Closed TopicStart new topic
> A Mystery Unleashed - Playground
Dantrag
post May 19 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

OOC: sorry i forgot to post this yesterday

Sel looked around the drab tavern in the great city Cyrodiil, noting the many broken chairs and tables, not to mention the rank smell of giant imperials who had not bathed in months. He motioned to the bartender.
"Flin, please." he said.
Sel sat down at the bar, the aged stool creaking as he did so.
The bartender handed him the drink. "Not many dark elves living in Cyrodiil. What's your story?"
"A long one." Sel answered, hinting to the barkeep that he didn't want to talk about it.
"Enjoy your drink." the bartender said before turning to talk to another customer.
Sel finished his drink and walked out of the tavern to get some fresh air. He sensed a movement above him and looked up into the night sky, but saw nothing. A moment later, he felt a blow to the back of his head and fell unconscious.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 20 2005, 03:33 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

"CCCHHHAAARRRGGGEEE!!!" Roughly 100 Imperial Knights charged together towards the mass of... things. They were to hidious to be considered humans anymore, yet they weren't zombies.

The first wave charged and ran over the first colums of the "deranged" creatures, but they lost speed and eventually grinded to a halt amongst the bodies.

"Second Wave! Charge!" Knight Errant Darius screamed, he was the third in comand of the elustrious Dragon Riders Battalion. He was a short, stout man, and not to much to look at but he was a hell of a warrior.

Falx Albarnian was in the second wave, he'd rather be in the first but he just followed what he was told and did whatever it was well. His horse Akatosh was of strong Cyrodilic breed and was well suited to a Knights type of fighting.

Run it over, and if it didn't die, run over it again

50 meters and so till the enemy line and the rest of his comrades... 40 meters... 30 meters... The sounds of screams and wild horses filled his ears... 20 meters... he saw one of his fellow Knights in the first wave decapitated.... 10 meters Knight Errant Darius yelled,"HOOLD STEADY!! FOR THE EMPEROR!!"

9..8..7.. An arrow struck the Knight beside Falx and threw him off his horse.. 6..5..4.. in the range of pikes, at least 20 fell immediately. The rest seemed like an eternity, he saw the enemy, the enemy saw him, the enemy THOUGHT they would be able to kill him but Falx KNEW he would kill the enemy.. 1 meter

The remaining 76 Knights of the second wave crashed into the side of the enemy's. Bones crunched, blood spit up everywhere, and people died.

Most of the charge they possesed now was halted by the mass of bodies in the area. Falx struck out left in right with his Imperial Broadsword, the same one he had since his "Knighting". It was considered sacred to him, his instrument of death. In his left he held a Imperial Kite Sheild with the battalions emblem on it. A Knight to his front crumpled over. He had been struck in the stomach, blood lapped off the sadle of the horse.

"There to many" He thought to himself, "I must find Darius!"

Not but 15 meters from Falx the Commander of the Dragon Riders, Sir Varro held his own with his personal guard of the "Rough Riders". Even for such a noble, Varro was doing the dirty work, and was very good at it. Sometimes his ideals and Falx's clashed, but a majority of the time he agreed with him.

Sir Varro was struck in the chest with an arrow, the Rough Riders immediatly notice their leaders wound and formed a tight circle around him fighting their way out of the battle.

A volley of arrows came from atop of the far hill, "What in the name of oblivion are they doing!?" A soldier screamed, his voice hardly noticeable over the cries of the arrows and that of their targets. "They are firing on their own people!" He shouted one last time before he was engulf by the beasts around him.

Falx gave Akatosh a kick in the side and the horse, even clad in it's armor, started off into a full sprint crushing everything in it's path. He was almost to the outskirts of the battle when another volley of arrows plummeted around him two lodging themselves in his sheild and the other into his thigh.

He cursed to himself but continued and freed himself for the fight. Commander Darius was ralling soldiers a stonesthrow away from the battle.

"Soldiers! To me! RALLY!" And his lieutenants let the battalions banners run free. It was a inspiring sight to everyone, except those that were about to feel another charge from the Knights.

This time the charge didn't feel like forever, for the adrenaline was running free in Falx. About 43 Knights charged through, running over, hacking and slashing, and just plain beating the crap out of the enemy's who started to break into a hasty rout.

"Ride em down!" Someone shouted, and thats what continued the rest of the day. Many Knights spent what little energy they had in chasing off stragglers. Falx however saw no point in it and returned to camp.

Upon crossing over the crest of the hill he looked over the battlefield. At least 350 Knights died, 1/4rd of the battlions strength, and maybe twice that wounded. The enemy faired far worse, loosing an estimated total of 3000 assortment of creatures, that ranged from beasts, to corrupted humans, and the undead.

---

Falx cleaned himself up, his leg still hurt from the arrow but he thanked Stendarr that it wasn't any worse, after all he was the god of mercy. Later that evening he went to the little pub set up at camp and sat alone, by the fire dreaming of a world were he didn't have to fight anymore. Stendarr might be merciful, but he wasn't that merciful.

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 20 2005, 08:55 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Chorrol, Cyrodiil Region

Arco walked along the Nordic Houses in Chorrol, looking around. It was a nice day even as it had falled some snow at the dawn. Arco had been on a journey, he had been in a mysterious cave not far from here. Rumours said it was suppose to be the hide out for some bandits people said to him in the tavern, but he had been tricked... Insted he met a fullgrown Ogre, was a hard fight but he managed to win..

Arco walked down as he neared to tavern, both his scimitars in his belt full off the dark red blood of the Ogre. Small wounds in his face and his dark green cloak had been almost turned into shreads. Arco looked down at the ground as he neared the tavern, he walked into to see the guys almost hadn't moved since he was there. He stood there one while reaching for the scimitars while the cloak was pushed back not to get in the way...

"Nice done in tricking me... Do u want to say sorry?" Arco said while he looked into one of the Nords eyes, his eyes was pure aggressive now. But he managed to stay calm..

"Hahahaa.. Ye cant beat me and me friends Dunmer! Go back to were ye belong" the Nord said while he reached for his battleaxe, he looked confused and drunk like all the others..

"I hope you understand that when you and your friends fight in this condition you will end up more ugly then the Ogre.." Arco said holding both of his scimitars low poiting down against the old wooden floor..

The Nord shaked his head before he stood up pushing the chair away and taking another chair in his hand.. He gave of a laugh as the others flocked around him. It was four Nords now, but Arco didn't fear them. Neither did he want to kill them, only show them some hard learned respect..

The Nord suddently threw the chair straight at Arco, he dodged with easy before leaping upon the first table slashing lose at the nords. The Nords blocked the blows, but leaned long back and so drunk the were they lost balance and all fell back. Arco leaped onto the Nord setting hos knee agaisnt his throat before hitting him straight in the head with the back end of the scimitar.. He managed to do it with one more before the two last was up standing again, both charged on Arco. Arco was pushed back but blocked the uncontrol blows by the Nords, in the end he tumbled right under one of the Nords and got up and swiftly sent of the curved scimitar edges into the Nords legs making them go straight down on the floor..

Arco looked down on them, poor people he thought. Poor, drunk people. He spun his scimitars around stepping up to the first Nord, taking his shirt and cleaning the scimitars before he three a little pouch with some money to the owner..

"Sorry for what damage may have accured here.. If I ever see them here again, doing something like this to others then it gives me a good enought reason to kill them.. You understand?" he said calmly to the owner as he open the door looking back at the owner nodding like crazy..
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post May 20 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #4

Mage
Group Icon

Outskirts of Cyrodil

Jopnacin had been travelling with this caravan for several days, and was getting sick of it. He had taken the job as a caravan guard so that he would have some company on the trip to Cyrodil, but it soon turned out that his fellow guards didn't take kindly to an outlander taking a share of the pay. They had made this obvious two nights after leaving the village they were hired in, surrounding him as he slept and shaking him awake.
"you're not welcome here, Redguard" spat one of the guards, "if you know what's good for you you'll resign in the morning. Until then, here's a little taste of what we'll do to you if you don't". When the ringleader had finished the sentence, the four men had moved towards him, looking to bloody him up. He sprang to his feet, dodging a straight left to the gut and countering with an upper-cut that knocked the man from his feet. The other three men had been circling, but now they rushed in, intent on doing him harm. Fortunately it was at this moment that the caravan master had stepped in, stopping the fight with threats of dismissal.
"Yes" thought Jonacin as he trudged wearily alongside the caravan, "it will be good to reach Cyrodil and leave this rabble behind"

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Aki
post May 20 2005, 01:09 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

The back alleys of Cyrodiil city

While dueling was illegeal in most parts of the city, it wasn't in the slums. Provided you didn't get caught. Fenris Howlbreath, Nordic warrior and Tongue, was partcipating in this duel. His foe was a Cyrodiilic man, a "Imperial" as Fenris rembered the people of Morrowind calling them. The Cryodiil claimed to have Akaviran blood, and he did have some of the right facial features, they only really stood out because he dressed in traditional Akavirian style, and used a DaiKatana.

The Crowd gathered towatch the fight, the opponents stood momentarily, staring each other down before the Cyrodiil, 'Lord' Mugin, charged, Daikanta held high. Fenris blocked the man's blows, parring when possible, and scoring several hits on the wannabe-Akaviri. It was a game, until the opponent drew blood, his blade having cut into Fenris's armor.

A moment later, Mugin found himself lacking a arm, and had to forfeit the fight, or his life. Fenrir walked off into the city, grinning. "I could probablly take on tha whole damn legionn...." he muttered to himself. While Mugin collected his arm and placed it where it was susposed to be, before casting a powerful spell that caused the flesh to reknit and reattatch his arm.

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 20 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

On a Gondola heading towards Cyrodiil

What are these herbs called again? Celia glanced at the scribbles on a crisp sheet of paper that contained descriptions of a variety of alchemy ingrediants. The young Altmer skimmed across the page quickly, her eyes searching for a clue, a hint, anything that might help identify the plants she had recently collected. However, it did not contain the description she was looking for. Well, that did not help much. She thought, stuffing it back into her knapsack. She sighed and placed her head onto her hands, watching the water rippled as the gondola skimmed by. She remained silent, as the ferry rode on, absorbed in her thoughts. Another herb the paper could not name.

It was definitely not worth stealing it from the Mages Guild... I will never become a good healer if I keep this up... She was disappointed, but she couldn't stay miserable for long, for she then thought about her recent discovery while she was questing. Encountering a vamire in a cave (in this case, a bandit cave) is not an everyday event for everyone. But for her, encountering vampires became a sort of goal. To be able to have a conversation with one is something Celia had always dreamed of when she was little...

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden, bumby movement, signaling the end of the trip. Celia cheerfully stepped out, happy to be on solid ground again. In fact, she was so happy, she accidently over-paid the ferryman. But she didn't care. All she cared about was getting home, get some rest, and pack up for another quest. She practically skipped down the road until she got near a back allyway, where it was unsually crowded. Curious, she neared the allway as the crowd dispersed from that direction.
+Quote Post
minque
post May 20 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #7

Wise Woman
Group Icon

The Imperial City, Cyrodiil

Serene shut the worn door behind her and stepped out into the dark alley. She was completely worn out after the tedious healing-procedure she just completed.
"Marthona was right," she thought, "a successful healing drains all your fatigue, and what´s left is a feeling of total emptyness"

This time it was a noble who had been stabbed right to his belly in a duel of honour. His opponent she was unable to rescue, his wounds were to severe.

The nobleman she just saved had not been grateful at all, he wished to brag about to his friends of his wounds, but his family called for Serene to heal him. She didn´t mind, healing was her main occupation ever since she came back from Vvardenfell.

With heavy steps she entered the tavern "Semirama´s Hanging Gardens"in order to get some kind of refreshments.....when entering the premises she nearly stumbled ove a dead body just lying on the starirs

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Aki
post May 21 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=MerGirl] On a Gondola heading towards Cyrodiil

What are these herbs called again? Celia glanced at the scribbles on a crisp sheet of paper that contained descriptions of a variety of alchemy ingrediants. The young Altmer skimmed across the page quickly, her eyes searching for a clue, a hint, anything that might help identify the plants she had recently collected. However, it did not contain the description she was looking for. Well, that did not help much. She thought, stuffing it back into her knapsack. She sighed and placed her head onto her hands, watching the water rippled as the gondola skimmed by. She remained silent, as the ferry rode on, absorbed in her thoughts. Another herb the paper could not name.

It was definitely not worth stealing it from the Mages Guild... I will never become a good healer if I keep this up... She was disappointed, but she couldn't stay miserable for long, for she then thought about her recent discovery while she was questing. Encountering a vamire in a cave (in this case, a bandit cave) is not an everyday event for everyone. But for her, encountering vampires became a sort of goal. To be able to have a conversation with one is something Celia had always dreamed of when she was little...

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden, bumby movement, signaling the end of the trip. Celia cheerfully stepped out, happy to be on solid ground again. In fact, she was so happy, she accidently over-paid the ferryman. But she didn't care. All she cared about was getting home, get some rest, and pack up for another quest. She practically skipped down the road until she got near a back allyway, where it was unsually crowded. Curious, she neared the allway as the crowd dispersed from that direction.[/quote]

From her vantage point, Celia could easy see the Cyrodiil/Akaviri Lord Mugin running off, his clothing torn and bloodied, but looking unharmed. His sword and a large blood of blood were left behind him. Approaching Celia however, was a tall armored Nord, with long red hair and some sort of blue tattoo on his face, Fenris. His Stalhrim blade was still covered with the Noble's blood. Had Celia not been a Altmer, Fenris would easily towered over her, but as that was not the case, he didn't.

The Nord continued towards her, but his expression showed no malice. In fact, he didn't even notice her.

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Wolfie
post May 21 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #9

Mage
Group Icon

[quote=minque]The Imperial City, Cyrodiil

Serene shut the worn door behind her and stepped out into the dark alley. She was completely worn out after the tedious healing-procedure she just completed.
"Marthona was right," she thought, "a successful healing drains all your fatigue, and what´s left is a feeling of total emptyness"

This time it was a noble who had been stabbed right to his belly in a duel of honour. His opponent she was unable to rescue, his wounds were to severe.

The nobleman she just saved had not been grateful at all, he wished to brag about to his friends of his wounds, but his family called for Serene to heal him. She didn´t mind, healing was her main occupation ever since she came back from Vvardenfell.

With heavy steps she entered the tavern "Semirama´s Hanging Gardens"in order to get some kind of refreshments.....when entering the premises she nearly stumbled ove a dead body just lying on the starirs[/quote]
Jonacin kicked the body of one of the caravan guards off his blade, and i thudded to the ground in front of the door to the inn. The man had decided that he was skilled enough to take on Jonacin in a swordfight, and had sought him out and challenged him. The fight had been incredibly short. The fool had lunged towards Jonacin's stomach, and he had simply parried the blow and run him through in one swift movement. Just as the body hit the ground, an imperioal woman walked into the inn. When she nearly tripped over the body, a look of revulsion came onto her face

--------------------
IPB Image

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
minque
post May 21 2005, 12:48 AM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

" oh not again" she thought s she looked down on the body, but there was no rescue, this one was dead.....

As she looked up she met the stern looking eyes of a tall redguard standing just beside the door with a bloodied sword in his hand. Strangely enough Serene was not frightened of this man who apparently killed the poor beggar on the floor. She just gave him a last glance then went towards the bar.

" A jar of comberry-juice, please" she adressed the barkeep as she sat down, dead-tired and closed her eyes......

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Wolfie
post May 21 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #11

Mage
Group Icon

[quote=minque]" oh not again" she thought s she looked down on the body, but there was no rescue, this one was dead.....

As she looked up she met the stern looking eyes of a tall redguard standing just beside the door with a bloodied sword in his hand. Strangely enough Serene was not frightened of this man who apparently killed the poor beggar on the floor. She just gave him a last glance then went towards the bar.

" A jar of comberry-juice, please" she adressed the barkeep as she sat down, dead-tired and closed her eyes......[/quote]
As the woman walked over towards the bar after making, and then breaking, eye contact with him, Jonacin merely shrugged anfd wiped his sword blade clean on the guard's ragged tunic. He then went back to his table and drained the tankard of ale that was there. Paying the bartender, he gathered his equipment, he strode out of the inn, heading to a nearby blacksmith to have his armour and weapons repaired of the wear they had taken over the days of guarding the caravan. There hadn't been an reall attacks, but once or twice ragged groups of bandits in chainmails shirts had attacked, and his sword had lost it's edge from cutting through the steel. He had a purse full of 100 septim coins, so money wasn't an issue, even in Cyrodil

--------------------
IPB Image

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
minque
post May 21 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Serene finished her juice, rose to her feet and walked out the door, detrmined to find that brute of a redguard. She loathed killing in cold blood and this really seemed to be that kind of a murder. Pondering where he might have gone, she decided to try at the blacksmith´s, his weapon had to be blunt after that evil deed.

Approaching the blacksmith´s shop she spotted the dark man and hesitated for a moment...he was indeed big....for a faint moment she felt scared but then repeated the words of the spell she learnt so many years ago

"Chyffyrddiad chan rhew" she chanted and gestured at the redguard..

The man looked up, saw the cloud of ice-cold air approach and surround him, he couldn´t escape, so the cloud made him freeze terribly bit didn´t kill him.....

Serene turned away and hoped the redguard learnt his lesson....

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 21 2005, 01:29 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

It was not hard to miss the blood. How could Celia not miss it, for the pool of blood was long and bright red--obviously someone had been bleeding not too long ago. (She hoped the person got away). Neither could she ignore the armoured Nord coming towards her.

She gasped in surprise when he came closer, and she could see the blood on his sword much more clearly. Had he been the cause of the blood? Perhaps he's been in duel of some sort?

A bit nervous and clueless on what she should do (but still curious), Celia stayed where she was, but asked timidly towards the Nord, "I assumed I missed something?"
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post May 21 2005, 01:31 AM
Post #14

Mage
Group Icon

[quote=minque]Serene finished her juice, rose to her feet and walked out the door, detrmined to find that brute of a redguard. She loathed killing in cold blood and this really seemed to be that kind of a murder. Pondering where he might have gone, she decided to try at the blacksmith´s, his weapon had to be blunt after that evil deed.

Approaching the blacksmith´s shop she spotted the dark man and hesitated for a moment...he was indeed big....for a faint moment she felt scared but then repeated the words of the spell she learnt so many years ago

"Chyffyrddiad chan rhew" she chanted and gestured at the redguard..

The man looked up, saw the cloud of ice-cold air approach and surround him, he couldn´t escape, so the cloud made him freeze terribly bit didn´t kill him.....

Serene turned away and hoped the redguard learnt his lesson....[/quote]
Jonacin was angry, but he didn't lose his head. The mage had no right to cast a spell on him, but he coul settle scores later. Using a technique the ancient Blademaster who had been his teacher had shown him, he slowed and deepened his breathing, causing his chest to expand more than before and cracking the ice that encased him. He flexed other muschles, breaking more ice until he was free. He stamped his feet and moving about until he was warm, and then he retrieved his equipment from the blacksmith and hurried off after the blasted mage. Seeing her in the street ahead, he sped up until he had caught her. Grabbing her by the arm, he placed his sword at her throat and hissed into her ear "one false move and i slit your throat, mage. now, would you care to tell me why you just cast that spell on me? It was most irritating. Keep in mind, any funny business and you die, and i wont think twice about it"

--------------------
IPB Image

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Aki
post May 21 2005, 01:43 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=MerGirl]It was not hard to miss the blood. How could Celia not miss it, for the pool of blood was long and bright red--obviously someone had been bleeding not too long ago. (She hoped the person got away). Neither could she ignore the armoured Nord coming towards her.

She gasped in surprise when he came closer, and she could see the blood on his sword much more clearly. Had he been the cause of the blood? Perhaps he's been in duel of some sort?

A bit nervous and clueless on what she should do (but still curious), Celia stayed where she was, but asked timidly towards the Nord, "I assumed I missed something?"[/quote]

The Nord turned to look at the Altmer, a look of disdain momentarily passing over his face, before it turned to amusement. "Aye, some cyrodiilic numbskull got it in 'is head that he was some kind of godly Akavirian blademaster," Fenris said, smirking and waving his hand down the alley indicating the fleeing and bloody, yet uninjured, man.

"He be lucky he knew restoritive magicks, else he'd be short a arm, will teach 'im to go a boasting about like that."

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 21 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

She didn't miss his look of contempt, and she blushed, thinking perhaps she said something wrong. But when his expression became what seemed to her a more friendly look, she became a little less nervous.

She switched her glance towards the uninjured man, then back towards the Nord. She was still a little frightened, but she was very much interested in what the Nord had just said. "A-ak-vi-," she struggled with the word, "what's that word? What you just said. What's an a-ak-vi-whatcha-you-call it?" She inquired, but hesitated and blushed again. Perhaps she was being too nosy. "Er, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so rude..."
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 21 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Falx was sent on a patrol into the lands that have recently been controlled by the corrupted men. The area smelled of death and decay, putrid horrors that only the sickest could conjure up. Atop his horse, Akatosh, finely clad in mail, he made his way across the bog.

"Si'ir? Shh-oould we be g-oing this fa-r away fro-m camp?" A recruit by the name of Manious questioned in a rather scared voice. Manious was an orphan and constantly harrassed and abused by the other children as a child. Every day he knew the exact time that the "mean" kids would come and beat him up. Still he did nothing about it. One day he lost it and the gang leader of the thugs was found strung up naked, outside the imperial palace, slashed and burned. Everyone knew that Manious didn't do it yet the blame fell on him. He was sentenced to 70 years in the imperial prison, with no chance of getting out a day earlier. If it weren't for the actions of Knight Errant Darius, who knew the boy's parents before they died, Manious would be rotting in some imperial jail cell.

"Don't worry, just a little longer out here and we will go back" Darius said in a strongly accented voice, and if you didn't know him you would think that he was drunk because of his constant slurr. The slurr was actually the cause of fight with an assassin while defending the last emperor. The assassin lunged for the emperor but Darius put his body in the way, taking the wound for his majesty. The tip of the needle was dipped in a poison from the far reaches of the Black Marsh, and said to cause immidiate paralylist(SP) and death if injected into the blood stream.

After many months of intense healing treatments by the best apothocary's in the land he slowly recovered, but the slurr never went away. He veiwed it as a wound worthy of a hero though, for he was injured by risking his life honorably for the Emperor.

A wolf howled in the background, and then everything was eerily quiet, save for the occasional gust of wind that would wisp the fog away. The patrol held still, even to the point of holding their own breath. Then the horses started to get jittery, as if something horrid were approaching.

Falx saw a face, bony with flesh hanging loosely off the elastic skin. It seemed to call to him, he trodded a few steps towards it. His horse clearly was trying to stear his master in another direction but it dared not turn on its own. The face's mouth started to mumble something, something that cause the hairs on the back of falx's neck to stand prickly.

Darius looked around and noticed Falx moving towards a heavy pillow of fog, "Falx! Come back here, now is no the time to get seperated!" No responce came, just a few more steps into the fog. Darius was screaming this time, "Knight! If you wish to come back alive turn around now!" Darius yelled as his face was bright red.

Something moved inside Falx's head, he heard something but it eluded his ears. Then he heard it again..."Falx!" it was faint, but someone was calling. He felt a hand on his shoulder and slowly he started to come back into reality. The face let out a gut wrenching scream!

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minque
post May 21 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #18

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=LoneWolf]
Jonacin was angry, but he didn't lose his head. The mage had no right to cast a spell on him, but he coul settle scores later. Using a technique the ancient Blademaster who had been his teacher had shown him, he slowed and deepened his breathing, causing his chest to expand more than before and cracking the ice that encased him. He flexed other muschles, breaking more ice until he was free. He stamped his feet and moving about until he was warm, and then he retrieved his equipment from the blacksmith and hurried off after the blasted mage. Seeing her in the street ahead, he sped up until he had caught her. Grabbing her by the arm, he placed his sword at her throat and hissed into her ear "one false move and i slit your throat, mage. now, would you care to tell me why you just cast that spell on me? It was most irritating. Keep in mind, any funny business and you die, and i wont think twice about it"[/quote]

Serene didn´t dare to move, the sword pointing at her throat was incerdibly sharp, she could feel a thin stream of blood running from the tiny cut. She understood the rage of the redguard but knew she had to convince him that she cast the spell on him for his own benefit. The murder in the Tavern could cause some nasty riots if the slain man´s friends and relatives found out and so this brave redguard would be forced fight out a real vendetta, and that would be very sad, because there was a far better use for this man than being a fugitive for a senseless murder.

"Please!" she whispered, "Don´t hurt me, it was for your own good, now it´s obvious you got your punishment so there will be no more fuzz about it.I know your victim´s family and they´ll settle when they find out it was me who cast that spel on you, besides it didn´t hurt you to cool sown a bit did it?"
Serene tried to smile at the redguard in order to rise his disposition to her.

"My name is Serene by the way " she added,"And I assure you I am a very skilled mage......"

She turned to the man very slowly, so he wouldn´t think she was making some false move and thus cut her troat. She wanted to look him in the eyes.....convince him he could make use of her as she could make use of him....for the benefit for both of them.

She could feel the pressure of the sword diminish, obviously the big redguard had listened to her........

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 21 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Chorrol, Cyrodiil Region

Arco walked out and headed against the cathedral, he took the path against Cyrodiil City. He didn't have any more buisness in Chorrol anymore, as he took the little path down to the main road. It wasn't that far to Cyrodiil he thought as he walked down the empty road.. He kept looking back at Chorrol and thought of the Nords, they would come after him he was sure they would. Those Nords wouldn't let Arco go off just like that. But Arco was kinda naiv, knowing that the Nords wouldn't be such a fight. Soon he could see the mighty walls of Cyrodiil City over the open field, as he entered the city it seemed quite empty. Not so many was out on the street this day as he noticed as he walked down the street.. Soon he could see a Reguard holding his blade against the throat of a Imperial woman.. Arco walked straight past them only a few feet away looking both of them right into the eyes, it looked like he didn't really care.

The Dunmer didn't have anything special against the Imperials even as they had comed unwelcome as he ment it, into Morrowind. Arco went up to the blacksmith not far away from the Imperial and Redguard, he started talking to the blacksmith, as he looked back several times at the Redguard and Imperial..
He gave over both his beloved Daedric Scimitars to the smith, showing some spots that had been damaged due to the epic fights he had been in over the years.. As the smith started working Arco just leaned back on a wall to a Imperial House not far from the smith just waiting in the shadows..

"Well Redguard, what are you waiting for...? Are you going to let this young woman die of age?" Arco said while he stood against the wall, resting his right hand on his Daedric Dagger..
+Quote Post
minque
post May 21 2005, 11:41 AM
Post #20

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Serene caught a glance of an approaching Dunmer as she tried to relief the pressure to her back due to the uncomfortable position she was in. "No meaning of crying for help" she thought, "let´s see how the redguard reacts"

Then she heard the Dunmer´s dark hoarse voice:
"Well Redguard, what are you waiting for...? Are you going to let this young woman die of age?"..............

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:25 AM