29 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
SubRosa
post Feb 22 2017, 12:49 AM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

That fatigue mod sounds really cool. What is the name? I did a search, but found a bunch of fatigue mods.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Feb 22 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #62

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 22 2017, 12:49 AM) *

That fatigue mod sounds really cool. What is the name? I did a search, but found a bunch of fatigue mods.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5694/?

^^There you go. I have the Xbox version, of course, but the nexus version looks exactly the same as far as I can tell.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 22 2017, 01:26 AM
Post #63

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 21 2017, 04:52 PM) *

Here is an example of my new Pipe Guns

My Pipe Revolvers

and Pipe Bolt Actions

I did not include pics, but I also replaced the Combat, Assault, and Hunting Rifles.

This one is curious, do you have mods (like in game weapons mods) for those guns?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 22 2017, 01:26 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 22 2017, 01:48 AM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 21 2017, 06:58 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 22 2017, 12:49 AM) *

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5694/?

^^There you go. I have the Xbox version, of course, but the nexus version looks exactly the same as far as I can tell.

Cool! I just downloaded it. More variety to the Gunners alone was worth it.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 21 2017, 07:26 PM) *

My Pipe Revolvers

and Pipe Bolt Actions

I did not include pics, but I also replaced the Combat, Assault, and Hunting Rifles.

This one is curious, do you have mods (like in game weapons mods) for those guns?

Like a Long Barrel, Short Barrel, Ported Barrel, etc...? Of course. Just about all the modded guns do. It is very easy to incorporate them into a weapon replacer. Because the original modder has already done all the hard work of creating the OMOD and MiscMod files to make them work, and the keyword to tie them all to the gun. All you have to do is replace the keyword of the weapon you are replacing with that of the modded gun. Then add the OMODs in under the Object Templates. I explained it in more detail in the CK topic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 22 2017, 01:53 AM
Post #65

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 21 2017, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 21 2017, 07:26 PM) *

My Pipe Revolvers

and Pipe Bolt Actions

Like a Long Barrel, Short Barrel, Ported Barrel, etc...? Of course. Just about all the modded guns do. It is very easy to incorporate them into a weapon replacer. Because the original modder has already done all the hard work of creating the OMOD and MiscMod files to make them work, and the keyword to tie them all to the gun. All you have to do is replace the keyword of the weapon you are replacing with that of the modded gun. Then add the OMODs in under the Object Templates. I explained it in more detail in the CK topic.
Ok, cool!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2017, 02:37 AM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

Disable Headbob - does what it says. I recall Grits saying the vanilla head bob made her sick.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 23 2017, 07:19 AM
Post #67

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 22 2017, 07:37 PM) *

Disable Headbob - does what it says. I recall Grits saying the vanilla head bob made her sick.

Can you control that from the INI?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #68

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 23 2017, 01:19 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 22 2017, 07:37 PM) *

Can you control that from the INI?

I do not know. It does not bother me, so I have never needed to find out. I just post that link because I know the head sway in games makes a lot of many people sick. That was the case all the way back to the original Doom. It stuns me that it cannot be turned off in the game's options menu.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 25 2017, 04:06 AM
Post #69

Ancient
Group Icon

Ok so question:
You guys know how Raiders mostly just use pipe guns at lower levels? Well Khajiit was wondering if there were any recommended gun addition mods on PC that add a little diversity to low level Raider loadouts? Maybe a 9mm pistol and round to go with it or perhaps a intermediate level semi-automatic rifle that shoots 5.56 or 7.62 rounds? Nothing over powered, just wanting a few more options to play with at earlier levels.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2017, 04:33 AM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

The M9 is not too powerful, so it should work fine at low levels. It does not have any integration into the leveled lists. But this mod fixes that. I also found a bug in the Long Barrel mod for it. Using it changes the mesh of the gun to that the Deliverer. But I was able to fix that easily enough by editing the OMOD for the Long Barrel and changing the mesh it uses to the same as the Short Barrel.

The Sig Sauer P220 is a bit stronger than the M9, but not overpowered either. It does have a script that injects it into the leveled lists, so Raiders will use it.

The M1911 - is a another pistol. I do not remember how much damage it does. But it also has a script that injects it into the leveled lists for NPCs to use.

The M1 Garand - adds a classic rifle. It has a script to inject it into leveled lists. I think the base version was not too powerful. But once you trick it out it can be powerful.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 25 2017, 04:35 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 25 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 24 2017, 09:33 PM) *

The M9 is not too powerful, so it should work fine at low levels. It does not have any integration into the leveled lists. But this mod fixes that. I also found a bug in the Long Barrel mod for it. Using it changes the mesh of the gun to that the Deliverer. But I was able to fix that easily enough by editing the OMOD for the Long Barrel and changing the mesh it uses to the same as the Short Barrel.

The Sig Sauer P220 is a bit stronger than the M9, but not overpowered either. It does have a script that injects it into the leveled lists, so Raiders will use it.

The M1911 - is a another pistol. I do not remember how much damage it does. But it also has a script that injects it into the leveled lists for NPCs to use.

The M1 Garand - adds a classic rifle. It has a script to inject it into leveled lists. I think the base version was not too powerful. But once you trick it out it can be powerful.

Interesting! Khajiit saw that the M9 uses .38 instead of 9mm, which is understandable as it would be a lot more work to make a special round for it. What round does the M1 shoot? .308 like in New Vegas?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2017, 05:19 AM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 24 2017, 11:12 PM) *

Interesting! Khajiit saw that the M9 uses .38 instead of 9mm, which is understandable as it would be a lot more work to make a special round for it. What round does the M1 shoot? .308 like in New Vegas?

The Garand does use .308. It's base damage is 45, so its about twice a Pipe weapon. That might be more than what you want though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 25 2017, 06:11 AM
Post #73

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 24 2017, 10:19 PM) *

The Garand does use .308. It's base damage is 45, so its about twice a Pipe weapon. That might be more than what you want though.

Yeah, this one thinks you're right. He feels an SKS or Mini 14 would be more what he is looking for in an alternative to a semiauto pipe rifle. Of course, this one would then have to make 7.62 and 5.56 rounds spawn at lower levels.

As an aside, why the hell does the combat rifle fire pistol rounds? Khajiit has never understood this.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 25 2017, 06:15 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2017, 05:38 PM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 25 2017, 12:11 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 24 2017, 10:19 PM) *

Yeah, this one thinks you're right. He feels an SKS or Mini 14 would be more what he is looking for in an alternative to a semiauto pipe rifle. Of course, this one would then have to make 7.62 and 5.56 rounds spawn at lower levels.

As an aside, why the hell does the combat rifle fire pistol rounds? Khajiit has never understood this.

What you could do is use the SKS and a mod that makes ammo craftable. I created a simple one that works at the Chemistry Bench. One unit of steel creates 10 bullets of any kind. I could email it to you if you like.

I doubt that the people at Bethesda know there is a difference between pistol and rifle ammunition. To them I am sure ammo is ammo. They probably went with the .45 because that is what a Tommy Gun uses (and I am sure they don't know the differences between a battle rifle, assault rifle, and submachine gun/machine pistol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 25 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #75

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 10:38 AM) *

What you could do is use the SKS and a mod that makes ammo craftable. I created a simple one that works at the Chemistry Bench. One unit of steel creates 10 bullets of any kind. I could email it to you if you like.

I doubt that the people at Bethesda know there is a difference between pistol and rifle ammunition. To them I am sure ammo is ammo. They probably went with the .45 because that is what a Tommy Gun uses (and I am sure they don't know the differences between a battle rifle, assault rifle, and submachine gun/machine pistol).

Lol, so it would seem! This one thinks it would be better to change the ammo type of the Combat Rifle to 5.56, and give this to any enemies that may spawn.

Ok so why is NMM telling me that I have no Fallout 4 INI file?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2017, 07:29 PM
Post #76

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 25 2017, 12:30 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 10:38 AM) *

Lol, so it would seem! This one thinks it would be better to change the ammo type of the Combat Rifle to 5.56, and give this to any enemies that may spawn.

Ok so why is NMM telling me that I have no Fallout 4 INI file?

I don't use NMM so I don't know. I don't trust it. There have been too many stories about it ruining people's games.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 25 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #77

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 12:29 PM) *

I don't use NMM so I don't know. I don't trust it. There have been too many stories about it ruining people's games.

So do you just install things manually or do you use another mod organizer?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #78

Ancient
Group Icon

I install everything manually. I use Mod Organizer to manage the load order.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 25 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #79

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 12:55 PM) *

I install everything manually. I use Mod Organizer to manage the load order.

Khajiit has always been a bit shakey when it comes to installing mods manually (he started with Morrowind years ago, but now with all the OMods and whatsits, he gets confused).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #80

Ancient
Group Icon

The loose files are not much different than before. It is just now there is also a materials folder, and a lot more mods these days have scripts. But all you really have to do is copy it all to the data folder.

--------------------
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:52 AM