14 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mods for Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Lopov
post Oct 31 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #161

Master
Group Icon

I created a small mod today which removes quest markers. What I did was to create a quest that can't be completed, and it doesn't have any markers, so having this quest active essentially removes (annoying) quest markers. The mod kicks in as soon as you complete the tutorial Ain't that a kick in the head quest.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 31 2016, 10:20 PM
Post #162

Ancient
Group Icon

There is one like that for Fallout 3 that I use. It starts a quest called Survive the Wasteland! that also has no quest markers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 4 2016, 05:04 PM
Post #163

Master
Group Icon

Sammy the Ghoul companion (check the video) laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 4 2016, 09:13 PM
Post #164

Ancient
Group Icon

I have seen the mod before but never watched the vid. That was hilarious! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 5 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #165

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 4 2016, 12:04 PM) *

Sammy the Ghoul companion (check the video) laugh.gif biggrin.gif

OMG, that vid had me choking to death laughing!!! Thanks for posting that, Lopov!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 5 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #166

Master
Group Icon

SubRosa, I uploaded a screenshot taken inside your bungalow. Not sure if you have to approve of the shot, but it doesn't show up between user-added screenshots.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 5 2016, 09:18 PM
Post #167

Ancient
Group Icon

I did have to approve it. It did not give me any notification, so I am glad you mentioned it. It was not easy figuring out how to verify it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 5 2016, 09:23 PM
Post #168

Master
Group Icon

I thought this must be the case because I often upload pics to various mods but very rarely do they actually appear online.

I left your mod intact but I modded in the key, named Florens' Bungalow Key. Now whenever I force lock the door with the console, I don't need to unlock it with the console too. My characters always have to sleep with doors of their rooms / bungalows firmly locked.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 19 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #169

Master
Group Icon

When not in a mood to game, I like to edit faces of NPCs, sometimes to make them better-looking or sometimes to make their faces reflect their personality. I've altered appearance of several vanilla NPCs and in some cases when developers used the same face for more than one people (e.g. almost all masked Legion Decani have the same face), I created new faces.

Let's take Legate Lanius, for instance. He's the main antagonist in the game and he wears his mask at all times because his face is supposed to be disfigured. It's not true, though, his vanilla face is completely normal. I completely changed Lanius and while I don't claim that my Lanius is "better" than the vanilla one, he now at least has a reason to wear a mask at all times.

My Lanius 1

My Lanius 2

Notice the shortened (beaten) nose and asymmetrical face features.

I also altered one of the vanilla companions - Craig Boone. He looks tough already in the base game but only with his sunglasses and beret equipped. Otherwise, I can't help it, he looks plain dumb to me. My Boone looks completely different. And another screenshot.

I edited various other NPCs but another one I want to show, is Siri (vanilla). Siri will play an important role in Alan Webb's story and while I don't find anything to be wrong with her vanilla face, I wanted her to be more 'impressive'. I wanted for Webb to notice her and possibly get interested in her. I think it did the trick.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 22 2016, 11:55 PM
Post #170

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 19 2016, 04:00 PM) *

When not in a mood to game, I like to edit faces of NPCs, sometimes to make them better-looking or sometimes to make their faces reflect their personality. I've altered appearance of several vanilla NPCs and in some cases when developers used the same face for more than one people (e.g. almost all masked Legion Decani have the same face), I created new faces.

Let's take Legate Lanius, for instance. He's the main antagonist in the game and he wears his mask at all times because his face is supposed to be disfigured. It's not true, though, his vanilla face is completely normal. I completely changed Lanius and while I don't claim that my Lanius is "better" than the vanilla one, he now at least has a reason to wear a mask at all times.

My Lanius 1

My Lanius 2

Notice the shortened (beaten) nose and asymmetrical face features.

I also altered one of the vanilla companions - Craig Boone. He looks tough already in the base game but only with his sunglasses and beret equipped. Otherwise, I can't help it, he looks plain dumb to me. My Boone looks completely different. And another screenshot.

I edited various other NPCs but another one I want to show, is Siri (vanilla). Siri will play an important role in Alan Webb's story and while I don't find anything to be wrong with her vanilla face, I wanted her to be more 'impressive'. I wanted for Webb to notice her and possibly get interested in her. I think it did the trick.

These changes are amazing! I have always wondered what that Lanius would look like under his mask, but never pictured that dorky normality at all! That was a real blow to see! Your version looks much better in all of these! Awesome job!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 23 2016, 12:23 AM
Post #171

Ancient
Group Icon

Neat faces. Lanius looks like an inbred mutant. Your Boone looks a lot better. But I note that he has Deeno's eyebrows! That worries me.

Siri? You edited the Apple digital assistant? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 23 2016, 11:40 PM
Post #172

Councilor
Group Icon

That's awesome you mess around with faces, Mr. Lopov. I really like the new Lanius, he looks like some tough guy out of a comic book.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 25 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #173

Paladin
Group Icon

With the recent (and wise) addition of a FO4 mods thread, I have retitled this one to reflect it as a home for FO3/NV mods. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 25 2016, 07:38 PM
Post #174

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 23 2016, 12:23 AM) *
But I note that he has Deeno's eyebrows! That worries me.
That's the result of lowering a nose sellion and inner brow angle. I do this when I want to create a sort of angry/tough-like look.

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 23 2016, 11:40 PM) *
That's awesome you mess around with faces, Mr. Lopov. I really like the new Lanius, he looks like some tough guy out of a comic book.
He's supposed to be a savage and I want him to look like a savage, not like some poker player. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 25 2016, 04:43 PM) *
With the recent (and wise) addition of a FO4 mods thread, I have retitled this one to reflect it as a home for FO3/NV mods. smile.gif
Thank you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 2 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #175

Councilor
Group Icon

Hi. Does anyone know of anything which allows us to add our own music to the game?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 2 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #176

Ancient
Group Icon

Do you mean add new radio stations or replace the songs on the existing radio stations? There are tons of new radio stations on the Nexus. I explain how to do it yourself in this thread.

Or do you mean replacing the actual background music?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 2 2017, 09:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 3 2017, 12:12 AM
Post #177

Councilor
Group Icon

I am talking about music from our radio. I see you've posted some info in that thread you linked to, so I'll try that. Thanks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 11 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #178

Councilor
Group Icon

I've been looking for clothing mods for Janet. Yeah, I've found some great ones so far!

Does anybody know how to get rid of the 'invisible' clothes glitch? Especially with mod-added clothes, sometimes they 'flicker' on and off, meaning that I can see the clothes, then they're not there anymore for a second or two. So annoying. Anybody know?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 11 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #179

Ancient
Group Icon

I have never seen it in my games before. But might be a lack of Archive Invalidation. Make sure you are using Archive Invalidation Invalidated.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 12 2017, 01:24 AM
Post #180

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 11 2017, 05:09 PM) *

I have never seen it in my games before. But might be a lack of Archive Invalidation. Make sure you are using Archive Invalidation Invalidated.

SWEET it works!!! It works it works! cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

14 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:43 PM