3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No name FF
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 20 2005, 05:45 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Well I bot bored and started a new FF (And will work on it if people like it), dont worry though I will still work on my other, I am just too lazy to get the info I need *Hint hint*. So on with what I have so far!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My name is Clangor, I am a Bosmer. Though I am not your run of the mill Bosmer, no I am quite different. For one thing I am very adept with medium armors, and I love my Long Swords. Maybe you would like to here more about me. Well I have shocking white hair, which I hear matches my eyes, or so the girls say. Many women say I am handsome, I don’t know for sure, it could just be flattery.

I grew up in my native land of Valenwood; I spent all my free time outside, usually in the trees. Like most of my race I am shorter then most others, but I am actually tall for a Bosmer, just shorter then an Imperial. Unlike most of my race I am also more suited to fighting close up, then the other Bosmer. Don’t get me wrong, I am very good with a bow, in fact I won multiple Archery contests in my youth.

Another thing that sets me apart from the other Bosmer it that fact that I have absolutely no since of direction. I would get lost many times a day in my youth, until I memorized the woods. I as so have far greater hearing then normal, the gods way of balancing me out? Who knows.

I sit here at my desk in my manor, which is in Mournhold. I only use this manor as a resting place when on business trips at the city.
I prefer my small house in the woods of Cyrodill, though not as great as Valenwood, it is the best I can have. You might wonder why someone of my standards would want to live in a forest, well I never really got used to the exile. I still here that voice in my dreams…

“Clangor of Valenwood. You are hereby sentenced to one year of manual labor in the Ebony mines of Morrowind, with the charges of, the smuggling of illegal narcotics, assaulting an officer of the Imperial army, resisting arrest, and disturbing the peace.”

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Well if anyone likes it I will do more work on it, so please comment. (You can acually make this Bosmer with a few mods.)

P.S. If anyone has a good name then please tell me.

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 20 2005, 08:26 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

Well I got a name... not to great though. Oh and here is the first chapter.

The Journey of Clangor

Chapter one: Freedom

“Hey you, miner number 890717. Today is your lucky day.”

I rolled over and opened my eyes; there was an imperial looking though the window my cell door.
Standing up I began to wonder what the man meant before he spoke again.

“Hurry up in there. You don’t want to keep him waiting.”

Gone? Where was I going? Keep who waiting? Was today… that’s right! I was going to be released today! I got myself ready as quickly as I could and left though the door with the guard at my heels. He guided me though the seemingly endless passages and I wondered where we were going. We had passed the exit so we had to be going somewhere else first. Not to long after I left my cell we arrived at the door to an office.

“Well? What are you waiting for, a sealed invitation with the Emperor’s signature? Get in there.”

I knocked on the door and walked in. It was a plain room, with a small desk and a bed in the corner. Standing behind the desk was who I assumed was the man in charge of this mine. I never got his name, not that it matters.

“Ah! Clangor you’re here at last! Well let’s get onto business shall we?”

He motioned for me to have a seat in the chair next to his desk with a wave of his hand and a cheesy smile on his face. Sitting down I wondered what kind of business I could possibly have with this annoying man.

“Well it seems your father has made quite the case with the courts that you would have your belongings returned to you at the time of your release.

My stuff returned! That would be great! I could finally be able to make use of that Netch Adamantium armor I inherited from my grandfather. It was the finest Netch leather from Vvardenfell with Adamantium plating covering parts of it, allowing great movement and durability. Obviously it is worth quite a lot of money. Maybe that why my father wanted me have it back, so he could take it from me. Well good luck to him! I would fight tooth and nail to keep this heirloom, and no one could take it from me.

“So I get my armor back?” I asked the man.

“Yes you get it all back, plus your release fee, we don’t want you dieing of starvation do we?” He chuckled at that last statement.

Shivering I asked.

“How much of a fee?” I did want to know my budget after all.

“Well let’s see… about one hundred and forty six septims.” He preceded to hand me a stack of coins that were the size of my fist.

“Good, when do I get me stuff?” As I said, tooth and nail. Well question and answer in this case.

“As soon as you find Bacola Spurius, the Captain of the Guard.” He replied

“And where is he?” I was starting to get tired of this guy.

“I am not sure; you should ask the guard outside the door.” The only thing stopping me from tearing his tongue out of his head right then was the thought of having my armor back. That and freedom.

“Alright I will go ask him.” With that I got to me feet and walked out the door, praying to the gods that I never saw that man again.

After going out the door I looked around. The guard had left! I guess it was not against his orders anymore as I am no longer a prisoner, but still, I needed some one to vent my anger onto. I wondered around the fort for awhile before finding a guard.

“Hey, I was told to ask someone where the guard Captain was.” I asked the man.

“He is right though that door to your right.” Wow, I though. I got that close and I did not know it.

I thanked the guard, who simple grunted and walked off, clearly glad to get away.
I look around the room I had just walked into, it was similar to the one I was in earlier, but there was one major difference. That annoying man was not here, and that was reason to celebrate.

“Can I help you?” The Captain asked me.

“Yeah I was sent here to get my armor…” If I had to wait too much longer before getting my armor… I can’t be held responsible for what might happen.

“Ah let me get them.” Finally someone competent…

I had to wait for a few moments as he fetched my armor, during which I studied the room I was in. There were many kinds of weapons placed on shelves, along with quite a few pieces of very shiny armor, purely for decoration.
A moment later the Captain came back with a large sack, which I can only assume held my armor.

“Here you go.”

“Thanks. I will be going now.” I could not wait to leave this god forsaken place.

“Wait a second; you forgot your release fee.”

I was bewildered; I had picked up my release fee from the annoying man, why was he giving me a second?
I turned around, and the Captain handed me another stack of coins. It’s not that I don’t like the Empire, but if they want to give me free money then its fine by me.

“Alright you can go.” About time.

I turned and left the room. After walking around the corner I at down to think about what to do. “Well I should get some weapons…” That’s a given. “And some arrows…” Don’t need to worry about a bow, as I had my Adamantium bow that I inherited with my armor. Eventually I decided to get a cheap Long Sword and some cheap arrows. Leaving me with enough to by some food, and still have money left over. Life is great, unless a certain annoying man comes along…

“Ah! I thought you had left already Clangor!” Oh gods…

“Actually I was on my way out” Please go…

“Oh, well be careful out there.” Yeah? Well I hope you get eaten by a Nix-hound…

“Don’t get your self killed!” Dear gods! Don’t you ever shut up!?

“Don’t worry I won’t.” I might leave a present in your drink…

“Well good bye Clangor.” Yeah yeah, just go already.

“Yeah, bye.”

I watched as he merrily walked down the hall, I quickly walked the other way. I don’t care if it would take longer, it was worth it.
As I finally made my way out of the fort I walked down the road following the sign posts to whatever town they may lead to.

Well? How does everyone like it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 20 2005, 09:09 AM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I like it, I like your slightly humouristic writingstyle! It was easy to read and well written so you should definitely continue it!!!!

I´ll add some jonajosas... :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 20 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Minor grammatical errors, but other than that, great story!

Please continue.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 20 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Well spell check cant pick op everything, and sometimes it makes some errers! It wanted to make "Thanks. I will be going now." Into "Thanks. Me will be going now." So it should be understandable. kvright.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 20 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

[quote=Zelda_Zealot]Well spell check cant pick op everything, and sometimes it makes some errers! It wanted to make "Thanks. I will be going now." Into "Thanks. Me will be going now." So it should be understandable. kvright.gif[/quote]

I only noticed two errors.

Read the first sentence of the first section. the 'though' should not be there.

and in the second section, when it read, " If I had to wait too much longer before getting my armor… I can’t be held responsible for what might happen."

a small change in tense. It should be "...I couldn't be held responisble...."

Sorry to be so picky....But that's how I am when I'm bored and nobody else is on the forums biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 20 2005, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Dont worry, I understand. Thanks for the CC though(<- Better use for it smile.gif ).

--------------------
+Quote Post
gamer10
post Jun 20 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Yay, someone else who writes first person.

:goodjob:

Nice work.

And now I must do something I can't help its just too tempting:

:lickinglips2: :cake:
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 20 2005, 04:35 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Yum. You could call my other FF first person, in some cases.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Konji
post Jun 20 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

[img]http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/sf/tv/clanger.jpg[/img] The clangers are so funny....

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 20 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

:shocked: What is that from!?

--------------------
+Quote Post
gamer10
post Jun 21 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

OULSHGDIFL

Well, as long as were being silly.

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 21 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Who said anything about being silly?

--------------------
+Quote Post
gamer10
post Jun 21 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Konradude][img]http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/sf/tv/clanger.jpg[/img] The clangers are so funny....[/quote]

Hmmm . . I wonder???

:eek: :eek: :eek:
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 21 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

Wonder what? FYI I did not get the name from that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
gamer10
post Jun 21 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Zelda_Zealot]Wonder what? FYI I did not get the name from that.[/quote]

I didn't say you did. I was just referring to the picture, it was silly.
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 21 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

Oh. Will I guess it is, I cant really see it that well. Stupid bad moniter...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mazuk
post Jun 21 2005, 09:27 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Nice story. Please continue.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jun 22 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

First person is my favorite style- it just seems more "personal." And we get the pleasure of "listening" to Clangor's internal comments during the dialogue with the "annoying man." That scene was priceless- we have all dealt with that chatty co-worker, salesperson, religious nut, etc. who just...won't....leave.

That kind of characterization makes Clangor real and gives him a personality. More like this, please.
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 22 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah! My life is complete. smile.gif I am working on the next chapter so expect it soon everyone. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:48 AM