> Exiled and Alone, An Altmer on the Run
Kane
post Jan 31 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Diary of Kiranyae, 3rd of Midyear, 4E201
Fleeing from Summerset

I can’t believe this is how my life has ended up. On the run from my own home, city, and country. And all because I chose to stand up for my ideals, and dared to disagree with the Thalmor and their ruthless methods. No more. I won’t be a part of their wrongdoings and misgivings. But, where to go? The Empire is not what it once was, and the Thalmor have their grimy fingers in just about everyone else’s sweet roll, too....

Whatever. I suppose I’ll head to Hammerfell and go from there. Nothing remains for me here in Firsthold. Those evil bastards saw to that, when they killed the only family I had left. Rest peacefully, brother, and know the cowards who ambushed you have seen their actions returned in kind. And I won’t stop there, either. Someone has to take the fight to these radicals, and when that time comes, I will be there to lend my talents in earnest.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Kane
post Feb 22 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Chapter IV - Under the Silence of the Masser and Secunda

Leaving behind the petty squabbles of the townfolk , I headed uphill towards the palace. Dragonsreach, as I have come to learn it is called, is an even more impressive structure up close. A stone staircase led up to it from a small garden area, with pools of water on each side. At the top, a small wooden bridge spanned a moat that fed the water pools below, and a set of massively hewn wooden doors led into the palace itself. The great hall inside was vast and impossibly tall, with the roof joists nearly lost in the darkness far above. A long wooden table laden with food and drink lay in the center, just at the base of the Jarl’s throne altar.

Not wanting to draw too much attention to myself, I headed into an antechamber where I spotted the court wizard hunched over an arcane enchanter. I didn’t have much gold, but I browsed his stock for a moment anyway, just to make some notes for future purchases. I could really use that Raise Zombie tome. I’ll check with the steward, and see if there’s any work available. Excusing myself from the mage, I made my way back out into them main hall, and glanced up at the Jarl and his court. The Dunmer in armor was definitely a bodyguard of some sort, which meant the sleazy looking man on the Jarl’s right must have been the steward. He was dressed in fine clothes with a dagger at his hip, and he gave off an air of pompousness that I figure will be hard to deal with politely.

"The Jarl is, as you can imagine, very busy. Perhaps I can assist you?"

“I’m looking for work. Do you have any leads?”

“Yes, actually. The Jarl has set a bounty on some bandits nearby. Here, take this note and return when the job is complete.”

I took the note, gave a short bow and headed back out to the city. Once I was back down in the garden area, I sat on a bench under the large, sickly looking tree and unfolded the bounty notice that Avenicci gave me, and read it in earnest.

By order of Jarl Balgruuf the Greater

To all able bodied men and women of Whiterun. The bandits located in Silent Moons Camp have been harassing, robbing, and attacking citizens and visitors. A reward will be offered to anyone who kills their leader.

Proventus Avenicci

More bandits? Is that all there is out there in the wild? I stood up with a sigh, and made my way towards the general store I’d passed by earlier. I have a few odds and ends to sell from my trip, and who knows �" the shopkeeper might have a tome to trade for.

He didn’t. And why does everyone in this town seem so sleazy? First Avenicci and his pompous attitude, and now Belethor with his trade practices. I feel like I need to bathe again, after dealing with these people. Back outside, the sun was beginning to fall below the western horizon, and an orange glow basked over Whiterun.

The city shone brightly under the effect of Magnus’ descent and it made the evening much more enjoyable, as I wondered about town, talking to the various people of the community. I’m glad I did too, because I met some truly wonderful people, when compared with my first few encounters. But, I have a job to do, and the night was quickly lowering its darkness over the Starry Heart of Nirn. I’d decided that the cover of night would give me an element of surprise over the bandits who would likely far outnumber me.

Outside of the gate, I lit one of the torches I’d nicked from the mine before heading out into the night. I cursed aloud as I looked up at the cloud-filled sky obscuring the bright light of the celestial bodies above. I was counting on the moonlight to illuminate the tundra while I dealt with the scum at Silent Moons Camp. Dealing with them in near total darkness will be almost impossible, which means I’ll have to tie up a hand with this torch. I knew I should have bought that candlelight spell.

The odd wolf here and there made for the only opposition as I made my way across the treeless plains, towards the northern mountain borders. A guard had told me that my destination was about a two hour trek to the northwest, and that the camp in question was more of a small ruin. Upon arrival, I realized that camp was indeed an understatement. A longstanding Nordic ruin marked the location, with an ancient stone staircase leading up to a dome like structure perched at its apex. To my surprise, fortune smiled down upon me as the clouds above parted to allow the light of Masser and Secunda to cast a faint light on the scene far below. With a new vigor, I quickly engaged the scourge surrounding Silent Moons Camp and dispatched them all rather quickly.

I grabbed an interesting book on enchanting lay on a table by the bandit’s forge inside the ruined dome. They had a unique enchantment that must be tied to this forge, so I stowed it away to read later. Heading back down the stairs, I noticed a chamber of the ruin jutting out from the hillside. A large door carved with ancient Nordic symbols led inside, and I realized this must be where the bandits keep their headquarters. There didn’t seem to be many left though, and before long I was climbing up a stepladder that led back outside.

This post has been edited by Cain: Feb 22 2017, 06:23 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:40 PM