Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> West Virginia Wayfaring and Vagabonding, Country Rooooooads, Take Me Hoooooooome
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 17 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 13 2020, 08:06 AM) *

Is that a nuclear cooling tower in the background of A Legend Made Real?

I believe so. Can't remember where I took the photo, so I can't say for certain.

The last couple days I experienced some much tougher battles, biting off more than I could chew in a couple cases. In one such case, I encountered a Wendigo along with a few feral ghouls ganging up on me and I barely escaped the battle. I actually ran out of stimpaks. I ran out of stimpaks on another occasion too. In that case, I thought I was still within the boundaries of the starting zone, The Forest, but it turned out I had just entered the Savage Divide when I was trying to explore a tower on the map. Three charred feral ghouls--yes, the kind in Fallout 4 that were extremely stubborn about dying most of the time--at LEVEL 62 just annihilated me. I died 3 or 4 times, but I was able to respawn right there since it was a map location. I still almost died another time, but I luckily killed the last ghoul before he got another killing blow.

Here are a lot of screenshots from the photo mode this time. Honestly...photo mode sucks. You can only go like maybe 20 feet from your character and maybe only like 15 feet above them. Maybe they don't want you to use it to scout out a place or something, but that is overly limiting. Still, I was able to get some nice screenshots out of it.

The Adventure Begins

Packing Heat

Anybody Home?

Watcher in the Night

Helloooooo, Nurse! (Bonus Internet points worth absolutely nothing to the people who know this reference.)

So...You Come Here Often? (Yes, I killed that Scorched and he sat like that when I did it.)

Moonlighting

Autumn in Appalachia

On the Lookout

Ghost Town

Is This West Virginia or Morrowind?

The Hardest-Hitting Reporter in Appalachia (Got a bundle that let me craft a certain someone's cap and press outfit from Fallout 4. And as you may remember, I absolutely adore Piper Wright.)

Mothman's Chapel

The Relay Tower

Incognito (Can you spot Mariah? She found a chest piece that lets her cloak when she stays still. I was wondering what was happening until I remembered that I looted that piece.)

Praise the Mighty Mothman!

Here's a Little Diddy I Like to Call...

C.A.M.P. Shot 1

C.A.M.P. Shot 2

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 17 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, for a moment I thought that Piper was in the game.

Mothman's Chapel is really creepy.

I think I can see Mariah in the middle of that pic, things get all warped-looking there.

The Camp shots look a lot more involved than I imagined. By the name, I was expecting just a tent and a campfire. That looks more like the standard settlement building in Fallout 4.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 18 2020, 02:13 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

I have no idea what Hellooo Nurse is from, but I somehow remember somebody saying that during my Hot or Not Contest like 10 years ago in the old Bethsoft forums. wub.gif

I like her dirty white dress. Do clothes / armor get dirty in this game as you adventure around? I seem to remember in Fallout 4 they can. But maybe that's wrong, too.

Wow, I really cannot spot Mariah in that one picture. But Dropbox also won't let me expand the picture all the way. Maybe it's the browser I am using. Where is she? She must be wearing camo.

Love the indoor lighting in some of these shots. It looks maybe like oil lamps & candles sometimes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 18 2020, 04:33 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jul 17 2020, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 13 2020, 08:06 AM) *

Is that a nuclear cooling tower in the background of A Legend Made Real?

I believe so. Can't remember where I took the photo, so I can't say for certain.

The last couple days I experienced some much tougher battles, biting off more than I could chew in a couple cases. In one such case, I encountered a Wendigo along with a few feral ghouls ganging up on me and I barely escaped the battle. I actually ran out of stimpaks. I ran out of stimpaks on another occasion too. In that case, I thought I was still within the boundaries of the starting zone, The Forest, but it turned out I had just entered the Savage Divide when I was trying to explore a tower on the map. Three charred feral ghouls--yes, the kind in Fallout 4 that were extremely stubborn about dying most of the time--at LEVEL 62 just annihilated me. I died 3 or 4 times, but I was able to respawn right there since it was a map location. I still almost died another time, but I luckily killed the last ghoul before he got another killing blow.

Here are a lot of screenshots from the photo mode this time. Honestly...photo mode sucks. You can only go like maybe 20 feet from your character and maybe only like 15 feet above them. Maybe they don't want you to use it to scout out a place or something, but that is overly limiting. Still, I was able to get some nice screenshots out of it.

The Adventure Begins

Packing Heat

Anybody Home?

Watcher in the Night

Helloooooo, Nurse! (Bonus Internet points worth absolutely nothing to the people who know this reference.)

So...You Come Here Often? (Yes, I killed that Scorched and he sat like that when I did it.)

Moonlighting

Autumn in Appalachia

On the Lookout

Ghost Town

Is This West Virginia or Morrowind?

The Hardest-Hitting Reporter in Appalachia (Got a bundle that let me craft a certain someone's cap and press outfit from Fallout 4. And as you may remember, I absolutely adore Piper Wright.)

Mothman's Chapel

The Relay Tower

Incognito (Can you spot Mariah? She found a chest piece that lets her cloak when she stays still. I was wondering what was happening until I remembered that I looted that piece.)

Praise the Mighty Mothman!

Here's a Little Diddy I Like to Call...

C.A.M.P. Shot 1

C.A.M.P. Shot 2

“Hellllloooo Nurse!” from Animaniacs?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 10 2020, 08:23 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 18 2020, 11:33 AM) *

“Hellllloooo Nurse!” from Animaniacs?

Indeed it is. You get bonus Internet points, Khajiit.

I didn't realize how long it has been since I put up some screenshots of Appalachia. Probably too many new ones to put up in one go, so here is the first batch.

Cloudy(ish) Day

Scouting Ahead

When to go, Wendigo?

Mariah's Got Serious Musical Talent

Profile Pic

Walking Tall

Toxic Valley

Mirelurk Buddy (He actually bugged out and didn't respond to anything, while every time I damaged him his health went right back up. Perfect opportunity for a photo.)

Long Day

Rad Storm

Yeah...I, Uh...Totally Killed This Scorchbeast

Ugly Brute

Echoes of a Town Long Gone

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 10 2020, 08:55 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

That is a wendigo? It looks like a ghoul.

Mariah is dropping sick beats!

Great pic with the sun over her shoulder.

Mariah has a new pet - Lurky!

Having a great day in the rad storm.

That scorchbeast is really creepy!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2020, 02:04 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

What the hell is a scorch beast?!! ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 18 2020, 10:43 PM
Post #28

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, it's been quite some time since I posted here. I'll answer Khajiit's question first (apologies about the delay).

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2020, 08:04 PM) *

What the hell is a scorch beast?!! ohmy.gif

A scorchbeast is a giant, irradiated bat. I can't remember exactly how they came to be, but they are the cause of the Scorched plague. The plague turns people into things similar to feral ghouls, only a bit more methodical and slightly able to put together words. Here's more info on all these ugly brutes.

The Scorched: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorched

Scorched up close: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorched?file=Scorched.jpg

Full-body shot: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorched?fi...76_Scorched.png

Scorchbeasts: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorchbeast

Close-up of a live scorchbeast: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorchbeast...orchedbeast.jpg

The biggest and baddest of them all - The Scorchbeast Queen: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorchbeast...orchedearth.jpg

For all the flaws of this game, the developers were very creative with the bestiary. Granted, we have yet ANOTHER version of Deathclaws and Super Mutants, but BGS went hard with the local folklore monsters.

I finally came back to Fallout 76 after a bit of a hiatus. And I have some screenshots from the past few days. On Wednesday, I even played a little bit with one of my guildmates from my PvP guild in ESO. I convinced him to try the game out (if it was on sale), and he got for pretty cheap. He got quite hooked on it and blew past my level. A few of these screenshots were from that play session, and one or two even feature him in it.

There were some particularly cool things to be found in my latest adventures in Appalachia. But first, some older screenshots I never got around to posting. Buckle up, because there is a lot of stuff coming.

Please don't see me...

Shouldn't Have Used Your Head

*CROAK*

Mole-Mining for Trouble

Started from the Bottom, Now We're WAY up Here

This Stranger Sure is...Mysterious

Spookiness is Afoot

Watoga Shootout

------------------------------------------

And now, for the new stuff.

I found a giant resort called the Whitesprings Resort and the inside was almost entirely intact. There was an entire strip mall in there and you can actually buy a bunch of stuff! (There's a gold course, but alas, you likely cannot play golf).

Card-Carrying Member of the Club

We're going shoppppiiiiiing!

Look at this place!

So much stuff! (You can make your character do some poses and facial expressions in photomode.)

Do you guys still have the Assaultron massage special? (Yes, there is a massage parlor run by Assaultrons. You gather from their dialogue and some holotapes and notes that they apparently caused a lot of spinal contusions, given their appendages are NOT conducive to relaxing people's muscles.)

Sir, I've been waiting for my meal for an hour now

YES, WE CAN! (This is the theater in the Whitesprings Resort. I just found out that, in photomode, you can add various filters like noise and scanlines to make the photo look more retro. Pretty cool!)

Getting the Band Together

Kablooie!

And speaking of the bestiary in this game, I came across a new cryptid today: The Sheepsquatch. A Legendary one in this case. And let me tell ya, even though he didn't hit all that hard, to say he took a serious beating before he went down is an understatement. With a giant host of guns, grenades, and a sword, this fight took well over five minutes to finish. Maybe even 10. Several Super Mutants tussled with him at first, but they were no match for him. Luckily, he was slow and kind of dumb (though I think a lot of that was the AI, because he stood still against the Super Mutants for a long time.) But he could 1) run and headbutt you; 2) kick you if you were behind him; 3) jump up and stomp the ground to cause a mini-quake; 4) claw you, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row; and 5) shoot a boatload of quills from his back like we used to think porcupines could. I ran through well over half of my ammo and my stimpaks trying to bring him down, and luckily I brought a ton of both. On the bright side, it seriously lessened my inventory weight. (This was all when I was on my own yesterday.)

Insert Expletives in Awe and Feat Here

The Mutant May be Super, but The Sheepsquatch is Legendary

"I heard you was talkin' s---"

The Apex Predator

Please don't kill me...

"Fight me, bro."

The beast is no more

Stay tuned for more adventures from the plaaaaaaceee...I BELOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG!

WEST VIRGINIAAAAAAAA! MOUNTAIN MAAAAMAAAAAAAAAA! Take me home, country roads.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 18 2020, 10:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 19 2020, 04:07 AM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

Nothing is real here. Now that is spooky. It reminds me of the places in Morrowind where you would find things like "The Dreamer is Awake" written on the walls.

Assaultron massages? No thanks!

Play it again Sam.

That Sheepsquatch is really creepy. It's like an undead Ram god.

That bro is coming at you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 22 2020, 09:43 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah, that is where radtoads come from. huh.gif Yuck. I really like that picture way up high. Wish you could use TFC in this game (I don't think there are console commands, huh?)

She is standing by an old truck or something in that first *new* picture. Does that vehicle actually run?

Wow, look at that shopping mall. blink.gif Funny thing is it does look like a tourist mall from Appalachia.

Mariah is brave, going for a massage from one of those frightening-looking tin machines! ... Whoa, she's playing piano.

Sheepsquawtch ... eww! Did you say your friend also joined you in this gaming session? I don't see him or her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 1 2021, 01:51 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

Amos, former Vault 76 Resident

Heading to Morgantown Airport

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 1 2021, 04:41 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

Amos looks like the guy who changed my car's oil this weekend. biggrin.gif Especially with those coveralls.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 1 2021, 09:47 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

Amos looks like Robert Downey Jr. to me. Keep that in mind when you find some power armor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 2 2021, 12:13 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

He does kinda have some Tony Stark vibes, eh? I couldn't quote place it after that picture. I'm not sure how accessible power armor is in Appalachia - I've yet to see even a piece of it.

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 1 2021, 11:41 AM) *
Amos looks like the guy who changed my car's oil this weekend. biggrin.gif Especially with those coveralls.

Heh, he has since ditched them for military fatigues instead, since the latter can be used with armor pieces. Definitely had a grease monkey vibe, though.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 3 2021, 12:13 PM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Not sure I want to cross that bridge when I come to it..

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 3 2021, 01:42 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

Shesus this game is freeking gorgeous. wub.gif Every time I see FOWV pics I want to try this game. Because again, West Virginia / Appalachians is an area I'm familiar with.

Maybe after Miss Vicious's story is concluded (later this summer) I'll try WV, and also Fallout 4. I'd have to buy a new console though. Maybe PS4s have fallen well in price by now...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jun 3 2021, 02:46 PM
Post #37

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 3 2021, 08:42 AM) *

also Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 is my favorite Fallout game. wub.gif

I haven't played Fallout 76, though. But I agree with you: almost every screenshot I have ever seen of the game looks gorgeous.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 3 2021, 03:02 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

Cool. That endorsement for FO4 carries weight. Another few of those will edge my decision. cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jun 3 2021, 04:05 PM
Post #39

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 3 2021, 10:02 AM) *

Another few of those will edge my decision.

Here's two more. Fallout 4 is my favorite Fallout game. Fallout 4 is my favorite Fallout game.

Oh, wait, you meant from somebody else. My mistake. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Jun 3 2021, 04:07 PM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 3 2021, 04:57 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha funny. wink.gif I'll count those two extra endorsements, anyway. SubRosa, Khajiit, Lopov, and (I think) Kane and Rader were also playing a lot of FO4 back when the game was new. They'd post lost of pictures back in the 2017-2019 days, and I was always blown away by the graphics, which look damn-near photorealistic at times. blink.gif Settlement building also sounds rather fun. Something I'd be interested in.

Xbox 1 or PS4? I don't want the game on PC. Hard to explain, but in a way enjoy the console experience more sometimes, especially if it's my first playthrough.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:28 PM