post May 20 2018, 06:44 PM
Post #981

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 20 2018, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 19 2018, 10:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ May 19 2018, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 19 2018, 06:58 AM) *

Khajiit cannot find an SKS anywhere in his home town, yet this one has heard that they are a fairly common rifle in other places. The pawnshop we may be going to (Khajiit still had not gone to bed yet as he worked vampire hours overnight) is not in Khajiit’s home town, so, fingers crossed they have one. If not this one will just go with a handgun.

I know Big Boys Guns and Ammo in my State sells SKS's like candy. There's a whole rack that's nothing but SKS's.
Maybe the pawn shop you go to can order one?

Yeah that’s a good point. I’m sure they probably good.

*update*
Welp, Khajiit got home from work around 7:30am KLT and went straight to bed. The next thing he knows, it’s 3pm KLT and he has a raging headache. The pawn shop is an hour away and closes at 5pm KLT, so guess that trip is out for now. Bummer.

Just remember long guns can even be bought from places like gunbroker.com, but they MUST be sent to a FFL in your home state. You'll probably have to pay a fee for them to transfer it. My local FFLs charged, since they weren't getting a cut from the sale. If you find a gun shop in another part of the state that'll sell to you and transfer, that's also an option.

Handguns cannot be purchased from out of state, iirc. Don't quote me on that though.

The gun shop/range I go to is an FFL (of course), and they will order any gun you want that they do not have in stock. That is how I bought my Sig M4. I went to them, and they ordered it from Sig Sauer. A week later it came in and I paid for it at the store and took it home. I have been thinking about getting an AR-10 for a long time now, and I mentioned that to the manager. He said just tell me what I want, and he will get it for me. A store that wants to make money will go the extra distance to get you what you want. But granted, you have to pay. If money is tight, that might not work for you.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #982

Ancient
Group Icon

The only problem Khajiit can see with this method for an SKS is that it might negate one of the biggest pros for buying one: it’s relative economical price. Sure, you could probably find them in stores for 4-600 USD, but if you had the store order one for you, they’d want to make money on the deal (who could blame them?) and thus may jack up the price for it. That said, if you can’t find one in the store, maybe paying a little more would be worth it if you really want one?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 20 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #983

Master
Group Icon

That's what I meant by charging a transfer fee.

The SKS-45 is technically not even made anymore, not the ones you'd find cheap. That's why there's no store to order them from like a Sig. They're Soviet carbines from the way back when. It's kinda like why the Garand is cheap as heck, it's an old gun in common supply.

Now that I think of it though, China might still produce them. Eastern bloc countries also manufactured them...

But if another store has one that you find online(for example, my friend runs a gun shop in Colorado and you can contact him to coordinate a sale) is willing to make the sale and then ship it to another store for you to pick up....

Just rambling, mostly. Lol. I miss guns. Something fierce. Was one of my favorite things to do when I was back in the States. Target shooting and hunting.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #984

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 20 2018, 01:26 PM) *

That's what I meant by charging a transfer fee.

The SKS-45 is technically not even made anymore, not the ones you'd find cheap. That's why there's no store to order them from like a Sig. They're Soviet carbines from the way back when. It's kinda like why the Garand is cheap as heck, it's an old gun in common supply.

Now that I think of it though, China might still produce them. Eastern bloc countries also manufactured them...

But if another store has one that you find online(for example, my friend runs a gun shop in Colorado and you can contact him to coordinate a sale) is willing to make the sale and then ship it to another store for you to pick up....

Just rambling, mostly. Lol. I miss guns. Something fierce. Was one of my favorite things to do when I was back in the States. Target shooting and hunting.

From what this one has read, the newest SKS’s are all surplus and the gun is not actually being manufactured anymore. Khajiit thinks this is a shame actually. It’s supposedly a good rifle, by most accounts; it just had the misfortune of being developed at around the same time as the AK-47. This one actually prefers it’s not so assault rifle-y looks over an AK-47.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 20 2018, 09:05 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post May 20 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #985

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 20 2018, 03:04 PM) *

From what this one has read, the newest SKS’s are all surplus and the gun is not actually being manufactured anymore. Khajiit thinks this is a shame actually. It’s supposedly a good rifle, by most accounts; it just had the misfortune of being developed at around the same time as the AK-47. This one actually prefers it’s not so assault rifle-y looks over an AK-47.

Next time there's a Gun Show in your state got to one and see if there's a dealer there who sells SKS's. If not you can at least see if a pawn shop can order you one.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 20 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #986

Master
Group Icon

It has the bonus of being banned in .CA because it can be modified to fire full auto, which is what happened in I think it was the north Hollywood incident.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #987

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ May 20 2018, 03:10 PM) *

Next time there's a Gun Show in your state got to one and see if there's a dealer there who sells SKS's. If not you can at least see if a pawn shop can order you one.

Khajiit is a little wary of gun shows, but this one may ask this pawn shop to find me one.

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 20 2018, 03:13 PM) *

It has the bonus of being banned in .CA because it can be modified to fire full auto, which is what happened in I think it was the north Hollywood incident.

Yeah, Khajiit remembers that awfulness. Those guys also had AKs and ARs if this one isn’t mistaken. The PD were only able to get the upper hand on them when they commandeered some AR-15s from a nearby gun shop.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 20 2018, 10:10 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 20 2018, 10:39 PM
Post #988

Master
Group Icon

They commandeered rifles in general. .308 and .30-30 caliber probably because the punks were wearing full body armor and their guns weren't piercing it.. Not sure a .223 would pierce what they were wearing though.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #989

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 20 2018, 04:39 PM) *

They commandeered rifles in general. .308 and .30-30 caliber probably because the punks were wearing full body armor and their guns weren't piercing it.. Not sure a .223 would pierce what they were wearing though.

Dunno. I just remember seeing a documentary about it and they made a big deal about the AR-15s playing a big part in taking them down (maybe it was just sheer volume of fire that forced the guys to give up their defensible position; not sure though).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post May 20 2018, 11:25 PM
Post #990

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 20 2018, 04:39 PM) *

Unless its military grade most civilian body armor (and those worn by police) can't handle rifle rounds. Take my rifle for instance. Both the 5.56 and .223 are Steel Tipped and would penetrate most non-military grade body armor.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 20 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #991

Master
Group Icon

Yeah I'm not sure what exactly they had but it resulted in folks trying to make civilian/non police use of body armor illegal. Still trying to in some states. Ugh. California. So glad I moved out of that hole.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2018, 11:34 PM
Post #992

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 20 2018, 05:32 PM) *

Yeah I'm not sure what exactly they had but it resulted in folks trying to make civilian/non police use of body armor illegal. Still trying to in some states. Ugh. California. So glad I moved out of that hole.

Lol, Khajiit was reading an article on good handguns for home defense and the author called it “Commie-fornia” rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 21 2018, 12:38 AM
Post #993

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 21 2018, 12:34 AM) *

Lol, Khajiit was reading an article on good handguns for home defense and the author called it “Commie-fornia” rollinglaugh.gif

I call it Kalifornistan.

I've heard Commifornia and it's various spellings. And just flat out Kalifornia.

Edit, .CA has a list of approved handguns you can buy that gets shorter every month. It's stupid.

This post has been edited by Sakiri: May 21 2018, 12:40 AM

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 21 2018, 12:48 AM
Post #994

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 20 2018, 06:38 PM) *

I call it Kalifornistan.

I've heard Commifornia and it's various spellings. And just flat out Kalifornia.

Edit, .CA has a list of approved handguns you can buy that gets shorter every month. It's stupid.

Well, Khajiit lives in Mississippi. We love guns here, laugh.gif
This one’s Da has an AR based rifle he uses for deer hunting (forget the caliber but it’s much more powerful than .223/5.56) that has a frickin’ silencer!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 21 2018, 08:55 AM
Post #995

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 21 2018, 01:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 20 2018, 06:38 PM) *

I call it Kalifornistan.

Well, Khajiit lives in Mississippi. We love guns here, laugh.gif
This one’s Da has an AR based rifle he uses for deer hunting (forget the caliber but it’s much more powerful than .223/5.56) that has a frickin’ silencer!

Suppressors are fun. They keep you from blowing your ears out when you shoot.

Movies have vilified suppressors. :/ They don't make anything silent dang it! lol

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 21 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #996

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 21 2018, 02:55 AM) *

Suppressors are fun. They keep you from blowing your ears out when you shoot.

Movies have vilified suppressors. :/ They don't make anything silent dang it! lol

Yeah, “silencer” is not a very good word for them. As you say “suppressor” is more accurate.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 21 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #997

Master
Group Icon

Suppressor is the correct term as well. Always wanted one but... NFA item. sad.gif

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post May 22 2018, 02:36 PM
Post #998

Master
Group Icon

The pros and cons of using suppressors are:
Pros:
Does make shooting quieter.
Hides the muzzle flash.
Give extra weight to reduce recoil.

Cons:
Makes the weapon extra dirty from gun powder build up.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: May 22 2018, 02:37 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 22 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #999

Master
Group Icon

If you clean regularly the build-up shouldn't be bad. I cleaned every time I went shooting and then some. It's therapeutic lol

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post May 22 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #1000

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ May 22 2018, 09:06 AM) *

If you clean regularly the build-up shouldn't be bad. I cleaned every time I went shooting and then some. It's therapeutic lol

No arguments here happy.gif.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post

78 Pages V « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:33 AM