Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir Is Human II- Playground XIII, the 13th....
Dantrag
post Aug 5 2007, 04:00 AM
Post #41

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

It often does. he thought bitterly.

"I know that you're plotting against Altair," he said flatly.

"I know you don't like the guy, but this is going too far. I mean, a shapeshifter? Are you kidding me?"

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 5 2007, 04:28 AM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

Issac

"Whether or not he truly is capable of it, Altair has been trying to get us to support his agenda, if he really wants a democrasy for that matter." He replied to Rann. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never spoken to you about anything personal pertaining himself."

"Never has he given us any kind of history or past about himself, like he just popped into existance the day the Chancellor died. And instead of working on the homefront trying to gain support and trying to contact the other provinces, he's spent the last few months wandering around Cyrodiil with us." Issac's voice steadily lost the calm, informative aspect as he went on.

"I grew up with more aristocrats than the amount of slaughterfish in Lake Rumare. Explain why a politician is prancing around with a band of mis-adventurers instead of drying up his inkwell in his study." The Altmer agent challenged, staring intensely at Rann.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 5 2007, 04:30 AM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 5 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann matched Issac's stare.

"With the Imperial City under siege, there is no political forefront. Where is he going to go to garner support when there's no longer anywhere to do it?"

"And about his history, it's not so strange that he doesn't talk about it. What do you know of my history before we met in Chorrol?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 5 2007, 04:49 AM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

Issac

"Family history?" He asked, in an annoyed tone. "Brianna Sarethi, the daughter of the Redoran nobles Serene and Athyn Sarethi, and Rhavin are your parents. You're profession is that of an assassin, just like your father's. And you worked for the Countess of Chorrol for most of your career, doesn't that sum it up, Rann?"

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 5 2007, 04:52 AM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"And how much of that have I personally told you about?" he pressed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 5 2007, 05:03 AM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

Issac

He muttered, "About half of what I've just recited, mostly because I've been close by when you were talking to Flogir and Jonath-" Issac stopped short of that particular name, remembering the young Breton who he had half-accidentally driven out of the group because of his lack of commitment.

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 5 2007, 05:09 AM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Aug 5 2007, 12:03 AM) *

Issac

He muttered, "About half of what I've just recited, mostly because I've been close by when you were talking to Flogir and Jonath-" Issac stopped short of that particular name, remembering the young Breton who he had half-accidentally driven out of the group because of his lack of commitment.

Rann

"Exactly," he replied, "You pieced it all together because of mutual acquaintances like the presence of my mother, grandmother, father, and Countess Valga. I never spoke a word of my history to you, and since we and Altair have no mutual friends, we don't know as much. Besides, I bet you'd like him even less if he went around boasting of his exploits."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 5 2007, 05:38 AM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

OCC: Actually, Rann and Issac first met in the Imperial City, but I don't think it matters.

Issac

"Flogir and Flint haven't hid their pasts very hard, we all know what they did." He countered, "And I grew up in this city, you might not have a highly political upbring, but I had to learn politics. I've never heard anyone by the name of Altair pushing for democrasy, in fact, no one by that name even worked within in the Elder Council!"

"I'm telling you, Rann, no politician named Altair walked into the Imperial Palace before we met him at Chancellor Ocato's death." Issac shook his head, "Put your faith in a mer who didn't exist before this went to Oblivion if you want, but expect me to follow you, Rann."

With that, the Altmer rose from his chair and began walking upstairs,

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 5 2007, 05:39 AM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 5 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"Maybe we should ask Soldin who to put faith in," he muttered, possibly a bit too loud.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 5 2007, 06:04 AM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

Ian, outside the Imperial City's Walls

Turning his gaze to the walls, Ian spotted at least eighteen archers nocking their arrows. The vampire did not break stride and continued to gaze at the men and women on the battlements with a blank mindlessness.
The sun made their silhouetes indistinct, dark shapes in the white glare. There was a moment when he saw a similar image, but only for a heartbeat. Then Ian's mind returned to his control and he closed the distance between himself and the Shadow Eaters, ignoring the archers completely.

He recognized Patholos immediately, the Dunmer's unique skin complexion reflecting some of the sun's radiance. Ian realized that his skin was beginning to sizzle under the sun's powerful rays. With haste, the vampire dragged Patholos and himself into the limited shade provided by the city walls.

The unwounded Shadow Eater followed moments later with his dying comrade slung over his shoulder. Once again, Ian looked up at the archers directly above him.

Issac

He didn't stopp as the name reached him. Still, Issac subtly reached down to grip one of his katana, but what stopped him was the realization that he was reached for the very blade he'd killed Kirana with so he let his hand fall to his side.

I Hope things work out for you, Rann. Issac thought as he ascended the stairway to the rooms.
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 5 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #51

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Aug 5 2007, 05:00 AM) *

Rann

It often does. he thought bitterly.

"I know that you're plotting against Altair," he said flatly.

"I know you don't like the guy, but this is going too far. I mean, a shapeshifter? Are you kidding me?"

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Aug 5 2007, 06:47 AM) *

Rann

"Maybe we should ask Soldin who to put faith in," he muttered, possibly a bit too loud.

Satyana

"RANN!, How could you? You just HAD to rub it in my face, right??" Satyana jumped to her feet, standing in front of Rann and Issac, shivering with anger and sorrow, tears spurting out of her eyes.

She turned around, trying very hard to compose herself..

How can he be so mean? He knows how I feel about Soldin..he knows!

"Didn´t Rahvin teach you at least some courtesy?" she asked silently

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 5 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"I may be rude at times, but at least I never stabbed you in the back," he answered.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 5 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #53

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Aug 5 2007, 04:22 PM) *

Rann

"I may be rude at times, but at least I never stabbed you in the back," he answered.

Satyana

"NO????? what did you just do, dear brother? Don´t you think I´m sorry for Soldin??? huh? I have to live with it, that I caused his death...you don´t!!! Besides...I just stood by Issac and Ian in this Altair-matter, it was definitely no harm to you in it...it´s Issac who I´m going to spend my life with..not you!!!"

Satyana´s eyes were dark from anger....her fists clenched

He never gives up....gah, how can we possibly have the same mother???...He at least has a father!.....I..I have nothing!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Aug 5 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #54

Knower
Group Icon

OOC: Just going to add more fuel for Ian, maybe a little pain sent from Kirana to Ian via the previous connection,

Mannimarco

Feeling a slight ripple in the link, Mannimarco pulled hard, and found that a soul had entered the Soul Gem. Mannimarco knew immediately who was in the gem, and he licked his lips in anticipation. He summoned an undead woman to his side, and bound it to the ground. Then Mannimarco embedded the Black Soul Gem in the undead's torso, and the stone began to shine. Mannimarcio knew there would be limited feeling, due to the fact that the Gem is blocking the soul from entering the body, but, he allowing the Gem to act as a canister, granting Kirana control of the dead body.

Mannimarco laughed, then lit the corpse on fire.

Patholos

"I'm bleeding to death," he said to Ian, clutching a stomach wound. Patholos looked up at the vampire, wondering why the vampire decided to save him. "I don't have very long, please, get my master," Patholos groaned and then watched the wounded Shadow Eater breathe his last breath. The other Shadow Eater fell to one knee, and a single tear fell down his cheek. The Shadow Eater closed the eyes of his dead brother and then went to find Karn.

Patholos sent a message through the psychic waves, pleading for Karn. The message said that Patholos is dying, Karn is needed on the shore. Patholos turned his head to the water, and saw many snakemen swimming towards them. Patholos untied his eye bandage, and let his head rest against a rock.

OOC: Don't know if I want Patholos to die yet, Ian could offer vampirism and make Patholos decide whether or not to become a vampire...

Astratus

A lieutenant burst into Astratus's tent, and said, "Sir, snakemen approaching the shoreline, archers in position, waiting for the order. Also, there are three people on the shoreline and one body, sir."

Astratus grimaced and then said, "So it begins,..., You have the order lieutenant, sent them to Oblivion." Astratus took a bow from his weapon cache and went to join the archers on the wall. He looked back at Karn and said, "You coming?"

OOC: Stole a one-liner than was used in the siege of Bruma, oh well, Astratus might have just enticed the Silhouette to attack...

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 5 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

Karn

Feeling the psychic pull of his lieutenant, Karn nodded and stood. "Some of my people are on the beach, I'll meet you there." With that he dissappeared in a black cloud, and arrived just outside the city walls. He looked to his right and spotted Patholos and Ian, along with the body of the dead Shadow Eater.

Ian

Ian didn't speak until Karn appeared in a small could of black smoke. Before the sensei could speak, "Give Patholos some healing potions, I'll help deal with the Tsaesci!" Whatever Karn had intended to do, the Dunmer nodded producing a large vial to give to his second.

Meanwhile, Ian keenly felt the burning sensationfrom across the lake. The suffering further fueled his fury. One Tsaesci rose from the lake and stepped onto shore, only to he hit in the shoulder by one of the Dunmer archers.

The vampire closed the distance within seconds and sliced off the snakeman's weapon hand, and bit the ailing creature's neck. As much of the snake's blood splattered onto his already bloodied robes as was drunk.
As the limp body fell onto the sand, Ian stood, the sun no longer burning his flesh. By this time, even the burning of the undead corpse had subsided, but the vampire's resolve had not dulled.

Raising his arms and bracing his legs in a fighting stance, the Imperial beckoned the Tsaesci crossing the lake onward to death.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Aug 5 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #56

Knower
Group Icon

Patholos

The restorative juices from the vial began to form new flesh were there was none and close gaps in Patholos's body. A strange green tint formed around his eye sockets, as if the eyes would heal, but the tint faded and teh eyesockets remained empty. Patholos placed his hand on Karn, and said, "Sensei, that is the second time you have saved me, I feel ashamed. I let our brothers down, and we lost seven,...," A strange thing happened then to Patholos, and it shouldn't have happened. He cried. There were no tears, for Patholos had no eyes, but he cried no the less. He reached up to Karn and hugged him, then said, "Sensei, we lost seven, forgive me." Then Patholos fell unconscious.

Astratus

Seeing that one of the archers hit the snakeman in the shoulder, Astratus yelled congratulations at the archer. Then he notched along with fifteen other archers, and the sixteenth in the firing line set the distance.
"Seventy yards, windage none. Aim, LOOSE!" And the command was followed by the twang of bowstrings and the soft thud of arrows finding their mark.

OOC: Mannimarco is in a fury, he will send the dead until the Sil stops him...

Mannimarco

Tearing the Gem out of the ashen corpse, Mannimarco placed it in the top of his staff. He then filtered all his magic through his staff, a risky manouerve, but he used his staff as a conduit. All the dark and vile magic was being focused and released through the stone at the head of the staff. He summoned the lake's dead, the surrounding valley's dead, and the dead on the way to the city. In a matter of moments, five hundred corpses lined the shore. Mannimarco siphoned magicka from another mage and then set the dead on their course.

The problem Mannimarco forgot to address in his madness, is that the dead will decompose three times the rate of a normal corpse, and that the tissue won't animate if there is less than three fourths of the original body still entact. Mannimarco was sending drowned bodies, old bodies, sick bodies, and maimed bodies towards the wall, and any arrow well aimed could dispatch the walking abominations.

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 5 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

Karn

He looked down at Patholos, then patted his unconscious lieutenant on the shoulder. Karn glanced at the unwounded, Shadow Eater. "Take him back to the sewers, now is the time for you to rest." The Shadow Eater nodded solemnly, picking up Patholos and leaving to find on of the sewer grates. The Dunmer, started the dead Shadow Eater's humble pyre.

Karn turned to face the shore, and started walking towards the beachline. Quietly, under his breath, the Narza Tai Sensei muttered. "....And those should who fall shall live on, their spirits still among us, inspiring us, watching over us....."

"Their flesh purified by the fire's radiance, their essense shall forever remain uncorruptible to those who would seek to defile them....." The sensei stopped as he reached the water's edge, standing beside the red-robed Ian.

Both men's gazes met, the archers of Astratus continued to fire upon the horde of snakes and animated corpses. Karn and Ian nodded respectfully, for this one moment, they were fighting for the same cause and against the same enemy.

Karn shifted his gaze back to the oncoming horde, and unsheathed his blade. Both assassin and agent charged toward the first arrivals of the invading force, cleaving through scales and decaying flesh in an epic war dance.

The Narza Tai

As their leader fought on the shores below, several spellcasters arrived on the battlements beside the Morrowind archers. Without explaining themselves, they hurled spells and curses upon the distant enemy. Small explosions and freezing winds ravaged the oncoming swarm.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Aug 5 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #58

Knower
Group Icon

Astratus

Inspiring by the beautiful yet terrifying dance that took place just below him, Astratus felt fire burn in his soul. He wanted to join them, to fight and bleed with them, but he was a commander, and that was not his place. Astratus ordered the men only to fire into the rear of the invaders, at risk of hitting the two fighters. Astratus noticed the casters and ordered more magicka potions brought to the wall. He went from soldier to soldier encouraging and motivating, and he shouted with his men at every kill.

Astratus left the firing line, and went to a higher point on the wall. The dead began their assualt, and dark energy rippled from the opposite shoreline. Astratus drew The Cause, the great two handed sword that never left his side, and swung it above his head. Soldiers in the plaza and all around brought their gaze up to the shining steel up on the wall. And Astratus yelled,

"Two men are fighting valiantly outside, unaided, while we sit safe in this stone fortress. Do you wish to die, old and alone, freezing down to your marrow? Do you wish any more death, death of the innoncent, or the courageous? Open the gate, AID THOSE MEN!"

--------------------

- Ivan Turgenev

- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 5 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #59

Wise Woman
Group Icon

OOC: Ok so now I´ll post Brianna, just to get "the thing" between Rahvin and her started. They could dwell in that room for at least the two weeks I´m away! tongue.gif . Oh and don´t worry I will keep this post decent ... wink.gif

Brianna

Rahvin kicked the door shut after they entered the room. It was a small room, but the bed looked alright, it wasn´t very big but it had clean bedclothes, and there was a small table beside it, with a lonely candle. He let her down and closed the curtains. The candle spread an eerie light, but both Brianna and Rahvin only had eyes for each other.

They were standing chest to chest for a short while, just looking at each other. Brianna put her hands around Rahvin´s face, kissed him gently and then loosened his long black hair from its ponytail. She drew her hands through it and smiled.

"Rahvin, Rahvin, at last!" she whispered, then gently pushing him towards the bed and onto it. She laid down beside him, still playing with his hair...

"Do not move, dearest, just let me do this to you, I´ve been waiting so long"

She slowly started to unbutton his shirt, one button after another, all the time looking him right into his eyes.

Then she carressed his dark chest, put her chin to it and closed her eyes.

I could stay like this for the rest of my life....Oh I want him so much!

She continued the undressing....every move she made was slow and affectionate, they had all the time in the world....

OOC: Oh yes, I could describe what more she did, but I won´t....just now, let them stay there, they have a lifetime to catch up with, those things take time, I promise! tongue.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 5 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

Issac

Standing near a window, he noticed all the soldiers gathered outside. As the soldier moved to the gates, Issac turned and left his room, intent on joining the troops. Downstairs, he ran into Rann and Satyana.

The Altmer stopped, then snapped at Rann. "I've very close to cursing you right now, Rann, but this isn't the time. Are you just going to sit there and sip wine, or are you going to make yourself useful and join the soldiers rushing out of the gates to fight the Silhouette's army?"

Not even waiting, much less caring for, Rann's reaction, Issac turned to Satyana, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Satyana," he said softly to her. "We have to help them now."

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 6 2007, 01:57 AM
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:57 AM