> Arena Adventurings and Daggerfall Dealings, A Characters Update thread
Decrepit
post Oct 9 2016, 10:05 PM
Post #361

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 9 2016, 09:47 AM) *

<snip>

So I tried to have him loiter here for 3 hours.

Guards do not like loiterers though, so he's now been arrested. Holy crap, he's now standing TRIAL for his "crime". laugh.gif He doesn't really care that he's been arrested though, it's safer in jail than it is outside the city, with that weird specter thing flying around. ph34r.gif

He chose "guilty". I assume they took some gold from him, but he found a lot of gold in Privateer, so no worries.

Boy am I biting my tongue on this one. biggrin.gif Don't worry, Mann will learn. Glad to know he's out and about in Iliac Bay . . . assuming he's not in jail again.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 9 2016, 11:35 PM
Post #362

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, I don't know what's gonna happen with Mann Buubz. I get the sense that he's somewhat of a bad boy. laugh.gif On his Status sheet, it already says "In the eyes of the law of Daggerfall, you are undependable." Uh oh.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 9 2016, 10:59 AM) *

So you can actually choose to "loiter" instead of "waiting" in Daggerfall?

There are actually three different ways to wait in this game: Loiter, Wait a While, or Wait until Fully Healed. In general, all the different options I've seen so far are simply staggering. Options, choices options, choices ...

Daggerfall's graphics are worse than Arena's though, that's one thing I've never seen anybody mention before. Not that it bothers me. biggrin.gif

And this is gonna sound dumb, but I don't think I can choose what my character looks like, the way I could in Arena. Small detail, but I liked having the choice to pick how Renee Gade I is supposed to look in that game. Trivial matter though, in comparison with the nerdgasm I had earlier today after getting out of Privateer's Hold.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 10 2016, 12:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 10 2016, 09:16 AM
Post #363

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I fully expect you to post pixies along with your updates from now on, ms Gade... wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 10 2016, 02:51 PM
Post #364

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 9 2016, 06:35 PM) *

And this is gonna sound dumb, but I don't think I can choose what my character looks like, the way I could in Arena. Small detail, but I liked having the choice to pick how Renee Gade I is supposed to look in that game. Trivial matter though, in comparison with the nerdgasm I had earlier today after getting out of Privateer's Hold.

The body is fixed for the race/gender, but then you have a choice of heads. Usually around ten of them. I did the same for my Orcs.

I don't recall if Arena had adjustable clothing, but Daggerfall had multiple styles for an individual item. A shirt might have an optional vest over it, or buttoned/loose, or both.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 10 2016, 05:28 PM
Post #365

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh I was talking specifically about faces / hairstyles. So we can change this in DF eh? I wonder how. I didn't really look around much during char. creation, so maybe there's something I missed.

Arena does not have changeable clothing, but I did notice Daggerfall does.

mirocu: I did try to take some in-game pics, but Fraps doesn't seem to work with Daggerfall for screenshots. So yeah, if anybody else knows how to get some DF pics, I'll try something else. Cripes, maybe Beth gave DF its own screenshot button, but I've been too overwhelmed to notice which one it is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 11 2016, 02:05 PM
Post #366

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 10 2016, 11:28 AM) *

mirocu: I did try to take some in-game pics, but Fraps doesn't seem to work with Daggerfall for screenshots. So yeah, if anybody else knows how to get some DF pics, I'll try something else. Cripes, maybe Beth gave DF its own screenshot button, but I've been too overwhelmed to notice which one it is.

For DF screenshots:

If installed via Daggerfall Setup.exe as, in my opinion, it ought to have been.

1) Create a "CAPTURE" folder (minus quotes) under your main Daggerfall (or whatever you named it) directory.

2) In-game, press CTRL-F5.

3) Return to the "CAPTURE" directory to find your image(s).

I do not know if this method works with non Daggerfall Setup.exe installs.

ALTERNATIVE:

1) Create a "PICS" folder (minus quotes) under your main Daggerfall (or whatever you named it) directory.

2) In-game, press "/".

3) Return to the "PICS" folder to find your image, or images assuming this approach allows multiple captures.

Note that I found the ALTERNATIVE on the internet and do not use it myself. I believe it should work on non Daggerfall Setup.exe installations, and likely Setup installs as well, but can't swear to it.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Oct 11 2016, 02:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 11 2016, 02:44 PM
Post #367

Councilor
Group Icon

It's a while since I did any, but I seem to recall that if you take a second screenshot, it overlays the first, and you need to rename the file to avoid that. Not a big deal, if you run in windowed mode, and can alt+tab out of the game.

However, if alt or tab are used by the game, it may process those during this procedure. It's usually safest to save after a screenshot, so you can resume properly after leaving and rejoining.

As Decrepit suggests, there is a DosBox screen capture, and a Daggerfall one. IIRC the DosBox key combo can be changed to avoid conflict with the game, and Ctrl+F5 may be the default for that.

Edit: Googling confirms this, and I discovered that DosBox also has Ctrl+Alt+F5 to turn on video recording as AVI. It's not clear what resolution/framerate is used.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 11 2016, 02:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 12 2016, 01:36 AM
Post #368

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome, you guys rock. cake.gif Hey, I will try these suggestions next time I'm gaming DF.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 12 2016, 04:02 PM
Post #369

Master
Group Icon

Well at least Maan got into the city. laugh.gif

I had a character in Skyrim that refused to pay gold to Riften guards and they didn't let him in. But then he attacked them and they of course dragged him to town jail.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 17 2016, 09:16 PM
Post #370

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 12 2016, 05:02 PM) *

I had a character in Skyrim that refused to pay gold to Riften guards and they didn't let him in. But then he attacked them and they of course dragged him to town jail.

Hey, clever laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 21 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #371

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Oct 11 2016, 09:05 AM) *

1) Create a "CAPTURE" folder (minus quotes) under your main Daggerfall (or whatever you named it) directory.

2) In-game, press CTRL-F5.

3) Return to the "CAPTURE" directory to find your image(s).

I do not know if this method works with non Daggerfall Setup.exe installs.

Yes, this works, and I did not have to create a Capture folder, the game must have installed one automatically. The path is a little different from the way you've got it in your game though, it goes: Daggerfall folder > DOSBox-0.74 folder > Capture folder. I also just found an option to record my own video. Neato.

Let me ask this though: I am doing my first quest okay? And the log note says I'm supposed to go to a shop in some other town, steal a shortsword which has been stored in this shop, and then drop off a note. Most of this is fine, except I don't see any note in my character's inventory, so I can't drop it off.

Guess I'll try going back to the original town for now. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: the quest worked. Yah. Mann Buubz just collected his first 313 gold pieces. smile.gif

EDIT 2: HOLY crap ..... the guy who Mann stole the shortsword from managed to send Mann a note, basically saying "if you bring that stolen shortsword back to me, I will give you some turquoise Holy crap. Did not expect that. I bet this game is full of surprises like this.

EDIT 3: Now Mann Buubz got arrested for vagrancy! laugh.gif Long story, but in his next quest he's supposed to find some missing woman. He was trying to break some lady's door down, because it's rumored this lady knows where the missing woman is. But he got noticed and the guards just arrested Mann.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 21 2016, 10:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 25 2016, 12:32 AM
Post #372

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice! Mann was just PERMANENTLY banned from Daggerfall City. laugh.gif That is just amazing to me!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 25 2016, 07:46 AM
Post #373

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 25 2016, 01:32 AM) *

Nice! Mann was just PERMANENTLY banned from Daggerfall City. laugh.gif That is just amazing to me!

You can actually be banned from an entire city?? blink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 25 2016, 08:36 AM
Post #374

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 24 2016, 07:32 PM) *

SPEW !!!! That is hilarious !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 25 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #375

Councilor
Group Icon

mirocu, you have to try some Daggerfall. Once you get past the initial learning curve (a lot of its controls are different from Arena, etc.) it is quite an addicting RPG.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 25 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #376

Master
Group Icon

Can you still b34t the game if banned from the City? laugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 25 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #377

Councilor
Group Icon

If I recall correctly, being banned doesn't keep you out. You may have to levitate over the walls in the middle of the night, but that's a valid tactic. kvright.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 25 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #378

Councilor
Group Icon

Lopov: I probably will never b34t Daggerfall, at least not for several years. It seems like there's so much to do in this game. Mann Buubz is nothing really, just a stupid oaf who does dumb things (meanwhile, it's really mean who's doing dumb things, because I'm not used to how DF works yet). The reason he got banned from DF City though was because he was trying to bash somebody's door down with his battleaxe.

That is what is amazing to me--in Arena or Oblivion, nobody would care if you're trying to break into some house, they only care after we break in (and get noticed). In Skyrim, messing with a locked door near a guard will cause them to take action, but they won't arrest us right away. But Daggerfall catches the pc in the act of committing this crime. And after Mann was placed before the court, he had the chance to plead Guilty or Not Guilty. This time, he chose Not Guilty. Then there was a choice to Tell a Lie, or "Show Evidence" or something like this. Mann chose to tell a lie. After that, he was banned from DFC for life! laugh.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 25 2016, 12:13 PM) *

If I recall correctly, being banned doesn't keep you out. You may have to levitate over the walls in the middle of the night, but that's a valid tactic. kvright.gif

Nah, it's okay. Right now Mann Buubz is just moving from one village or town to the next. There's so many of them in this game.

My next character's gonna be named Sheeza Hawty by the way. She'll be a dark elf sorceress, and will have more of a backstory / roleplay than Mann Buubz.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 28 2016, 03:24 AM
Post #379

Councilor
Group Icon

I rolled a nu t00n today (it was raining) say hello to Sheeza Hawty. She will be my dark elf sorceress. I don't know why I want to play a dark elf sorceress (out of all possible choices) but I just do. The idea just jumped out at me.

Here is a pretty nighttime picture.

Hey, hello there!

Whoops, wrong room! huh.gif

(hope there isn't a problem with that last one. I used imgur's blemish tool best I could).

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 28 2016, 03:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 28 2016, 08:11 AM
Post #380

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Oh, yeah. I do see the appeal of Daggerfall now. Thanks, Renee hehe.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:15 AM