2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [WIP] The Kingdom, Official Launch Post + Recruitment
AP Erebus
post Mar 8 2006, 01:23 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

user posted image
The Kingdom has long been known as a place of prosperity and stability. Its rulers have ruled with benevolence and justice for hundreds of years. But an ill wind is blowing.

Political upheaval sweeps the land as relations between old friends become stressed. To the east, an even older foe is casting her eyes towards old territory.

Alliances will be destroyed, friends will be killed, and enemies will be set free…

And all for the good of The Kingdom.

The Kingdom is not a TC for Oblivion. It is just a extra world that has it's own culture, history, lore and people.

Set in a completely new world, the mod will place the player in a unfamiliar environment. With no bearing on where they are they head to the nearest city, where they learn of a terrible danger that is threatening The Kingdom.

----------------------------------------------
Goals of The Kingdom Mod

- To design a fully realised world in which the player feels a part of a vibrant, living world. This includes terrain, fully developed history and political environment.

- To have a developed economy that makes sense and is realised with area specific traders.

- To create the world using the TES Construction Set (CS).

- To write, design, and create fully developted plotlines for all the major and minor factions and people in The Kingdom.

- To create custom buildings, items, and weapons using 3D Studio Max.

- To design numerous dungeons, caverns, cities, towns, villages, camps, caves and other places for the player to explore.

------
Map

user posted image
(Click Here for more maps.)

------
Brief History

? Before Unification (BU)
The earliest records tell tales of clans living sparse existences. These rudimentary communities were scattered across the land with very little contact and almost no trade. Various dialects existed, hampering the growth of the communities.

95BU
The turning point in history came when the Toldian smiths discovered the secret to working iron. This vastly superior metal could cut bronze swords in half. The Toldian King outfits the first soldiers with iron swords, the elite Draegors.

95BU - 26BU
After 69 years of war Toldia defeats Borlas and turns is eyes eastwards, towards the Jurash Empire.

0 After Unification (AU)
The Kingdom was united. The Toldian King, upon assuming the Kingdom kingship, anointed his son to the Dukedom of Toldia. Borlas was renamed in honour of the Draegors to Bordael and their commander was named Duke. The former Jurash territory was renamed, in honour of Ren Tolth, to Rentolthan and Ren was named as Duke.

The King built his capital on Mymar Island and he named it Glyferie, in honour of his dead wife.

320Au - 1032AU
Kings were born, crowned and died. The people kept living their lives and The Kingdom prospered. Peace ruled the land.

1033AU
Player enters here
(Click Here for more History.)

The rest of the lore and information can be found here, at The Kingdom Wiki:
The Kingdom Wiki

we also have forums here...

The Kingdom Forums

We Want You!
The Kingdom Mod Team is recruiting.

If you have skills in:
- Writing
- Drawing (2D, 3D, Concept)
- TES CS
- Scripting
- Modelling (of the 3D variety)
- Skinning
we want to hear from you!

At the minute we need Writers to help continue writing the plot/script (we are about 40% done) and to start writing books and sub-quests. As the game hasn't been released yet, CS, Scripters, Modellers and skinners are in desperate need but you are welcome all the same.

You can either email us at:
the.kingdom.ob.mod@gmail.com
or
Register to our forums and post your interest in this thread:
http://s11.invisionfree.com/The_Kingdom_OB...hp?showtopic=33

NOTE: We are looking for talented and dedicated people to help work on this mod, but we won't be militant in enforcing it. We are still looking to have fun making this mod.

We already have a small and dedicated team that is intent on seeing this through to the finish.

We will constantly be releasing information about the mod on the wiki page and the forums and here biggrin.gif

Hope to see you in The Kingdom soon.

AP Erebus
Project Leader
The Kingdom Oblivion Mod
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 26 2006, 06:21 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

its going to be a month before I can do ANY modding, sorry you haven't had any replies to this post, and I am starting the new college quarter this monday, so I am going to be really busy again soon with real life stuff. I have been outta town the last week, so I haven't been on the home site, anything new going on beyond what is posted above? I need to write some stuff for my story and check the 23 new topics under obilvion cheats/etc, and see what is new in oblivion subforum...so I am busy for now too, not enough time for checking your mod site anyway, sorry.

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Doomextreme
post Mar 26 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #3

Retainer

I can help with writing! please bring me in!

--------------------
All people will die sometime and then i come in!
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 26 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

Go to the mod's forums and post what you can do and some of your works there if you want to join. What we really need at this point though are people that work with the CS. But an extra writer never hurts.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Doomextreme
post Mar 26 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #5

Retainer

QUOTE(Agent Griff @ Mar 26 2006, 10:38 AM)
Go to the mod's forums and post what you can do and some of your works there if you want to join. What we really need at this point though are people that work with the CS. But an extra writer never hurts.

This is the first mod im working for so i cant show of what ive done.

--------------------
All people will die sometime and then i come in!
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 26 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

Posting previous works isn't necesary. It adds to credibility though. Go ahead and post your interest in joining, if you are accepted then write a few books to show your tallent. Good luck!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jchamber
post May 2 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

hey, sry I am so busy but I hope everything is going well, it'll be a few more weeks before I can start helping out and getting caught up on what has been done but as of june 10 I should be available.

How many people do we have so far, Erebus?

I'll prolly get to check back in like a week (damm school)

--------------------
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 2 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

I'll do writing... seriously i can set a serious plot... my first game (self made using C++ programming) will be on the net in... 6 maybe 7 months thats all i can brag about, its sidescroller so I can't do any good programming

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 3 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

This mod looks most most interesting. Good luck with this. Hope you'll get it completed.

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
jchamber
post May 4 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #10

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(DarkHunter @ May 2 2006, 02:46 PM)
I'll do writing... seriously i can set a serious plot... my first game (self made using C++ programming) will be on the net in... 6 maybe 7 months thats all i can brag about, its sidescroller so I can't do any good programming

don't undersell yourself, that amount is more programming than a lot of people get to before they decide they don't like programming.

I can't even figure out how to use my C++ or my VB 6.0 so I am the one who can't do ANY programming. aka, feel better about what you CAN do.

Hope all is going well with this mod, see you june 10th.

--------------------
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 4 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Olav @ May 3 2006, 11:00 AM)
This mod looks most most interesting. Good luck with this. Hope you'll get it completed.

Same wishes from me smile.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post May 8 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(jchamber @ May 2 2006, 09:06 PM)
hey, sry I am so busy but I hope everything is going well, it'll be a few more weeks before I can start helping out and getting caught up on what has been done but as of june 10 I should be available.

How many people do we have so far, Erebus?

I'll prolly get to check back in like a week (damm school)

We have about a dozen people that actually post and do things. You're welcome to join the ship when you're ready Jc. I'm not Erebus by any means but since he doesn't post too much on these forums I try to communicate for him. Anyway, for anyone wanting to join the mod feel free to do so.

P.S: If you actually do something it would help even more tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 8 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

ok, how can I help? I do writing (my stories don't count thats just fooling around) and I'd love to write main, or side quests or something of the like. I could do some excellent history/cultural writings of some ancient race, or a new race or just some random writing...

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post May 8 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

Well if you actually want to do something, go to the mod's forums as said before and post in the Recruitment thread. After some time, ussualy very little, you'll get hired as a trial dev. If you actually do things and post in the dev forums, you will become a permanent developer. So get posting! We could always need writers for the mod.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
maxitar
post May 10 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #15

Retainer

How did you do the text for your kindom mod logo. It really neat. thx. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
maxitar
post May 10 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #16

Retainer

.ghfghgh.

This post has been edited by maxitar: Apr 16 2007, 02:55 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 10 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

unfortunatly Agent Griff it seems that there is less 'Lore' than most Rpgs... so I'm gone. (No magic in a Fantasy game what the...? )

--------------------
+Quote Post
maxitar
post May 28 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #18

Retainer

I just want to see this on the first page again, thats why im posting, this sounds like such an awesome mod. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post May 28 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(DarkHunter @ May 10 2006, 07:31 PM)
unfortunatly Agent Griff it seems that there is less 'Lore' than most Rpgs... so I'm gone. (No magic in a Fantasy game what the...? )

Well sorry that you're off the boat DarkHunter. I'm also sorry that the "no magic" thing upset you and kind of destroyed your ideas. Lore ussualy means history and that's our mod's lore. Books of fiction can also be written and they can even feature mages and magic. (I've written a book about the first mage and it has more than enough magic) If you don't like or system, well...nobody is forcing you to play the mod or even work on it.

And I'm glad you like the mod Maxitar. I'm also sorry to say that, from what I've seen thus far, objects created in 3D MAX aren't yet compatible with Oblivion so that means that modelers will have to wait for a mod that allows things to be imported from 3D MAX. Still, that doesn't mean that you can't create things as you wait.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
maxitar
post May 29 2006, 02:25 AM
Post #20

Retainer

Ya, I just found that out, sad.gif but surely they will release a patch soon just like they did for the morrowind TES construction set. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:19 PM