TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 2 2020, 10:06 PM
Post #101

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 2 2020, 04:00 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 2 2020, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 2 2020, 03:18 PM) *

Cool! I have never done a Scoundrel/Jedi Councilor. I usually do the Scout/Sentinel, and have only done the Soldier/Guardian a few times.

My first play through I did as an Asian character. I forget her name now. I only have a few pics left. Sadly, I do not have any of her saves. That was multiple computers ago. sad.gif She was a dual wielding Sentinel, and wore the Xia Terashi armor.

I believe your character in the pic is using the same face my new character has, lol. Are you running mods in that pic?

I have a ton of mods. Probably everything on the Kotor Nexus. Her armor also came with the short saber. Plus I have a mod that allows you more lightsaber color choices. I can't remember if the armor Carth is wearing is vanilla or modded. I think it might be a vanilla resource someone jazzed up with the glowing lights. I have a version of it for KOTOR 2 that the Zabrak engineer can wear, which really makes him awesome.

Cool. I saw the list on the very first post in this topic so I’ll check some out. The outfits are just ugly in this game, lol

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 3 2020, 03:09 AM
Post #102

Ancient
Group Icon

I just found This Unique Party Robes mod on the Kotor Nexus page. It is something new since the last time I played the game. The change to the robes looks good.

Looking through the recent mods, there has been a lot of high definition texture mods that have been added in the last 6 or 7 months. Some of them are insanely huge.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 3 2020, 03:50 AM
Post #103

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 2 2020, 09:09 PM) *

I just found This Unique Party Robes mod on the Kotor Nexus page. It is something new since the last time I played the game. The change to the robes looks good.

Looking through the recent mods, there has been a lot of high definition texture mods that have been added in the last 6 or 7 months. Some of them are insanely huge.

Ooo thanks I’ll definitely check these out!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 7 2020, 11:35 AM
Post #104

Ancient
Group Icon

So I downloaded a bunch of mods, most of which aim to make the game look a bit better. Now I’m tweaking some things and haven’t really gotten into actually playing the game yet (restarted with Xia Zheng). Here’s a couple of pics:

Xia Zheng. Scoundrel. You’d like her. She is wearing a combat suit, to which I have given a new greyscale color scheme using Gimp. You can’t tell much about her face but I edited that too to be a little more to my liking.

Twi’lek Soldier. Just for fun. Also wearing the combat suit.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 7 2020, 06:12 PM
Post #105

Ancient
Group Icon

Neat, I recognize the mod you are using for the red Twilek. I don't recognize the one you are using for Xia though. Which one is that? I does not look vanilla.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 7 2020, 08:08 PM
Post #106

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 7 2020, 12:12 PM) *

Neat, I recognize the mod you are using for the red Twilek. I don't recognize the one you are using for Xia though. Which one is that? I does not look vanilla.

Xia is special! First I used this mod to bring all of the NPC’s and PC heads up to “HD” quality. Then I altered Xia’s face in Gimp to be a bit more to my liking, specifically I darkened the color of her hair and the ribbon she wears in it, and changed the color of her lipstick to a red wine color to match the ribbon. Oh, and I also changed her eye color to a light grey.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 7 2020, 08:15 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 7 2020, 10:53 PM
Post #107

Ancient
Group Icon

You inspired me to spend the last 2 hours modding January into Kotor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 8 2020, 05:06 AM
Post #108

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 7 2020, 04:53 PM) *

You inspired me to spend the last 2 hours modding January into Kotor.

Khajiit is happy to be of service! biggrin.gif

On a note unrelated to superficial improvements, Xia ran into a horrible dialogue bug which makes it so that the NPCs’ voices will not be audible and their dialogue skips to when you respond to what they are saying. This prompted me to download this bug fix mod in hopes of eliminating the issue.

*edit* urrrgh, looks like the above mod won’t fix the issue as it’s a common problem with the game engine that restarting the game will fix.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 8 2020, 05:15 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 8 2020, 10:47 PM
Post #109

Ancient
Group Icon

Darkside Xia

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 8 2020, 11:19 PM
Post #110

Ancient
Group Icon

She looks like Mad Max Xia!

BTW, since you are doing her as a Scoundrel, are you using the Sniper Shot feat? I tried it briefly a few times, and it seemed really underwhelming. I would typically only hit and do 1 or 2 points of damage, with a blaster rifle. But it seemed like the way to go for Scoundrel, since it can stun people, and they get sneak attack damage on stunned opponents.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 9 2020, 12:06 AM
Post #111

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 8 2020, 05:19 PM) *

BTW, since you are doing her as a Scoundrel, are you using the Sniper Shot feat? I tried it briefly a few times, and it seemed really underwhelming. I would typically only hit and do 1 or 2 points of damage, with a blaster rifle. But it seemed like the way to go for Scoundrel, since it can stun people, and they get sneak attack damage on stunned opponents.

I have been using it but not to any great affect. I think Xia’s blaster skill just isn’t good enough. I’ve never seen it actually stun someone, usually it just takes a slightly larger chunk of health from the enemy when it hits.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 9 2020, 01:33 AM
Post #112

Ancient
Group Icon

I am thinking for ranged weapons you are probably better off using either the ranged version of Power Attack, or the ranged version of Flurry. I forget the names, but they do the same things. Then later on once you Jedi up you will probably be using either a Lightsaber or force powers, and the gun stuff won't matter.

Most of my characters just skip using a blaster at all, and go straight to using a melee weapon. The Melee feats work with lightsabers, so they are still useful in the later game. I have had a lot of success with dual wielding and Flurry. You end up with 4 attacks a turn.

Edit: I did some looking at blaster builds. There is a handy thread on it here. Plus another here.

One thing worth noting is that the force speed powers don't improve Sniper Shot or Power Shot. Rapid Shot does. So keep that in mind if you are using the Speed powers.

Also, if you are playing a Scoundrel (and so you have Sneak Attack), the Force Stun and Insanity are powers that will stun your opponents, and give you a Sneak Attack.

It looks like Sniper Shot really is not worth it. Even when looking at calculations of average damage over time, it comes up short compared to Rapid Shot or Power Shot.

I also learned this handy tip for Scoundrels in this thread
The sneak attack modifier (to your chance to hit and damage inflicted, depending on the feat level) is automatically activated by the game when one of these situations occurs: the hostile NPC you're targeting is either stunned, isn't in combat with you yet, or it's attacking someone else.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 9 2020, 03:47 AM
Post #113

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 8 2020, 07:33 PM) *

I am thinking for ranged weapons you are probably better off using either the ranged version of Power Attack, or the ranged version of Flurry. I forget the names, but they do the same things. Then later on once you Jedi up you will probably be using either a Lightsaber or force powers, and the gun stuff won't matter.

Most of my characters just skip using a blaster at all, and go straight to using a melee weapon. The Melee feats work with lightsabers, so they are still useful in the later game. I have had a lot of success with dual wielding and Flurry. You end up with 4 attacks a turn.

Edit: I did some looking at blaster builds. There is a handy thread on it here. Plus another here.

One thing worth noting is that the force speed powers don't improve Sniper Shot or Power Shot. Rapid Shot does. So keep that in mind if you are using the Speed powers.

Also, if you are playing a Scoundrel (and so you have Sneak Attack), the Force Stun and Insanity are powers that will stun your opponents, and give you a Sneak Attack.

It looks like Sniper Shot really is not worth it. Even when looking at calculations of average damage over time, it comes up short compared to Rapid Shot or Power Shot.

I also learned this handy tip for Scoundrels in this thread
The sneak attack modifier (to your chance to hit and damage inflicted, depending on the feat level) is automatically activated by the game when one of these situations occurs: the hostile NPC you're targeting is either stunned, isn't in combat with you yet, or it's attacking someone else.

Those were interesting reads! Carth is a freakin’ madman with those dual pistols in the early game so I played around earlier with having Carth draw aggro while Xia flank attacks with dual vibroblades. Seemed to be fairly solid. So yeah I think I’m definitely going to go with power attack and flurry which will come in handy when I get a lightsaber/lightsabers.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 9 2020, 03:52 AM
Post #114

Ancient
Group Icon

I noticed that about Carth too! He's a beast with dual pistols. The devs were kind to give him to us as a starting companion. Plus he has a great voice actor, and a really interesting back story. He's probably my favorite NPC in Kotor 1 (though it has been a while, so I don't remember the others much, aside from Bastila).

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 9 2020, 04:23 AM
Post #115

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 8 2020, 09:52 PM) *

I noticed that about Carth too! He's a beast with dual pistols. The devs were kind to give him to us as a starting companion. Plus he has a great voice actor, and a really interesting back story. He's probably my favorite NPC in Kotor 1 (though it has been a while, so I don't remember the others much, aside from Bastila).

Yeah the others are hit or miss. I had forgotten how annoying Bastila is at the beginning, but as the first Jedi member of the party, she makes a big impression. Mission is a bit too “too cool for school” for my liking. Even Zaalbar isn’t safe from being made fun of! Speaking of “Big Z”, he’s strong and tough, but not very memorable. The other 2 Jedi are kinda “meh”. Canderous is ok. Then there is HK-47. I think he’s very amusing with his crazy dialogue! There is that other droid companion but I think I only use it on that one mission you need him for.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 10 2020, 05:33 AM
Post #116

Ancient
Group Icon

@Subbie:
I’ve been playing through Taris and just ended after Bastila joins the party. I ran through the undercity with Carth and Mission until we picked up Zaalbar. The combo of running in with Carth while the two scoundrels blasted the rakghouls attacking him worked really well. When Zaalbar joined, I noticed he is good with melee weapons right out the gate so I had him join Xia and Mission. This combo is reaaally strong. I was even able to get many stuns with the sniper shots from both Xia and Mission. The Vulker base fell very fast. Oh, and for Xia I used a blaster rifle the whole time. I think even with one level of two handed fighting the penalty still makes it ineffective. I didn’t pick any extra combat feats. I’ll probably just wait to do that when I get lightsabers.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 10 2020, 06:57 AM
Post #117

Ancient
Group Icon

That is interesting. So it looks like the secret to the scoundrel is those double-teaming tactics.

The Secret to the Scoundrel sounds like a great title...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 10 2020, 07:35 AM
Post #118

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 10 2020, 12:57 AM) *

That is interesting. So it looks like the secret to the scoundrel is those double-teaming tactics.

The Secret to the Scoundrel sounds like a great title...

Yeah Xia seemingly can’t take a lot of abuse; I guess that’s reasonable as a scoundrel isn’t supposed to be a hardened frontline fighter. I’m a bit nervous about taking her into the dueling ring, which is like the only side content we have left on Taris (and the bounty hunter line by extension). May not, but I sure would like to get the bounty for Bendak and his blaster.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 22 2020, 12:36 AM
Post #119

Ancient
Group Icon

So after a break and some restarts, Xia is now undertaking Jedi training. We made a save game right before talking to Dorak about our lightsaber crystal, so we aren’t stuck in a chosen class. Now I’m having fun running around Dantooine, trying out the different Jedi classes. I’ve messed around with Consular and Sentinel so now we are about to try Guardian, which I’ve read can be really interesting with Scoundrel as a base. Consular has performed better so far, which I guess is to be expected since it was designed to be the natural choice for Scoundrel players.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 22 2020, 12:38 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 22 2020, 01:42 AM
Post #120

Ancient
Group Icon

My ex Jaelyn (who got me into playing Kotor) used to love the Scoundrel/Consular characters. There was always a lot of lightning in her games.

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:18 PM