10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Starfield, Bethesda Game Studios Upcoming Title
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 13 2021, 11:23 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

I’m kinda shocked this game isn’t coming out this year.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 14 2021, 12:45 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

I was hoping for this year, but alas. I think the best case scenario we can get for TES VI is 11/?/23, if they are working on more than one thing at a time (possible since they have MS resources now).

11/11/22 - Starfield release
2/3/23 - Starfield DLC season begins
6/11/23 - E3 and TES VI trailer11/?/23 - TES VI release

Also wouldn't surprise me if it's 2024 release, but I have to think by this point that they really want to get another TES game out the door.

But I am also the eternal optimist. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Kane: Jun 14 2021, 12:46 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 14 2021, 01:52 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jun 14 2021, 07:45 AM) *

I was hoping for this year,
But I am also the eternal optimist. tongue.gif

Yes, hope for the best, plan for the worst. So now I'm thinking Elder Scrolls VI won't be out until 2026 or 27, because they'll stay with Starfield for awhile. sad.gif

Anyway, here is the opening trailer for Starfield. Starfield is confirmed to be single player. Cripes, look at those graphics. I want to eat that sandwich on the table.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jun 14 2021, 01:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 14 2021, 04:06 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

All new animations supposedly, too. And they announced the Creation Engine 2 at the same time.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jun 14 2021, 04:26 PM
Post #25

Finder
Group Icon

Here is Bethesda's new Starfield website, if anyone is interested: https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfield
+Quote Post
Adella
post Jun 15 2021, 03:07 PM
Post #26

Evoker

Hmmm….I don’t know. I am in two minds….Well, yes of course I am Lol,
but no, what I mean is Beth has a poor track record of making polished games that do not need a lot of work from the modding community to make them close to what they should have been hmmm.

It takes a while for all those mod fixes to be made….So IF I take the Starfield plunge it will probably be a good six months after launch.

….and, I will only consider it IF my likeness can be generated in game, if I can’t be “Adella in space” then it won’t be happening in my machine huh! (Probably comes across as an entitled prig…but seriously, I do not want to be in a game where I have to be called Bob…have a ready made family, and have space bandits steal my baby at the start.

Buuuuuut….I suppose if it does come with a good free form char creation screen AND 3rd person pov AND it looks actually playable rather than a glitch and crash fest, then I suppose…..sign me up.

A. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Adella: Jun 15 2021, 04:57 PM
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jun 15 2021, 06:17 PM
Post #27

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Adella @ Jun 15 2021, 10:07 AM) *

...if it does come with a good free form char creation screen AND 3rd person pov AND it looks actually playable rather than a glitch and crash fest, then I suppose…..sign me up.

In an interview with UK's Telegraph yesterday Howard confirmed that Starfield will indeed be 1st and 3rd person. He also said this:

“It's also a bit more hardcore of a role playing game than we've done. It's got some really great character systems – choosing your background, things like that. We’re going back to some things that we used to do in games long ago that we felt have really let players express the character they want to be. So I think when you see it being played, you would recognise it as something we made.”

To me, this sounds like the chargen process may be even more in-depth than in previous games. As to bugs, that's anyone's guess. Bethesda hasn't had a particularly good track record with bugs, going all the way back to Daggerfall. But the fact that they are taking their time with this game gives me a bit of hope.

For those who are interested here's two more more snippets from the interview:

“Well, we like to put you in a world where we're not dragging you by the nose and saying you must do X, Y and Z, and that it's okay for you to want to test the [game’s boundaries]. You know, can I read this book? Can I pick this up? Can I do this? What if I do this? What if I do this? And the game is saying ‘yes’ a lot.

“And it has large scale goals and storytelling, but that minute-to-minute feels rewarding for you. And if you just want to pass the time and go watch the sunset and pick flowers it's rewarding in that way too. The quiet moments feel really really good.”

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features...spent-25-years/

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Jun 15 2021, 06:21 PM
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 15 2021, 06:50 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

I’m interested, but I need more details before I decide if it’s a must buy, even then it will be purchased well after release unless it is universally lauded as some kind of masterpiece.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 17 2021, 12:54 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Inject this new content into my veins, Godd Howard!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 17 2021, 01:23 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 15 2021, 01:50 PM) *

I’m interested, but I need more details before I decide if it’s a must buy, even then it will be purchased well after release unless it is universally lauded as some kind of masterpiece.

I think I'm going to go for it. Buy & try Starfield, for whatever console I get next, right at midnight or whatever. cool.gif And then I'll tell you folks my experience. I mean, I still need to see some more videos and read some more documentation, but I'm already liking what I see. Plus the game is confirmed to be single-player.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 17 2021, 06:34 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 17 2021, 07:23 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 15 2021, 01:50 PM) *

I think I'm going to go for it. Buy & try Starfield, for whatever console I get next, right at midnight or whatever. cool.gif And then I'll tell you folks my experience. I mean, I still need to see some more videos and read some more documentation, but I'm already liking what I see. Plus the game is confirmed to be single-player.

It’s apparently not going to be available on PlayStation, so definitely get an Xbox or upgrade your PC if need be.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
macole
post Jun 17 2021, 07:01 PM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 17 2021, 12:34 PM) *

It’s apparently not going to be available on PlayStation, so definitely get an Xbox or upgrade your PC if need be.

I've been looking for an excuse to build a new PC.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 17 2021, 07:35 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jun 17 2021, 01:01 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 17 2021, 12:34 PM) *

There ya go!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 17 2021, 07:41 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Gives me a reason to tweak mine some more, too. Just added a second screen, so maybe this time I'll double my RAM from 16 to 32.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 17 2021, 09:02 PM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

I am undecided whether to buy a PS5 or whatever the next Xbox is called. unsure.gif I know Xbox is always the safe way to go, that it will include more mods, and so on. I guess it depends what other games might be out there, exclusive to one system or the other.

QUOTE(macole @ Jun 17 2021, 02:01 PM) *

Me too. I don't want to upgrade or modify my gaming PC anymore! I'd rather keep it the way it is and then eventually buy or build (probably buy though) a new one. By the time 2030 rolls around I'm going to have so many gaming devices in my room... panic.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 13 2022, 12:41 PM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

This looks to be quite the game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 13 2022, 12:50 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jun 13 2022, 07:41 AM) *

And why do you say so, Kane? New info? I haven't been keeping up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 13 2022, 01:01 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 13 2022, 07:50 AM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Jun 13 2022, 07:41 AM) *

And why do you say so, Kane? New info? I haven't been keeping up.

Gameplay reveal yesterday:
https://youtu.be/zmb2FJGvnAw

Some highlights:
  • Open world galaxy exploration? Check
  • RPG? Check
  • Spaceship flying and combat? Check
  • SPACESHIP CUSTOMIZATION? Check
  • Settlement outpost creation on any one of a 1000 planets or moons? Check

This post has been edited by Kane: Jun 13 2022, 01:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 13 2022, 01:42 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

Non-threatening wildlife? Check. Not every creature attacks us? Check. That's something I like: a gameworld with balanced fauna.

Walking still an option? Check. Third and First person? Check. (I mention these because I heard a rumor we'd only be able to run, and that the game would be First Person only.) mad.gif

Ha ha "digipicks" instead of lockpicks.

Whoa, the player just ... flew? ... just before 5:50? That must be some sort of jet pack. Very kewl. Whoa, look at New Atlantis. blink.gif THAT is going to be a blast exploring.

I dunno... I have trouble being critical, I only get psyched about new games. SubRosa? biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 13 2022, 01:48 PM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

Definitely saw that jetpack combat, too. Looked like fun!

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:20 PM