5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The card killer
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 25 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

Damn! This guy is like Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees! Blow him up and he still keeps coming! Well st least he's more charming than those two monsters, lol. Sounds like despite her misgivings, Susan is reaping some rewards from "Chris's" company!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 25 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #22

Paladin
Group Icon

Given Chris' life as a serial killer, I can't help but wish that the grenade trap had fully done its job. wink.gif

But no. Some stimpaks, painkillers, a night with Susan and he'll be bad as new. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 25 2017, 05:44 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Addendum:

a fellow forumite informed me about a mistake at the beginning, instead of "lost his conscience" should be "lost his consciousness". As much as I'd like to edit my reply and correct this annoying mistake, it happens that as soon as I click on the EDIT button and try to change it, all quotation marks and other simple symbols like apostrophes get messed up and I'd need to edit my entire reply. Not sure why this happens. If anyone of mods / admins can fix this, I'd be grateful, otherwise just imagine that there's written consciousness instead of conscience. tongue.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 25 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #24

Paladin
Group Icon

I edited that bit you mentioned - looks good now! smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 25 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

Card Killer always makes me think of the chorus to This Song - "I'm a m****ing Card Killer!"

I am thinking the Card Killer lost his conscience a long time ago...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 25 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 25 2017, 11:44 AM) *

Addendum:

a fellow forumite informed me about a mistake at the beginning, instead of "lost his conscience" should be "lost his consciousness". As much as I'd like to edit my reply and correct this annoying mistake, it happens that as soon as I click on the EDIT button and try to change it, all quotation marks and other simple symbols like apostrophes get messed up and I'd need to edit my entire reply. Not sure why this happens. If anyone of mods / admins can fix this, I'd be grateful, otherwise just imagine that there's written consciousness instead of conscience. tongue.gif

No worries! Khajiit understood what you meant!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 1 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - it was kinda obvious that when he was away from the tower, Millicent got pwned, so at least someone had to notice, I think.

@TheCheshireKhajiit - so far these traps proved to be the most difficult encounter for the card killer in the Capital Wasteland.

@Acadian - thanks for editing my post. "As bad as new" - that's a phrase to remember.

@SubRosa - indeed, so maybe I didn't make a mistake after all. What a song! I'm listening to it as I'm pasting & editing the coming story.

_______

V

Violet was a well-known scavenger in the Capital Wasteland. For two things mostly– the first thing, a minor one was that she owned the yellow army radio headset. There would be nothing special about that piece of pre-war technology if yellow radio headsets weren’t extremely rare, in fact Violet was the only known owner of one such item. She found it together with her friend Sonora Cruz many years ago as they were exploring a ghoul-infested pre-war military base. Each of them wanted it but they agreed that whoever kills more ghouls, gets the headset. Since Violet won the contest, it belonged to her. They remained good friends with Sonora Cruz who was by now the leader of the regulators in the Capital Wasteland.

The second thing for which Violet was known, and a major one, was that she was the only scavenger known to tame a ferocious yao-guai. She saved a life of a baby yao-guai as it was about to drown and since then the two became inseparable. Not only was her pet whom she named Willy, a helpful guardian in dangerous wastes, he was also her best friend.

One morning in October 2277 she stopped by Four-Eyed Patrick, another scavenger who inhabited one of ruined houses west of Fort Independence.

“Hey four eyes, got some missiles for sale? Running out of ‘em,” asked Violet, petting her favorite weapon - the old missile launcher, which she found buried under some rubble pile close to Fort Constantine way up to the north.

“Sure, Violet, sure, just lemme find ‘em,” Four-Eyed Patrick promptly went to rummage for them in the only solid dresser in the ruined house which no longer served its pre-war purpose, instead it was Four Eyed Patrick’s storage of various clutter.

“I see you got some company for the night,” remarked Violet and nodded in the direction of the sleeping young man. Four-Eyed Patrick had some free beds inside (while it was in fact outside because the house no longer had a roof) and gladly allowed wastelanders to sleep on them.

“Ay, some kid from the west,” nodded Four-Eyed Patrick as he was taking missiles from the dresser. “Nice fella. He gave me a ciggie. I’d still prefer if it was a gal, though. A gal that wouldn’t mind that I’m a little bit dirty, he he he.”

“I heard you, Pat” said the young man and raised his head, making Pat blush and Violet laugh.

Cute kid, thought Violet as he was smiling at her, then she started counting Pat’s missiles.

A few minutes later Violet and Willy left Four-Eyed Patrick’s house and headed west.

“Is she a friend of yours?” asked the kid and handed Pat a cigarette who gladly accepted.

“Sure, that’s Violet. And her teddy bear Willy, the only tamed yao-guai in the entire Capital Wasteland, kid! Imagine that? She’s a legend among scavengers. You’ll often meet her on your travels if you intend to stay here in the Capital Wasteland for a while, kid.”

“I doubt it.”

“Eh? You plannin’ to leave soon?”

“No.”

“Well then I was right – you’ll meet Violet and Willy often on your travels, they are drifters, never staying in one place for long.”

“I doubt it.”

“Eh? I don’t get it.” Four-Eyed Patrick was confused.

“Don’t bother,” smiled the kid and stood up. “Here, take one more cig. Thanks for the free bed. See you, Pat.”

“See you, kid.” Four-Eyed Patrick gladly took another ciggie and questions about why the kid wouldn’t often meet Violet and Willy, were already forgotten.

But what the kid said, was true. Not he, not anyone else would ever meet Violet and Willy again, at least not alive. Instead of Willy, Violet slept with the card depicting death at her side. But not before the kid whom she found cute earlier this morning, would torture her in an abandoned trailer just a distance west of Four-Eyed Patrick’s house. And why? Because he found it exciting.
_______

In company of Four-Eyed Patrick and his mutt

Violet & Willy

Showtime!

Willy's end (the yao-guai was actually hit by one of Violet's missiles, directed at the card killer)

Disarmed

Subdued

Helpless

Dead

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 1 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

Poor Violet. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 1 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #29

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 1 2017, 12:48 PM) *
Poor Violet. sad.gif

What she said ^ sad.gif

If the card killer is outside the jurisdiction of Officer PP, can we get Persephone to track the vile fiend and eat him?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 1 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 1 2017, 04:12 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 1 2017, 12:48 PM) *
Poor Violet. sad.gif

What she said ^ sad.gif

If the card killer is outside the jurisdiction of Officer PP, can we get Persephone to track the vile fiend and eat him?

Loviatar does the eating. Persephone would just 'disarm' him. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 1 2017, 10:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 2 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #31

Paladin
Group Icon

*slaps forehead* Of course you're right! Either would doubtless do a great job. A bonus for inflicting extra pain. Hee!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 2 2017, 03:10 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

How awful! Not only did she suffer the horror of realizing she blew up her best friend and guardian, but then the terrible end she met! Khajiit is sure Violet's spirit screams for retribution! Will anyone answer the call? Until then, The Card Killer roams the wastes, looking for the next unfortunate soul.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 2 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

The part when it says "I see you got some company for the night," again I got chills.

Whoa, look at that bear fly. indifferent.gif

Cripes. Yeah, the Card Killer must be stopped.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 2 2017, 07:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 5 2017, 01:29 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa - indeed.

@Acadian - the card killer probably wouldn't stand a chance in a close combat against Persephone or Loviatar, but fortunately for him they are in other versions of the same wasteland. wink.gif

@TheCheshireKhajiit - many more unfortunate will fall...

@Renee - the yao-guai was partly wounded from the card killer because he shot it with his assault rifle but in the end it was Violet who hit it fatally instead of the card killer.

_______

The Interlude I

While many water beggars preferred to squat outside major towns where a probability of getting some dirty or purified water was the highest, Ben Canning preferred to beg for water in the middle of the wastes. He assumed that a chance for travelers to have some water was higher in the middle of nowhere - and why?

Because when travelers saw towns ahead, they could drink all their water, knowing they’ll be able to buy fresh water in towns, while those in the middle of the wastes had to be more careful and if they were kind-hearted, they could part with a bottle or two and give it to him.

Unfortunately for Ben Canning, the guy in black leather jacket, who just passed him, had no water or at least he didn’t want to give him any. The guy just dismissed him with his hand and walked on.

“Yeah, that’s what I figured,” Ben Canning yelled at him. “Can you at least shoot me in the head before you leave? I’m out of ammo or I’d do it myself.” While the saying was meant as a joke which Ben often told wasteland cheapskates, the guy in leather jacket obviously took it for real as he readied his assault rifle.

“Hey, hey, kid, I was just jok…”

But it was too late. The deafening sound of rapidly fired bullets fulfilled Ben’s joking wish.

The guy in leather jacket walked on. No card was left behind this time.
_______

Ben Canning

Wish fulfilled

He won't joke again...

Early riser

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 5 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, not even worth a card, lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 5 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #36

Paladin
Group Icon

The lesson here is choose your words carefully and mean what you say. wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 5 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

You know you are old when you no longer get carded at the door...

Poor Ben, met the wrong man at the wrong time. Still, it could have been worse. He could have been eaten by a radscrorpion or super mutant.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 6 2017, 01:11 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 5 2017, 11:07 AM) *

Right. Exactly my sentiments as well.

If we think about it though, this sort of makes some sense in a way. Because the Card Killer is leaving a trail wherever he goes. Each card is a clue to figure out where he's been. He can't leave cards everywhere, lest some clever chap or gal anticipate where the guy's next possible place of rest could be.

Yeah, I watch too many crime shows, ha ha.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 6 2017, 01:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 7 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 6 2017, 07:11 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 5 2017, 11:07 AM) *

Right. Exactly my sentiments as well.

If we think about it though, this sort of makes some sense in a way. Because the Card Killer is leaving a trail wherever he goes. Each card is a clue to figure out where he's been. He can't leave cards everywhere, lest some clever chap or gal anticipate where the guy's next possible place of rest could be.

Yeah, I watch too many crime shows, ha ha.

This is true. Though Khajiit got the distinct impression it was more about exterminating a pest than getting his jollies, lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 7 2017, 09:52 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

The Card Killer did not leave a card because Ben Canning is not a woman, and he did not have sex with Ben first. The CK is a serial killer, and seducing and killing women is his M.O. Any killing outside of that is incidental, not part of who and what he is. Hence no card.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:05 PM