Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oasis chapter 3, In the enemies lair. Umm, mushroom.
Agent Griff
post Mar 26 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #21

Knower
Group Icon

From what I've read of your story so far Tellie, Baladas seems like a nice guy. But I saw how he tore up those Dark Brotherhood assasins which attacked Telina so there's no telling how he might act when he meets an outsider.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 26 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Glad you all liked it.
Oh Griff, by the end of the story he'll be likely even more uber than when he freaked out against those Telvanni guards. You have been warned. smile.gif

Anyway, I decided to keep Baladas somewhat peacefull. If I would have him start flinging spells like in Telendil's story, mine would be ended prematurely. (Or I would have to start with Luper the ghost laugh.gif )
Update time!

,,Good. Now, you can find our friend in Gnisis. There are some other things you might want to do first though. Baladas is a scholar of sorts and specializes in the Dwemer. So if you could find any books on the Dwemer, it might make him a bit friendlier to you. Now if you would be so kind, I have more important matters to attend to.” A little bit later, I found myself outside Vos again.

Gnisis, eh? That was on the other side of the island. Why did people always had to make things so hard? Oh well, it wasn’t like I couldn’t take care of this, it would just take time and money.

I started by recalling back to the mage hall in Sadrith Mora. There, I released the powers in my amulet of shadows to become invisible. After that, I persuaded the guild guide to send me to Balmora. Officially, I had been banished from the guild, so appearing through guild guide would land me in trouble. But being invisible would only tell them that someone had made use of the guild guide, not who. I would draw one hell of a lot of attention to myself, but they wouldn’t know it was me. Perfect.

The Balmora guild guide had just enough time to notice that someone had arrived before I had already performed an Almsivi intervention to the front of the temple. By the time the Chameleon spell wore off, I had already entered my house. I dumped all the books I’d gathered that were written in the Dwemer language in a bag and then activated a second charge of my amulet which held out long enough for me to run to the Silt Strider that took me to Gnisis.

The guards directed me to Baladas but also warned me not to irritate him. Apparently, he had put one of them in jail a while back. One psycho mage who was easily offended. I love my job.

His house was an artificial cave. After knocking politely on the door, I went in. Within three seconds, I’d already wasted a Rat. I hoped this wasn’t a personal pet of his. As I explored the eerily empty house, I ran into a few more of the little critters. Finally, I came to a locked door. I managed to open it with the help of a key I’d found earlier and went through.

What was next might have been a bit embarrassing. Anyway, the moment I saw the scaly figure standing before me with its mouth wide open, I pulled out my sword and took cover behind a few crates, ready to fight for my life. But the Daedroth turned out to be of the friendly sort. It yawned, and walked to a room upstairs.

,,Now please, don’t scare my Daedroth like that!” An angry voice said upstairs. A few seconds later, the Daedroth came back, accompanied by a Sphere Centurion and a Dark Elf. I had met Baladas Demnevanni.

,,You better explain what you are doing here fast before I lose my patience, mage.” He continued, looking very angry. How did he figure out that I’m a mage?
,,I come here on behalf of master Aryon of Tel Vos. He would….”
,,That young fool? It must be about the council again.” Baladas interrupted me. He then turned to his Centurion.
,,Go and fetch those rats he killed on the way in. The Daedroth looks like he could use a good meal.” Oh crap, this guy was getting scarier by the second.

,,Now, since you appear to be rather skilled in the school of Alteration, I might give you a chance. Just get me a couple of books and we’ll talk. I want Antecedents of Dwemer Law, Nchunak’s Fire and Faith and finally, Chronicles of Nchuleft. I am quite sure that you can find all these books in Vivec. Now I’ll give you a few days.” He began to turn, but stopped.
,,Anything else, mage?” He asked. Alright, time to see what my books would do.

,,I have heard that you are a skilled scholar. I was wondering if you know how to read these books I have. I believe they are written in the Dwemer language.” I said and handed over the bag.
,,Oh yes, interesting pictures and Dwemer runes. I am afraid to admit it, but I can’t read it. No one can.”

He opened the last book and his eyes went wide.
,,This, this is written in both Dwemer and Aldmeris. This is the key! The key I’ve been looking for so long! I thank you, mage. While you go fetch my books, I’ll attempt to translate these for you.” Finally, I seemed to have gotten on his good side. When I walked out through the door, I had to step aside for the Centurion that came back with the rats in its hands.

A few Silt Strider trips later, I arrived in Vivec, city of annoying guards and long walks. Maybe I should try to repeat my little book theft in the library at the hall of Wisdom. It would beat paying for those books.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 26 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #23

Knower
Group Icon

Great update, loved it! I also liked Baladas's reactions, especially the fetch the rats bit because the Daedroth was hungry. Great use of dialogue. Can't wait for the next update.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 27 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

You asked and you shall receive. I've tied up a few loose ends in Vivec first. Such as where I got some of my in game weapon collection from.

No such luck though. Either the Ordinators were in an overly paranoid mood, or I was wearing a huge sign on my head. Anyway, after a few tense moments, I was directed to the hall of justice where they told me everything I didn’t want to know.

When I came out, I was less than pleased. Ok, so we’ve got a mass murderer running around who kills Ordinators like Scribs and I’m the one they send after it. Am I lucky or what? Their suspect was identified as a Dunmer woman wearing Netch leather and using a dagger. Great, and how many of those where there in the whole freaking city?

My luck hadn’t totally abandoned me, though.
,,You better leave while you can, Outlander. If you don’t, Dagoth Ur shall devour your flesh and desecrate your bones.” Phew, these Dark Elves sure had a lot of imagination.
,,Look, go bother someone else, Ok?! I don’t have time for any stupid ramblings about Dagoth Ur! I’m looking for an Ordinator killer here! So go and take a hike!” I shouted in the face of the woman who was conveniently wearing Netch leather and holding one hand not so subtly near a dagger. It was when she ran off that I realized who I’d been talking to.

Cursing myself, I gave chase but found out that I was a bit too slow to catch up with her. Finally, I entered the waistworks of the Foreign Canton and stood there wondering where the little bloodthirsty elf had gone. Only one answer, the place with the worst smell.
I went deeper into the Canton and kicked open one of the trapdoors leading to the sewers. After making sure that no one was waiting for me, I descended into the sewers.

Phew, I’d forgotten how bad the smell was. I just couldn’t figure out why people always had to hide here when I came looking for them. Anyway, I crawled through the sewers, whacking a rat from time to time. First thing I found was an Orc who was guarding a Daedric shrine. I treated him to a mouthful of water when he became aggressive and moved on.

In the end, I came across the Ordinator killer.
,,Hello, miss. Seen any Ordinators today?” I said as I unsheathed my sword. Just a single woman wearing crappy armour and a little dagger. Now where was the threat in that?
I moved forward and swung at the elf, who rolled away and stabbed me in the leg with that annoying dagger. Suddenly, I felt really tired. My eyes began to close when I broke the spell with a reenergizing spell of my own. I lunged at the elf again, who evaded this second blow as easily as the first. Mostly cause that spell from that dagger was still slowing me down.

The next moment, she hit me in the eyes with a spell that blinded me. Crap, you can’t fight what you can’t see. But you can fight what you can hear. I’d been experimenting with my favourite school, the school of Alteration, and came up with a spell that increases my hearing. I casted it and focussed on the footsteps that now sounded like loud thunder. The Elf was sneaking to my rear. I waited till the footsteps stopped before crouching while simultaneously spinning around with my sword. I was rewarded with the satisfying sound of glass piercing flesh.

When my vision finally returned, the killer was lying dead at my feet. That was easier than I’d expected. Ok, who was I kidding. I’d come way too close to dying again. Maybe I should’ve just remained behind the bars in Cyroddill. I could use some entertainment right now to get my mind of this.

I went to the sewers in St Olms, washed the Nord standing guard out of the sewers, activated my amulet of Shadows and entered the shrine. Inside, there where three cultists doing their stuff. They were quite rich also. One was wearing a full set of Ebony as well as having what could only be a Daedric Longsword at his side. Then there was a cultist with a crossbow and finally one with a Dwemer shortsword. Maybe I should join the cult, it seems to be a quick path to wealth.

But all that expensive stuff could prove problematic. I crept up behind the guy in Ebony. Fortunately, he wasn’t wearing his helmet. Probably cause it was too hot or something. I used telekinesis to lift up a piece of Raw Ebony they were offering and hurled it into his face which send him crashing down to the floor. One quick stab later, and mister heavy armour was out of the game.

I had underestimated the other cultists. The one with the crossbow fired at the area above his fallen friend and only barely missed my face while the one with the shortsword ran in at full speed while slashing at the air. I dodged the shortsword and hit the owner in the back with my own sword. A fireball finished the job. That left the crossbow.

He had wedged himself in a corner that I couldn’t approach without entering his field of fire. Lucky me. And my Chameleon spell wore of at this moment. Of course I was spotted instantly.
,,Ha ha, it appears we are at a standoff. If I move, I loose my aim. If you move, I put a bolt right between your eyes. What are you going to do, Redguard?” He laughed. Ok, time to repeat history.
,,True, but what if the furniture moves?” I responded and did the good old trick with the falling statue again. Oh, how I love to telekinetically drop tonnes of steel on my foes.

I stripped the guy wearing Ebony of his armour. I also picked up his sword. Man, that thing was heavy. I could barely lift it with both my hands, how was I supposed to swing it with one hand? I hid it all underwater in the sewers. Due to its weight, it would stay put for later pick up. Now I wonder what the authorities would think of me now that I’d killed that woman who was slaughtering Ordinators? I wonder if it would mean an improvement of their vocabulary beyond the word scum.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 27 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #25

Knower
Group Icon

Very interesting way to blend the quest lines. I must say, at first I thought the same thing about the woman with the dagger. I thought to myself: "Come on! She has a little CHITIN dagger! And netch leather, who the heck uses these things?" but that assasin almost killed me. Better learn my lesson next time. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Mar 28 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

Great updates again. Luper is such a fun character to follow, with his sour pessimism. Yet beneath it, he follows his own code of honor.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 28 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

Thank you all. Anyway, one quick update before I finish the battle between Arthago and Taillus.

I must have made one hell of a strange sight, walking around with a corpse like that. I went into the office of the guy who gave me this mission and dropped my cargo on the floor.
,,I believe that this is what you where looking for?” I said.
,,What? Oh, yes, that will do. I take it that this dagger makes people sleep? That explains how those Ordinators were slain. Let me present you a gift. You can either have the armour of one of the death Ordinators or an enchanted belt.”

Ok, what was it going to be? The belt or the armour? Well, the armour was probably smelly, didn’t fit and just plain wasn’t my style so I took the belt. My old belt was little more than a bunch of rags so I could use the replacement. The shield spell was nice. Nothing I couldn’t beat with a bit of fingerwiggling, but nice. And if I ever wanted to pick up Ordinator armour for my collection, there were plenty of Ordinators walking around. I bet I could always sneak into their barracks and steal it from under their beds.

After all that, I decided to finally continue with my plan in the library.
,,You may have found the killer, but we’ll be watching you scum.” Wow, embarrassed that I did what you couldn’t do with your whole army of arrogant, selfish, rude smelly Ordinators? That did it. I went out of view, released the powers in my favourite amulet to become invisible and dropped a whole rack of books on the Ordinator. That should teach him some manners. I also took a copy of Chronicles of Nchuleft with me.

The next day was uneventful, I paid Jobasha a visit to get the second book on my list and then went back to the sewers to pick up the loot from the Daedric shrine. One recall later, and I was back in Sadrith Mora where I piled it all up behind a curtain.
,,Luper Alkad, when you reach the rank of Mouth please make the Telvanni build you a stronghold. My guild is getting a bit full here with your goods.” Skink commented with light amusement. Maybe he was right. Having a nice big home would be great, considering all the things I collect.

I repeated the trick with the invisible traveller to get to Balmora. Jobasha had suggested that I checked up on the local bookstore for my last book. This guy knew his stuff. With the last book in my possession, I took a Silt Strider to Gnisis.

,,Ah, thank you. You have been very helpful, mage. Now I shall help you.” Baladas told me when he received his books. He looked tired, but bristling with energy at the same time. Phew, what a bit of good old fashioned motivation couldn’t do with people.
,,How did your translations go?” I asked him.

,,Yes, yes. I copied all three books in their entirety. I’ll give you the originals since you where the one who found them. While I was copying, I’ve learned the Dwemer runes and managed to translate a fair bit. Here are some notes on the whole thing. In short, the Dwemer tried to turn themselves into gods but failed and disappeared. Supposedly, no one has ever unlocked the secret behind immortality.” He put a large emphasis on the word supposedly.

He was thinking the same thing I was thinking. The Tribunal weren’t gods, they were Elves who had unlocked the secret behind immortality after the war with the Dwemer. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dwemer where the source of this immortality.

Immortality, that might be why Dagoth Ur was still alive after all these years. Wait a minute, I had to be going nuts here. Of course he wasn’t alive. All these Dreamers where just trying to be interesting and asking to be noticed. Dagoth Ur was death, he wouldn’t come back and this Nerevarine was the biggest lie since I heard the one about Tiber Septim being a talking horse. And while we where on the subject, I should really try to figure out a sleeping potion of sorts that allows me to spend the night without getting freaking dreams about a guy with a golden mask. What the hell did Caius want with this Nerevarine dude and Dagoth Ur?

I just hoped that Caius would give me a few more days before sending the empire after me. I just couldn’t go spying for two different factions at the same time. I spent the night at Baladas’s house before making the trip to Tel Vos. There I was officially named as the mouth of Master Aryon and I received a fancy Silver Staff with funny markings as the symbol of my office.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 29 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Update! Can you find the sci-fi reference? smile.gif

Staff in hand, I paid the council hall in Sadrith Mora a visit and entered the hermitage. There I met Llunela Hleran, who was apparently the master of mushroom growing. How nice. Either way, when I asked her about strongholds she handed me the big soul gems and told me that she could build me a stronghold if I did two things for her.

One, I needed to get a contract from the duke in Ebonheart to make the whole stronghold legal, as well as marking it on the map of any one who felt like sending an assassin after me. She didn’t say anything about the assassin stuff of course, but it would be just something for me to get a house that becomes a hot spot for murderous freaks.
Secondly, she wanted me to fill the soul gems with two souls of a Storm Atronach or something even better. That would pose a problem, I’d never even seen an Atronach before, and going toe to toe with a Dremora didn’t sound like fun. I’d have to figure out something.

Yep, I had just the idea. I’ve stuck out my neck for the mage guild often enough, so it was time that they did something for me. So I went with my demands over to Skink who was happy to bring me two greater soul gems filled with decent souls if I would just move my stuff out of his hall when the stronghold was done. No problem, that got rid of my soul shortage. With that out of the way, I took a boat to Ebonheart.

Inside the castle, I ran into a bit of a problem. I just couldn’t find the freaking duke! I knew where he was, but the door was locked and guarded by two moody guards wearing some really nice armour. They wouldn’t help me.

That left me with no other choice but to take out my trusty amulet of Shadows again. If I hadn’t met miss dancer and her friend, my life would have been much harder but I still hated those two. Anyway, I merged with my surroundings and pulled of one of these martial arts tricks Caius taught me before I went to spy on the Telvanni. I Put my hand around their neck, thumb on one side and the rest of the fingers on the other.

Some good old squeezing on the hotspots stopped the bloodflow to the brains as well as hitting their nerves in such a way that they were unable to move. Soon enough, they went unconscious and dropped to the floor. While the spell of my amulet was still working, I stripped them of their gorgeous armour and left the building. I hid the two sets of armour in some seaweed. No one would go take a swim with the slaughterfish, so I could pick it all up later. I then made my way back to where the guards where. They were still out cold. A bit of lockpicking later and I was ready to meet the duke.

I could kick myself in the head for my stupidity. All that effort and for what? I had broken into the duke’s bedroom! Damn! I just took all the clothes I could find and hid those next to the armour in the seaweed. On the third visit to the castle, I was finally smart enough to ask for directions and found the duke in just a few minutes.

Once inside, getting the contract was pathetically easy. I just had to swear some dumb old oath that I would protect the people, serve the duke, fight against the forces of evil and all that stuff. I just gave the stupid oath and walked out. I then went to pick up my fresh found loot and recalled back to Skink.

His hall was more full than ever. I was sure that he was getting annoyed by my collecting. I had more weapons and armour right now than your average legion barracks. Oh well, he managed to pull a few strings to get the souls of a Winged Twilight and a Golden Saint for “research”. I brought them to Llunela and then got on the ship to Vos. I slept on the ship.

Next morning, the ship arrived and I set off for the chamber of my patron. Aryon might be imperialized, but he still refused to build a decent ladder. Probably cause with the height that ladder should achieve, it would be rather expensive to find enough wood.

Aryon wasn’t quite happy to be honest. In fact, he was steaming mad.
,,Luper Alkad! Thank the Divines that you’ve come. I know it is not my place to ask this of you, but I really need someone to go to Odirniran and help my friend who lives there. I just got word from his pet Cliffracer that he is under attack by house Hlaalu. Please go there and help him out. By the time you arrive, he’ll likely be making a last stand at the top of his tower. Please, I beseech you!” Hold on, I was getting involved with the House wars? And this friend had to be really crazy to take a Cliffracer as a pet. Then again, if the Cliffracer was trained as a messenger, it would be a damn fast messenger.

I decided to go since House Hlaalu wasn’t my favourite house anyway. I had to take a fast ship to Tel Branora and then do some good old Island hopping. Odirniran was supposedly west of the shrine of Azura. Hmm, maybe I should pay that shrine a visit. I bet it was loaded with loot. But first I would beat up some Hlaalu.

PS: the part with the bedroom and the guards really happened, I never knew that the quest was that easy cause I was trying to get past the guards on the wrong side of the castle. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 29 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

hah...that's funny...I did the same thing...altough I actually killed the guards, I broke into his bedroom first, then the room opposite, then through the secret door, found the lords mail...and I gave up finding him..laugh.giftongue.gif....of course i found him eventually, when i decided that I was going to find the guy...found him straight away...biggrin.gif

But I loved this update, filled with the usual humor, and interesting comment.

poor Skink, his hall is getting filled up...weell good thing you're gonna get you own house smile.gif.

So please give us more Oasis as soon as possible...I'll give you cake.gif when you update..biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 29 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #30

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Mar 28 2006, 04:58 PM)
Great updates again.  Luper is such a fun character to follow, with his sour pessimism.  Yet beneath it, he follows his own code of honor.

Yes indeed! And your update-frequency is incredible! I go to work one day ....and what happens? Mr Cloudy-man has made about three or four updates in a row! That is juuuust amazing

So you deserve:

1. viking.gif a Milanius

2. cake.gif a cake

3. goodjob.gif a jona

for your efforts!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 30 2006, 06:49 AM
Post #31

Knower
Group Icon

Good work on the latest update. The bit with the guards was unexpected but enjoyable. I'm curious to see where this Telvanni adventure will go to in the end. And I couldn't find the sci-fi mention.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 30 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Glad you all liked it.

Telendil, I also killed those guards in game. It is a bit annoying at times that fighting all boils down to one question. To kill or not to kill. Fists can knock people out, but only for a few seconds and afterwards they start swinging again.

Nice to see you around, Minque. And it looks like you are on a reply invasion. smile.gif Anyway, I try to keep myself to one update each day. It's amazing what a deadline can do to my creativity.
And the vicking looks cute!

And I gueass I'll just say the sci-fi reference. The thing Luper did with the guards, it was the Vulcan nerve pinch from Star Trek. cool.gif I've never seen it one tv myself though, at least not in Star Trek.

Anyway, update!

The boat crossed the Island I was supposed to visit on the way to Tel Branora. Good for me.
,,Sorry skipper, but I’ll take a swim if you don’t mind.” I said and jumped overboard. Well, a swim from time to time isn’t too bad but not if you take a swim in waters swarming with Dreugh and Slaughterfish. I ended up using my trusty waterwalk spell. Once on the island, it was just a matter of a little bit of searching while fending off the local wildlife to find the door.

Once inside, I was immediately assaulted by three Hlaalu. I whipped out my sword and parried the club of the first one, put my shield in the face of the second, then wheeled around and kicked the third followed by a slash across the throat of the first. One down, two to go. Easy enough and they were all sprawled across the floor a bit later. I didn’t even got tired from that. I would’ve expected guards, not this bunch of wimps. But then again, maybe they where just the lookout and the real stuff would be further inside.

I was right. Luckily skeletons aren’t exactly known for stealth and the sound of their rattling bones had given me plenty of warning before I even opened the door. When I did, I was covered in a magical shield as well as having fortified my speed. I had already sliced one of the things in two before they even realized I was there.

But there were a lot of them and the following battle was long with lots of blocks and parries on both sides. They scratched me a couple of times when they struck and the glass protected me from the worst. When I struck, I would send their bones flying all over the place. Whenever I knocked one out, another would take its place. Finally, no reinforcements arrived and I took out the last one. This time I was tired, a lot.

I would receive no time to catch my breath for another skeleton came floating around the corner. That’s right, floating. It was even wearing a robe of sorts. No weapons though. Feeling lucky, I moved in to slay the creepy thing. It turned out to be a mage, just my luck. The fireball caught me square in the chest and I flew backwards.

,,Oh, aren’t we nice today? Well, I can play it that way. eat my fireballs, you piece of rotten bones!” I said to it and proceeded to pound it again and again with my own destructive spells. With that one in the dust, I was now really starting to feel tired. Still, I would have to move on.

Luckily, I had bought some potions just for the occasion. A few gulps and I was as good as new. I then dropped the empty bottles on the floor and stormed up the stairs. I rounded a corner and then was unceremoniously smacked into the wall. The impact threw the sword out of my hand as well as making me very dizzy. An angry Daedroth with very bad breath towered over me. Brilliant.

I knew that Daedroths were some of the more powerful Daedra. No way I was going to beat it at either brute strength or magic. Not to mention that lying on the floor like that without my sword wasn’t exactly a good position. That left me no further choice but to pull out my most favourite amulet of all. The creature gave a very dumb look when I just disappeared in thin air. He then began to look around to see where I’d gone. Now how do you fight Daedra? Correct, with Daedra.

Now I didn’t had any Daedra with me, but a summoned Daedric sword did the trick. The sharp blade sank into its chest and I rolled out of the way before the corpse of the thing would fall on top of me.

After the Daedroth, I was very happy to find out that there were no further thingies around that wanted me dead. I met up with Aryon’s friend and after telling him that I hadn’t come to kill him and that everything that moved in his home was now dead, he was kind enough to lend me a bed for the night.

Next morning, I set out for the shrine of Azura. It wasn’t too hard to find. There was this huge statue of the Daedra on top of the roof. I hoped that Azura’s ego was a lot smaller than the statue. Inside, I came to the disappointed conclusion that there was nothing to grab. Only one of these huge statues was there.

Suddenly, my mouth began to move on its own! I grabbed my face in an attempt to stop it but it didn’t help. In short, Azura and some other dude were having fun playing with mortals and began a little bet. But Sheogorath the other dude was a cheater and I was sent to prove it. If I did, I would be rewarded. I just mumbled something resembling yes into the air and then ran out. If Azura ever used my mouth again to talk with, I would wish she was standing in front of me so that I could punch her in the face. And one more thing, we mortals are not toys!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 30 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #33

Knower
Group Icon

Mortals are not toys? then why is Taillus running around like a remote controlled killing machine? lol Great update even though I had been forced to neglect it for a couple of days. Not to worry though I am all caught up now!

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 31 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Don't worry, Taillus. Thát's only Lup's opinion. Oh well, I'll just get the next update.

I was really fed up with all these people bossing me around. But soon, I would have my very own mushroom and then it would be me who was dishing out the orders. The first one would be to make a decent set of stairs.

On my way back to Sadrith Mora, I made a detour to the site of my new home. Sure enough, there was one Orc staring at a small mushroom.
,,Aye, Telvanni. I take it that you’re here to inspect your new home? Don’t worry, it’ll be finished in a week. These houses basically grow themselves. Feel free to take a closer look, but don’t touch it. Touching the plant at this stage will have horrible effects on its future shape if you don’t know what you’re doing.” She said in a rather polite tone. For an Orc.

I took a closer look as instructed. The whole plant seemed to be shivering and I could actually see it growing! I could only guess at the amount of magicka being used to accelerate its growth like this.

I shared my lunch with the Orc and then said goodbye. She’d said something about a Dwemer ruin being near. I figured it was time for some good old plundering…err, Dwemer research.
Inside I found the usual bunch of Centurions. No problem, the old ice and slash combo did the trick. The only Centurion that posed a bit of a problem was a big humanoid type with a huge spiked ball instead of a hand. Luckily it was slow and I managed to avoid getting crushed. In the end I climbed on top of it and drove my sword through its head.

This ruin was rich in Centurions but poor in other things. Sure there were the old coins, but none of the interesting stuff like weapons and armour. The only thing I grabbed on the way out was a bunch of schematics for something.

Eventually, I came back in Sadrith Mora and paid Llunela a visit just to tell her that the plant was growing like mad. When I came out, I was no longer carrying the Dwemer schematics with me. It seemed that they were useful for growing bigger plants. Good, the bigger the better. I needed lots of room for my collection.

I took a ride to Tel Vos and reported to Aryon that the siege was ended. Needless to say, he was very happy. He even gave me a book from his personal collection. I then told him that I needed a vacation to get some time away from the house.
,,Why, if I may ask? Did you make any enemies?” He asked.
,,Not yet, but I will if I don’t do this. I paid the shrine of Azura a visit and ended up promising something. Who knows how a Daedra would respond if I don’t do this. So goodbye.” I answered and went back to the harbour for a boat to Dagon Fel.

Ok, so the island was somewhere north of Dagon Fel? Lucky me, there were a lot of islands there. One of them was owned by a fisher who had clearly been drinking too much. He called himself M’Aiq. Normally I loved Khajitt, but this was a bit too much.

,,M’Aiq once met a Whereshark. He was afraid of the water. Naked Liches are a horrible thing. If you see one, tell M’Aiq to look the other way. To find the shrine that is no longer there, go to the west and take a deep breath before you begin your chase. If you want to save the world, seek out the Argonian Im-Leet and the Nord Rolf the Uber. They shall help you.” And more of that crap. Right, whatever. I bonked him on the head with my new staff of peace and then moved on. Hopefully, the hit would make him normal again. It couldn’t get any worse.

The island I was looking for was easily recognized. It was swarming with Daedra. I fought my way past a dozen Scamps, a handful of Clanfears, some Atronachs and even a Daedroth before I found the hut of Azura’s toy. I was really grateful for my amulet of Shadows. ,,Turn back and leave now, mortal.” A voice spoke. Why didn’t I like the sound of this?

I turned around and saw a humanoid figure with gold skin and a huge Daedric towershield on one arm and an Ebony mace in the hand of the other arm. Great, a Golden Saint. Well I wasn’t quite in the mood to leave and I made the stupid mistake to think that I could handle the thing.

Well, I soon found out that I should’ve just left. The first smash from that mace sent shards of glass flying of my shield. In the meantime, my sword didn’t even scratch the Daedric shield.
In desperation, I ran to the coast while being chased by the thing and jumped on one of the rocks just of the coast. Before I knew it, there was a whole swarm of hungry Slaughterfish surrounding my rock. Great, Slaughterfish in the water and an angry Saint on land. How lovely. I was either going to get crushed by a mace or eaten by hungry fish.

That gave me an idea. A bit of telekinesis later, and miss Saint fell headfirst into the water. Though she was a Daedra, the Slaughterfish still seemed to consider her tasty. Let’s just say that there wasn’t much left of the Saint in just under a minute. I did took the opportunity to cast a soultrap spell on the Daedra. After she died, I was the proud owner of a Golden Saint soul. I also lifted the shield and the mace out of the water. Especially the shield would make a great addition to my collection. Poor Skink, they’d better finish my house soon.

The last thing I found was a small ring the Saint was wearing. I pocketed it. Now I would just need to make my way to the shrine of Azura, pocket my reward and spend the rest of my vacation with keeping an angry Imperial spy without a shirt satisfied.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 31 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #35

Knower
Group Icon

Great update! So it means Luper will return to the Main Quest eh? Can't wait to see how he handles it. I also liked the whole Telvanni run-around. And watch out for Azura, she'll be annoyed that you disturbed her servant.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 31 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #36

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Nice update, interesting way that the character described M'aiq the khajiit, though I always liked him myself laugh.gif. I was also glad to see that the character found it difficult to take down the golden saint and came up with a reasonable way of doing so, good to see that he is still human.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 1 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Sorry Griff, but he didn't interupt the priest. I plan on doing so one day. (I already have the star, why should I care? tongue.gif )
He was planning to do that but he was interupted in his interupting.

Kiln, I also like M'Aiq. He is so funny. But Lup thinks he is nuts.
Now, update!

The trip to Azura’s shrine took a while. Once there, I received my reward.
,,You have returned, mortal. You bear Sheogorath’s ring, the mark of his servants. That is all the proof I need. Take my star and use it well.” Azura said, using my mouth again. Stupid Daedra.
,,AAARGH!!!” I screamed as I ran out like a maniac. Did I say that I prefer to have only one voice make use of my mouth? I did notice a small weight in one of my pockets. In it, I found what looked like a big and pointy soul gem. So much for my dreams of a good sword.

I made the detour to Tel Uvirith again. By now, the construction of my mushroom had finished. I left my mark and then performed a Divine intervention to Sadrith Mora. Once back, I collected everything I had in a pile and recalled to my home. When I’d finished moving everything in, the place was getting too small again. One Divine intervention later and I was back at Sadrith Mora.

,,Skink, if you meet Ranis from Balmora, tell her that my list of suspects is getting smaller.” I told the Argonian as I merged with the shadows and prepared to be transported to Balmora.
In Balmora, I made my way to my house and grabbed a bottle of Mazte of the shelf. I could use a good drink. I would visit Caius in the morning.

While I was having a good time getting drunk, someone opened the door on the upper floor. I was not drunk enough to ignore this. I crept up the stairs and pointed my sword at the throat of whoever was underneath the hood of that robe. Two hands removed the hood and I found myself looking at a familiar face.

,,Ajira?! What are you doing here?!” I blurted. She put a furry hand on my mouth to silence me.
,,Friend Oasis must be quiet or people will know where Ajira is.” She said. That made sense. It wasn’t as if the walls of my house were too good at stopping sound.
,,I see. Now why did you come here? Need a drink?” I asked, with a much lower voice.

,,Mages say that friend Oasis is a bad man. Ajira knows that is not true. So Ajira saw light in the house of friend Oasis and came here to tell him her secrets. Secrets that will help friend Oasis.” The moment she’d said that, I went to the windows and put some boards of wood in front of them to prevent the light from my candles to get outside. I had been stupid and was lucky that Ajira came and not some assassin.

,,Go ahead. Hold on, I’ll get you something to drink. There’s moonsugar in the closet underneath my shirts. Feel free to take some.” I said.
I spent most of the night listening to her while taking notes. I’d heard stories about the artefacts that she told me about. If I could find them, they would be very helpful. Not to mention that it is just about every collector’s dream to find something like that.

She left before sunrise. I’d given her a ring, my soul gem with the Golden Saint and all of my money. She’d use it to get the ring enchanted. When I returned to Balmora, it would be found in my smelly old shoes.
The old treasure hunter’s spirit had taken hold of me and I had completely forgotten about Caius. I left minutes after Ajira and took a Silt Strider to Vivec. From there, I left on the road to Ebonheart in search of the first artefact that Ajira had told me about.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 1 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #38

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahhhhhhh......the cloudy-man did it again! A couple of updates waiting.....and good as well they are!...woah....just keep´em comin´.....

cheers... viking.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 1 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #39

Knower
Group Icon

Ah interesting, a treasure hunt. Let's see where this goes. Good luck with your story further. With some luck it may even end up on the main site.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 1 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #40

Knower
Group Icon

Love it love it love it! And now someone else knows the "joys" of having a Daedric Prince/Princess indaving their personal space. Keep up the good work!!!!!

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:07 PM