8 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout76, Um... yeah.
Kane
post Mar 26 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #81

Master
Group Icon

Bethy getting closer and closer to a product I'll enjoy a lot. Today they rolled out a Survival Mode for 76, and renamed the existing game mode "Adventure Mode". They also tweaked the PvP in Adventure Mode so that another player cannot damage you at all unless you return fire.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 26 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #82

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Mar 26 2019, 12:21 PM) *

Bethy getting closer and closer to a product I'll enjoy a lot. Today they rolled out a Survival Mode for 76, and renamed the existing game mode "Adventure Mode". They also tweaked the PvP in Adventure Mode so that another player cannot damage you at all unless you return fire.

Maybe one day they will work their way back to getting this game to the type of game it should have been. Nice to see they are making an effort to correct some of their missteps.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 27 2019, 01:40 PM
Post #83

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 26 2019, 01:52 PM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Mar 26 2019, 12:21 PM) *

Maybe one day they will work their way back to getting this game to the type of game it should have been. Nice to see they are making an effort to correct some of their missteps.

Definitely. I also read that a future update will add human NPCs to the game.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 27 2019, 03:04 PM
Post #84

Mouth
Group Icon

It's sounding more like something I'd get, too. Might pick it up when it comes to Steam.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 27 2019, 09:48 PM
Post #85

Councilor
Group Icon

Hmm. Now I'm paying attention to Fallout76. Thank you for the info!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 4 2019, 10:29 AM
Post #86

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Mar 27 2019, 01:40 PM) *

Definitely. I also read that a future update will add human NPCs to the game.

That is awesome! Just a shame that it took Beth 100G of updating to get there.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 18 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #87

Master
Group Icon

Installed last night. Only played for a little bit as I was tired, but I made an Appalachian American named Duane Barry and explored around the vault. Gorgeous game, so far.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 18 2019, 04:38 PM
Post #88

Councilor
Group Icon

Sweet, I am glad one of us is trying this game. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 20 2019, 08:01 PM
Post #89

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 18 2019, 10:54 AM) *

Installed last night. Only played for a little bit as I was tired, but I made an Appalachian American named Duane Barry and explored around the vault. Gorgeous game, so far.

Do you have it on the Bethesda launcher? How does it work for you? I haven't heard great things about the launcher, so I am hesitant to get it there. But I also buy games off of GOG whenever possible so that not everything I play on PC is through Steam. I want the competition. I know it is coming to Steam this year but I don't think they have announced a date yet. I'll install it on the Bethesda launcher as long as the launcher works well.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Aug 20 2019, 08:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 21 2019, 12:46 PM
Post #90

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 20 2019, 03:01 PM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 18 2019, 10:54 AM) *

Do you have it on the Bethesda launcher? How does it work for you? I haven't heard great things about the launcher, so I am hesitant to get it there. But I also buy games off of GOG whenever possible so that not everything I play on PC is through Steam. I want the competition. I know it is coming to Steam this year but I don't think they have announced a date yet. I'll install it on the Bethesda launcher as long as the launcher works well.

I do have it on the Bethesda launcher, yes. I had zero issues redeeming the my code or downloading the game. I let it download in the background while I played Skyrim, and then jumped right in without hassle.
I've had the launcher installed for some time for the Creation Kit, and it's never given me an issue.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 21 2019, 02:28 PM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

Can second that the launcher is not bad. Works fine with Creation Kit.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 21 2019, 03:09 PM
Post #92

Master
Group Icon

You also get PC access to Fallout Shelter, if you are in to that kind of thing. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 30 2019, 11:28 PM
Post #93

Master
Group Icon

Been a while since this forum was posted in. Was wondering what folks think about Bethesda's latest shenanigans regarding this game. Me, I'm not a Fallout guy, so can smile and remain above it all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 31 2019, 12:03 AM
Post #94

Ancient
Group Icon

I think Bethesda was feeling jealous of all the good press that companies like EA and Epic Games have been getting. So they had to do something to work their way onto this list of worthies.

I am not a Fallout 76 person, so I can sit back and laugh too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 31 2019, 03:54 AM
Post #95

Ancient
Group Icon

Yeah Bethesda Game Studios are so far out of touch. It’s one thing to release a bad game, I mean, every studio is capable of that. It happens. But 76... it ought to be criminal how they’ve mishandled almost every aspect of this game.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 31 2019, 04:23 AM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

It was a train wreck from the very start. An mmo with no NPCs? Great idea. How about a racing game with no race track?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 31 2019, 12:57 PM
Post #97

Councilor
Group Icon

I couldn't watch the video, those guys immediately got on my nerves! What exactly is going on? (I don't feel like Googling).

Whatever it is, I just hope Beth doesn't try to make ES6 an MMO or even a co-op. I hope all their blunders with 76 has made them definitely keep my favorite series single-player, without even a thought of anything else.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 31 2019, 12:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 31 2019, 03:05 PM
Post #98

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Oct 30 2019, 06:28 PM) *

so can smile and remain above it all.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 30 2019, 07:03 PM) *

so I can sit back and laugh too.

I can't, even though I don't have the game. This is so disappointing to see. I love Fallout and I really want this game to succeed, but there is always some new controversy popping up for this game. I want to try this game out myself at some point, but Bethesda is really making it hard to justify doing so.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 30 2019, 10:54 PM) *

Yeah Bethesda Game Studios are so far out of touch. It’s one thing to release a bad game, I mean, every studio is capable of that. It happens. But 76... it ought to be criminal how they’ve mishandled almost every aspect of this game.

As annoying and overblown as the anti-Bethesda circlejerk is (not saying you are part of it, of course, Khajiit), I find it very hard to believe that it is the usual gamer outrage against Bethesda when the game is getting constantly lambasted for all sorts of issues. Bethesda has been very disappointing with their overall handling of this game.

Now admittedly, I haven't looked into all the details about this latest issue, but from I understand about all the issues in general, I don't see how Bethesda can be justified in even the majority of the issues. The canvas bags. The excessive amount of bugs even for a Bethesda game. PvP. Unbelievably absurd prices for cosmetics. And now this.

I love BGS. Their games have brought me an immense amount of joy and they gave me my favorite (TES) and one of my favorite (Fallout) series. But I won't be an apologist for them. I hope this isn't just BGS trying to press their luck with consumers or being complacent with their games. This makes me concerned about what will happen with Starfield and TESVI.

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 31 2019, 07:57 AM) *

Whatever it is, I just hope Beth doesn't try to make ES6 an MMO or even a co-op. I hope all their blunders with 76 has made them definitely keep my favorite series single-player, without even a thought of anything else.

I guarantee that won't happen, at least. We already have an Elder Scrolls MMO and they haven't shown any interest in regular co-op previously. Still, I am concerned about what this potentially means for TESVI (and to a lesser extent, Starfield).

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 17 2020, 12:49 AM
Post #99

Mouth
Group Icon

Fallout 76 was just released on Steam a couple days ago. I've been reading up on their free Wastelanders expansion and it sounds like the game has gotten a lot better. Although it is anecdotal, I've been seeing fairly positive responses from some people. I've put it on my wishlist.

Still, the game is $40, and I am not confident enough in pulling the trigger on it. I'm a bit of a cheapskate anyway, but I'm still a bit hesitant to buy it. If there is a decent discount on it, I'll probably try it out. The most interesting aspects of Fallout for me are the world and the lore, and those for Fallout 76 look intriguing. For all Bethesda's faults, they are damn good at making exploration interesting. We'll see what happens when a discount rolls around.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 17 2020, 01:00 AM
Post #100

Ancient
Group Icon

Wasn't Fallout 76 always on Steam?

Ok, I just saw it was only on Bethesda.Net before. Interesting.

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:57 PM