> Jerric's Story, A Nord's Adventures in Cyrodiil
Acadian
post Nov 28 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #1021

Paladin
Group Icon

What a delight to see this continuing!

The ‘I’m in charge’ contest was great fun to listen to. laugh.gif

Neat how Jerric was able to reach out to Darnand.

I guess the first clue of trouble ahead was the bottle-brush tailed Khajiit's shivering return! That had to be very disorienting when Jerric, the veteran gate-closer, found things not to his expectations on the other side of the gate. I confess it occurs that perhaps they found a gate to Skyrim! tongue.gif

Oops. So much for getting back out the way they came in! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 30 2015, 02:41 PM
Post #1022

Councilor
Group Icon

So not only aren't we in Kansas any more, we're not even in Oblivion? Scary!

Cliff-hanger with a freshly-made cliff! Scarier!!

And what are the ubiquitous life-signs? Scariest!!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 30 2015, 03:51 PM
Post #1023

Ancient
Group Icon

Are you ready yet, or do you want to run your mouth some more?”
I am really liking Kjestrid of the mighty chest. In fact, it is really refreshing to see a Fighters Guild that actually does something, rather than just stand around inside their guildhall like in the game.

It is also great to see Jerric taking charge here. He is the only one with experience at closing gates, and it shows.

Uh oh, looks like we're not in Kansas anymore, or the Deadlands. In wonder where they are? Very neat!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Dec 7 2015, 01:41 PM
Post #1024

Master
Group Icon

Great that this is continuing.

Jerric shows a thing or two to the newbies. After all, he's no stranger to Oblivion.

Cold air stung his face and lungs. Jerric coughed out his first breath in surprise. Grey clouds circled here, too. The light was wrong. So was the footing. What the hells is this?

Jerric scraped the snow until he uncovered hard ground. “Not the same,” he muttered. “No fire in the ground. No lava, no… Not the same. How..?”

But, perhaps, he is a stranger to this place. Cold and grey clouds don't seem to be Dagon's feel, nor colors. No flames, either. A sea of life signs? Hmm. A mystery that will soon be revealed. We can only wait. Anxiously!

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Dec 10 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #1025

Mouth
Group Icon

Fikken Orkey indeed!

I think I know where the crew has stumbled into, but I have to confess that I'm not quite sure how obscure you've decided to go with this. I can only wait for the mystery to be revealed. This chapter fit together like a perfectly calibrated timepiece, and it started from the opening paragraph (which was fantastic btw).

Kjestrid stole the show with her no nonsense approach to everything, and Shamir-do proves to be a more than able scout. That moment when he comes back through the gate gives us our first clue that something isn't quite right, and was handled so well that I felt the chill as much as he did.

Brrrr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 11 2015, 10:50 AM
Post #1026

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I don´t see much of Jerric in the Update thread anymore. I trust he´s still alive and kicking? wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 23 2015, 04:53 PM
Post #1027

Councilor
Group Icon

More more! I wonder what happens next.

No one knows what to do, thought Jerric. That’s why you’re listening to me.

Ha ha I love this. Since Jerric looks sorta like Curt Cobain I can't help but hear his voice as somewhat mumbly, and he slurs his words just a tad.

Love the way you handle curse-words too. laugh.gif "skiit" ... I saw another one in there somewhere, can't find it now though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 11 2016, 01:44 PM
Post #1028

Councilor
Group Icon

Previously: Fighters Guild members Jerric, Kjestrid, Shamir-do, and Gjaever entered a Gate to Oblivion. It is cold there, which was a surprise. While they were discussing matters a canyon opened at their feet and the Gate to Bruma closed.

Acadian: Thank you, Acadian! Jerric should have paid attention to his scout when Shamir-do came shivering back. Lil has taught him better than that! Heļæ½s lucky no one gave him a firm poke with those snowshoes he wanted to leave behind.

ghastley: Well, still in Oblivion but not quite as the game shows us. This is the part I meant with almost following the game plot. biggrin.gif Definitely a what the heck moment for Jerric.

SubRosa: Thank you, SubRosa! Jerric made it all those years in his familyļæ½s company without accepting more responsibility, but now heļæ½s run out of co-workers to push forward. Perhaps his slacker days are (mostly) behind him!

Darkness Eternal: Thank you, DE! They will find out some answers now, but not all of them. Jerric is wishing for A Gate-Crasherļæ½s Guide to the Daedric Realms, lol.

Destri Melarg: Thank you, Destri! Umm, the Fourth Sinus of Takubar? That would have been pretty awesome. What was your idea? Where they are is a different part of a familiar place, though. Iļæ½ve taken some liberties. tongue.gif What Jerric misses, Iļæ½m sure Darnand will figure out.

mirocu: Indeed, Jerric is quite well and always adventuring, thank you for asking. Most of his exploits donļæ½t get mentioned in the game threads.

Renee: Yep, Jerric tends to mumble, drawl, and slur his words even when heļæ½s not been drinking. Heļæ½s been accused of sounding half-asleep when he talks. I put a bunch of words in the Darnandex so that I can remember them, including some swear words, lol. In ESO some of the Nords say ļæ½scat,ļæ½ so I will probably steal that to use here too. Thanks, Renee!

Next: Weļæ½re not in Tamriel anymore.

(Iļæ½ve been struggling to find a convention for Jerricļæ½s frost atronach Ishckrihk speaking to him. For now, ļæ½Text in italics with single quotesļæ½ indicates that Ishckrihk is speaking words in Jerricļæ½s thoughts the way he and Darnand do with their summoning/communication spell, and ļæ½Text with regular quotesļæ½ indicates sounds or words that Ishckrihk is speaking aloud which everyone can hear. And as always Jerricļæ½s thoughts are in italics without any quotes. Please let me know what parts are confusing or if something else would make better sense. Thank you for your patience as we work this out!)

Chapter 17: Bruma, Part Eleven

Jerric leaned over the chasmļæ½s edge. The bottom was visible as a pale swath, details lost in shadow. He willed an orb of arcane frost to his hand and tossed it into the canyon. The rocky walls opened into a chamber, its limits beyond his visible angle. His improvised light was too faint to identify the shapes on its floor.

ļæ½This whole thing shows living energy,ļæ½ Kjestrid said. Her voice cracked. ļæ½Shamir-do, what do you see?ļæ½

ļæ½Some things at the bottom,ļæ½ said the Khajiit. ļæ½Lumps.ļæ½

ļæ½Pods?ļæ½ asked Jerric. ļæ½Do they look like sort of flesh pods?ļæ½

Shamir-do made a noise of disgust. Jerric took that as agreement.

ļæ½We need to move,ļæ½ Jerric said to Kjestrid, keeping the command out of his voice. This was no time for a pissing contest. ļæ½You have the ring.ļæ½

Kjestrid moved them back to their outcrop. ļæ½What is this place?ļæ½ she asked Jerric.

I have no idea. ļæ½Iļæ½ve seen this before,ļæ½ he said, focusing on the part that was true. ļæ½A nesting site for spider daedra full of those pods. Iļæ½ve seen them in chambers like that and scattered above ground in sheltered places. I thought they were egg sacs, but now I know that daedra are made, not,ļæ½ he made a crude gesture, ļæ½begotten. Iļæ½ve destroyed some and found scamp and clannfear parts inside, and also bones and clothing. Sometimes the daedra are all the way grown when I cut them out. Small, but ready to fight. They must put mortals into the pods and seed them with their own creatures. Thatļæ½s how Iļæ½d wager. ļæ½

ļæ½A trap?ļæ½ Kjestrid asked. ļæ½Draw folk from our world and then drop them down with the pods when the chamber opens?ļæ½

ļæ½Khajiit is going to be sick,ļæ½ Shamir-do announced. He quickly proved himself correct.

ļæ½Not many would come here on purpose,ļæ½ Jerric said. ļæ½More likely they planned to attack the village and bring those folk back here. Iļæ½ve seen that, too, and theyļæ½ Well, they take everyone. Could be waiting for tonight when the houses will be full.ļæ½ He spent a moment fighting his stomach while Shamir-do retched and spat. ļæ½I think these Gates connect with fixed points in Tamriel, but I donļæ½t know how close they can get to their target when they open them. The Mythic Dawn, I mean. When they do their ritual with the sigil stone in our world, they might not be very close to where they think they are in this one. Maybe they need someone on this side to help, and the time is off in our world. I donļæ½t know, though. Darnand says Daedric scholars that make it in these realms donļæ½t tend to come back out and share their work with the likes of us.ļæ½

ļæ½Then we need to move,ļæ½ Kjestrid said, echoing Jerricļæ½s words. ļæ½A raiding party could be on its way here. How do we get out?ļæ½

ļæ½Uh,ļæ½ said Jerric. He stalled for time to think. ļæ½Someone closed the Gate. If they were going out why did they shut the door first?ļæ½

ļæ½Does it matter?ļæ½ Kjestrid snapped. ļæ½You can ask your mage when we get home. Letļæ½s go.ļæ½

ļæ½Perhaps when we stepped upon this ground the chamber opened to receive its meal,ļæ½ Shamir-do said. ļæ½Perhaps their tower thought its work was complete.ļæ½

Jerric gave him raised brows.

ļæ½Khajiit has heard much of those who travel to Moonshadow,ļæ½ Shamir-do said. ļæ½Portals can have minds of their own.ļæ½

ļæ½How,ļæ½ said Kjestrid. ļæ½Do. We. Get. Out?ļæ½ She continued to turn, searching for life signs in the fog.

ļæ½Weļæ½ll have to find a sigil tower thatļæ½s connected to an open Gate,ļæ½ Jerric admitted. ļæ½Or find one and wait for it to open. The Gate site in County Bruma is guarded now, no one will come back to open it. Waiting here weļæ½ll likely freeze to death long before the food runs out.ļæ½

ļæ½This one does not see a tower,ļæ½ Shamir-do hissed. ļæ½This one does not see an open Gate. This one sees no water, no food, no way out. The land is frozen and dead! Shamir agreed to guard the Kjellingsson, but Khajiit does not wish to die here for that one!ļæ½

Kjestrid gave Gjaever a look. The big Nord placed his palm over the Khajiitļæ½s shoulder.

ļæ½I have an idea,ļæ½ Jerric said. ļæ½I know what we need, but not where to find it. I know someone who might. A frost atronach. His name is Ishckrihk.ļæ½

Kjestrid opened her mouth and then closed it again.

ļæ½I can summon him to any realm,ļæ½ Jerric continued. I hope. ļæ½Heļæ½s an ally. This may be his home for all we know. Itļæ½s cold enough for ice people here.ļæ½

ļæ½What happens when your summon turns against you? Will he call for his folk?ļæ½ Kjestrid gestured at the canyon. ļæ½Will he move the ground on us, grow some frostlings in our bellies?ļæ½

Asgerd said to show them what you can do and theyļæ½ll more readily accept your command. ļæ½Kjestrid,ļæ½ Jerric said, ļæ½we need to move in the right direction. We donļæ½t have the luxury of mistakes and backtracking. Something to eat or burn for heat will buy us time, but weļæ½d miss it in this mist. Ishckrihk can see without eyes. Letļæ½s ask him.ļæ½

ļæ½Do it,ļæ½ Kjestrid told him.

Jerricļæ½s three companions stepped back in the same motion. Their weapons sang into the frozen air.

ļæ½Look,ļæ½ Jerric said. ļæ½Settle the hells down. I donļæ½t want to make him angry. Iļæ½ve fought daedra with him before and he stayed true, but right now thereļæ½s nothing else around for him to kill.ļæ½

ļæ½Make sure you tell him that weļæ½re friends,ļæ½ Kjestrid called.

ļæ½Donļæ½t know if thatļæ½s going to matter,ļæ½ muttered Jerric.

Ishckrihk made the connection immediately. The instant Jerricļæ½s portal opened, the atronachļæ½s essence roared out and began to solidify. For the first time Jerric felt the daedra reach through the spell and tug at his magicka. Jerric had one thought as Ishckrihk rose before them in crystalline splendor. This could go very badly.

Ishckrihkļæ½s featureless face tilted down at Jerric, then back as he surveyed the group behind him.

ļæ½Ishckrihk.ļæ½

ļæ½Jerric.ļæ½ The atronachļæ½s voice sounded in Jerricļæ½s head at the same time he made the sound, ļæ½Ck.ļæ½

Jerric gestured to the group. ļæ½These are my, uh, friends. We are allies. They are your allies. Protect them as you protect me.ļæ½ He sent an image of the group fighting dremora together with Ishckrihk at their side.

Ishckrihk bowed his head lump and brought his hand spikes together. He made a soft rumble.

Jerric turned back to his guild mates. They looked nervous but steady. Even Shamir-do stood still.

Now donļæ½t repay their trust by getting them all killed, he thought. Jerric let out the breath he hadnļæ½t known heļæ½d been holding. ļæ½My name is Jerric, son of Kjelling. Iļæ½m from Kvatch.ļæ½

ļæ½Youļæ½re Lionheart,ļæ½ Kjestrid said after a moment. ļæ½Heard of you.ļæ½

ļæ½All right,ļæ½ said Jerric. ļæ½Now me and the ice man are going to talk.ļæ½ He explained the situation aloud to Ishckrihk, all the while adding layers with the pictures in his mind.

ļæ½I am sight for you,ļæ½ Ishckrihk answered. The vision came in a disorienting rush. Jerric fought rising bile as Ishckrihkļæ½s view laid over his own, showing him what the atronach could see. He closed his eyes so he could concentrate, then staggered when the ground seemed to shift.

ļæ½Kjestrid, is something moving underneath?ļæ½

ļæ½No. What is it? Whatļæ½s alive? Ask him.ļæ½

Ishckrihk answered Kjestrid with creaking sounds and another surge of thoughts crowding Jerricļæ½s mind.

ļæ½Gods,ļæ½ Jerric groaned. ļæ½I think heļæ½sļæ½ What?ļæ½

ļæ½Ground.ļæ½

ļæ½Yeah, I know itļæ½s in the ground. Whatļæ½ļæ½

ļæ½Ground a life. The ground is alive. They are one.ļæ½

ļæ½Does that ice noise make sense to you?ļæ½ Kjestrid asked Jerric.

ļæ½No, heļæ½s talking in myļæ½ Heļæ½s...ļæ½ Jerric opened his eyes and spoke to Ishckrihk. ļæ½Youļæ½re using more words.ļæ½

Ishckrihk made his affirmative hiss, then a series of cracking sounds.

Jerric stared at him. ļæ½Are you laughing?ļæ½

ļæ½Anvil,ļæ½ Kjestrid barked, ļæ½Report.ļæ½

ļæ½He says the ground is alive.ļæ½ Jerric said to Kjestrid. He shot a look back at the atronach. ļæ½No kidding. He says itļæ½s, uh, I get the sense itļæ½s a, what do you call it? Like coral.ļæ½

ļæ½Colonial,ļæ½ said Shamir-do.

ļæ½Yeah. Itļæ½s a daedra colony. Of little ones.ļæ½

ļæ½Little what?ļæ½ Kjestrid asked. ļæ½Those seeds you were talking about?ļæ½

ļæ½I donļæ½t know how to kill the ground, so letļæ½s not stay and find out. Lesser daedra take different forms to meet what their masters need. Like doors, or weapons and armor. Some of what the dremora wear are other daedra. Maybe they need rocks. Maybe theyļæ½re growing a tower. Maybe we should get the hells out of here before it eats us and skitts out a staircase.ļæ½

ļæ½Kuh, kuh, kuh,ļæ½ said Ishckrihk.

Heļæ½s definitely laughing, thought Jerric. He felt another chill, this one from his insides.

ļæ½Focus,ļæ½ said Kjestrid. ļæ½Tell me what you know.ļæ½

Jerric stood facing the same direction as Ishckrihk and closed his eyes again. He could see his own back in front of the frost atronach. ļæ½Uhļæ½ there are mountainsļæ½ over there. Thereļæ½s a volcano covered in snow. I can see lava glowing and steam coming up. I guess thatļæ½s where this fog is coming from.ļæ½ He spoke to Ishckrihk. ļæ½Show me again.ļæ½

The pictures came with a jumble of impressions. Sorting through them made Jerricļæ½s head ache. Then his heart leaped.

ļæ½Are you sure?ļæ½

ļæ½Sss,ļæ½ said Ishckrihk.

It took all of Jerricļæ½s will not to just start running. ļæ½Thereļæ½s a settlement in that direction,ļæ½ he said. ļæ½With a sigil tower. Ishckrihk says itļæ½s active. Itļæ½s holding open another Gate.ļæ½

ļæ½Where?ļæ½ asked Kjestrid.

Ishckrihk gestured.

ļæ½Yeah,ļæ½ said Jerric. ļæ½Itļæ½s over there.ļæ½

Shamir-do growled some Taļæ½agra before correcting himself. ļæ½How far to the Gate?ļæ½

ļæ½Forget it,ļæ½ Jerric told him. ļæ½Weļæ½re going to the tower. Iļæ½m closing that Gate from there.ļæ½

ļæ½How far?ļæ½ Kjestrid demanded.

ļæ½Do you think you can get through the Gate before I close it?ļæ½ Jerric asked them. ļæ½I canļæ½t judge the terrain, and I donļæ½t know the distance in either direction other than itļæ½s far. Are you going to risk it? I donļæ½t want to leave you here, but Iļæ½m not going to wait.ļæ½

ļæ½Thatļæ½s not your call,ļæ½ said Kjestrid.

Oh hells, donļæ½t screw this up. Jerric looked at each of them in turn, squinting against the cold. ļæ½Youļæ½re right, I donļæ½t command you. Iļæ½m asking for your trust. These Gates and towers look like ones Iļæ½ve seen before. Ones Iļæ½ve closed before. Like the ones at Kvatch, and in the Reserve, and by the Gold Road, and a dozen other places I canļæ½t even name.ļæ½

He pointed into the unseen distance. ļæ½That Gate might not open to our world, but thereļæ½s a chance it does. Thereļæ½s a chance that daedra are crossing through and our folk are dying while we stand here burning time. And thereļæ½s a chance we can close it if we get to that sigil tower.ļæ½ He jabbed a hand in the other direction. ļæ½That way. One step at a time, one fight at a time, until weļæ½re at the top or dead from trying. Sigil stones bear the mark of their Lordļæ½s hand. Thereļæ½s one up there holding the Gate open. When we take it, my gut tells me it will reek of Dagon.ļæ½

Jerricļæ½s arms dropped to his sides. ļæ½I want you to come with me. Iļæ½ll need your night-seeing eyes in that tower, and your bows, and your stealth, and all of our blades together so that we can close the damned Gate and make it home. But I will go alone if I have to. Just like I have gone alone before.ļæ½

Shamir-doļæ½s expression was unreadable, but he had started to shiver. Gjaever somehow looked even taller.

Kjestrid sheathed her sword. ļæ½Weļæ½re with you. Jerric.ļæ½

This post has been edited by Grits: Nov 3 2018, 12:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 11 2016, 04:17 PM
Post #1029

Ancient
Group Icon

He drew an orb of arcane frost into his hand and tossed it into the canyon.

When you use the word 'drew', it makes me think of pulling it out of a sheath or pocket, like drawing a sword. Perhaps saying something like created, or willed, or called up might sound better?

What a horrific description/theory of how deadra are created in those flesh pods! ohmy.gif

Maybe we should get the hells out of here before it eats us and skitts out a staircase.
Sounds like a capital idea! That would explain all those staircases in the woods too...

Wonderful depiction of the psychic link between Jerric and Izzy, especially the deadric laughter.

And Jerric spills his real name at last. Given that he's closing gates with these people, there doesn't seem to be much risk that they will sell him out to the Mythic Dawn! Though they might wag their tongues boasting about how they fought with the Hero of Kvatch once they get back to Bruma...

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 11 2016, 10:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 11 2016, 09:55 PM
Post #1030

Paladin
Group Icon

Yay! More Jerric! biggrin.gif

Regarding your communication conventions, they worked fine for me. The "speech" and thoughts bits are quite conventional so it is only the ''telepathic'' that is unique here and that seems like a fine way of conveying Itchy's telepathic thoughts. I face some of the same concerns since Acadian sometimes communicates to Buffy via voice and sometimes telepathically. The voice part is easy. For the telepathic parts I will often 'speech tag' them to help clarify. Something like this:
I stared at Sam after he challenged me to a drinking contest. What have I gotten myself into, I pondered.

I wouldn't try it, Buffy, Acadian silently urged.

Thanks for the ‘in our last episode’ warm up.

You really show us the terrifying disorientation and fear of perhaps never getting out of this creepily strange place.

Great touch bringing in Itchy! He seems to be proving his worth.

Jerric’s self-doubts, humility and heroism all shine through wonderfully!

Nit: '...and all of our blades together so that we can closed the damned Gate and make it home.' - - close?

This post has been edited by Acadian: Apr 11 2016, 10:00 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 12 2016, 09:55 PM
Post #1031

Master
Group Icon

I curious, wondering when you'd return to us with another chapter. Here you are. Let's begin.

The conversation between Schnitzel Ishckrihk wasn't confusing at all. Didn't confuse me one bit.

"What is this place?"
I have no idea. “I’ve seen this before.

Well at least he's partly honest laugh.gif

Daedric creation sounds as Daedric as it can get. Disturbing for fellow mortals. If they don't hurry, Darnands words may be true not only for those scholars. Ishy found the group amusing, as did I. Certainly can't trust a Daedric being, but so far he's been loyal. Let's hope the familiar stays that way.

Still wondering what realm this is.

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Kazaera
post Apr 13 2016, 06:38 AM
Post #1032

Finder
Group Icon

I love how you've kept Oblivion Gates continually threatening and alien (I still haven't played the game but I get the impression they can start getting rather same-old same-old) by first changing everything Jerric thought he knew about them and then actually having the gate close while they were in it! That seems like one of those dangers that should really be a big concern but you just ignore in the game since you know it won't happen. Jerric and co., stranded in Oblivion... the whole thing really brings home how dangerous jumping in a Gate really is.

Very nice Daedric worldbuilding touches, too. Those pods... wacko.gif

Also, I have to say I wasn't surprised to see Jerric gave in and told them his real name. Made for subterfuge, our boy is not. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Kazaera: Apr 13 2016, 06:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 13 2016, 01:40 PM
Post #1033

Councilor
Group Icon

This is brilliant, and almost un-Jerric at that. If you're lost in a cold place, ask a Frostie, especially when Itchy is available on demand.

I like the continuing tension between Jerric and Kjestrid. And that she's not falling apart when things get way out of her control. Since Jerric has already tried that, and found it didn't help, he's got an advantage she doesn't.

Looking forward to July's episode biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 12 2016, 03:18 PM
Post #1034

Councilor
Group Icon

Aw hell yeah!... biggrin.gif ...

I go away for a bit and I get a whole TWO instalments to go through... biggrin.gif ...

Very much loved the, "I'm going on my own!!"/"Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!" thing throughout...And then with added Frostie-Boy too!!...

Most excellent!!...

Very much a favourite...

Brilliant stuff, as ever...

Looking forward to another instalment as it turns up... biggrin.gif ...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Jun 12 2016, 03:19 PM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 15 2016, 12:03 PM
Post #1035

Ancient
Group Icon

I am catching up, it will take some time though!

Chapter 17: Bruma, Part Two

This chapter was a rich immersion back into what makes Jerric (Jerric). The pee-writing his name in the snow when he is supposed to be using an alias; then immediately losing track of his alias at the sight of a pretty girl and blurting his name out; then forgetting he is supposed to be Darnand's servant of sorts - but the best line of all came from the Altmer at the end!!! SPEW !!!!

I'm with Jerric in wondering what is going on in Lildereth's mind and what she meant by Darnand not getting laid in Bruma; have she and Darnand continued to "forkulate" since that first time? And if so, why hasn't it been written into the script? laugh.gif

Awesome chapter, this is exactly how I remember this story to be = excellent and fun!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 15 2016, 12:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 15 2016, 12:54 PM
Post #1036

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter 17: Bruma, Part Three

BWAAHAA! You've really captured the Bruma Mages guild here! And Alga at the end; SPEW! I didn't understand the ‘Mara Mother Mild’ and Chapel family business.” either; but get the feeling this has something to do with Lildereth's telling that man that Jerric and Darnand were lovers, rollinglaugh.gif

Great chapter!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 15 2016, 02:01 PM
Post #1037

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter 17: Bruma, Part Four

This chapter had me rolling with how fast word is spreading around Bruma about Jerric and Darnand; and the fact that word of his getting whooped upstairs reaching downstairs before he even gets there was the icing on the cake!

EW! They cook the food after the dog chews on it, urgh! Gross!

Asgerd immediately spouts his true name, and just when he was getting good at remembering his alias! Oh, then ... BWAAHAA! Gives his full correct name, THEN gives him some code to figure out about Jauffre; like if anyone was listening to hear the coded stuff about Jauffre, they wouldn't have heard the Jerric part? DOH! A little late to remember to be secretive there, Asgerd! laugh.gif

Oh great, and as for trying to slip under the wires unobtrusively as an associate; now Asgerd is going to raise him up to a command position that will draw attention to him - especially such a fast rise in ranks. Oh, Asgerd most def blew his cover!

Now to see how he gets out of this...or does he? Maybe Jearl and Saveri Faram will attack him and expose themselves.

Great chapter!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 15 2016, 03:32 PM
Post #1038

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter 17: Bruma, Part Five

Oh no, he didn't ... Jerric is most def out of his element with women in the last few chapters, does this have something to do with his feelings for Abiene? I've never seen him so ... gauche; that is twice he has insulted poor Selena! rollinglaugh.gif

Oh, very cool intro to Camilla Lollia; what a great idea!

Ulfe the "Cat" chasing dog; and J'Skar the balls scratching Cat had me rolling, and the "Not the lads!" line had me choking!!!!

Jerric's warning to Volanaro not to try pulling any pranks on him was very smooth; and I liked how well Volanaro took the threat!

Great chapter!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 15 2016, 03:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 7 2016, 12:23 PM
Post #1039

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter 17: Bruma, Part Six

BWAAHAA! Jerric trying to field personal questions and can't think up lies quick enough or tell them convincingly, laugh.gif

And he gives away secrets anyway! BWAAHAAA!

I get the feeling everyone is thinking that wedding ring is a symbol of he and Darnand's "Marriage," rollinglaugh.gif

Now, I wonder what this initiation will do? I'm with Jerric on not being able to come up with anything but peeing on a wall!

Chapter 17: Bruma, Part Seven

Jerric going all but naked to a brothel in the middle of the night = and with no gold! SPEW !!! Loved what he come up with though; now let us see if they really keep his secret! BWAAHAA!

Awesome Write!!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 16 2014, 12:20 PM) *

To be honest I am surprised it took Jerric that long, given his history. Even if it was just a tug, and not a drill. wink.gif

Or "bite?" BWAAHAA!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 21 2016, 12:09 PM
Post #1040

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter 17: Bruma, Part Eight - OMG, Jerric and Jaan !!!!! SPEW !!!!! Now THAT is the Jerric I remember from the beginning of the story, rollinglaugh.gif

Awesome Write, I may come back many times to re-read this chapter and have a great laugh again and again !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

57 Pages V « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:38 AM