Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A humble call to all artists here for a bit of help!, I´m planning to get a tattoo!
minque
post Aug 20 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I visit this section frequently to admire the great artwork that ´s posted here by all the artists of Chorrol....

So , since I recently decided I´m gonna get myself a tattoo......(yes yes I´m certainly old enough to make a decision of that without asking anyone´s permission!)...I I thought it would be a good idea to ask you guys here for some help. I don´t know what pattern or figure I´d like ..until I see it!

Facts:

It is going to be placed on my left shin...about 10 cm above the ankle

It shall not be too big, approx. 5-7 cm in diameter

I´m thinking of sticking to one color.....black preferably

I won´t have a chinese sign..it´s too common! As are the most common tribal´s

What I´d like is a unique pattern or figure, created by one of you guys!

I will certainly give the artist full credit for it and post a picture of the result when I´ve actually done it!

So what do you say? Would you like to help me with this????

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 21 2006, 12:32 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Certainly Minque ... this is fun & we will help. You are very wise to deliberate, consult friends and decide beforehand instead of rushing to the tatneedleman all drunk. tahaha

I have a small red, blue & yellow butterfly on my left shoulder, high enough that any sleeved blouse convers it. So, this is my question to you .... I don't know centimeters, only inches ... but do you ever wear skirts? Like on a job interview or anything like that? I am wondering how you came up with the above the ankle location and if you will be able to cover it tastefully if you want to. Some people don't care but there are occassions besides interviews where it might be good - funerals, meeting the in-laws grandparents, accepting a major award, etc. Just mentioning that aspect here.

I don't know if you will want script, but I tried your forum name MINQUE in several to show you. The black ink of your tat will fade to a smokey blue color in time, so I tried to fade these as they went to show you.

OBLIVION DAEDRIC
DWARVEN
DRAGONMASTER
TRIED A PIC WITH THIS ONE {?} HOBBITON
You'd have to get someone to draw a better pic of you or Serene, my pic unfortunately doesn't look like either. Most tat artists are accomplished freehand artists, if you take them a picture or photo - most can replicate it in your tatoo - - but certainly get him to sketch it first if you go that route.

bigsmile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 21 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ah thanks Ibis! See I was actually thinking of some daedrc sign......among other things....oh yay I do hope there will be some nice ideas coming up!

About size and location, well as I probably said it shall not be that big! 5-7 centimeters which would be about 2-3 inches and placing it on the lower part of the leg will make it pretty easy to hide when necessary, because I mainly wear trousers.....very seldom if ever skirts!

So c´mon guys! I need a great variety to choose from!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 21 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes - we need more ideas. So, maybe you should give more idea of what your leaning towards, Minque. Do you definitely want a sign or a word or a picture?

If a picture - what kind of theme do you like? Animals, flowers, etc. Oh I know, how about a portrait of Mr. Her Doktor kitty kat of yours? Sure he'd be honored ... teehehehehe

--------------------

+Quote Post
GunsnArmor
post Aug 22 2006, 06:56 AM
Post #5

Agent

Why do you want a tattoo? They hurt.... huh.gif

Um....maybe a dremora? A CLANFEAR WITH WINGS!

Or something else.....whats your sign? Aeries? Cancer? Scorpio? You could have the symbol of your sign.

--------------------
I'm bored again.
+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 24 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #6

Agent

Help is already on the way smile.gif check your mail, dear Minque !

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 24 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Baron Milanius to teh Email Rescue again! I love it! ..... think you will too, Minque. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 30 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #8

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Oh I did love them all.....thank you sweet Mil!

Ha...come to think of it.....maybe I should have one of Mil´s swords..somewhere

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 30 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Ohhhh yehhh!!! Tattoo Stormbringer somewhere Minque! How appropriate too ~ ~ ~ you do have one of those,,, not brooding but latent, I'd say, personalities - like the calm before the storm type people. Would look so good too to have one of Mil's stylish weapons.

Ratzzz ... now I am thinking about Avenger Axe. But it'd look too weird to have a flitsome butterfly on one shoulder and a designer axe on the other. Would it not? blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 30 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Aug 30 2006, 11:32 PM) *

Ohhhh yehhh!!! Tattoo Stormbringer somewhere Minque! How appropriate too ~ ~ ~ you do have one of those,,, not brooding but latent, I'd say, personalities - like the calm before the storm type people. Would look so good too to have one of Mil's stylish weapons.

Ratzzz ... now I am thinking about Avenger Axe. But it'd look too weird to have a flitsome butterfly on one shoulder and a designer axe on the other. Would it not? blink.gif

hehe...hmm Hubby will probably abandon me if I come up with a weapon on my left leg! Muhahahaha But it would be somewhat fun...oh..no not if he abandons me but having a nice sword as a tattoo...

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 31 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

No we can't get abandoned for our tattoos, that will never do.

Cain likes my butterfly. Once in awhile when I'm sunbathing, he'll whisper "there's a butterfly on your shoulder..." and I'll get real still 'cause I think he means a real one! I always forget when he does that about my tattoo and he thinks it's hilarious. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 31 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #12

Agent

QUOTE(minque @ Aug 30 2006, 08:30 PM) *

Oh I did love them all.....thank you sweet Mil!

Ha...come to think of it.....maybe I should have one of Mil´s swords..somewhere

blink.gif *Mil ponders a bit, then blushes, ponders some more... and then blushes 10 times more violently*
Uhh, nevermind me being red as octopus, but if you really concider a sword tattoo, try something really seriously sweet - like Luciendar, Sword of Light.

EDIT: Just to be sure - Luciendar, Molotoch, Valermos and a whole bunch of other cool phantasy swords were made up by a guy named Kit Rae smile.gif and ever since he did them people are stealing his designs biggrin.gif (they're that awesome).

This post has been edited by milanius: Aug 31 2006, 11:02 PM

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 31 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Milanius, is Luciander a creation of yours? I'm guessing not. If Minque or I were to get a weapon tattoo I'm sure we'd want to be able to say .... my tat was designed personally by my Serbian friend. I would. And anyway, IMO Stormbringer is more beautiful than that sword.

Speaking of storms, we here in Florida got through tropical storm Ernesto splendidly ... just some extra heavy rain was all. kvleft.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 31 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

And of course, the aftermath of that storms arrives here to rain the whole time during the long weekend!

Anyways, so far, I like the rune idea best for a tattoo. My suggestion, possibly a portrait of one of your characters from the game, Serene perhaps?

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 1 2006, 04:02 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

Good idea! I was thinking of Serene and something Elven/Daedric/Dwarven/etc. in a runic word.

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 1 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #16

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Well friends...you have given me something to think about. And of course I´m afraid that it´s true what one of my friends at work told me yesterday....Once you got one tattoo......you´re bound to get another.....and another...

Heh....so please keep the ideas coming! I´m very grateful!

Just come to think of.....a sword on the back of my shoulder?!....And a daedric "M" on the leg......to start with... tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 2 2006, 03:49 AM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

tee hee hee ... Minky the tattooed lady! Naw Minque, it's not neccessarily true that once you get one tattoo you will get more. I always wanted this butterfly, used to talk about it incessantly when people spoke about tattoos. So one day, Cain just walked me into a tat parlor, down the street from the Alamo, and said "Ok, this is your chance - either get the butterfly or I never want to hear about it again." So I got it.

I've never gotten another and that was about 25 years ago - before they were popular among non=bikers. And I am lucky that Cain chose that shop, because my butterfly is still clear and pretty; whereas on many tattoos, after 10 or 15 years the ink spreads and fades under the skin and the tat becomes just a muddle.

So keep that in mind too Minque. Pay the extra money and go to a true tattoo artist when you do decide ... it is worth it to keep a clear pretty tattoo for years to come. Pick something that won't spread upon itself and become indistinguishable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 2 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #18

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hmmm....yeah I know of a very skilled tattoo-and-piercing shop in a town 70 km from home....I´ll go there, that lady there, Michaela, already made 5 piercings on my daughter and two on me which never caused us any trouble so.....She´s a good one...and that shop is known for it´s quality so I´ll trust them.

I think I´ll stick to one color, black, they normally don´t fade away so easy.

Now I´ll just have to decide on what it´s gonna be!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:09 PM