Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Why the lie? Forced to be a werewolf?
mALX
post Dec 16 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

The official guide for Skyrim says you don't have to become a werewolf and can still complete the Companions questline. Farkas says you won't be forced into it in the game.

So why does Skor (spelling) and Aida the Lupine (spelling) force you into it? There was no way to exit the dialogue unless you choose to say "I'm Ready." No exit was showing on the bottom of the screen. The tab and load were both blocked from the ability to use them so you couldn't even back out and reload from there! And you were held in place so couldn't just walk out of the cave!!

The only way to get out of it was to agree to become one, then once out of the cave load a previous save. (Or what I did, QUIT the game to menu and then go into the load screen. I reloaded a previous save from before that second quest.

Is this a glitch or what?

(do I sound ticked? I am.)

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 16 2011, 07:30 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 5 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I loved some of the story itself on the Companions. Mostly the quests where you and Aela rage war against the Silver Hand by launching a period of assaults in their headquaters. And the Totems of Hircine was cool too, a real throwback to Bloodmoon where Hircine told you to protect one of his Totems. Of course, I felt that the Companions would of been better without werewolves to appeal to the non-furry fans. It was a poor decision to force people to do those quests.

Personal rant; I even heard there were scripted full moon transformations in the game. Yet Bethesda pulled them out, it seemed. The characters in the Companions who have Lycanthropy should really not be complaining that much considering their condition is modified by the Witches of Glenmoril, meaning they can turn at will and are not supceptible to lunar transformations. Nor do they lose health if they do not make a kill(a mortal sacrifice) to honor Hircine during a nightly hunt. Their only concern is of course, the afterlife. True Nords go to Sovngarde. True hunters go to Sovngarde. But really...just leave Lycanthropy in a good faction that will give it justice. Leave the Companions as it should of been; the Skyrim's version of the fighter's guild.

My character was suppose to be like Sinding, a Daggerfall style werewolf. With no control and with partial insanity. Yet, she gets to be the new breed. kvleft.gif

And just a side-note, what is with all this afterlife stuff? I've seen in other ES games but not as prominant in Skyrim. I think it's cool. Though troublesome when you do the Thieves Guild and the Companions(I won't spoil it.)

"You know what is the problem in Skyrim these days? Everyone is so obsessed with death". So true.

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Apr 5 2012, 06:11 AM) *

Indeed, the Civil War quest is horrible... biggrin.gif ...

Oh man, it was atrocious!

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Apr 5 2012, 04:02 PM

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mALX   Why the lie? Forced to be a werewolf?   Dec 16 2011, 07:27 PM
Fawkes   -snip- Yea, in another forum I read that you can...   Dec 16 2011, 11:25 PM
liliandra nadiar   Also have another chance later if you don't ta...   Dec 16 2011, 11:56 PM
McBadgere   The next time you talk to the Kodlak (Before he se...   Dec 17 2011, 06:55 AM
Fawkes   The next time you talk to the Kodlak (Before he s...   Dec 17 2011, 07:05 AM
treydog   @mALX- THANK YOU! I thought I was just missing...   Dec 17 2011, 12:40 PM
mALX   Thanks for commiserating (spelling?) with me Trey...   Dec 17 2011, 03:53 PM
Grits   This is good to know. I will approach that questli...   Dec 17 2011, 04:19 PM
treydog   Wanted to be specific on a couple of points- one g...   Dec 17 2011, 05:31 PM
mALX   Wanted to be specific on a couple of points- one ...   Dec 17 2011, 07:22 PM
McBadgere   My daughter (who's finished the DB ones and ...   Dec 17 2011, 07:50 PM
mALX   My daughter (who's finished the DB ones and...   Dec 17 2011, 09:03 PM
Destri Melarg   Throughout the long months leading up to this game...   Dec 17 2011, 10:23 PM
Thomas Kaira   There are so many choices this game forces you to ...   Dec 27 2011, 08:27 AM
will79   There are so many choices this game forces you to...   Dec 29 2011, 04:18 PM
Black Hand   Morrowind = Total immersion, rich lore, complete p...   Dec 27 2011, 10:41 AM
mALX   As proof and tempering of tempers, may I present...   Dec 30 2011, 02:25 AM
McBadgere   LMFAO... Love you too... :P ... :D :lol: ... G...   Dec 27 2011, 01:15 PM
Black Hand   "So you saved Skyrim from the Dragons then.....   Dec 27 2011, 08:31 PM
Lady Saga   I'm glad I read this thread because this is so...   Apr 3 2012, 12:54 PM
Darkness Eternal   There should of been two parts of the Companions w...   Apr 5 2012, 02:17 AM
SubRosa   I cannot see me ever doing the Companions quest li...   Apr 5 2012, 03:18 AM
Lady Saga   I cannot see me ever doing the Companions quest l...   Apr 5 2012, 03:10 PM
Darkness Eternal   Yeah. Kodlak, Farkas, Vilkas are just plain meh. S...   Apr 5 2012, 04:42 AM
McBadgere   Indeed, the Civil War quest is horrible... :D ...   Apr 5 2012, 06:11 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:20 PM