
7. Actors in Charge - posing for screenies
8. Basic Instincts - a bit of fun on the run
9. All available DLC except Battlehorn Castle (which I would like) and SI.
10. Female Eye Candy Body Replacer - so she looks good undressed, (instead of like a male who changed his mind halfway through surgery to become female and had a very bad plastic surgeon).
11. Roberts male body - nude (because I don't like seeing a man in a diaper)

Here is the mod that crashed my game the other day and caused me a ton of grief:

12. PCSound - Annah

Really ticks me off that SOMEONE (not mentioning any names, Thomas Kaira) - can have a list of mods they have to HIDE WITH A SPOILER so as not to extend post length, and their game runs fine! ... grrrr!

So last night I DL'd Wrye Bash/Python and Boss to try and sort out the mess and load orders so what few mods I want to enjoy will quit conflicting.

Ok, so I DL'd WRYE BASH last night, and spent all night staring at ... huh? Do what? Say WHAT? GAAAAAAH !!!! WTF do I do with that thing? Where is McGiver when you need him? GAAAAAH !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Jan 29 2011, 07:07 AM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

Sounds like someone could use a newbie's guide!

Fully illustrated Wrye Bash for Dummies. You were not alone, when I first got it I was utterly lost in all the features it had, and I didn't even have the newbies guide because it wasn't written yet! I had to self-teach myself everything about the tool, good thing I'm a quick study! I will say this, though, it gets A LOT easier as you learn, trust me. Now, I swear by it, and am using almost everything it has to offer.

By the way, I'm also using a whole slew of advanced tricks to keep my game up and running at a decent performance. Maintaining a 100+ mod load order is not easy, but to me is half the fun of playing this game. Bash is only half of my wizardry. tongue.gif

For this reason, you often see me hanging around the Oblivion Mods forum down on BGS. It's the best place to go for the most up-to-date info on modding Oblivion.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 29 2011, 07:24 AM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jan 29 2011, 01:07 AM) *

Sounds like someone could use a newbie's guide!

Fully illustrated Wrye Bash for Dummies. You were not alone, when I first got it I was utterly lost in all the features it had, and I didn't even have the newbies guide because it wasn't written yet! I had to self-teach myself everything about the tool, good thing I'm a quick study! I will say this, though, it gets A LOT easier as you learn, trust me. Now, I swear by it, and am using almost everything it has to offer.

By the way, I'm also using a whole slew of advanced tricks to keep my game up and running at a decent performance. Maintaining a 100+ mod load order is not easy, but to me is half the fun of playing this game. Bash is only half of my wizardry. tongue.gif

For this reason, you often see me hanging around the Oblivion Mods forum down on BGS. It's the best place to go for the most up-to-date info on modding Oblivion.

WOO HOO !!! Thanks Thomas Kaira !!! I DL'd all of them, not sure what any of the descriptors meant, lol. But the first screenie told me exactly why I was unable to move files into the Bashed Patch! Thank you, seriously. I did need a "Dummies" style explanation, that is for sure, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 30 2011, 05:54 AM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 29 2011, 12:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jan 26 2011, 12:17 AM) *

wacko.gif

So ... er ... now I know who to ask regarding how to work Wrye Bash & Boss to get the most out of my mods with the least conflict! GAAAAH!

I only have a dozen mods activated and they conflict constantly - my game crashed 3 days ago and I spent days rebuilding it so it will run again. It is running, but right now with only about 3 mods. I am almost afraid to add anything I really want for fear of losing the game again.

These all ran great together till I added just one more thing - the straw that broke the camel's back:

1. Ring of Console - necessary to access console with my POS HP PC and Windows Vista.
2. Kawa Khajiit - absolutely essential to me, I don't want to go back to vanilla Khajiit
3. KT Custom Race Fix - Utility
4. "Stepford Husbands" - my mod, rarely conflicts with anything
5. Shiny Emotions - see below
6. Personality Idles - just because I like the more realistic actions and emotions displayed
7. Actors in Charge - posing for screenies
8. Basic Instincts - a bit of fun on the run
9. All available DLC except Battlehorn Castle (which I would like) and SI.
10. Female Eye Candy Body Replacer - so she looks good undressed, (instead of like a male who changed his mind halfway through surgery to become female and had a very bad plastic surgeon).
11. Roberts male body - nude (because I don't like seeing a man in a diaper)

Here is the mod that crashed my game the other day and caused me a ton of grief:

12. PCSound - Annah

Really ticks me off that SOMEONE (not mentioning any names, Thomas Kaira) - can have a list of mods they have to HIDE WITH A SPOILER so as not to extend post length, and their game runs fine! ... grrrr!

So last night I DL'd Wrye Bash/Python and Boss to try and sort out the mess and load orders so what few mods I want to enjoy will quit conflicting.

Ok, so I DL'd WRYE BASH last night, and spent all night staring at ... huh? Do what? Say WHAT? GAAAAAAH !!!! WTF do I do with that thing? Where is McGiver when you need him? GAAAAAH !!!

Er ... mistake made on my list. That is how it looks now. Unfortunately I forgot to include the mods I took off when it crashed. All of the mods below were running smoothly - till I added PCSound Annah :

I pulled the full list from BOSS and alphabetized it, here it is:

Oblivion.esm

actors_in_charge.esp - worked good
BasicInstinct.esp - more fun than a barrel of monkeys
cidnothump.esp - I never heard the thump in the first place, don't know what this did.
CM Partners.esm - If I'm not mistaken, this is a part of one of the Werewolf mods
CM Partners.esp

CTAddPose_v_1.esp
CTAddPose_v_1_1.esp
CTAddPose_glock3.esp- some poses worked, others didn't - may not have had all three of these checked, not sure. All three were on OBMM.

CurseOfHircine.esp - AWESOME!
DAWerewolf.esp - Can't remember what this one added
DesuChan's Kawa-Khajiits.esp - best Khajiit mod EVER !!
Druid.esp - Okay, cool - had a glitch where it gave you every power without earning it first, eh.
DSPirateIsleBeta.esp - a ball !!
FenrirTheWolf.esp - fine, but invisible for some reason.
KT_CustomRaceFix.esp
LithiansVampEyes.esp - Awesome mod - never made it to vampire long enough to check cool powers
Lycanthropy V. 2.esp - OK
MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp - I DL'd V 5, but this shows 4. Huh?
personality_idles3b.esp - Awesome
Prometheu'sPiratesHideout.esp - lots of fun
Ring of console.esp - Needed
Not sure why BOSS isn't showing them, but I had a couple ... er ... X mods. Where'd they go?
shinyEmotions.esp - Love this one
StandingJOJO.esp - Great
Stepford Husbands Love Nest.esp - my mod
StokerWolff.esp - worked, but ... eh, yuch.
VampireCompanions.esp - great, but missing mesh on Vicente in certain rooms
Werewolf-Legends.esp - Second best mod EVER !!! (one complaint, it changed Oblivion music).
Wolf Diversity.esp - Awesome !!

DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
Knights.esp

And all worked well together till I added :

PCSoundAnnah.esp

That one was either the last straw that broke the camel's back or the rotton apple that spoiled the whole bushel (etc, etc, etc.)

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 30 2011, 05:58 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Jan 30 2011, 06:31 AM
Post #26

Mouth
Group Icon

It's actually much better to post mods in the order they are being loaded into the game. Bash can do this for you, just right-click the top bar in the mods tab and select "list mods." Bash will then display a small window containing your load order and automatically copy the contents, so you can just paste them into the forum. wink.gif (Take the code tags off, though, I'm not sure this board supports them. smile.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 31 2011, 05:09 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jan 30 2011, 12:31 AM) *

It's actually much better to post mods in the order they are being loaded into the game. Bash can do this for you, just right-click the top bar in the mods tab and select "list mods." Bash will then display a small window containing your load order and automatically copy the contents, so you can just paste them into the forum. wink.gif (Take the code tags off, though, I'm not sure this board supports them. smile.gif )

I downloaded TESV Edit yesterday, I'm going to try removing all the mods and archiving them - then using that mod (or a list if I can find it) to clean up the Oblivion and Data folders - see if I can get my game running well again. Also, I DL'd a new driver for my NVidia and they did not have my card on their list - gave me a different one. Ever since I got the new graphics driver my PC has been crashing daily. I have to try and bring it back to the old driver if possible. GAAAAH !!! Doesn't my PC know I am PC illiterate? GAAAAAH !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Jan 31 2011, 06:34 AM
Post #28

Mouth
Group Icon

TESIVEdit is not for cleaning up the Oblivion and Data folders, it's for low-level editing and cleaning individual plugins (.ESPs). First glance will likely net you the same response as a first-timer in Wrye Bash, "WTF am I supposed to do with this thing?!"

Here's another guide that should help you out with getting your mods cleaned up using TESIVEdit.

(Psst, I'm a contributor on that guide ph34r.gif. I helped with the "to be cleaned" compilation)

In other news, I decided today that I would extend my Visible When Distant graphics to include the Forts and Cities (minus the Imperial City). This, coupled with the Ayleid Ruins and High-res bridges and castles means pretty much every large structure in the game is now visible when distant for me. Bit of performance hit, but nothing too serious. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Jan 31 2011, 06:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 31 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jan 31 2011, 12:34 AM) *

TESIVEdit is not for cleaning up the Oblivion and Data folders, it's for low-level editing and cleaning individual plugins (.ESPs). First glance will likely net you the same response as a first-timer in Wrye Bash, "WTF am I supposed to do with this thing?!"

Here's another guide that should help you out with getting your mods cleaned up using TESIVEdit.

(Psst, I'm a contributor on that guide ph34r.gif. I helped with the "to be cleaned" compilation)

In other news, I decided today that I would extend my Visible When Distant graphics to include the Forts and Cities (minus the Imperial City). This, coupled with the Ayleid Ruins and High-res bridges and castles means pretty much every large structure in the game is now visible when distant for me. Bit of performance hit, but nothing too serious. smile.gif

I marked it as a favorite so I can refer to it continuously while I destroy what is left of my game trying to fix it. I scanned the page till I got to the part that describes how to actually use the TES4 Edit. (I knew I was at the right place when my brain numbed up and I suddenly could not understand a word it was saying - but it was an improvement over the "Read me" that came with the mod, lol. This part at the end had me rolling:

You actually read all of this? +5 to OCD for you.

But seriously, none of this would be possible without ElminsterEU, who has put an enormous chunk of his personal spare time into the making of this wonderful program. All kudos should go to him. And if you are in position of doing so, don't forget to endorse the file at TESNexus.

Just so you know, I, Brumbek, wrote most of this guide, so any errors are mine most likely. You may contact me on the bethsoft forums if you have any input or other comments.

I also want to think all the other contributors to this, specifically Vorians, Arthmoor, dev_akm, and many others. I also want to thank all the little people I stepped on in order to become Master of the Universe.

PS: You must have a whopping system to handle the graphics for that kind of detail/distance!! Feel free to brag about your system to me, I love to drool over other people's great set-ups!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jan 31 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 31 2011, 11:17 AM) *
PS: You must have a whopping system to handle the graphics for that kind of detail/distance!! Feel free to brag about your system to me, I love to drool over other people's great set-ups!!

I'd like to know too tongue.gif

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Jan 31 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

Fine, you win... I'll post my rig here...

Motherboard: MSI P6N Diamond PCI-E
Firmware: nVidia nForce 680i
Memory: 3GB DDR2 RAM @800MHz
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 gHz
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800GT
>512MB GDDR3 VRAM @900MHz
>Shader Model 3.0
Audio: Creative SB X-FI Titanium
>Turtle Beach EarForce X41 Digital Surround headset

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 31 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jan 31 2011, 05:18 PM) *

Fine, you win... I'll post my rig here...

Motherboard: MSI P6N Diamond PCI-E
Firmware: nVidia nForce 680i
Memory: 3GB DDR2 RAM @800MHz
>512MB GDDR3 VRAM @900MHz
>Shader Model 3.0
Audio: Creative SB X-FI Titanium
>Turtle Beach EarForce X41 Digital Surround headset

Drool ... drool ... drool ...

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 1 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jan 31 2011, 04:18 PM) *

I'm really liking the CPU
I have a Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of DDR5
My CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 dual core. It's a few years old and wasn't great when I got it.

I couldn't find your GPU on this chart: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Feb 1 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

I use this site for comparing GPUs. You'll find it there.

The 8800 GT was one of the most powerful cards (arguably THE most powerful) released in the GeForce 8 series. My system is actually equipped with two of them in SLI configuration (though I force single-GPU on Oblivion because it doesn't support SLI)

Here's their entry on the card:

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=544&card2=

There's also this table here on the Bethsoft forums listing how capable specific GPUs are at running Oblivion. You'll find mine is listed under the "Extreme" category.

Rest assured my system is perfectly capable of handling what I'm throwing at it. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Feb 1 2011, 09:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 1 2011, 09:54 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Feb 1 2011, 03:47 PM) *

The 8800 GT was one of the most powerful cards (arguably THE most powerful) released in the GeForce 8 series. My system is actually equipped with two of them in SLI configuration (though I force single-GPU on Oblivion because it doesn't support SLI)

Rest assured my system is perfectly capable of handling what I'm throwing at it. wink.gif

SLI? GAAAAaaaaaah!!! Drool ... drool ...

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 2 2011, 10:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 1 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Feb 1 2011, 02:47 PM) *

Here's their entry on the card:

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=544&card2=

There's also this table here on the Bethsoft forums listing how capable specific GPUs are at running Oblivion. You'll find mine is listed under the "Extreme" category.

ha ha ha NICE. I used to have a POS card that I found another of and put both in my comp and it ran some decent games for a while.

That compare site is pretty cool, I'm going to bookmark it.

My GPU is a monster, its so big I was concerned about airflow.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 1 2011, 10:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 2 2011, 01:34 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 1 2011, 04:55 PM) *

I bought a GTX 580 a little while ago, and it would only barely fit in the case. For a few moments I was afraid I would have to send it back! Thankfully it squeaked in though.

Even with it and 12gig of ram, Oblivion still runs choppy. FO3 runs great though, even with everything turned up to max. I have been playing Morrowind for the last week, with MGE. It is nice to be able to play a game at 32x Anti-Aliasing and 16x Aniostropic Filtering! For an ancient game, It still looks pretty good with mods of course)

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 2 2011, 04:18 AM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 1 2011, 06:34 PM) *

I bought a GTX 580 a little while ago, and it would only barely fit in the case. For a few moments I was afraid I would have to send it back! Thankfully it squeaked in though.

I really wanted that GPU but I had to settle for the more affordable 5770. It's still not a bad card, but it's not #1 like yours is right now!

I bet both cards are the same size, I can't really imagine a larger card. I have a large case and it takes up so much room in it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 2 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 1 2011, 07:34 PM) *

Even with it and 12gig of ram, Oblivion still runs choppy. FO3 runs great though, even with everything turned up to max. I have been playing Morrowind for the last week, with MGE. It is nice to be able to play a game at 32x Anti-Aliasing and 16x Aniostropic Filtering! For an ancient game, It still looks pretty good with mods of course)

Is that Teresa? ARGH!! I have a sudden desire to hear about Teresa in Morrowind !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Feb 10 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #40

Finder
Group Icon

I have a total of 31 mods installed...a drop in the bucket compared to TK (whom I must start referring to as the Mod-God salute.gif )

Since some folks were posting their rigs...

OS - Windows 7 64-bit
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3
CPU - AMD Phenom IIx4 925 Quad-Core @ 2.8 Ghz
RAM - 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3/1600 Mhz Dual Channel
GPU - ATI Radeon 5770 - 1GB RAM DDR5

--------------------
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

The Talendor Chronicles is my first fan fiction attempt.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:12 PM