81 Pages V « < 48 49 50 51 52 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are You Eating/Drinking?, The Tastiest Thread Around
Dark Reaper
post Jan 20 2018, 06:30 AM
Post #981

Master
Group Icon

I ate some Ramen noodles and a couple of glasses of water.

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 20 2018, 11:27 PM
Post #982

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 19 2018, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 19 2018, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 19 2018, 08:52 PM) *

Today Khajiit bought a case of the Coca Cola that is supposedly bottled in Mexico. They use actual sugar in these instead of high fructose corn syrup, which this one finds more to his liking.

Ooh, I might like to try that myself! Why can't they bottle that formula here in the US?

From what Khajiit heard (and this may not actually be true), it’s cheaper to use real sugar in Mexico and so don’t need to use high fructose corn syrup. Guess they can grow more sugar cane down there than we can here. Pepsi was actually producing American made pure cane sugar versions of their drinks for a bit (the Mountain Dew was incredible!), but Khajiit hasn’t seen any in a couple of years. Also there are some “craft soda” brands that use pure cane sugar.

Oh hey, I love your new avatar!

Back on topic = I absolutely LOVE the sodas made with real sugar! I've only had a few experiences, but it was Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 22 2018, 08:32 PM
Post #983

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 20 2018, 05:27 PM) *
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 19 2018, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 19 2018, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 19 2018, 08:52 PM) *

Today Khajiit bought a case of the Coca Cola that is supposedly bottled in Mexico. They use actual sugar in these instead of high fructose corn syrup, which this one finds more to his liking.

Ooh, I might like to try that myself! Why can't they bottle that formula here in the US?

From what Khajiit heard (and this may not actually be true), it’s cheaper to use real sugar in Mexico and so don’t need to use high fructose corn syrup. Guess they can grow more sugar cane down there than we can here. Pepsi was actually producing American made pure cane sugar versions of their drinks for a bit (the Mountain Dew was incredible!), but Khajiit hasn’t seen any in a couple of years. Also there are some “craft soda” brands that use pure cane sugar.

Oh hey, I love your new avatar!

Back on topic = I absolutely LOVE the sodas made with real sugar! I've only had a few experiences, but it was Awesome!

mALX, I'm not sure what kind of grocery stores are in your area, but if they have an ethnic aisle - look there for mexican pops. Our local store has mexican sprite, coke, and orange fanta with real sugar on the shelves in that aisle.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 22 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #984

Master
Group Icon

Tomato soup and jolly ranchers.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 22 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #985

Master
Group Icon

This week's weigh-in shows me having lost nothing and maybe gained a smidgen. Bloody 'ell.

It got me thinking about serving size. I eat no more than the recommended one-serving size bowl of oatmeal each breakfast (along with a banana and skim milk), so that shouldn't be a problem. My salad-suppers might be a bit on the large side, but that meal provides almost the whole of my veggie intake. I often use the more decadent dressing on it. I tried for years to make myself like saner dressing. It doesn't work. Use those too often and I develop cravings for Subway sammiches and the like. At least with Thousand Isle I'm content to eat salads pretty much every day.

But what got me off about serving size is that all canned soups I buy say their cans contain two servings. Two! How in the world can anyone stretch the meager contents of those cans to last two meals? (Unless of course soup is part of a multi entree meal.) Or is it just me? Does everyone else diligently eat only half a can's contents and store the rest for another day? My hat's off to you if you can. My toboggan at any rate. That's about the only headgear I wear any more. Wait, that's not right. I wear a baseball style cap while reading lying down.

My mom...during her heyday she COULD ration vittles to an amazing degree. I've seen her open a bag of potato chips, eat maybe seven to ten chips, close the bag and put it away. How anyone has the willpower to ration potato chips is beyond me. It's one of those foods (I use the term lightly in this case) that for me is utterly addictive. I have to stay as far away from those as I can. The further the better.

On more mundane food related matters; during today's grocery run I noticed eggs and broccoli on the list. Why were they there? I was sure I had enough in the fridge to last the week. In the end I decided to take the risk and now buy either. I was right about the eggs, but iffy on broccoli, which I'll likely but not assuredly run out of.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 22 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #986

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I'm with you there, Decrepit. I sure can't eat just seven potato chips unless of course there were only seven left bigsmile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 22 2018, 10:23 PM
Post #987

Ancient
Group Icon

Ugh, Khajiit is like this with Chicarones/fried pork skins. Can’t just eat a few at a time.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 22 2018, 11:17 PM
Post #988

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 22 2018, 04:03 PM) *

On more mundane food related matters; during today's grocery run I noticed eggs and broccoli on the list. Why were they there? I was sure I had enough in the fridge to last the week. In the end I decided to take the risk and now buy either. I was right about the eggs, but iffy on broccoli, which I'll likely but not assuredly run out of.

Your inner self is craving quiche!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 22 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #989

Ancient
Group Icon

Surrender to the quiche.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 23 2018, 03:17 AM
Post #990

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 22 2018, 04:17 PM) *

Your inner self is craving quiche!

Back in the mid 80s Marie Callender Restaurant offered a super yummy quiche entree on its menu. Gads but that was great!!!! Not good for the waist line for sure. Back then that didn't matter so much coz I did enough daily exercise to burn it off. I was stationed in Southern California at the time. Tons of fine restaurants of different sorts within easy driving distance. Wasn't expensive either, leastwise not where I ate. I seldom dined at home back then, except during migraine attacks when I felt too poorly to go anywhere. An irony is that during those attacks (which could last five days on one side of my head, take a day off, then return and plague me for more days on the other side) I didn't feel up to fixing anything elaborate so existed to a large extent on peanut butter sammiches and grapefruit juice. I eventually learned that peanuts and citrus are triggers for me. wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 2 2018, 01:04 PM
Post #991

Master
Group Icon

Couple of weeks back I mistakenly bought a can of Hormel "Chunky Beef No Bean" chili. (I mean to buy two cans of "Hormel Chili, Hot with Beans," but didn't pay close attention as I grabbed the first two cans in the "Hot" row.) Let it be known that by inclination I do NOT like traditional chili sans beans. For that reason alone the can sat in my pantry some weeks before I drummed up sufficient "enthusiasm" to consume its contents. I did so at lunch yesterday.

Another warning greeted me as I removed can from pantry. The can's main picture show chili poured over baked potato. Two small pictures at rear show it poured over fries and a hotdog. My experience is that chili formulated for pouring over something else is rarely good "bowl chili."

Sure enough, the chili is basically a thick gravy in which float occasional "chunks" of beef. Adding insult to injury, licking the spoon after pouring the can's contents into a microwave cooking bowl revealed a rather "sweet" tasting chili. You guessed it. I don't much care for sweet traditional chili con carne.

I added black pepper, garlic power, paprika, chili powder, Mrs Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning, a dash of horseradish sauce and mustard, and a smidgen of Frank's Extra Hot Sauce. Still too sweet. There was nothing for it but to heat the bowl, adding a little shredded cheddar near the end, and get on with lunch. I've eaten worse for sure. But this just isn't my kind of chili. It "might" make a decent, if sweet, topping for one of my veggie/tuna/rice supper combos.

On other food matters, this weeks Fuji's are rather mediocre, which makes them as good as many another apple variety but not top tier Fuji.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 2 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #992

Ancient
Group Icon

This week's weigh-in shows me having lost nothing and maybe gained a smidgen. Bloody 'ell.

It got me thinking about serving size. I eat no more than the recommended one-serving size bowl of oatmeal each breakfast (along with a banana and skim milk), so that shouldn't be a problem. My salad-suppers might be a bit on the large side, but that meal provides almost the whole of my veggie intake. I often use the more decadent dressing on it. I tried for years to make myself like saner dressing. It doesn't work. Use those too often and I develop cravings for Subway sammiches and the like. At least with Thousand Isle I'm content to eat salads pretty much every day.

But what got me off about serving size is that all canned soups I buy say their cans contain two servings. Two! How in the world can anyone stretch the meager contents of those cans to last two meals? (Unless of course soup is part of a multi entree meal.) Or is it just me? Does everyone else diligently eat only half a can's contents and store the rest for another day? My hat's off to you if you can. My toboggan at any rate. That's about the only headgear I wear any more. Wait, that's not right. I wear a baseball style cap while reading lying down.

My mom...during her heyday she COULD ration vittles to an amazing degree. I've seen her open a bag of potato chips, eat maybe seven to ten chips, close the bag and put it away. How anyone has the willpower to ration potato chips is beyond me. It's one of those foods (I use the term lightly in this case) that for me is utterly addictive. I have to stay as far away from those as I can. The further the better.

Bananas are very high in calories. If you were stranded on a deserted Island and had nothing to eat but bananas, you would not lose a single pound; and might even gain some. Before you strike them off your diet though; they are one of the best foods in the world for keeping your body's electrolytes in balance if you don't drink a lot of healthy fresh water; etc. If your body has endured any stresses = eat bananas to help make sure everything doesn't get out of whack from it; because stress depletes your potassium; which bananas are rich in.

Your Mother sounds amazing, I sure don't have that kind of willpower, lol. I have to avoid chips like the plague, because if I eat one = it is on.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 2 2018, 05:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 2 2018, 08:19 PM
Post #993

Master
Group Icon

Cheese pizza and soda.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 3 2018, 12:32 AM
Post #994

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 2 2018, 10:07 AM) *

Bananas are very high in calories. If you were stranded on a deserted Island and had nothing to eat but bananas, you would not lose a single pound; and might even gain some. Before you strike them off your diet though; they are one of the best foods in the world for keeping your body's electrolytes in balance if you don't drink a lot of healthy fresh water; etc. If your body has endured any stresses = eat bananas to help make sure everything doesn't get out of whack from it; because stress depletes your potassium; which bananas are rich in.

Your Mother sounds amazing, I sure don't have that kind of willpower, lol. I have to avoid chips like the plague, because if I eat one = it is on.

Have no fear. I do not intend to abandon bananas. They're too healthy a food and taste yummy to boot. Can't beat that combo. Wish I could remember to drink more water than I do. I used to be very good at remembered to down a decent size glass every hour or so when able. These days my mind is too scatterbrained. If it's not mealtime, all thought of food and drink is absent, unless I'm thinking on a rare splurge meal coming up soon.

Tonight's salad-supper was tunaless. An okay change of pace but sort of meh after the first several bites.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 3 2018, 01:39 AM
Post #995

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 2 2018, 06:32 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 2 2018, 10:07 AM) *

Have no fear. I do not intend to abandon bananas. They're too healthy a food and taste yummy to boot. Can't beat that combo. Wish I could remember to drink more water than I do. I used to be very good at remembered to down a decent size glass every hour or so when able. These days my mind is too scatterbrained. If it's not mealtime, all thought of food and drink is absent, unless I'm thinking on a rare splurge meal coming up soon.

Tonight's salad-supper was tunaless. An okay change of pace but sort of meh after the first several bites.

I buy packs of those individual bottled waters about the size of a bottle of soda and carry one around with me so I can sip it every now and then. (also keep one on my nightstand in case I wake up thirsty in the night or something). By having it in my hand or by my side; it kind of keeps me reminded. Otherwise I wouldn't think of it either; especially since chocolate milk is so much tastier, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 3 2018, 02:52 PM
Post #996

Ancient
Group Icon

Supposedly chocolate milk is really good to drink after a workout.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 3 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #997

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 3 2018, 08:52 AM) *

Urgh, I wouldn't think so - wouldn't the milk curdle if you were all pumped up? After working out, I like either water or a very light fruit juice (like those fruit flavored vitamin water drinks).

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 3 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #998

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 3 2018, 08:58 AM) *

Urgh, I wouldn't think so - wouldn't the milk curdle if you were all pumped up? After working out, I like either water or a very light fruit juice (like those fruit flavored vitamin water drinks).

Idk. Something about replacing protein and carbs. Not to mention the calcium.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 3 2018, 04:36 PM
Post #999

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 3 2018, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 3 2018, 08:58 AM) *

Idk. Something about replacing protein and carbs. Not to mention the calcium.

That would be interesting to read about, but ... have you ever tried to put something heavy on your stomach after working out? Milk feels heavy to me at all times, like a meal in a glass. (and I drink the 1% or the skim!).

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 3 2018, 04:49 PM
Post #1000

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 3 2018, 09:36 AM) *

That would be interesting to read about, but ... have you ever tried to put something heavy on your stomach after working out? Milk feels heavy to me at all times, like a meal in a glass. (and I drink the 1% or the skim!).

Found a commercial with an NBA player’s explanation of it:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d4MqrgBnEj4
Granted he was probably told this information by the milk people and he just parroted it in a commercial for an extra paycheck, but it seems reasonable.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 3 2018, 04:55 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:34 AM