209 Pages V « < 157 158 159 160 161 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
ghastley
post May 17 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #3161

Councilor
Group Icon

It reads like Integration needs to be uninstalled for Gavin, and then that would leave Elise unplayable.

There's also problems unwinding mod dependency chains that can mean taking others out. If you're not careful with install and load orders, it can be painful putting them back so an old character is playable again. I've broken a few of mine that way.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 17 2018, 08:31 PM
Post #3162

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, Integration: the Stranded Light is basically an Oblivion overhaul on its own. It messes with character textures, spells, and even races, the last one being the most likely reason Elise's save would explode. (Specifically, it adds a racial power to Dunmer, and the mod page itself states that uninstalling the mod can potentially break a save because of that Power.)

I actually booted up Elise's save and played for a bit and it seemed fine, but then there were several other mods overwriting Integration's non-quest changes from the start. My last attempt at a mid-game uninstall ended with the save being immediately unusable, but there's always tomorrow. :v

I was just kinda sick of the altered spell effects and characters with faces that aren't "compatible" with OCO. :/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 17 2018, 10:49 PM
Post #3163

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 17 2018, 03:31 PM) *

My last attempt at a mid-game uninstall ended with the save being immediately unusable, but there's always tomorrow. :v

Are you saying Elisa is done because of this? Wait. "There's always tomorrow." So Elisa is not done.

I'm so confused. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 17 2018, 11:09 PM
Post #3164

Mouth
Group Icon

Elise's current save is fine, so she's still playable for now. I'm not sure if it'll stay that way, since it could easily break sometime in the future, based on my experience.

I've previously played with the mod and the save I played with it broke when I uninstalled it at least 2 years ago.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 20 2018, 02:46 AM
Post #3165

Mouth
Group Icon

Elise knocked out a few more Daedric Quests, Sanguine's being more notable in that she got in trouble with the law and the only reason she's doing okay is because she can teleport. :v She may have let sticking it to Clavicus Vile and Molag Bal and getting away scott-free go to her head. If the amount of Infamy she has were quantifiable, it'd be at 3 now.

No one seems to think to check in Rosethorn Hall for her except Lucian Lachance. Incidentally, Eyja had a nice present for Falanu Hlaalu the next day.

==

Meanwhile Gavin's making his way to Kvatch on Blades business. Unlike Elise, he has no access to either Guild Guides or teleportation magic, so he's taking the long way there and doing some treasure hunting along the way. It's been a long time since I played vanilla Oblivion so idk if it'd be the same, but I'm glad that Maskar's Overhaul has bandages, otherwise I'd be going through a lot gold for potions. There are so many enemies in dungeons.

His last stop was at Ceyatatar, where an insane amount of mages waited for him so he's resting before pressing on deeper. The thing that will always keep me going back to Bretons is how tanky they can be thanks to the natural half damage they take from magic. Elise has been immune to it for some time, actually.

There was one incident of note when he first got there. As he was dealing with one of the mages that chased him outside the ruin, he ended up losing her. Before he could set out to chase her down before she recovered health, he heard a scream. A few moments later a brown bear came barreling up the steps, thankfully stuck on the root on the last step. One swipe of its claws did a lot of damage, so he decided to hang back and pelt it with arrows. As it began to wear down, Alessia Otus of all people comes out of nowhere and charges at the bear with her, uh, bare fists, with predictable results. Gavin gave it a stabbing with his sword to finish it off.

So today I was reminded why I love this game series.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 20 2018, 02:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 26 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #3166

Councilor
Group Icon

Aww, Alessia made a bad decision there! Oops.

Those daedric quests sound interesting.

Joan of Arkay is in Fort Rayles, which is full of conjurers and daedra. She is with one of her Battlehorn followers. Joan keeps this guy in a room on his own. If things get too tough for her, all she has to do is run back to where her knight is hidden, and now she's got some instant help. viking.gif Since Joan hasn't got a full armor suit (her steel cuirass got destroyed), she's been relying on her shiny knight's help quite a lot.

Joan's game is pretty aimless these days. She's not doing any official quests or anything, she's merely going from lair to lair, attempting to earn money so she can keep improving Battlehorn. Her game is at 136 hours, and my personal goal is to get it up over 300, so the A-bomb shows up and I can finally transfer her to PC!

This post has been edited by Renee: May 26 2018, 09:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 27 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #3167

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Nice to see you guys still playing. If I didn't live off-grid during summer I would play too kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 30 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #3168

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 27 2018, 10:15 AM) *

Nice to see you guys still playing. If I didn't live off-grid during summer I would play too kvleft.gif

What do you mean, off-grid? How are you communicating in your post?

Yes, I'm still playing. I don't know why, I just can't get enough of this game. Like for instance, Lady Saga is still around, and she's been living in Leyawiin lately. She still lives in Cingor's house, and gets sent off by the count to take down various dungeons in the vicinity.

It's winter in her game (Morningstar) and I guess it's sort of like Lothran / Bruma, except that Saga's going to be spending her in-game winter down south, not like Lothran, who spends Earth-time winter up north.

Hope that made sense. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 1 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #3169

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 30 2018, 03:41 PM) *

What do you mean, off-grid? How are you communicating in your post?

I get permission to visit civilization from time to time biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ May 30 2018, 03:41 PM) *

Hope that made sense. laugh.gif

Yup. Lothran follows my Earth calender more than Cyrodiil's laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 10 2018, 12:15 AM
Post #3170

Councilor
Group Icon

*THIS JUST IN*

I just saw it. What did you see? I saw the Animation Bomb's first effects in Joan of Arkay's game. biggrin.gif And yeah, I'm smiling. I'm psyched!

Usually the A-bomb is a bad thing, but in this case, I'm looking forward to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 10 2018, 03:35 PM
Post #3171

Spam Meister
Group Icon

It's great because now you can actually fix it! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 23 2018, 05:16 PM
Post #3172

Councilor
Group Icon

smile.gif Joan of Arkay is in Roxey Inn. She just ascended to level 9, and I managed to get a genuine +5, +5, +5 this time. I am certain this is the first time I've ever managed to do this! I put 5 each into Strength, Willpower, and Endurance.

She's taken up Umbacano's quests too. Headed back to that creepy Dunmer with the statue from Vilverin.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 23 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #3173

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, I don't think I ever got three +5s without using a mod to increase the bonuses.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 23 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #3174

Mouth
Group Icon

Usually I have to carefully plan what skills I use to get the big 5/5/5 to the point where I basically don't have fun so I don't do it anymore lol

Congrats on the critical level up, Renee!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 24 2018, 02:52 AM
Post #3175

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, I actually did not plan 5/5/5 at all. It just sorta happened. I don't even know how to make 5/5/5 happen.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 24 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #3176

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Nice getting that trippel five, Renee biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 24 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #3177

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 23 2018, 08:52 PM) *

Oh, I actually did not plan 5/5/5 at all. It just sorta happened. I don't even know how to make 5/5/5 happen.

I know, and it's what makes it better. I usually have to plan them. :T

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 25 2018, 12:56 AM
Post #3178

Councilor
Group Icon

Remember the days when soooooooooooo many people were obsessed with +5 +5 +5? It seems like half the threads in the old forums were about perfecting this technique. panic.gif Me? Once I learned how to not use all 7 Major skills, I did not have to worry about the game leveling out of control.

Anyway, it is Sun's Dawn 8 in Lady Saga's game, and she is is in Bravil right now. I've written a series of "repeatable" bounty quests in her game, so basically the Count's court pays her money to kill the leader of Anutwyll (which is a minotaur), Pothole Cavern, and some fort which I'm forgetting. I'm pretty psyched about these endeavors! And Lady Saga finally got a break from Leyawiin.

She persuaded a big orc named Brokil gro-Shatur to join her in Anutwyll. None of mine have ever befriended an orc before. "Bro Kill" will basically be sort of like a backup guy. if things get too tough for Saga,* she'll run back to hwere Bro Kill is, and he'll step in with his BIG Battlehammer.

* As an archer, she's not as frail as Buffy, but is still too weak for extended melee stuff.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 25 2018, 01:24 AM
Post #3179

Paladin
Group Icon

tongue.gif

Sounds neat having a nice circuit of Bravil local repeatable quests for Saga!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 1 2018, 02:12 AM
Post #3180

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you, Acadian, yes they are a lot of fun to make, those quests. I've made at least a dozen of them so far.

In First Seed 25, 3rd Era 435 however, in Joan of Arkay's game, there are no mods All I can do is play the game, not the Construction Set. wink.gif Joan's game is still very fun though. She just upgraded Battlehorn Castle's bedroom area, which she's been putting off for months because she wanted to add stuff for her the castle's men, first. And after a good night's rest, she is off to Moranda, where Umbacano has hinted one of the ten Ayelid statues might be.

--------------------
+Quote Post

209 Pages V « < 157 158 159 160 161 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:46 PM