Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is Human II- Playground XII, the one after the eleventh...
Lord Revan
post Jun 16 2007, 06:35 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

The 12th playground

The 11th....

This post has been edited by minque: Jun 30 2007, 11:42 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 16 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood.

Flint casually climbed down from where he was hanging and ventured back to the Tiber Septim.
,,Well, everyone is here. Everyone except scaleboy." He noted silently.

,,I wonder where that good for nothing Argonian has gone off to now. Ah well, let him. Better be rid of him than having to watch my back all the time." He muttered out loud and took a seat in the quietest corner.
,,This crisis is getting on my nerves. Why did we start anyway? Oh yeah, the Breton had returned."

Green-Root.

They had now reached the shack and made themselves comfortable.
,,The snakes aren't the only problem." The Argonian said, rummaging through a pile of cheap booze.
,,The two Altmers, Voltar and Altair, they're working on their own plans in the shadows. They seem to be involved with a certain Breton who is looking towards attaining a lot of power in the Empire. I wonder when they'll make their move."

(Yup, he hasn't figured it out completely yet, but he is getting closer.)

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 16 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Jun 15 2007, 07:07 AM) *

Rann

Rann saw Satyana and Issac walk in and sit down.

"Let me get 'em over here," he said to his mother before he got their attention by waving before motioning for them to join him and Brianna.

OOC: sorry I've been a little absent lately.

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Jun 15 2007, 07:13 AM) *

OCC: As long as the reply comes it doesn't really matter.......

Issac

When he noticed Rann wave and motion them to come over, he nodded. Issac sat one seat down from Rann, letting Satyana sit beside her brother.

Satyana

She followed Issac to the table where Rann and their mother were sitting, saying nothing. She felt a bit awkward, not really knowing what her actual feelings were for the woman who was supposed to be her mother.

Hello mom would just sound ridiculous, I canīt say that! But what on Nirn shall I say to her?

"Mother? Iīm Satyana" She looked the woman straight into her eyes while saying that, but under the table she grasped desperatly for Rannīs hand

Gosh Rann, help me out please!!!

Brianna

Brianna looked at the girl....

Oh yes I can see it, or is it just because they are mine, both of them? I can see they are of the same blood, they have something in resemblance, and yet they look totally different....

"Hi Satyana" she said silently, gently touching her hair, "You look like your grandmother....I...I am happy to finally meet you"

Then she turned to Issac

"Good Day to you, young man, and who might you be?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aifïŋ―iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jun 16 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Issac

"My name is Issac, ma'am." He nodded to Brianna. Issac didn't know whether it was entirely appropriate to tell this woman whom he'd only just introduced himself to that he'd been courting her daughter for the last few months.

Even though he was certain that Rann had brought it up anyway, it would be impolite to be in the second sentence he said to Brianna.

"It's nice to meet you," Issac said sincerely.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Jun 16 2007, 11:03 PM
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Jun 17 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Mannimarco's Spirit

Walking in the twilight of life is depressing and extremely difficult, Mannimarco thought. One slip, and its off to Oblivion, or scattered like dust across Mundus. Mannimarco found that he could make himself a shade, a mere shadow, of a person, if he focused his essence hard enough. But that seemed to strengthen the pull of Oblivion. Mannimarco followed the group into the city, and then something startled him.

A crippled Bosmer was walking towards a small hovel inside the shadow of the tower. Mannimarco followed him, realizing that this was the same Bosmer that was under his command. As the Bosmer entered his house, Mannimarco followed. The Bosmer sat around and ate for an hour, then he started to conjure the communication spell that Mannimarco teaches all the undead and his servants. Mannimarco could feel the pull of magicka, like a soft wind upon skin, but he could not reply.

Satisfied with the results, the Bosmer went to bed with a smile on his face. Mannimarco wished that he could do something, but he could not. Mannimarco went to find the eyeless man.

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 17 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Cerpin

Are you just going to wander, Ian? I thought we had an understanding. Not to seem impatient, but little has been done on your part.

Rann

Rann was physically present with Issac, Satyana and his newly found mother, but his mind was elsewhere. He couldn't help but think about the losses they all recently suffered. Soldin's final moments especially, kept replaying through his mind...

He couldn't help but blame Issac and Satyana for not listening to him, and while he still held a bit of a grudge, he didn't harbor any serious hatred or dislike for either of them, just a bit of anger.

Flogir

Flogir pulled up a chair beside Rahvin and looked around. The hotel itself was quite bare and perhaps a little dusty from it being underused for the last few weeks. Other than that, it still seemed comfortable enough.

He took a sip from his ordered ale. He sighed in satisfaction as the brew hit his stomach.

"I definitely needed this after going through what I've been through the last few weeks," he said reflectively. His pleased expression soured a bit. "Of course, it'll be short-lived knowing that that army is basically right on our doorstep. I plan to enlist and help out this army too. My thinking is that if the Imperial City falls, the smaller cites don't stand a chance... You'd think they would make some changes after the Oblivion Crisis. You'd think they would realize that we need a stronger unified military instead of all these private garrisons. Because when you think about it, all the Counts and Countesses are under the Imperial Council. The Imperial Guard should outnumber a private garrison in each city!" Flogir uttered in frustration.

He then realized that perhaps he went a little overboard and look apologetically to the others.

"Sorry 'bout that," his attention turned specifically to Rahvin, "Looks like you've been busy yourself. You brought some extra company along and I wouldn't mind hearing about how that came to pass."

Rahvin

"Well, I've known Brianna for quite some time. To make a long story short, she's Rann's mother. She caught up with me in Chorrol shortly after you all left. Then Sadril came and we decided to track down Satyana and Rann's other sister. But where Rann's part dunmer and Satyana's part nord, this other one is altmer. Goes by the name Amrita. She's one to watch out for; she was stolen and raised by a witch. Well, we found her, but she joined Veric; the same man that tried to have Brianna killed twenty years ago so that she wouldn't give birth. Somehow, those three pose a threat to Veric. I suspected that Veric had returned, and she confirmed it. And really take care when believing what Sadril says; he works both sides and always has. I just didn't know he'd take it so far..."

Aerona

"So...is he with the Silhouette too?" she asked, curious about her older vampire counterpart.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jun 17 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

OCC: I'll be leaving later today, so don't expect any replies or such before or around 4:00.

Kirana

Finally breaking her silence, she advised to Ian alone. "Ian, you have more of an idea of who this person is than I do, but he does not seem trustworthy to me. I respect that you want him out of your head, but you're just giving him what he wants."

"I will not attempt to interfere if you choose to go along with this, but I want you to have at least some idea of what consequences freeing this person will create. Don't make a mistake that could have a great cost for all of us.." Kirana retreated, beginning to search for her own answers, to questions she wasn't entirely sure about.

Ian

He stopped in the middle of the Elven Gardens District, in part to both Kirana and the voice's advise. Ian replied to neither before continuing, he would locate this glove when the others were unaware, and then he hoped to get some answers, from the voice or Rann whichever was more willing to explain this item.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jun 17 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir looked over to the table Brianna, Rann, and the others sat. He turned back around.

"How 'bout that..." he mused, "Three kids, three different races. That's one of the strangest things I've heard. And this Veric character doesn't sound too pleasing. Sounds like he could be a thorn in our side, and we seem to have plenty of those at the moment."

Flogir shrugged his shoulders at Aerona's comment before draining his ale.

"Well if that's it for now, I gotta go enlist. I'll probably be back here a little later. Glad to see you're doing all right after all this time, Rahvin" he said offering the Dunmer a parting handshake.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 19 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

Rahvin

He shrugged to Aerona's question just before Flogir excused himself. Rann stood and took his handshake.

"I'll see you around, I'm sure," he responded as a parting comment.

Sitting back down, he and Aerona began to chat.

OOC: we really need minque do to much else...

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 19 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Jun 19 2007, 04:26 PM) *

OOC: we really need minque do to much else...

OOC: Heh..feels good to be needed! biggrin.gif

Brianna
Brianna smiled when Flogir commented on the fact that her children had blood from three different races. It was weird, she could admit that, but also quite possible, which was proved by the fact that it really happened. She decided not to think too much about it, just accept it.

She nodded goodbye at Flogir and turned to the others. Issac was a polite young man so she gave him her hand.

"Iīs indeed very nice to meet you as well, Issac" she said, still holding his hand she continued:

"I see you have some feelings for my daughter?"

Weird....my daughter! I donīt even know the girl! And from the look in her face Iīm not sure she would like to know me!..And Rann! why is he angry? And with whom?

Satyana

She didnīt know what to say to her mother, she didnīt know her and didnīt feel anything towards her. Rann and Issac were her family, and this woman just had to earn her place in it..like anyone.

She looked at her brother and her lover......

Gah, why canīt you two get me out of this? Iīm not prepared to meet some mother-figure, not just now!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aifïŋ―iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Jun 19 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Veric

"Perhaps we should kill him," Altair replied to Voltar. He nodded a 'thanks for the drink' before taking a sip of his own glass.

"...Or we could find some way to make him an unreliable source. Frame him for murder or the like.

"And the presence you sense would be Amrita. Brianna's third child. She's probably lurking around in the shadows. My absence was consumed by a test of sorts. She's got spunk."

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jun 20 2007, 01:10 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Voltar

Voltar nodded about Amrita and glanced back in a casual manner. Discretely, he attempted to try to visualize the invisible Altmer yet to no avail.

"Well she does certainly possess some interesting qualities. It's nice to know that one of them is completely on our side as well," Voltar replied.

"As for the Argonian, I believe we can use the others' distrust for him to get rid of him. Of course, killing him would make any and all suspicions he possesses to disappear," Voltar mused, "Either works to my thinking. Flint and likely Flogir could be swayed to get rid of him, and with those two, the others should follow along."

Flogir

Flogir nodded to those who acknowledged his leaving. Leaving the Hotel revealed that a crowd had formed in the plaza as the General who let them enter the city had given a rallying speech. This made things quite easier as he soon found the appropriate person to enlist himself.

After enlisting himself on wall defense, Flogir decided he would peruse the walls and get familiar with them.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Jun 21 2007, 04:30 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Patholos

Sneaking off into a dark alley, Patholos pondered whether the city would hold against the Akaviri Snakemen. If the city fell, the Narza'Tai would most certainly be destroyed, unless they could bluff their way out of death. Not likely though.

Rounding a corner, Patholos stopped. The street he was on was completely empty, not a soul to be found. Patholos gasped as a black cloud only his vision could reveal began to manifest right in the middle of the street. It spoke to him in a strange magical manner, that confused and scared Patholos.

"I am what was Mannimarco........I am what was Mannimarco........I am........Mannimarco......."

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 21 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann noticed that the conversation was turning towards Satyana and Issac, which meant away from him. It provided an excellent opportunity to extricate himself. He was tired physically, mentally, and most of all, emotionally. All he wanted was an hour or two of sleep.

"I hate to seem rude, but I'm going to get some sleep. It was good to finally meet you, Brianna," he said in farewell as he stood up. He didn't use the word 'mom' because he wasn't quite sure if it fit or not...

With a wave, he walked outside, figuring that all the rooms in the inn would be taken. He wandered to the waterfront where his mentor Sel lived. He stood in front of the humble shack and knocked on the door.

The Silhouette

The Silhouuette's army was at a standstill as their leader stood atop a hill, staring at the Imperial City. He was obviously deep in thought, even though his face was not visible through the black robes.

After a long period of time, he strode into his tent, where his five generals awaited his orders. Three of the generals were Akaviri tcaesi, one was a goblin cheiftain, and the last was the elected leader of the now-combined vampire clans.

He addressed two of the Akaviri generals; the two with the largest army, "I want your soldiers to stand ready along Lake Rumare; surround the city and ensure nothing leaves or enters the city but our own."

To the goblin cheiftain, "Your goblins will be the main invading force; the first to go in and kill. Take no prisoners."

"And you, vampire, will use your clans to plan assassinations. With key leaders gone, morale and tact will suffer."

Four of the generals left to do as they were told, and the final tcaesi remained, still awaiting orders.

"You, my friend, will stay with me. We will stay separate from the rest, ready to strike at the most opportune time..."

The snakeman smiled, "I like the way you used goblins as fodder. Disgusting creatures."

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 26 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood.

Flint got tired of all the noise and wandered back outside. He just picked streets at random till in the end, he found himself on top of the outermost city wall. From there, he had a magnificent view of the countryside, and the army surrounding it.
,,Ah, crap. Seeing this sure doesn't manage to keep up my spirits. Wow, at times like these you'd wish everyone had the common sense to dabble with alternate means of transportation."

Green-Root.

Green-Root had been rumbling along in his pack out of pure boredom.
,,Hey, how did this get here?" He hissed, taking out a large and rather worn looking book.
,,Oh yeah, the female Altmer had these." He muttered to himself and glanced over at Tenek who so far did not seem to have noticed his find. He put it back in the pack and thought, while chewing on a raw Slaughterfish.

,,This is worth a lot. I'd better hide it, gives me something to bargain with. I bet that someone, a mage like her perhaps, would be more than willing to pay for this." He put the pack on his back and walked out of the door.
,,I'm going to scout for a bit, check on the army and grab some more fish to eat." He said to Tenek and walked outside.
,,Hmm, the young Dunmer." Green-Root noted to himself but did not greet Rann. Things would likely dissolve into barely restrained hostilities again and he had better things to do. The Argonian dove into the water outside the shack and swam around the lake till he'd found a densely packed pile of rocks and seewead.

He checked the depth he was at.
,,Good, any swimmer will spend most of his air supply with reaching the bottom." He used his spear as a lever to push off a few of the boulders. He put his pack in the gap he'd created and then placed the boulders back where they had been. To any outside observer, there was nothing that could clue towards what had been hidden here, or even if there had been anything hidden.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jun 27 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

"Aren't we the pessimistic one?" Flogir asked Flint as he walked up to him. He had noticed him looking out to the surrounding area on the walls, he was actually surprized that Flint didn't see him up there doing the same thing.

Once he got close enough to Flint to talk comfortably he stopped, sighed and leaned forward, resting his arms upon the top of the wall. He stared out at the army that seemed huge even at the distance they were at.

"It is an awfully big army isn't it?" he asked rhetorically, his eyes still fixated past the walls. After a few moments he turned to Flint and patted the walls. "But at least we got these to help protect us. It'll take more than a ram to break these things down, I've been making sure of that."

Still, he thought, there's going to be a lot of lives lost before this final battle ends... Maybe we'll figure out some way to lower casualties...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jun 27 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

OCC: had to rush, won't post until I get back......

Issac

"Yes, that is true," He replied. Issac noticed Satyana's unease at the moment, and he took the opportunity when Rann excused himself.

"We've all had a long journey here; perhaps it would be a good idea to have some much needed respite before we continue." He said politely.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 29 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood

Flint chuckled.
,,Pessimism is my middle-name." He joked and sighed.
,,I guess it's not as bad as I feel it is. I'm just not used to siege warfare. I'm used to knocking people off their feet and getting the hell out of there. I'm not much good when forced to stick to one place."

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jun 29 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

"Given those swords of yours, I think you picking off siege equipment will be quite easy for you to do. We just gotta make sure that none of their mages attempt to bother us. But who knows? The chaos of battle can make things unpredictable. For all we know, the plague could suddenly strike their army and virtually do all the killing for us," he smiles ruefully, "But that last part is probably wishful thinking."

He puffed his cheeks and blew out the air as a sign of nervousness. "How long do you think it'll take them to get here? Tomorrow, maybe the next day?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 29 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood.

Flint nodded.
,,I can do that. It's going to take some precision leaping, but it will do." He answered and then looked down at the ground just outside the walls.
,,But what if they try to infiltrate through the sewers? After going through Argonia, sludging through the mess in those tunnels will be child's play for them. We can't hold the walls and the sewers at the same time. Maybe we should try to block them off or something."

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:59 PM