Renee
post Nov 22 2020, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

IPB Image

Clavicus Vile

When the dream began, she found herself lying in a cart, lying in hay, lying still, half-hiding from the others. Part of her wanted to be out there with them, while another part felt quietly content to stay right there. Right in that haypile. Staying still, and keeping quiet. It's this latter, secondary part which attained.

The scene was heavily pastoral. Lots of trees, green with foliage. Sunlight and blue skies. A few puffy clouds, a perfect sort of day. The sounds of others around her. The cart she was in had been drawn off to the side, placed in shadow. The horse which had brought it here must have been tethered somewhere else. As she lay in the cart, she began to feel rather lonely. Sad, and lonely, despite the others cavorting nearby.

They were there for her. All of them, gaily awaiting her presence. Dressed in finery. The women wearing whites, pinks, and light blues. Maids and maidens. The men, dressed more somberly, but the sounds from their revelries were no less delighted and cheerful.

Where is she? Where is Laprima?

Someone was calling. A man, sounding a bit tipsy with wine, perhaps. Yet his voice contained an edge of concern. And then, the voice of one of the ladies...

We should go find her! She's probably near! She's going to miss out!

She sank lower, hiding within hay. She could hear them coming, getting nearer, occasionally calling out to her. She cowered. Not with fear, but with some sort of distress. Lonely she was, and part of her did want to join the others.

She scrunched within the hay as footsteps approached and circled the cart. She held her breath. Eventually, the footsteps moved on. Small relief; she exhaled. They hadn't discovered her. So she took a chance. Got situated upon her arms, and raised her head about a foot, attempting to peer over the cart's side. As she did so, she noticed there was a knot in its wooden planking. For no reason at all (other than, this is a dream, and in dreams we sometimes do strange things) she pushed upon this knot, and the knot fell out, leaving a hole. She squinted her left eye, viewing outside of the cart, only to see vague shapes of the departing couple, heading off into a cabin. Still calling out, still calling her name.

...And that's when she noticed the man with the dog.
...He stood off to the side of the meadow, nearer to the woods.
...He stood in shadow. He wore a jerkin of white and black. He beckoned to her.

You there! I can see you, he said quietly. Despite using a soft tone, she could hear his voice clearly, in the surreal way which dreams can magnify. I can see you, and I mean no harm. Why do not you approach me?

She felt a stab of fear. How can he view me, hiding within this cart? But then, she relaxed. For the man was merely a boy. A boy she recognized from her youth. And this boy was her brother.

Laprima! he called. Come hither, posthaste!

And so she did.

She rose from the cart, took a moment to brush stray strands of hay from her clothings, and then ran swiftly toward her brother, skirts ruffling below. She noticed that the dog which had been there a moment ago had vacated, or vanished. She looked to her brother as she drew nearer. And her brother smiled up at her in his typically mischievous way. A smile she hadn't seen since they were, in fact, both children. Her previous feelings of loneliness were gone.

You should depart! her brother said to her, dancing around her with gaited elan. Head on! Depart hence toward Solitude! And do as they say! ... These folks you see in their fabled costumes, all of them here, are of nothing to you! ... To us! .. They mean nothing! ... A wretched lot! ... So onwards must you go! ... Your man, he awaits your presence! And you shall be in high company! Just dandy! Just peachy!

She felt elation at his words. Her brother, right there before her. 'Whatever is to come, would be fine,' he was telling her, seemingly tapping within her thoughts, her hopes, her fears.

Elija, she said to him.

Yes, sister!

She was weeping by now.

Her hands raised to embrace him. But just then, a flash of emotion overcame her. A mixture of revolting sickness, and sweet delight. She recoiled, stumbled backwards in disgust...

Laprima Donnaugh awoke, bolt upright, her eyes teary. Her bed quarters around her, her 8 year-old feline dozing by her side. She'd just had a dream. Her thoughts were racing, so she consciously made an effort to remember all she could. ... Her brother .... A cart ... Some people walking by in gay costume ... A dog by the side of the forest ... Slowly, she pieced it all together. After a minute or so, she sat up in bed, inked her quill and began to scribble words quickly in her journal.

After she had recalled all she could, she realized she was in agreement with her brother. She would head to Solitude.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 24 2022, 02:42 PM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
treydog
post Nov 22 2020, 08:43 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

It is wonderful to have new Renee writing! And what in intriguing and lush start, filled with descriptions, and tension, and mystery. (Gets the popcorn and settles in for the story).

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 23 2020, 07:05 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

This felt like a dream from the start, which is neat.

Uh oh, methinks that fella with the dog is going to be trouble. Especially given the name of this episode.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 23 2020, 02:26 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm so pleased to see you finally posting something in the fan fic forum! I know you have been apprehensive at that but we really don't bite. In fact I suspect most of us are primarily interested in encouraging whatever the objectives of the writer are; after all, the primary goal here is to have fun and enjoy this supportive outlet for your creativity.

Speaking of creativity, this was a wonderfully mysterious introduction that built a nice sense of anticipation as to what will happen next. The dream was a nice way to go, since it affords plenty of freedom and lends itself to raising more questions than answers. Given your 'Dreams' thread, I chuckled as I imagined this is what some your own dreams feel like.

Given the title, man + dog, I am wondering the same thing as SubRosa.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 23 2020, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

A good beginning left me looking forward to reading more of this adventure. Running off to Solitude on the suggestion of a dream is good but I’m a bit apprehensive about the brother and his dog. Be wary Laprima, I’m not sure Elija is who you think he is.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 7 2020, 04:25 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey, thanks you all. smile.gif Hug_emoticon.gif cake.gif Sorry I've been quiet.

SubRosa: As you intuited, that fellow with the dog IS going to be trouble for her. indifferent.gif I hope Chorrol.com stay open throughout the 2020s, as it's going to take some time to tell the rest of her tale.

macole: Thank you so much. smile.gif Hopefully this story will have a different 'feel' to it compared to my writings outside of fan fiction. I am glad you are holding down the fort in the Oblivion Spoilers section and I plan to write more Kahreem (maybe Joan of Arkay) there some day.

Acadian: Yes, here's a true Fan Fic story, I hope. I've been planning this for several years now! .... I wrote the above a while ago (over a year ago, for sure) after having a dream of my own, in which I was hiding in a hay cart from party-goers, so Laprima's pilot chapter is amended from that.

Nowadays I tend to think of Fan Fiction as a 'best work' sort of scenario. I only want to put my best in this forum. Goblin Lady came close, you were right about that. I would say Vicious on the other hand is sloppier (her tale is supposed to be a bit vulgar and shiftless) and I like writing Vicious tales on-the-spot as I'm gaming, whereas with Laprima there will be more imagination involved. THAT to me is the main difference between fanfics versus mere updates--imagination becomes more prevalent, right?

treydog-- Your story with Athynae and Athlain inspired me a few months ago. smile.gif Now that it's colder, and I play Skyrim when it's colder, here we are. Unfortunately your popcorn may have gone cold by now. Sorry about that!

All-- This is a Skyrim story, and it will continue it after I finally b34t Skyrim's main quest. Finishing the MQ has to happen first; that's the goal I set for myself. Not with Laprima, but with another character of mine. So it might be awhile before Chapter II gets written, but it's coming.

Laprimma Donna was an independent beauty parlor located near me, mostly where we'd get our nails and hair done for some special occasion. I went in there once. Got the inspiration to use its name for some reason for my lady up above. I was torn between Laprima Donaugh and Hera Ticch, but I think Laprima works better. Donaugh is an actual Irish surname, and as we'll see, Laprima has some 'Irish' in her (...what equates to Irish in the land of Elder Scrolls).

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 10 2020, 06:56 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 7 2020, 09:25 AM) *

Laprimma Donna was an independent beauty parlor located near me, mostly where we'd get our nails and hair done for some special occasion. I went in there once. Got the inspiration to use its name for some reason for my lady up above. I was torn between Laprima Donaugh and Hera Ticch, but I think Laprima works better. Donaugh is an actual Irish surname, and as we'll see, Laprima has some 'Irish' in her (...what equates to Irish in the land of Elder Scrolls).

I have an earworm that has been singing Dion’s Donna the Prima Donna the past few days ever since I read this so I have to toss in my two-cents worth. When looking for something to equate to Irish I’ll point to the Bretons in High Rock. There’s enough counties in High Rock to cover every Celtic tribe and then some e.g. Irish, Manx, Cornish, Welsh, Scottish and of course Bretons. Then there is the Daggerfall book The Faerie. It’s somewhat out of favor these days but somewhere in the chain are the Irish Aes Sidhe.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 11 2020, 03:55 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey look at that, There's some Dion. Haven't heard some Dion since I was a kid, I think. cool.gif

I don't remember what race Laprima is, pretty sure she's Imperial. She's supposed to be royalty, but I don't want to get too far ahead of the story just yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 22 2022, 02:34 AM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 11 2020, 09:55 AM) *

I don't remember what race Laprima is, pretty sure she's Imperial.

Nope, she is Nord. Matter of fact, here is her stat sheet. Yeah, I make one of these for all of mine. wink.gif

Laprimma Donnagh

Created: 12:14 pm October 29, 2017

Race: Nord
Sex: Female
Class: Nightblade (customized)

Birthsign: The Lady

Alignment:
Tendencies:

ST: 8.00
DX: 8.00
IQ: 16.38

Skills: Alertness (1), Charisma (2), Horsemanship (1), Knife (1), Literacy (1), Scholar (2), Speechcraft (2), Silent Movement (2), Thief (2), Thrown Weapons (2)*

Spells: Heal Self

Note: the skills and spells above are what Laprima comes to Skyrim with pre-knowledtge.

* Thrown Weapons is tentative. There is a good thrown weapon mod called Throwing Weapons but it includes grenades. If we can remove these it should work.

Scholar would normally be given 3 IQ points, but it includes the ability to "know any language", which Laprima has not studied. She has studied all manner of Tamrelic lore, the Gods, culture (including Skyrim's).

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 22 2022, 02:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 23 2022, 06:16 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

They weren't supposed to happen to her, the events which are to be told in this upcoming story.

|||||||

She had the life of a princess. A life which many spend their days reposed and dreaming of. Coddled and virtually cuddled with riches. Servants and assistants. A man to wed on her horizon. Had she stayed in Cyrodiil, had she not followed the mischievous, dream-given advice from her brother, would any of the changes-to-come actually become?

Solitude

The day was half over and skies were fair over the town of Solitude, when a ship arrived at the town's docks. Once it had been properly moored, activity then ensued. Sailors and longshoremen began their tasks; unloading crates and barrels, folding the ship's mainsail into its boom, busying themselves with tacks and hull-work. Bells clanged in the distance as they worked.

Very few of those who arrived to Solitude on this day had traveled to Skyrim permanently. One of these travelers moved slower than the rest. A young lady, a noblewoman, poshly dressed in clothes of golden weaves, a hat of fur upon her head. The lady looked upward, upward toward the town, which seemed as though it'd been built an entire mile over the sea. She then gazed this way and that, seeming confused as to which way to go. Finally, she asked one of the wharfmen something. One of the wharfmen answered. His answer took roughly a minute, as he patiently explained some details. The lady seemed satisfied, so she began to walk briskly away.

IPB Image

High above her, high above the boats and Solitude's docks that is, a conversation ensued.

"Has the ship moored?" asked Elisif the Fair, high queen of Skyrim.

"Indeed it has," replied Falk Firebeard, Elisif's long-trusted steward. "As of eleven hours and thirty, its anchor has dropped, and its sails are being stowed."

Elisif fidgeted. Adjusted herself upon her throne. Smiled. Gazed lazily to the right. Her fingers touched her temple, rubbed for a moment. A look upon her face. Falk Firebeard knew that look well. It was Elisif's look of concern.

IPB Image

By now, the lady in golden weaves had arrived to Solitude's entry gate. The journey from ship to town hadn't lasted long, yet it had been somewhat confusing. This could be inferred by the way the lady paused, before continuing to walk, several times as she came up the hill. She passed by a soldier, who said something to her. The lady listened to the soldier a moment, then continued to walk.

IPB Image

As Falk knew well, Elisif the Fair was one of the only Jarls in Skyrim who never slouched upon her throne. She never slouched, because she felt it to be of utmost importance to present herself to her city in a proper, delegatory way at all times. Dignified, yet anticipating. Especially after the events of the past few months. Many things had happened, many bad things had occurred in her beloved country during these months. It was important to maintain a solid, steady presence under such circumstances. Regality had been set aside during these months for greater reception.

But today would be a brighter spot in a slew of darkened affairs. Today would be a day of celebration! As the Blue Palace's magical musical devices swirled soothing music throughout, all of her court was present. Falk the Steward at one side, Bolgeir Bearclaw, her trusty Nordic Housecarl, at the other. Sybille Stentor, the court's sage and wizard, was also milling about. As were a smattering of guards and servants. All of them waiting for the moment to come.

"I .. I cannot wait to see her," Elisif confided to her people nervously. "Elated, dare I say! ... And well, I just hope everything has gone well."

"I am sure it has," Falk replied in his thick Nordic accent. "I am sure she's made it here just fine, milady."

Falk is often right about things like this, thought Elisif the Fair, while seconds and minutes passed by. As she and her court continued to wait, the lady wearing golden threads walked into The Winking Skeever, Solitude's inn. She then inquired which way she'd need to go, to find the Blue Palace.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 23 2022, 07:53 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

I love the remark that Elisef never slouched on her throne.

My everyone is anxiously awaiting the Primma's arrival. I wonder what they are expecting from her?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 23 2022, 08:02 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Nice touch about mentioning ringing bells in the background down in the docks - very true.

I also liked it that the actual conversation between the wharfman and Laprimma was never directly written down, instead we could deduce that she got enough directions to find her way to the town.

Elisif is concerned and elated at once, I wonder what is her opinion of Laprimma.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 23 2022, 09:31 PM
Post #13

Paladin
Group Icon

A tantalizing arrival in Solitude that raises as many questions as it answers. It certainly makes me want to continue reading and find out what happens next!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 29 2022, 03:54 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

@Rosa-- Yes, Elisif the Fair never slouches upon her throne, this is true. I read this at UESP, I think. Whoever edited the article on her noticed all the other (awful) jarls tend to slouch.

@Lopov -- Exactly! (About her name not being mentioned yet). I know it's sort of pretentious to write this way, like it's some huge mystery who is walking from the docks, but I'm trying a bunch of new things as her story gets written. I really like the way Chapter 2 moved along with this sort of vague & subtle mystery.

@Acadian-- You have no idea what is to come, this is true. Creation Kit / quest stuff, and so on. It gets rather complicated sometimes, as well as the actual story, which is partially fiction, and partially in-game/real. So I just hope it all works!

I rolled Laprima way back in 2017! I had all these ideas for her story, all of which have been written down on Notepad pages. Some of what you read last week, today, and next week was written way back in December of 2020. Let's see what happens next.

cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 30 2022, 03:43 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

________

Arrival

IPB Image

As Solitude's court waited for her arrival, the poshly-dressed lady who'd traveled to Skyrim entered The Winking Skeever, Solitude's inn and tavern. Dim lighting, the smell of good food. She gazed around a bit. A few patrons were sitting at tables, while a bard played her lute in the Skeever's dining area. Across the room, an innkeeper stood behind his counter. The poshly-dressed lady walked to him. She asked him a question, and the innkeeper took some time to answer. Seemingly satisfied, she ordered a drink, then sat at a nearby table.

A few moments later a man's voice called to her. "Oy, come with me wench!" he said. The voice was coming from a nearby hall. So she stood, turned, and looked round the corner. The man was walking toward her. He wore garb which perhaps looked out of place, here in Solitude's cozy tavern. Fur and bones for armor, with two skulls hanging from his belt.

"Shh!" he spoke quietly. "I overheard what you said to the barkeep. Here. Take this," he said, handing her a note. "Chamany said for you to have it."

The lady took the note, saying nothing.

"Head on to the Blue Palace, they all are waitin' for you. You never saw me, a'right?"

And the man in strange garb was gone.

With this note in hand, she finished her drink, and quickly left the tavern. Back outside, she turned to the left, and began walking briskly away. But something was happening across the courtyard, something serious, which caught her attention. A group of townspeople stood before the town's public podium. Something grim was going on, and the townspeople were watching it.

The lady stopped walking. Turned and moved back to the courtyard, to stand and watch with the others.

-------------------

Inside the Blue Palace, Elisif the Fair continued to await the presence of her highly-anticipated guest. As she did so, Falk Firebeard began to shuffle a bit. He'd been standing for over an hour, and was becoming restless. To pass the time he began to speak.

"Has she been to Skyrim before?" he asked.

Elisif's face went momentarily taut, as though her thoughts had been scattered. "She has not."

"Gracious. When is the last time you saw your niece?"

"Oh my." Elisif thought for a bit. "Not since she was a lass, I'd say. Maybe ten, eleven years' past. I was still living in the Imperial City. This was before Torygg and I met, of course. I was about twenty-five or so. Laprima was ten or eleven. We were at some sort of gala celebration, in the White Gold Tower itself. All of us dressed in our very finest. And Laprima went to hiding, or some such. She went missing, that is. None of us could find her. We were all worried of course, looking and searching all over. The little twerp was supposed to join us for supper!" Elisif began smiling as she recalled.

"So what happened?"

"Finally found her. She'd gone off exploring the tower's crypt, wretched place. Her pink little dress was all smudged with dust!" Elisif giggled a moment as she remembered. "Oh, the dawdlings of children..."

"I see," Firebeard said, absently rubbing his sidearm a bit. "Yes, 'tis good we do not remain as lads and lasses, perhaps. Imagine the world if we were all so careless. Well... many thanks for sharing."

"Many thanks," a few others murmured.

Next it was Sybille Stentor who spoke. "Are you at liberty to tell us why she is locating here now?" the court wizard asked abruptly. "In these times of possible warfare brewing about, perhaps this was a bit of a risky move. We know she and Chamany wish to be wed, soon. They could have done so within their homeland, where the lands are safer." Sybille paused, letting her observations be pondered. "And why did Sir Chamany arrive here a month ago, without his bride-to-be?"

Such a set of questions might seem like a set of unwelcome challenges to the authority of Skyrim's new leader; indeed, one of the court's servants nearly dropped her serving tray as the wizard's words sunk in! But coming from Sybille, whose job it was to know and scrutinize and possibly see all likely, upcoming events, for better or worse, the jarl seemed mostly unfazed.

"Are you suggesting Laprima could be in peril?" Elisif asked.

"It does seem odd," Falk said before the wizard could answer. "I must admit, especially the fact that she chose to come to Skyrim upon a literal barge, a cargo ship as a matter of fact. Why not ride upon one of the royal arks instead?"

"Yes, the Katariah has made the journey from Cyrodiil to Skyrim plenty-a-times," Bolgier Bearclaw added, his voice not as sure as those of the others.

"Maybe she wished not to be noticed as she arrived," Sybille spoke, answering her previous question. "This seems so, I believe. A rather mundane journey this would be, without the luxury of fluffings and her well-apportioned cabin. No Cyrodiilic brandy, no caviar'd slaughterfish eggs as she travelled. But her reception would not be heralded at all when she got here, see? ... Because maybe she does not want to arrive here as a noble. Maybe that would be ... embarrassing for her?"

Sybille began nibbling upon a bit of brioche, congratulating herself, it might seem.

"Makes sense," Firebeard agreed. "She arrives, the ship arrives, that is. The dock bursts alive with workingmen, milling about. No reception. No blasts from the bugles. No revelry at all. And niece Donnaugh arrives without fanfare."

"Perfection," the court wizard replied, wiping a crumb from her lip. As always, it seemed she hadn't really eaten the bun she'd nibbled upon, only chewed it a bit with her incisors. "An arrival without fanfare. I applaud the miss."

"We applaud the miss," Firebeard pumped the air triumphantly with his fist. "By the graces of the Eight."

"By the graces of the Eight," murmured Elisif's court.

Silence fell for a few moments, with only the Blue Palace's soothing music keeping the sudden lull of chatting voices from becoming awkward. Until finally...

"What's taking so long?" Elisif asked. "Falk. Are you sure you sent word to the guards that my niece is to be here on this day, Frostfall the twenty-fourth?"

And Falk Firebeard did not have an immediate answer to his lady's query.

It was as if the entire world had shifted a bit, an earthquake had occurred beneath their feet perhaps, the palace's walls had begun to crumble perhaps, the entire natural stone arch which held Solitude over the sea had begun to break apart perhaps. Because for once, Falk Firebeard did not have an immediate answer to his lady's query.

"I uh..."

"Well, listen. It is fine. It is not of any worry or concern," Elisif said soothingly. "Let us not become fussy. It is not as if Laprima has fallen prey to maliciousness, right? Just ... we shall do it now. We shall call the guard now. GUARDS!" she hollered, while Falk began to sulk.

"Yes, milady," answered one of Solitude's finest. He had appeared so quickly up the stairs, it was as if he'd been listening to their words all along.

"Head down toward the docks," Firebeard commanded, taking over. "See and inquire if our lady's niece has arrived. Her name is Laprima."

"Yes, milord."

The guard began to move downstairs just as quickly as he'd come. But before he could get far there was a bit of commotion, coming from the palace's entry foyer. The Blue Palace's doors were heard opening wide, and the sound of footsteps began to echo toward the court.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 30 2022, 07:46 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

This mysterious skull man is certainly mysterious, passing the Prima secret notes.

Oh, so she is Elisef's niece! Now some things make more sense.

And now the mystery of Sir Chamany is revealed as well.

Uh oh, here comes... someone. Laprimma? Only time will tell the tale.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 30 2022, 08:45 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Did the guards get the message of Laprima's expected arrival and what of that mysterious letter from Chamany? Hmmm, I wonder.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 30 2022, 09:15 PM
Post #18

Paladin
Group Icon

This is fun, as you gradually reveal tidbits of information - and this episode included several new morsels. Still loads of mystery and unanswered questions.

I'm enjoying the mix of the familiar (Winking Skeever, public execution, Elisef's court) with Laprima's tale yet to be told.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 31 2022, 07:21 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Nice, each story is more interesting than the one before. You're really making a big event out of Laprima's arrival to Solitude, I guess that we as readers are anticipating her as eagerly as her aunt.

Chamany! bigsmile.gif What a cool name. I had a character in Skyrim named Chamany as well.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 19 2022, 04:46 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Hello, I'm finally back. New computer's on the way. smile.gif My old auxiliary computer went kaput last week, and its hard drive is where all my stories are, but fortunately I am in the habit of emailing story text back and forth. This means I've had access to the next two chapters, only needing to write in a few missing parts.

SubRosa-- that guy who gave Laprima the note started because I was trying to learn how to make an NPC force-greet my character. It took a surprisingly long time for me to learn this (as Creation Kit stuff, even the easiest stuff, often does). In the process I began to make a little story around that guy. He's the one who basically kicks in Laprima's "main quest". tongue.gif

macole-- We're about to see if the guard is successful at finding my lady, and other things indeed. smile.gif Since you know what it's like to be immaculately frightened by a videogame, I am going to try to throw a little Daggerfall into Laprima's tale here and there.

Thanks Acadian. I'm having fun writing this one, but in a different way than a lot of past characters I've been with. With Kahreem, Joan of Arkay, and several others for instance, I'm writing the story as it goes along, following whatever Bethesda quest(s) they're involved with. With Sarah and Vicious and Goblin Lady, I make my own quests, but most of those are short-term stuff. Nothing too grand. With Laprima though, I've been compiling ideas for the past FOUR years! blink.gif I basically meant to start gaming with her way back in 2018. Yeah. So, there's a lot of directions and ideas her story can follow.

Lopov -- Yeah sorry, I borrowed the name Chamany because I got stuck for a name, and I've always liked Chamany. It sounds sort of French. hehe.gif I know he was one of your first Skyrim characters. This is not supposed to be the same guy, though.

Me -- So to recap, not much has happened so far. Laprima has arrived to Skyrim, while Lady Elisif, her aunt, awaits, along with the rest of the court. For some reason, Laprima took a detour into the Winking Skeever, where she was handed a note from a stranger. This note was from her husband-to-be, Chamany LaCroix, who seems not to be present in Solitude as of yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:20 PM