Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages V « < 35 36 37 38 39 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO tips & tricks, Looking for help with ESO? This is the right thread for you!
monkeyemoness
post Apr 7 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #721

Mouth
Group Icon

Did they ever say whether or not you can research transmuted gear? I'm quickly reaching the Transmutation Crystal cap and making Nirnhoned gear for an alt would be a good way to use these up as more keep coming. (so far I only have one indication that it isn't possible to research the transmuted trait)

EDIT: Found another one saying no. Welp. I'm guessing you can't get the new trait stone from deconstruction, either.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Apr 7 2018, 09:28 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 7 2018, 10:02 PM
Post #722

Councilor
Group Icon

Same here. Each of my characters does their dailies, puts any Motif Pages, or Furnishing Plans (or recipes) in the coffer, and Laurie Craft takes them out and learns them, all without leaving home!

And it's the one Taminwe got as a level-up reward, so no cost, either.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 7 2018, 10:55 PM
Post #723

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 7 2018, 03:23 PM) *

I'm guessing you can't get the new trait stone from deconstruction, either.

Update, you totally can.

I just transformed 50 Transmutation Crystals into a Potent Nirncrux. If you're willing to risk not getting anything, it's a decent way to actually make use of the crystals as you keep getting more over the event. (And not have to hang onto the boxes containing them forever)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 9 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #724

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm having a problem with Unna and Laurie's equipment. Laurie has just reached 50 in Blacksmithing, and isn't quite there yet in Clothier or Woodworking, but both of them would really like some new armour. What they have is a mix of a level 40-ish crafted set with uncoordinated dropped pieces at CP160. Laurie has the traits researched for Hunding's or similar, but can't yet use top-level materials in anything but heavy. So we've been putting off replacing until she gets that last level or two.

The issue is that the mobs haven't waited for them, and they're now rated near-naked. So do I
  1. Try to assemble a set of dropped stuff at CP160
  2. Make the best sets Laurie can manage now, with level 9 mats
  3. Soldier on with foraging for drops to deconstruct
Of course the last one has to continue anyway, or she'll never finish the other crafts. The question is whether we'd get more stuff if we invest more short-term. And I suspect it will be a bit of "all of the above" as we''ll want to combine a crafted set with a dropped one until jewel crafting arrives.

Laurie ran into the prologue quest "Through a Veil, Darkly' last night, and died several times on her way through. Strangely, the single-combat boss fights weren't the hard parts. She had more problems with being mobbed by the filler enemies, especially dodging out of one AoE into another.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 7 2018, 02:39 PM
Post #725

Councilor
Group Icon

Just a note on something I hadn't really thought out properly.

When you do a total skill re-spec (in my case using a scroll from the level up rewards), you get all the skill points refunded, but your levels in those skills aren't affected. Laurie hadn't used any Ardent Flame skills at all, so was unable to put points in it (bar one). She'll have to grab skyshards as she goes while building up that line (so she can get Fiery Grip).

I did at least remember to re-allocate all her craft skills first. She needed those to make her Heavy armour to replace the Medium set she had.

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 11 2018, 01:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 25 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #726

Councilor
Group Icon

Discovered from a bit of Googling that what I suspected is true. The nodes for the crafting surveys do NOT drop any furnishing materials, like the regular ones. However, in Craglorn, you can get Nirncrux.

My crew are running short of Heartwood, (and Blossom needs Rubedo Leather for her new suit), so we have a bunch of foraging ahead of us. We're also trying to include regular runs of Dreloth Tomb, as it seems to provide racial motifs (including, we hope, the elusive Imperial) and plans and recipes. Minx is hoping that one of the Hlaalu Lantern formulae will drop - any size will work. Of course the Guild Bank is getting a lot of duplicates (mostly Dunmer stuff this time).

We need to find good places for Altmer and Orcish plans, but with our luck they'd all be woodworking ones, anyway. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 25 2018, 09:54 PM
Post #727

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 7 2018, 04:23 PM) *

Did they ever say whether or not you can research transmuted gear? I'm quickly reaching the Transmutation Crystal cap and making Nirnhoned gear for an alt would be a good way to use these up as more keep coming. (so far I only have one indication that it isn't possible to research the transmuted trait)

EDIT: Found another one saying no. Welp. I'm guessing you can't get the new trait stone from deconstruction, either.

Transmuted gear is not researchable, according to ZOS's patch notes for the PTS.

Transmuted gear is bound to the account; so you can't get it from anyone else = plus you can't transmute any item without already knowing the trait for that item, so won't need to transmute something just to research it = just make it.

Look at it this way; you are wasting your transmute stones either way (by what you are talking about doing or by losing them from over collecting above the Transmute Crystal cap).

That cap of 200 is really ridiculous, and makes no sense. There are 12 slots of armor and weapons, the cap on Transmute Crystals should at least match what you need for one character. It is irritating to feel you HAVE to either blow them or watch them just disappear after you've earned them.

You can try deconstructing the item to see if you get the stones back, then crafting another item with it; but you'll never be able to make an item with Transmutes that you couldn't already craft anyway; so it is just a waste of your time to do all that rather than just make the item.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 25 2018, 09:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 25 2018, 10:40 PM
Post #728

Mouth
Group Icon

^I got like 5 Potent Nirncrux by deconstructing transmuted gear lol. At least those Crystals were put to good use.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 25 2018, 01:12 PM) *

Discovered from a bit of Googling that what I suspected is true. The nodes for the crafting surveys do NOT drop any furnishing materials, like the regular ones. However, in Craglorn, you can get Nirncrux.

I actually learned that the hard way when Homestead finally went live. I had been hoarding surveys so I could get a ton of furnishing materials from the start, but not one of them ever gave me the materials. I would later learn it was intended. :T

(Also the Nirncrux dropping from Craglorn surveys is the reason we get a random survey from writs now. People complained when high-tier writs were moved to Wrothgar and all the surveys stayed there since Nirncrux was no longer readily available)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 26 2018, 02:15 AM
Post #729

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 25 2018, 04:54 PM) *

Look at it this way; you are wasting your transmute stones either way (by what you are talking about doing or by losing them from over collecting above the Transmute Crystal cap).

Except maybe the transmute to Nirnhoned. If you can get nirncrux back (as monkey confirms) then you're changing transmuting crystals to nirncrux, via a random item.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 26 2018, 12:20 PM
Post #730

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 25 2018, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 25 2018, 04:54 PM) *

Except maybe the transmute to Nirnhoned. If you can get nirncrux back (as monkey confirms) then you're changing transmuting crystals to nirncrux, via a random item.

But ... don't you have to use a Nirncrux from your own stash first for it to be transmuted to it? I thought you had to have the trait stone for it to make it?

If not, I may turn all my weapons into Nirnhoned and grind them up!!! Go into the business of selling potent nirncrux, laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 26 2018, 12:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 26 2018, 07:28 PM
Post #731

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 25 2018, 05:40 PM) *

^I got like 5 Potent Nirncrux by deconstructing transmuted gear lol. At least those Crystals were put to good use.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 25 2018, 01:12 PM) *

I actually learned that the hard way when Homestead finally went live. I had been hoarding surveys so I could get a ton of furnishing materials from the start, but not one of them ever gave me the materials. I would later learn it was intended. :T

(Also the Nirncrux dropping from Craglorn surveys is the reason we get a random survey from writs now. People complained when high-tier writs were moved to Wrothgar and all the surveys stayed there since Nirncrux was no longer readily available)

Ditto. I had stacks of surveys saved up, boy was I disappointed; laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 28 2018, 02:51 AM
Post #732

Mouth
Group Icon

AFAIK, nope, don't need the style material. Made sure to check my supply before doing so, and my number of crux stayed the same. It's how I survived the event. :T

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 28 2018, 04:46 AM
Post #733

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 27 2018, 09:51 PM) *

AFAIK, nope, don't need the style material. Made sure to check my supply before doing so, and my number of crux stayed the same. It's how I survived the event. :T

Well, I see a way to make Potent Nirncrux to sell then, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 11 2018, 04:23 PM
Post #734

Councilor
Group Icon

Is there any way to determine which plans etc. are available by what means? For example, the word is that the skooma bubbler can only be obtained by robbing drunks in one region. If some things can only be found by pickpocketing, then Minx has to start training. Well, she should anyway, but we'll also need to know where to go to work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 11 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #735

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 11 2018, 11:23 AM) *

Is there any way to determine which plans etc. are available by what means? For example, the word is that the skooma bubbler can only be obtained by robbing drunks in one region. If some things can only be found by pickpocketing, then Minx has to start training. Well, she should anyway, but we'll also need to know where to go to work.

I think that Skooma Bubbler is only by pickpocketing actual paupers in some specific location or locations; but there are only a few actual paupers in the game and somehow they misnamed them something like "Commoners" (or misnamed the Commoners to Paupers, or something) = so as it turned out, you could be pickpocketing yourself blind and never get the Skooma Bubbler unless you Googled it to find the actual spot the correct NPC's were.

What you have to do to find out that information is to get the correct name of the item and Google it = which getting the actual name seems to be the hardest part of that. But the UESP or ESO pages on the items will usually give the information about where to find them.

However, that said = you can usually still buy them at various guild traders. I think the one at our Guild Hall was a gift from a member, because I still haven't found the right NPC to pickpocket to get one, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 11 2018, 08:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 11 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #736

Mouth
Group Icon

iirc the servants in a specific place only accessible during a specific quest in the Thieves Guild questline used to drop them but ZOS being ever so protective of their crappy, grindy game design, nerfed the hell out of that.

Guides help a lot, but the general rule is that half of the time you'll find the style corresponding to the region (Nord in a Nord zone for example) and when pickpocketing, NPC class also determines what you'll find. (Like the Racial thrones dropping much more often from nobles in specific regions)

I imagine there's a little more complexity to that, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 11 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #737

Councilor
Group Icon

I'd just picked the Skooma Bubbler as the extreme case, rather than it being the one I wanted. The real point is that we're doing a lot of Dreloth Tomb runs as a reliable way to get plans, recipes, and the occasional motif, but started wondering if some of what we wanted was on the "steal-only" list.

ESO Fashion tells me what things CAN be found that way, but not which one can ONLY be obtained by stealing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 11 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #738

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 11 2018, 03:07 PM) *

iirc the servants in a specific place only accessible during a specific quest in the Thieves Guild questline used to drop them but ZOS being ever so protective of their crappy, grindy game design, nerfed the hell out of that.

Guides help a lot, but the general rule is that half of the time you'll find the style corresponding to the region (Nord in a Nord zone for example) and when pickpocketing, NPC class also determines what you'll find. (Like the Racial thrones dropping much more often from nobles in specific regions)

I imagine there's a little more complexity to that, though.

Oh, that is really interesting! I didn't know any of that! The only time I've ever actually pickpocketed was in that Priest Hole, and they have fixed it where you can't pickpocket them anymore, verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 29 2018, 07:44 PM
Post #739

Councilor
Group Icon

A generic question: What are the considerations if you decide to re-spec a character?

My Unna (DK) is feeling the lack of a second weapon skill. I've run her as 2H/2H so far, and that means she has no real ranged option before she closes in. She has no skill usage in Bow, so even if I move some skill points into it, she can't use them until she gets more levels of Bow itself.

I've also considered switching her further, from DPS to tank, and moving her attributes from Stamina to Health. Here again, she has no S/B skill, even though she does have Heavy Armour fully fleshed out from her lower-level days.

I did it once, with Laurie becoming a tank, but she was trying to run sword and board as DPS/solo, which meant she'd raised her tank skills before the change. She just needed to collect a few more skyshards to put points in a few other places. She still needs to practice more with the chains/ranged taunt to raise their levels.

Re-allocation of CP apparently isn't a big deal (even if the results may be) as there's no further work required to use them. However, I'm wondering if there's more to the skill/CP/gear combos that I currently understand.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 29 2018, 09:31 PM
Post #740

Paladin
Group Icon

I've only respecc'd one char - from stam to mag and it went well. I attribute that to making sure I had her future armor and weapon skill lines pretty much leveled up (mostly by reslotting things when turning in quests) and by having an excess of skill points to deploy. That way when I actually did the respec she had enough of her new requirements to have a reasonable start.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

44 Pages V « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:44 PM