Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post May 9 2023, 07:51 PM
Post #4201

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 9 2023, 08:49 AM) *

Tweaking builds after “hide shoulders” had me try Oakensoul with Miranu, my EU Magblade. I did a quick run round the Rivenspire Public dungeon, and her damage on the mob packs has increased dramatically, from the twenties to the seventies. ohmy.gif

So now all the servers are down for hardware changes, and I can’t try any of the others. sad.gif

WOW!!!! I need to read up on how to get that ring!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 9 2023, 08:37 PM
Post #4202

Councilor
Group Icon

It’s likely that those numbers exaggerate the effect a lot. Most of those kills were DoT followed by instant AoE, so the start of the first hit to the end of the second was abnormally short. When comparing the longer boss fights, it did not change so much, and testing on a 12M dummy shows she needs more mag regen. The gaps between fights in the Public Dungeons hides that.

In other words, the ring made the small fights much shorter, eliminating the buff, debuff, bar swaps etc. and just leaving the damage casts. Since the mobs don’t last a full rotation, even of one bar, they are not statistically meaningful.

Still, it was enough to justify more testing.

And it has me wondering what use a single-target dummy is for adjusting overall performance. In that PD context, multi-target skills are the useful ones, the balance shifting as the bosses become more important. I should take her off to solo a WB or two next.

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 9 2023, 08:51 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 27 2023, 09:46 PM
Post #4203

Councilor
Group Icon

We've been collecting Dyes recently. Completing the "Saviour of ..." achievements that involve killing all the WB's and doing the Group Events in the zone's Public dungeons, plus the zone story quest etc. In most cases, we just had a boss or two left, so it all went quite quickly.

It might be time to stop. ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 28 2023, 11:50 AM
Post #4204

Paladin
Group Icon

Well kiss a troll and call me pumpkin pants! laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 29 2023, 09:18 PM
Post #4205

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 27 2023, 04:46 PM) *

Oh my! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 17 2023, 12:08 AM
Post #4206

Councilor
Group Icon

Sharp-As-Night: "Stay ready, never know what else might be headed our way."

Jerric: *steps on crocodile*

Jerric is having grand adventures with Sharp. So far neither of them is tired of fishing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 17 2023, 12:28 AM
Post #4207

Paladin
Group Icon

laugh.gif

They did a pretty good job with both the new companions I think. Mirri's position is not in jeopardy though which is nice. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 20 2023, 02:45 PM
Post #4208

Councilor
Group Icon

Is anyone else finding that the change to companion rapport levels means a lot of of them suddendly have a quest for you? Every time I switch characters these days, there’s an arrow over the companion’s head.

And wherever they want me to go, the place is full of low-level Arcanists.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 20 2023, 08:09 PM
Post #4209

Paladin
Group Icon

Now that you mention it, I did notice that Azandar's quest came up quite quickly. And when pulling Ember out on a more rarely used variant of Buffy, she had a quest arrow over her head.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Jun 27 2023, 12:22 PM
Post #4210

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

So, after reading all about your adventures in this thread, a few months ago I finally cracked (and got over my fear of playing an MMO lol) and started playing on the PC EU server. Almost 600 hours later... I'm kinda hooked. Only been playing it as a single-person game until now, but feel like I've learned the ropes (being able to solo some World Bosses certainly helped the confidence!)
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 27 2023, 01:48 PM
Post #4211

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 27 2023, 04:46 PM) *

We've been collecting Dyes recently. Completing the "Saviour of ..." achievements that involve killing all the WB's and doing the Group Events in the zone's Public dungeons, plus the zone story quest etc. In most cases, we just had a boss or two left, so it all went quite quickly.

It might be time to stop. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 9 2023, 03:37 PM) *

It’s likely that those numbers exaggerate the effect a lot. Most of those kills were DoT followed by instant AoE, so the start of the first hit to the end of the second was abnormally short. When comparing the longer boss fights, it did not change so much, and testing on a 12M dummy shows she needs more mag regen. The gaps between fights in the Public Dungeons hides that.

In other words, the ring made the small fights much shorter, eliminating the buff, debuff, bar swaps etc. and just leaving the damage casts. Since the mobs don’t last a full rotation, even of one bar, they are not statistically meaningful.

Still, it was enough to justify more testing.

And it has me wondering what use a single-target dummy is for adjusting overall performance. In that PD context, multi-target skills are the useful ones, the balance shifting as the bosses become more important. I should take her off to solo a WB or two next.

I'm for anything that helps me in combat, lol.

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 16 2023, 07:08 PM) *

Sharp-As-Night: "Stay ready, never know what else might be headed our way."

Jerric: *steps on crocodile*

Jerric is having grand adventures with Sharp. So far neither of them is tired of fishing.

Oh, is this the new Companion? I haven't gotten either yet, will have to go do that when I get some time free again!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 20 2023, 09:45 AM) *

Is anyone else finding that the change to companion rapport levels means a lot of of them suddendly have a quest for you? Every time I switch characters these days, there’s an arrow over the companion’s head.

And wherever they want me to go, the place is full of low-level Arcanists.

Yes, I did notice this. Well, I only use Mirri, but I had already saved her Mother and I thought that was the only quest she had. Now she wants me to go save her Father too!

QUOTE(Burnt Sierra @ Jun 27 2023, 07:22 AM) *

So, after reading all about your adventures in this thread, a few months ago I finally cracked (and got over my fear of playing an MMO lol) and started playing on the PC EU server. Almost 600 hours later... I'm kinda hooked. Only been playing it as a single-person game until now, but feel like I've learned the ropes (being able to solo some World Bosses certainly helped the confidence!)

AWESOME!!!! We have a Guild Meet on the EU server the first Monday of every new month; if you want to meet up with us.

A lot of us pretty much play the game solo; but get together here and there to kind of just "fun run" some world bosses or dungeons that are hard to do alone. (or just to talk to each other on the Discord sometimes).

This is wonderful; and your character must be amazingly tough build to be able to solo World Bosses!!! That is amazing!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Jun 27 2023, 02:13 PM
Post #4212

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 27 2023, 01:48 PM) *

This is wonderful; and your character must be amazingly tough build to be able to solo World Bosses!!! That is amazing!!!

I did say SOME tongue.gif Although The Arcanist I've built up to CP 400 ish is surprisingly resilient. Not really played around with Guilds much yet, just joined my first 2 trading guilds this week to try to sell off stuff after running out of space in both the bank and the storage chests I'd bought for the house. How do I find the guild, or is it an invite?
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 27 2023, 02:32 PM
Post #4213

Councilor
Group Icon

Guild membership for the Chorrolites is by invitation. What's your player ID?

And mALX runs the Discord, so she'll send details of joining that. I'd get it it wrong.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 27 2023, 02:56 PM
Post #4214

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 09:32 AM) *

And mALX runs the Discord, so she'll send details of joining that. I'd get it it wrong.

Uh oh. On the Discord = if he needs a Discord invite, I think anyone can generate an invite link and post it on this thread here. There is a thread that already has the link on it, but it is from so long ago that I am not sure it will still be valid. The thread name should be something like "Guild Hall" under the ESO banner. If that link doesn't work, I will try to figure out a way to make another, but to be honest = can't remember how the heck I did it in the first place, lol. I will def try to get it figured out quick, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 27 2023, 03:21 PM
Post #4215

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Burnt Sierra @ Jun 27 2023, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 27 2023, 01:48 PM) *

I did say SOME tongue.gif Although The Arcanist I've built up to CP 400 ish is surprisingly resilient. Not really played around with Guilds much yet, just joined my first 2 trading guilds this week to try to sell off stuff after running out of space in both the bank and the storage chests I'd bought for the house. How do I find the guild, or is it an invite?

Well I can only solo ONE world boss, lol. And to do it I have to climb on a rock so he can't one hit me, lol.

Oh, I haven't started an Arcanist character yet except on the PTS, how are you liking it?

On the Guilds = you are only allowed to join 5; so I used to always keep two for trading guilds too = helps with the income and inventory. I probably should get back into a trade guild again, just haven't had the time to get in game enough lately.

But here are some inventory tricks if you are getting overwhelmed:

Start a new character of whatever race and class you might want to try out in the future; but until then you just buy up their inventory "backpack upgrades" and horse training "Capacity" and use them/their inventory slots like they are a "pack mule." (Lydia: "I am sworn to carry your burdens...")

If you have Crowns you can buy "Inventory Non Combat Pets" that add 5 extra inventory slots on each of your characters per each pet. I've got three of those, they are a huge help because I have 13 characters (most of which are "bank mules, carrying inventory, lol). So 3 pets gives me 15 extra slots per character = that is almost 200 extra inventory slots.

Another trick is ESO Plus membership (if you don't already have it) = doubles your inventory space, doubles your bank space, and as an added bonus gives you Crowns to spend in the Crown Store to get those Inventory Pets (the only place you can get them).

If you are still struggling; in an emergency you can (get a friend to agree first) = send items to a friend by mail and ask them to return them to you as the title of the message. Then just make sure you open that mail before the thirty days is up so you don't lose the stuff; because Zenimax deletes mail that sits in your mailbox over 30 days.

The best trick is to start your own NON trade Guild and get ten friends to join = at ten members your guild instantly gets a 500 slot bank account. A lot of people have open Guild slots and won't mind helping you out by adding your guild to get you up to the ten members.

Oh, another trick is that you can right click on items and choose to "Mark as Junk" in your character's inventory. Just don't "Empty Junk Folder" if there is anything stored in there that you want.

And last (and hopefully least, lol) = you can buy those hotel room properties or the really cheap houses and just dump any furnishings you have in them; that frees up your storage chests for inventory items that aren't furnishings.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 27 2023, 03:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 27 2023, 04:16 PM
Post #4216

Paladin
Group Icon

Burnt Sierra, great to see you here! ESO is very solo friendly and I think most of us play it mostly solo, just getting together once a month as the chorrol guild for a little guild meeting.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Jun 27 2023, 04:49 PM
Post #4217

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 27 2023, 04:16 PM) *

Burnt Sierra, great to see you here! ESO is very solo friendly and I think most of us play it mostly solo, just getting together once a month as the chorrol guild for a little guild meeting.

Thanks! smile.gif Late to the party, I know. I spent a couple of months lurking away, reading about all your guy's adventures on here, and really wanted to experience it. Really pleased I did.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 02:32 PM) *

Oh, it's a very unique name! *ahem* it's, erm, burntsierra

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 27 2023, 03:21 PM) *

Oh, I haven't started an Arcanist character yet except on the PTS, how are you liking it?

Loving it. My main character was a Nightblade, and when The Arcanist came out it's become my favorite. It's like I expected a Magicka Templar class to be, ranged and tanky. It's also got some of the strongest identity in terms of class skills for me, no more having to have a mix of class, mages guild, and weapon skills, it's actually my strongest character and only uses class skills, so really easy to learn an effective rotation.

Oh, another trick is that you can right click on items and choose to "Mark as Junk" in your character's inventory. Just don't "Empty Junk Folder" if there is anything stored in there that you want.

And last (and hopefully least, lol) = you can buy those hotel room properties or the really cheap houses and just dump any furnishings you have in them; that frees up your storage chests for inventory items that aren't furnishings.

Did not think of either of those! Bought the ESO Plus membership, as I got hooked on crafting, and have splashed out on a "notable" house with crowns. And then had to splash out on storage chests as the ones that came with the house weren't actually usable... There were swear words heard that day...
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 27 2023, 05:29 PM
Post #4218

Councilor
Group Icon

EU Guild invite sent and accepted. We have a new member.

You can create characters on the North America server, too. Several of us play on both.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 27 2023, 08:26 PM
Post #4219

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Burnt Sierra @ Jun 27 2023, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 27 2023, 04:16 PM) *

Thanks! smile.gif Late to the party, I know. I spent a couple of months lurking away, reading about all your guy's adventures on here, and really wanted to experience it. Really pleased I did.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 02:32 PM) *

Oh, it's a very unique name! *ahem* it's, erm, burntsierra

Loving it. My main character was a Nightblade, and when The Arcanist came out it's become my favorite. It's like I expected a Magicka Templar class to be, ranged and tanky. It's also got some of the strongest identity in terms of class skills for me, no more having to have a mix of class, mages guild, and weapon skills, it's actually my strongest character and only uses class skills, so really easy to learn an effective rotation.

Did not think of either of those! Bought the ESO Plus membership, as I got hooked on crafting, and have splashed out on a "notable" house with crowns. And then had to splash out on storage chests as the ones that came with the house weren't actually usable... There were swear words heard that day...

Bold: laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

I tested out an Arcanist on the PTS; and it was a powerful character (but I couldn't tell how much of that was having access to the great armor I was able to get on the PTS that is "ungettable" for me on the live server, lol). It sounds like they are fun to play once you get used to their skill set! I will have to start one soon, my inventory is getting full again, lol.

And yeah; keeping furniture in those storage chests negates their usefulness. Most of us buy one cheap property they designate as "furniture storage" and just dump any unused furnishings in that location. That way all those storage chests can go to character inventory items like having a second bank. That gives you around an extra 360 inventory slots if I am not mistaken.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 12:29 PM) *

You can create characters on the North America server, too. Several of us play on both.

WOO HOO!!! Welcome Burnt!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 27 2023, 08:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Jul 3 2023, 12:05 AM
Post #4220

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 05:29 PM) *

So, just set up a new character on the NA server - I'd been doubtful about it thinking the ping might be terrible. Glad to say I'm not really noticing much of a difference! smile.gif Except.... the NA server is SO MUCH BUSIER! So many people! Kinda shocked after how much quieter the EU server is.
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 209 210 211 212 213 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:18 PM