Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Character Interviews., Real World Interaction with your FanFic Chars!
Black Hand
post Jul 20 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

I realize this has been done to death in several other forums, but I was reading one on SyriaSays.com and just felt like doing one more. Besides, for you authors with 47+ pages already, this can give us cool synopsis of them!

You can use the questions I used as a template, or create your own. Be dramatic, silly, whatever. Let's just be creative!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I decided to flesh this part out a bit more! EDIT: 8/5/11

Character: Sethyas Velas
Genre/Setting: Morrowind, Nerevarine MQ/Walkthrough

PLEASE GIVE US A QUICK INTRODUCTION?
Certainly, I am Sethyas Velas, a Dunmer by birth, raised in the Imperial Province of Cyrodiil. I am an Assassin by trade, though more of a Adventurer by vocation. After my arrest and subsequent 'release' to the Island of Vvardenfell, I began and completed my destiny as the Nerevarine.

YOU'RE AN ASSASSIN?
Heh, one of many titles that could be placed upon me. It was more of a metamorphosis of roles throughout my life I suppose. As a youth, I worked on a vineyard in the Monastery where I was raised. This gave me a bit of knowledge of alchemical processes. Later I learned a little bit of illusion magics. Much later, on Vvardenfel, I became a capable Thief within the Guild, as well as earning a bit more of proper pay and fighting skills within the Fighters Guild. Due too politics and an...incident...that included both Guilds and my role in solving the problem, I more or less retired from both, with competent heads leading both now.

Not too long after the retirement, I joined with the Morag Tong for my...potential. I quickly adapted too, and eventually became Grandmaster of the Guild. The Alchemy gave me a proper knowledge of poisons, the illusion advantage is obvious, nighteye, invisibility and the like. Plus being a fair hand with a bow, and very decent knack with blades, long and short, my talents were applied very well.

However, while I do trade blood for gold within the confines of the Guild, I do not take life at a request of any individual with coin, I am not that type of Assassin. That would be the Dark Brotherhood.

As of late, I much less involved in such affairs, and more or less oversee the whole operation, whilst leaving the day to day to my lieutenants. I have many pokers in the fire, so that is one aspect, one thing that makes me easy to define. I also am the Landlord of Bal Isra, a as of late small but thriving settlement due northwest of Ald-Ruhn, where the Redoran Council resides, of which I am also a member.

As I said, I have many pokers in the fire, so to call me Assassin, is one of many things I could be called.

HOW DID YOU FIRST MEET YOUR WRITER?
Hmm, that's an interesting question. I suppose we met about five or six years ago in the Census and Excise Office of Seyda Neen on his XBox. I was to be a Mash-up between a warrior and assassin, based on Helseth who resided at Velas Manor in Mournhold. I ended up with the manor's surname, and a variation on HelSETH.

Since than we've just taken the Assassin class and ran with it, originally he was just a powergamer, but than he started really getting into the story, and I fit perfectly in his mind.

DID YOU EVER THINK THAT YOUR LIFE WOULD END UP BEING IN A BOOK?
Honestly, no! I don't think he did either. When he started writing, he had about fifteen characters to choose from, most don't even exist anymore. I think he chose me as I was his 'primary' character, and most personally developed in his head. I am honored in retrospect.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SCENES IN YOUR BOOK: ACTION, DIALOGUE, ROMANCE?
Hmmm. It's hard to say. I admit I ironically shy from conflict, despite having more than my fair share of it. In the stories I'm portrayed between being sinister and a stalwart friend, but I do enjoy a good conversation, so I suppose it would be conversation. I also appear to be unlucky in love and a talented killer, so I suppose I do have a bad reputation outside looking in, despite my genuine good nature.

YOU HAVE A GENUINE GOOD NATURE? WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT?
I treat others as I would have them treat me. I have never spoken ill to another, unless it was called upon. I expect no less from others than what I am willing to do.

That includes duty. Yes, it is my duty to take life at times. What makes a mage that has no regard for life, that is capable of ending one with a flick of a finger and a fireball, or a Soldier facing his enemy bravely on the battlefield and being the victor, any different than I? Opinions. Perspectives. Merely thus.

I will say that any kills I have had to do, I attempt to make as quickly and painless as possible. I do not relish suffering, indeed, I loathe it. Even enemies deserve a clean death. There has been exceptions, of course. But these weren't mere enemies, these were....nemeses.

DID YOU HAVE A HARD TIME CONVINCING YOUR AUTHOR TO WRITE ANY PARTICULAR SCENES FOR YOU?
Actually, I don't have too. We have a mutual respect, he lets me be who I am in spite of sometimes by knack for going off script sometimes, he says I've actually surprised him a couple of times. But I think thats the secret of any good relationship, accepting and respecting who the person is, not trying to change them too what you want them to be.

For that reason, I don't like his 'retcon' a couple of years ago, when he essentially tried to make me "Altair" from "Assassin's Creed." I'm still embarrassed. I existed prior to that games release, and was just fine as was. Despite the similarities in our characters, I am not Altair.

DO YOU INFILTRATE YOUR AUTHORS DREAMS?
No, we each have our time and space in which to exist, even a yearlong pause on his part is merely an instant to me.

ARE YOU CURRENTLY ENGAGED IN A RELATIONSHIP?
Hmmm. Not 'currently,' no. Though he tells me there is something cooking up in my future. I've been widowed and just had a bad breakup with a girlfriend however. I also have a Daedra Seducer companion, but there is nothing physical or emotional about our partnership, though it is the cause of a few raised eyebrows. One woman in particular...

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE GENRE YOUR WRITER HAS PLACED YOU IN?
Indeed. I would be alien in anything else. He says if I existed in real life, I'd likely be a Special Operations Commando in Belize.

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A SEQUEL IF YOUR WRITER IS SO INCLINED?
I've already been in one, with a third in the works. Provided another author hurries herself up with her story! But I am more or less happy with the progress that has been made so far, he doesn't like his earliest works in comparison to now as it's been a learning experience for both of us.

IF YOU COULD GIVE YOURSELF A SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
I think the powers which I already possess are adequate. I can make myself invisible, use 'Command' to influence weak-minded individuals for a short time, and in theory will never die from age or disease. Supposedly I am quite intelligent, according to my author, and have a inborn talent for my trade.

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Aug 7 2011, 08:52 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
grif11
post Jul 20 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

I'm hardly a "47+ Page" Author, but I'll give it a go!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character: Raymond Will
Genre/Setting: Fallout: New Vegas/"Pre-Courier"

I'm Raymond Will, or Ray. I've recently been called gramps though. I'm a sniper who fought for the NCR for a long time before retiring. I moved to the central wasteland after I finished my biography and joined up with a group called Coldshort's Company.

He picked up a copy of New Vegas not long ago, and has since been addicted to it like a fiend is to psycho.

I was his second character, the first being some smooth-talker who couldn't take one laser without keeling over. After realising that he needed someone with more endurance, I was made. of course, some of those speech and barter skills were passed on to me.

As a soldier, no. But, after retiring I realised that the next generation needed some knowledge of the NCR, other than people calling them "Crooks who make laws". Of course, most people from the wasteland are illiterate, so finding my author was extremely lucky!

It has to be the action. The tension in some scenes are brilliant, and well, it's a good show of my talent. However, some of the dialogue is good too. some scenes, like old Eagles death are really touching, while others, like the caravaneer conversation are hilarious. It's difficult to balance the two.

DID YOU HAVE A HARD TIME CONVINCING YOUR AUTHOR TO WRITE ANY PARTICULAR SCENES FOR YOU?
Well, the above mentioned death scene took some persuasion. He isn't so good at writing "sad scenes", since he thinks his work sounds a bit sappy, but those speech skills came in handy and he got it done.

I'm afraid not, unless you count the law. But I still have a few years so who knows? might get lucky...

Yes, definitely. I'm not sure what drama that is however. A mix of action and drama, perhaps? It seems fitting to have some action in a story of a sniper, but the drama helps bring out my character.

I think it's more if the readers are so inclined. My author enjoys writing, but thinks his work is, well, "Lesser" when compared to other great works.

Flight, I would guess. It would fit well with me, being the "Eagle". But really, I'd settle for twenty more years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I missed out dream intruder because I wasn't sure what to put, but there we go!

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 21 2011, 02:24 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Character: Jerric
Setting: Oblivion MQ

I’m Jerric. Pleased to meet you. Uh, I’m a battlemage. And I’m a Nord.

I don’t remember not knowing her.

When she started writing, that was my first clue. I never thought anyone would read it, though.

Yeah.

My story should have a lot more sex in it. She keeps saying ‘TMI,’ whatever that means.

That would send her around the bend. No, I’m too busy at night. Sleeping.

Well, I have a dog. Otherwise it’s in the book. What did you think it’s about, saving the world?

I don’t know what ‘genre’ means.

Yeah. It would mean that I survived the first story.

Being invisible to the gods.

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SAY?
Are you going to finish that sandwich?

This post has been edited by Grits: Jul 21 2011, 03:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 21 2011, 03:53 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 20 2011, 08:24 PM) *
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SAY?
Are you going to finish that sandwich?

That is so Jerric! laugh.gif

Okay, here's mine:
Character: Julian of Anvil

Genre/Setting: Oblivion, Main Quest

PLEASE GIVE US A QUICK INTRODUCTION? Julian of Anvil, formerly primus pilus, Ninth Cohort of Legio Six; currently Blade Sister and Associate in the Mages Guild.

HOW DID YOU FIRST MEET YOUR WRITER? Hmm, let me see. I think it was when I woke up in a jail cell with a smith's hammer pounding in my skull and a very bad taste in my mouth.

DID YOU EVER THINK THAT YOUR LIFE WOULD END UP BEING IN A BOOK? Uh, no. My life is plenty dull. That is, until I met the Emperor. Now I'd love for things to be dull again.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SCENES IN YOUR BOOK: ACTION, DIALOGUE, ROMANCE? I love a good tale over a mug of hot klah by the fire with my friends and fellow Blades. Matching wits with my fellow mages in the Guild is a challenge, though. They're all smarter and better educated than I. But I wouldn't mind a little action – in bed with the right partner. It's been a long time.

DID YOU HAVE A HARD TIME CONVINCING YOUR AUTHOR TO WRITE ANY PARTICULAR SCENES FOR YOU? Not at all. My writer is awesome – a great listener. She does have a way of getting me to tell her things I've never told anyone else.

DO YOU INFILTRATE YOUR AUTHORS DREAMS? No. That would be rude.

ARE YOU CURRENTLY ENGAGED IN A RELATIONSHIP? If you count a certain white horse, yes. If you're thinking bed-partner, no. Not yet.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE GENRE YOUR WRITER HAS PLACED YOU IN? Some of the stuff my writer has written leave me blinking with sheer incomprehension. What is a Browning Automatic Rifle? A G4? A FTL? No, I'm happy where I'm at.

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A SEQUEL IF YOUR WRITER IS SO INCLINED? We're already talking about LBMQ (Life Beyond Main Quest – haute)

IF YOU COULD GIVE YOURSELF A SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE? Invisibility. Sometimes I wish people would stop asking me for help.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Jul 21 2011, 06:27 AM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Oh this looks fun. I have two characters though:

Character: Wrothken and Lilitu Serano
Genre/Setting:
Wrothken: Shivering Isles
Lilitu: Kvatch

Wrothken: -shifts uncomfortably in his chair- Well, my name is Wrothken. I got caught up with helping Sheogorath in the Shivering Isles. I can't tell you what a mistake that was... listen, if you ever see a door with a glowing blue mouth, do not go in! Umm.... I'm from Bruma originally and I used to live in Kvatch before I came to the Isles.

Lilitu: My name is Lilitu Serano, Thieves Guild fence, though lately I've seemed to catch the attention of the Gray Fox. He's been giving me a few errands to run for him.

Wrothken: Well... I was supposed to be her husband's character, but he decided to pass me on to her to write my story because her style of writing seemed to fit the idea better. It was his idea that I go to the Isles. -grumbles- Jerk.

Lilitu: We met long ago, during the first play through. -leans in and lowers voice- You know I was supposed to be a fighter? -giggles- But stealing is so much more fun! And its safer for me.

Wrothken: No.... but I never thought I'd be trying to stop a Greymarch and taking orders from some whacked out Daedric Prince.

Lilitu: Oh, eventually, though I thought it would be after all was said and done... and I've got so many things to do still.

Wrothken: The action. Because there's been no romance for me... nothing good anyway.

Lilitu: Hmmm.... -bites her thumb- That's tough. Action for me isn't fighting, oh god no. Its the thrill of the sneak. Its getting my hands of something valuable and knowing I'll have to get out fast and unseen... but everyone knows I'm a sucker for a good heart pounding romance. Its in my nature.

Wrothken: -thinks, while chewing his thumbnail- Not that I can think of. -snaps his finger- Actually fight scenes. I know she acts them out with her husband a few times, but she always feels like they're missing something or that they seem too quick. -shrugs- As long as I get out alive though.

Lilitu: Sex scenes. She gets far too shy about writing them. -sighs- Which is a shame. I'd rather like to enjoy more...

Wrothken: Rarely.

Lilitu: All the time! Its how ideas are born. Sometimes you just need to peek in for a sec and give a little nudge.

Wrothken: -sighs- No, not anymore. I'm getting over her though. The only good thing about this stupid Greymarch is that I've just been too busy to think about Awour.

Lilitu: -her eyes take on a distant look- No, I guess not... I mean I share a bed with a few people now and then, but there's one I think will always remain in my heart. But I don't think I'm prepared to talk about Vivica at this time.

Wrothken: You mean a mind-twister? 'Cause that's what this feels like! And no, I'm not pleased. Would you be if a Daedric Prince regularly threatened to disembowel you?

Lilitu: I suppose. I'm not quite sure what it is, but things seem to be going decently.

Wrothken: As long as I'm away from Sheogorath, I'm good.

Lilitu: I'd love it!

Wrothken: Super strength

Lilitu: The ability to walk through walls.

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 21 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

---I'm going to let Haa-Rei loose on the laptop while I go for some food, have fun---

Character: Haa-Rei

Genre/Setting: Oblivion

Quick introduction? I'm Haa-Rei, an Argonian. If we're going by my book then I'm not doing much, if we're going by real time then I'm a Conjurer in the Mages Guild (among other, secret, things)

How did you meet your writer? I was in an Imperial hotel room prison cell and he came in and helped me escape (it was mainly me, he was just tagging along I think)

Did you ever think you would be in a book? No, there wasn't much to talk about apart from what I'd stolen.

What are your favourite scenes from your book: Action, dialogue, romance? Have you read my 'book'? There's not really many scenes at all, I wouldn't mind a romance scene to show off my rock hard abs though. (no really...why are you laughing?)

Did you have a hard time convincing your writer to do any specific scenes? Nope. He's cool with me telling him what to do and where to go.

Do you infiltrate your authors dreams? Only when I'm bored. I like to wander around his head when he's asleep, there's lots of room.

Are you currently in a relationship? *consults Hazmick* No comment, apparently.

Are you happy with the genre your writer has placed you in? What other genre has Argonians? I'm very happy where I am.

Any sequels in your future? A sequel? At the rate Hazmick's going we'll have all passed on before there's another chapter!

If you could have a superpower, what would it be? A nice warm cup of nightshade tea...is that a superpower?

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 22 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #7

Paladin
Group Icon

PLEASE GIVE US A QUICK INTRODUCTION.
My name is Acadian. I am - or rather was - a Nordic dragon rider with the Order of the Ice Dragon. A paladin. That is until Phantom and I were cut down in flight by the flames from a pair of Ra Gada dragon riders. But that was over five centuries ago.

SO YOU'RE DEAD?
Yes and no. A dragon's spirit is immortal, so Phantom has sustained us in ethereal form, but she and I can only survive for a few days without the assistance of a willing mortal host.

HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR WRITER?
When our last host perished, Phantom and I sought and found a replacement - oddly enough a young wood elf. Her body may be as fragile as that of a butterfly, but her spirit can indeed accommodate that of a dragon. It turns out that she fancies herself a writer.

Dialogue without question. With action scenes, there is always the chance of losing my host. During romance scenes I certainly feel like a third wheel. Dialogue is safe.

DO I TAKE IT THEN YOU ARE NOT ENGAGED IN A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP?
Given my age and ethereal nature, I'm flattered that you would even entertain the possibility. But no. Concerns of the flesh are several centuries behind me.

Phantom and I are just happy to have a gracious elf who is willing to breathe life into our old spirits.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jul 23 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

Thank you Black Hand, this was oddly therapeutic!

WARNING: Wall of text incoming.

CHARACTER(S):
Arnand Desele, Lattia Direnni, Varla Direnni, The Chevalier Renald (aka Vershu), Valdemar of Skyrim, Alain of Wayrest, Sir Casnar, Spearman Rielus, Zurin Arctus, and General Talos Stormcrown.

GENRE/SETTING:
Historical epic/ Tamriel in the years preceding the end of the Second Era

Varla Direnni: Good luck with that!
Lattia Direnni: Should I start? Well, I am Lattia of Clan Direnni. I have been told that I am a mage of the first order, but I am still unsure of that myself.
VD: Of course you are, dear. Unsure I mean. I’m Varla, Lattia’s sister. I don’t share her skill with magic or her lack of confidence.
Arnand Desele: What you see as a lack in confidence appears to be an ingratiating modesty to me. I am Arnand Desele, nightblade and victim of circumstance.
LD: You’re brooding, Arnand.
VD: Leave him to what he’s good at.
Alain of Wayrest: Not to interrupt, but he did say a ‘quick’ introduction. I am Alain of Wayrest, and this is Valdemar of Skyrim . . .
(A curt nod issues from the gigantic Nord seated to Alain’s right.)
. . . We are knight’s errant of a sort.
Sir Casnar: Of what sort?! I am Casnar, former Knight of the Moon and late of Sentinel in Hammerfell.
Spearman Rielus: Rielus. Spearman of the Imperial Legion. Late of, well, nowhere really.
Zurin Arctus: I don’t believe that General Talos and I need to introduce ourselves to your readers.
Chevalier Renald: I am the Chevalier Renald, Captain of a syffim of Tsaesci charged by Reman I to protect the line of the Dragon.

ZA: You must be more specific. General Talos and I have had many writers over the years.
Talos Stormcrown: Indeed.
AoW: Most of us came into existence through the efforts of Bethesda’s writers, but they didn’t seem to know what to do with us.
SC: Neither does our current writer if you judge his output of late. I’ve been sitting in Sutch for a really long time.
VD: Speak for yourself, Sir Casnar. Lattia is still in Apocrypha!
AD: And I’m on a ship between Artaeum and the Sumerset Isles.
LD: Varla, Arnand and I were not Bethesda creations. Destri found hints of our existence buried in the lore and impressed upon us how much our stories needed to be told.
VD: Then he promptly stopped the telling.
LD: I don’t think he did it on purpose.
SC: How would you know? Have you spoken to him recently? The last I remember you weren’t on speaking terms with anyone. ‘I am Lattia Direnni’ . . . chilling.
AoW: We’ve all been left in limbo this year, let’s not dwell on it. Oh, Valdemar, Casnar, Rielus, and I were all Bethesda creations.
CR: I was a Bethesda creation as well, but the only proof of that is a single paragraph in one of the in-game books. Destri thought that my story was interesting enough to try to tell it so I’ve been whispering to him ever since.
VD: Can’t say that I blame here there. You Tsaesci are fascinating.

TS: Of course.
ZA: Yes. It was inevitable.
LD: Absolutely not. I still don’t know that it warrants a book.
VD: My life warrants a volume or two, but only as the most salacious of memoir. Like something written by that Crassius Curio who used to live in Morrowind. It truly is amazing what one sees from the Dreamsleeve.
AD: I haven’t seen that much. And, to answer your question, no I did not think my life would end in a book. But it has. Painfully. That bothers me.
VoS: What difference does it make what we thought? The book is now there for all to see.
SC: Well, part of it is anyway.
AoW: I thought we weren’t going to dwell on that. The lives of knights are often fodder for public consumption. I would have to say that I didn’t think it, but it doesn’t surprise me.
SR: That’s how one straddles the wall, Alain!
CR: In Tsaesci our books are reserved for the passing of martial techniques or the dissemination of law and proper conduct. Since we have traveled amongst the Cyrodiils for nigh unto a thousand years any book written of our exploits would have to come from a human hand. Most humans, those who are aware of our existence, fear and hate us.

LD: The romance has been my favorite so far . . . such as it is.
VD: Dialogue.
AD: Action for me. But I don’t mind the romantic bits.
LD: Thanks a lot!
ZA: Lady Varla and I are of one mind. I too enjoy the verbal sparring.
VoS: Verbal sparring, what a ridiculous concept! Give me my mace and a target and get out of the way. I’ll leave the talking to Alain.
SC: I have to agree with my giant friend here. I’m far more comfortable holding a blade than I am holding flowers or a flag of parlay.

CR: He’s had a great deal of trouble with scenes featuring my syffim. Terrible things have been happening to us, and he has not been comfortable writing about them.
VoS: That’s strange. Alain and I have encountered no such trouble. We tell him what to write and then he writes it.
TS: He’s been fairly successful in relating our various stories as honestly as he can. I can understand his trouble writing for Renald and his syffim. There are also things ahead that I am sure will be difficult to write. I think I speak for all of us here when I say that we have faith in him.

DO YOU INFILTRATE YOUR AUTHOR’S DREAMS?
TS: No.
ZA: No.
AoW: Not that I can recall.
VoS: What for?
SC: No.
SR: Me neither.
AD: Nor I.
LD: I have, I am ashamed to say.
VD: Really? What was it like?
LD: It was a brief stay. I am not proud of it. It was a lot like accidentally walking in on someone while they are naked.
VD: So what did he look like naked?
LD: Varla!
VD: What? You brought it up. I’ve never infiltrated his dreams.
AD: That’s not for lack of trying I imagine.
VD: By Sheogorath! I think Arnand just told a joke. I’m the one who must be dreaming.

SC: Valdemar?
AoW: Uh oh!
VoS: Why is everyone looking at me!!?
SC: Inquiring minds want to know.
AoW: Inquiring minds . . . or dirty ones?
VD: There’s a difference? You have to admit that you and Valdemar are awfully . . . friendly toward each other.
VoS: What are you insinuating?
LD: No one is insinuating anything.
VD: Yes, I’m flat out asking. Is there anything between you and Alain?
(Sir Casnar and Spearman Rielus crane their necks toward the large Nord.)
AoW: Oh Gods!
VoS: Anything as in . . .?
VD: How graphic would you like me to get? Use your imagination.
SC: He is a Nord.
VD: Oh, right. Sorry.
VoS: Alain is my boon companion . . .
(Spearman Rielus succumbs to an uncontrollable fit of the giggles.)
. . . and as such we have faced down any number of dangers in our time together. I consider him as close to me as my good shield arm. But if you are somehow suggesting that we have had occasion during our adventures to wander off to a shared tent to get sweaty together . . .
AoW: Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
VoS: . . . then I am sorry to disappoint you.
LD: Can we move on to the next question please?
VD: Yes, we wouldn’t want to explore any questions of you and Arnand, would we?
LD: Just as we wouldn’t want to explore questions of you and General Talos, dear sister.
TS: I believe we were moving on to the next question.

VoS: What’s a genre?
ZA: It has to do with a specific type of story.
VoS: And what type of story would you say we have been placed in?
AoW: Historical epic maybe?
VoS: In that case, I am happy.
TS: As am I.

(The answer to this question is lost because most of the participants were indisposed due to fits of wild laughter for fifteen minutes.)

VoS: What’s a superpower?
AoW: Something that sets you apart from all others.
SC: In your case the superhuman capacity for mead and the ability to make others fly.
LD: I have all the superpowers I need thank you.
VD: As do I.
AD: I didn’t know that promiscuity was a superpower.
VD: Two jokes from Arnand! I need to sit down!
TS: I would take immortality and the ability to be worshipped as a god. Oh wait.
ZA: Show off! Everything you could want as a superpower is already available as a spell. But if I had to choose I would say infallible clairvoyance.
SR: That would be useful to you. How about the ability to fly?
SC: Just go to Morrowind. Or, better yet, have Valdemar smack you with that mace of his. I’ll take irresistible charm. Oh wait. What about you, Renald?
CR: I have no such aspirations.
SR: Yeah, the guy’s a thousand year old vampire snake, for Mara’s sake. I think he has superpowers covered.
LD: What about you, Arnand? What superpower would you give yourself?
AD: The ability to cure vampirism on the PS3.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 23 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
blink.gif huh.gif laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif
smile.gif
rollinglaugh.gif
laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jul 23 2011, 05:12 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Awesome! Im reading all this and laughing my butt off! I thank all for your contributions, I honestly would like to pick up and read every single one of your stories, but alas, I work 60+ hour weeks. BUUUUuuuuUUUTTT. Im planning on getting an Iphone next check, so that would hopefully give me an opportunity to kill some time during posting. (posting is sitting in an Ambulance, doing nothing.)
+Quote Post
saqin
post Jul 23 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #11

Agent

Sa'Quira more or less forced me to let her write this, though she'd never admit it. She promised there wouldn't be any spoilers.

Character: Sa'Quira
Genre/Setting: Tamriel at the time of the Oblivion crisis, and some time afterwards.

I'm Sa'Quira. Also called Ma'Quira, Dar'Quira and Saqin. I prefer Saqin though. I'm from Elsweyr originally, my parents wanted me to step in their footsteps and work for the mane, as one of his guards I suppose you could say. I do not however care for the mane, and so you find me here, an outlaw.

I believe it was when I first got of the boat from Elsweyr. She had found out somewhere who I was and said I could help her with something, not without profit for myself of course. And when we sat down to talk, I realised that I could earn more from our cooperation than even she thought at first.

Perhaps, but I'd not think that I wouldn't be the main character. Which is kind of disappointing I suppose. I do find myself more deserving that either Felisa or Gasheera. But then again, it's being published after I manage to get into hiding, and I did get what I wanted from this whole “adventure” as you'd call it.

Action of course, I have yet to have any romance scenes, and besides I don't quite understand the fun of them.

I believe that must be me mating with Gasheera, she's yet to write it. 'Sa'Quira smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes.'

Occasionally, she never remembers it though. It's interesting how twisted her mind can become when you take all of her ideas and experiences and mix them together.

In real time I'm not, not expecting to ever again either. But as far as the book has gotten I'm in a relationship with Gasheera, that stupid but very strong male khajiit who's taken to calling himself the hero of Kvatch.

Why should I not? I'm not very interested in romance or drama, though there is some in the book.

No, out of the question. I've left the public and their stupid day to day worrying. I've got no reason to wish to go back. It was amusing travelling across all of Tamriel with Felisa and Gasheera, but I wouldn't want to redo it. As I believe I said before, I've got what I want. You'll have to read the whole book to know exactly what that is though, she's not yet written of it.

Why should I need one? I can already do what I need with magic.

--------------------
I no longer use this acoount since I can't do anything with it. New username: Saquira
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Jul 26 2011, 05:18 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

Oh, this is going to be fun. And I've got some new questions, too!

WARNING: Suggestive spoilers!

CHARACTER:
Awtwyr Draghoyn

GENRE/SETTING:
First-hand accounts / 3E 433-4E2, Tamriel and Assorted Plains of Oblivion

Awtwyr: Certainly. It's pronounced Ahtt-hwuyr mac Thair-rum mac Rahg-nall, O'Cinnidh Draig-ho-eyn.

UH...
Awtwyr: In Tamriellic?

PLEASE.
Awtwyr: Awtwyr Draghoyn. Son of Thairrom Son of Ragnall, with my family/clan-name, 'Draghoyn,' at the end, but it's not too important this side of the Wrothgarians. Here's where I'm supposed to mention that long list of titles and honours, but it gets to be a waste of time and words. Time better spent in familiar taverns with favored company. I let the insignia on my armor do the talking. Kind of hard for people to not know something about me, nearly all of which generally discourages trouble.

AND THE NAME?
Awtwyr: I'm a Shornhelm Highlander. Mostly. High Rock is enough of a mongrel province to make detailed blood ancestry a difficult and time consuming explanation. What I can't argue with are the results. That, and the music. Care for some?

YOU AREN'T PLANNING ON PLAYING THE BAGPIPES, ARE YOU?
Awtwyr: Not the standard ones you hear such bad things about. I play the Hjalti Stormcrown Bagpipes, which extend the range above and below the standard Highland Pipes for more notes to play. And the ability to swap out certain components makes it suitable for more environments. But enough about the music of my homeland.

Awtwyr: He was wasting his time trying to learn what it takes to survive and thrive in the cut-throat world of Tamriel. I had gotten thrown into prison over a small misunderstanding, and my obvious natural abilities made me a perfect resource for his needs. It went from there.

Awtwyr: Of course. It's why I started keeping journals. Of course, wind and weather have occasionally smudged out my exemplary record-keeping, requiring a good-faith effort on the Cappy's part. Still, he's only human, so there are some occasional errors in his transcription process. Luckily, the more attentive and near-universally more experienced members of this publishing community catch those errors before my image gets turned into a complete satire.

Awtwyr: Is this where we make the pun about skilled weapons handling vs a sharp tongue? The one where only romance rewards the user for expertise in both? That one?

SURE. WHY NOT?
Awtwyr: Ah, well then, here's the interesting part. Only the last one is ethically difficult. Alchemy and some spells handle the middle one, and you wouldn't believe how much easier the first has gotten since I decided to invest some quality time and quality resources in this fine suit of enchanted armor and assorted jewelry you see me wearing. But romance? That's the only one where you can't substantially lower the difficulty without changing what it is. An evenly matched fight and a complete curb-stomp of a fight are both still technically fights. A sharp conversation and an unbelievably easy scam are both examples of dialogue. But the minute you start playing around with another person's mind, romance stops being romance and instead elevates you in the service of Molag Bal. Which, of course, isn't me.

Awtwyr: Yes. The next scene. That answer remains true for each and every installment. Destri at least has the excuse of working with a story to rival the work of that George Martin fellow Cappy always talks about. But my contractually obligated scribe? Spends too much time preparing his real favorite work, set to occur some 200 years from now. The guy's obsessed with turning himself into "the definitive Dragonborn of Chorrol.com", whatever that means.

DO YOU INFILTRATE YOUR AUTHOR’S DREAMS?
Awtwyr: Yes, and I hate it. That's Vaermina's job, not mine. But he's the one pulling me in, not the other way around. Gets unusual sometimes. Once or twice he had dreams about me and things I've done that I hadn't even told him yet. Not that I'm complaining anymore, what with my new outlook on things and all.

Awtwyr: You know if I had a Septim...Not in the erotic sense, no. There were some potential ladies, but between my duties at the time and my subsequent...career change, any hope of a marriage blessed by Mara is pretty much out of the question.

Awtwyr: He placed me in? Hey this is my story. It's the genre into which I dragged him.

Awtwyr: Ooohhh, how I love that one. Short answer: Yes. Slightly longer but still technically the short answer: Yes, twice around. Longer answer: Already done, but the d@mn publishing and transcribing seems to be taking a little too long. Allow me to now stare daggers at the good Captain, that he may get the message.

Also, while we're at it, I have been informed that I'll be making guest appearances in Cappy's next work. Which is appropriate, considering that the idea of trying to annihilate or dominate certain dangerous beasts sounds like a deficiency in the sanity department.

Awtwyr:It'd be cool to teleport annoying people away from me. I've seen it in action and I must admit a sense of satisfaction that would come from having such a power. Still have yet to understand how it's done, though certain acquaintances have implied that I may yet acquire this technique. As for the rest, I already have a significant set of 'abilities' at my disposal. Flight, elemental control, bursts of extraordinary physical and mental ability, mental manipulation, gravity manipulation, telekinesis, etc. Though, getting some of my staff to act with a little more respect would be nice. Or at the very least, trying to get one particular right-hand-man to have a little enthusiasm for his job.

This post has been edited by Captain Hammer: Aug 1 2011, 03:29 AM

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 27 2011, 07:08 AM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

These are great !!! I have spewed on my screen a few times though, lol. Oh, Griff11, I absolutely love your new Avatar !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 30 2011, 03:09 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

We are very pleased to be able to present this exclusive and candid interview with Athynae Sarethi and Athlain Treyson. The words are their own. Nothing has been changed or removed.

------------------------

Please give us a quick introduction.

Athlain: I am Athlain Treyson, officer of the Imperial Legion and resident of Vvardenfell. Is that quick enough?

Athynae: I am Athynae Serethi, daughter of Athyn and Serene Sarethi and first born child on Vvardefell after the Blight. And- there is no need to be so rude, Athlain.

Athlain: How was that rude? I just asked if it was quick enough.

Athynae: Yes- and I HEARD your tone. If you did not want to do this, you should not have agreed.

Athlain: You are just angry with me already, so you hear that "tone" in everything I say.

Athynae: You just THINK I am angry. I am merely- annoyed. If I was ANGRY- you would know it. And you would not LIKE me if I was angry.

Athlain: I apologize. You are right. Next question please.

Athynae: Thank you, dear. Yes please, the next question?

How did you meet your writer?

Athlain: It is all my father’s fault. He decided to stop adventuring, and no one really wants to read a story about someone who simply raises his family and makes potions. So, when this so-called “author” was casting about for something else to do, he casually asked me if I had kept any journals. I had no idea….

Athynae: And for me, it was all because of the writer and my mother conspiring. She actually allowed him to tell MY story. And then- of course- he and Athlain were GETTING IT WRONG. So I had to step in. I just couldn't stand the way they were portraying me as some overly angry "girl." Men are useful sometimes, but you CANNOT trust them to get a story straight. They acted as if they knew what I was thinking, but they didn't have a clue. AND - what a surprise- they did not even ASK ME!

They assumed a woman’s story would be all about clothes and shoes and- and- ohhhh!

So, I decided I had better write MY part of the story myself.

So, how did….

Athynae: YES. Before you ask, I did infiltrate his dreams. I HAD TO. It was the only way to get my point across, the only way he would LISTEN. And I had to threaten him with a balding spell to get him out of his stupor. He tried to use that "I'm thinking about it" excuse. He has no idea the lengths I went to getting him back on track, the hours I spent on that spell, all the time I spent trying to get his attention before the dreams. I really tried conventional methods first. They just didn't work.

Did you ever think your life would be in a book?

Athlain: I grew up reading my father’s journal, as well as those of Serene and Sethyas. My father collects every firsthand account he can find, and he always allowed me free access to his library. So, when I left home, I began keeping my own journal. I am not sure who I thought it was for…, but it seemed important.

It was only later that the- ah, transcriptionist approached me.

Athynae: OH NO! I have always kept a journal, as my Mother always has, but it never occurred to me that it would end up in a book. Truly, my life never seemed exciting enough for a book. And, unlike Athlain, I had never read any of their journals before.... Also- as I said earlier, when I realized they were including ME and MY thoughts, and DOING IT WRONG! Then I simply had to make sure it was written correctly.

Are you happy with the genre your writer has placed you in?

Athlain: Genre? That seems to imply that my story is a work of fiction. I assure you, that is NOT the case- and I can show you the scars to prove it. And again, I note that he is more of a transcriber than a writer.

Athynae: I would have to agree with Athlain on this. THIS IS NO WORK OF FICTION! I'm sorry -I'm just not quite clear headed this morning

Athlain: Did you have your tea? Let me just ring for someone to bring a cup. Ah-- did you want the ...red cup?

Athynae: I AM drinking my tea! No need to be hostile. And, NO I DO NOT NEED THE RED CUP!

Athlain: That was fear -not hostility.

Athynae: Funny how you can be smart enough to fear me before my tea, but you can stand face to face with any number of monsters and not think at all.

Athlain: Excuse me just a moment. I need to ask someone for something....

(Athlain steps to the door and speaks in a low tone. Moments later, a servant appears with a LARGE red cup and silently hands it to Athynae).

Athynae: Well now isn't that just lovely? NOW EVERYONE KNOWS! Thank you very much.

Athlain: Drink your tea, dear. It's good for you. (Muttered- And for the rest of us.)

Athynae: Do you have one of my healing potions with you?

Athlain: (suspiciously) Why?

Athynae: You keep pushing me and you are going to need it. “For the rest of us,” really?

Next question, sir. Please.

Athlain: Yes- please.

What are your favorite scenes in your book- action, dialogue, romance?

Athlain: He seems to get the action right, doesn’t try to glorify or embellish it very much. And the dialogue is usually accurate. Of course, he is working from my journals, so…

Athynae: Some ROMANCE would be wonderful. Not that I am holding my breath.

Athlain: What do you mean by that? What do you call all these thoughts I have about you?

Athynae: That's just it! They are THOUGHTS! A girl occasionally appreciates some action you know! Mumbling "I love you" in a snow-storm does NOT count.

Athlain: Oh? And how are we supposed to have "action" when we aren’t together?

Athynae: AND WHOSE fault is THAT?

Athlain: I do have a job to do, ‘Thyna. Did you forget?

Athynae: Oh please! That again? And you can't ASK FOR HELP? On this "JOB?"

Athlain: ‘Thyna, you are being just a bit unreasonable, don't you think?

Athynae: FINE! Next question.

Athlain: Go on to the next question, please. She won’t give this up. (Aside- You can tell when she gets that look in her eyes. Like a guar stuck in a mud-hole.

Athynae: Guar. Guar? I'll show you a guar, mister.

Athlain: It was just a figure of speech, sweetheart.

Athynae: Just as soon as we are out of here.

Athlain: PLEASE ask the next question.

Athynae: (Smiling sweetly) Please do go on.

Athlain: I am begging you- next question. We needn't air our conflicts here.

Athynae: You only think you've seen "conflict." Just wait. And stop holding that Intervention amulet. I see that! The Temple won't save you.

So. Moving along...

Athlain: Yes. Please. (Muttered- Thank the Nine).

Athynae: You need to be thanking someone for saving your hide.

Did you have a hard time convincing your writer to write any particular scenes?

Athlain: He seems to have these long periods where he just -ignores- my journals. I know he has read all of them and is aware of the major events. But he has a habit of stopping for no apparent reason. Of course, that has changed recently, thanks to….

Athynae: Yes, thanks to me! Of course I had to threaten him with a new balding spell I created, just to get the ball rolling so to speak. And since I did that, I went ahead and threw in MY thoughts into the mix. MY REAL thoughts -not some conjured up ideas from Athlain's journal. And thank Azura I did. Because if I hadn't, people would still think I was some stupid "girl," sitting at home pining away. I ask you –does that sound like ME? I don't think so.

Athlain: Dear... I never thought you were stupid.... And- you ARE a girl.

Athynae: No, I am a woman. And I am still waiting for you to notice that. A "girl" would be home chasing cliff racers with her bow and stealing sweet rolls from the kitchen.

Athlain: Next question- PLEASE?

Athynae: Yes. Please.

Do you infiltrate your author’s dreams?

Athynae: I already answered that.

Athlain: No. That would be… just “no.”

Athynae: I really cannot say the same. Sorry. I do what I must to ensure that he gets it all and gets it right. And although I may not be proud of it - it works when all else fails.

And- a better question might be whether the writer infiltrates MY dreams; as he does upon occasion.

Athlain: WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

Athynae: Never mind dear, it's nothing to bother yourself with. You wouldn't understand.

Athlain: Where is my MACE? I have to go!

Athynae: Athlain, there is no need to run amok over this. We are just friends, working together to get your story straight. Now SIT DOWN!!!

Athlain: (Grumbling) All right.

Athynae: And for Azura's sake, please put that thing away before you hurt yourself.

Athlain: He said he was going to the Imperial City next, right?

Athynae: We'll talk about it later dear. Next question please.

Are you currently engaged in a relationship?

Athlain: (Looks at Athynae's hand, tightly held in his.) What do YOU think?

Athynae: (Shakes the hand free and looks at its unadorned fingers). Is “engaged” the same as “betrothed?” Because I thought when someone was engaged, they were asked and then given a gift to represent the occasion. I have been given no such gift- nor have I been asked.

Athlain: Um- well- I was going to say 'yes', but now.... (Begins searching through his pockets).

Athynae: Unless you count the bracer. And I don't. What on Nirn are you digging in your pockets for? I certainly hope it isn’t some ring you just found lying around. That would hardly show any thought or consideration for me. “Romance” -in the form of a ring you probably found in some musty old tomb? I don’t think so!

Athlain: Never mind. Next question?

Athynae: Yes. Next question please. Before he says something he can't explain.

So- you are NOT engaged?

Athlain- Apparently not.

Athynae: As I said, the betrothal was engineered by our mothers, and has been accepted and approved by the Duke. But -someone has STILL neither "asked" nor "given." So, no we aren't.

Athlain: And all she has "given" me -besides her scarf- is my life. Several times. Oh, and some rather spectacular bruises.

Athynae: What was I supposed to do? Hunt you down and then just stand there while you keeled over? I think not.

Athlain: You DO KNOW -my jaw still creaks when I eat?

Athynae: I could heal that for you. If I wanted to. But maybe it will limit your verbiage.

So- I will just put that down as "betrothed" -yes?

Athynae: Yes. That's fine.

Athlain: (mumbled) Certainly.

Moving on …

Athynae: Please.

Athlain: Yes- wonderful- please do.

Athynae: (Aside to Athlain, in a whisper) How did you get us into this again? These questions are very personal.

Athlain: ME? I thought it was YOU!

Athynae and Athlain simultaneously: MAE AND CAI!

Athynae: You know; I could see that you become an only child…

Athlain: Would you? For me? Now THAT would be a GIFT!

Athynae: Picking on you is one thing, but when they include me in their antics, it is inexcusable.

Athlain: Yes dear.

Athynae: Well, you are accustomed to it. But, they are SUPPOSED to be my FRIENDS.

Athlain: Yes dear- but- the nice scribe is waiting....

Athynae: Right. Well- is there another question? We really have important business to attend to.

I forgot. I feel rather- disoriented. Just give me a moment.

Athynae: Sometimes the cost of a moment is great.

Ah- prophecy? So- you are still prone to visions then?

Athynae: Prophecy? Well… Visions, yes… but….

Athlain: And the only time I am prone is after she hits me. And then my vision is blurred.

Athynae: Your vision is always blurred.

Athlain: Only because of you always hitting me!

Athynae: It has nothing to do with my “waking” of your brain. You are an officer in the Legion, so stop complaining about my little love taps.

Athlain: Yes dear.

Athynae: Else they'll all think you are a scaredy cat.

Athlain: Whatever you say- dear.

Athynae: Would you please stop saying that? You sound like my father. Agree with me or don't. But "yes dear" isn't an appropriate response.

Athlain: Sorry dear. I will make a note.

Athynae: Would you like me to paint it on your forehead backwards, so you can read it in your reflection?

Athlain: (Silence)

Athynae: Right. That’s what I thought. Next question?

Would you be interested in a sequel if your author is so inclined?

Athynae: Well…

Athlain: He will be lucky if he lives long enough to finish this one.

Athynae: I think next time I would prefer to have more control over the story. Maybe I will be the main character next time. Athlain -hush. You aren't going to hurt him.

Athlain: OH -because you intend to "work closely" with the writer? I SEE how it is!

Athynae: Just sit still. ATHLAIN, DON"T MAKE ME KNOCK YOU OUT SO WE CAN FINISH THIS INTERVIEW! And anyway, it is just writing.

Athlain: And DREAMS.

Athynae: It is the same as commissioning a painting.

Athlain: And ROMANCE.

Athynae: WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ROMANCE?!

Athlain: (Choking on the words). A- painting? What kind of "painting?" And who painted it?

Athynae: OH FOR AZURA’S SAKE! Can you hear yourself? Really?

Athlain: It wasn't one of those.... those...

Athynae: Athlain, you are making a fool of yourself in front of this nice man.

Athlain: “Colovian postcard” paintings, was it?

Athynae: (whispers) For all the world to read. And I haven't had a painting done. It was just an example. And what exactly is a “Colovian postcard” and how do you know about them?

Athlain: Oh, well- perhaps we could just... leave that last part out?

Athynae: It makes you look far more foolish than I. And since you make it a habit to do foolish things already..... Yes. Let's just leave that last part out. Or edit it to our satisfaction. That will not be a problem, will it?

Of course not.

Athynae: Just send me the finished product before publication, and I'll approve it before it's sent to print.

Yes, Mistress Sarethi

Athynae: Thank you. That's how our author and I work. It's just easier that way. Athlain, stop looking at me like that. You don't scare me. And take your hand off of that mace before I take it away from you. If you hurt our writer, your story will never be finished.

Athlain: (Muttered) Paintings…

Athynae: THERE IS NO PAINTING! And even if there was, it would be of me in my white fur armor.

Athlain: Oh- well. That would be different.

Athynae: Yes, I would say so. Can we continue now? If Athlain is quite finished muttering and glowering?

Yes, of course. Let me look over my notes… Ah. If you could have a superpower or special ability, what would it be?

Athlain: Oh definitely an iron jaw (sidles away from a suddenly-thrown elbow). Also steel ribs. And maybe a way to shield my thoughts….

Athynae: I would like to be able to bring the dead back to life. And I am going to need that ability in about 5 minutes- right after this interview is over.

Is there anything either of you would like to add? Anything you might want to say to one another?

Athlain: Well- I do wish she wouldn’t treat me as if I am stupid all the time. And I might mention that I got hit less frequently during Legion training than I have since being betrothed to her.

Athynae: I only observe your normal reaction to things. You charge in like a blind-folded guar and expect me to not get frustrated with you. As for the “hitting,” that seems to be the only way to get your attention- DEAR.

Athlain: I am an OFFICER of the Legion!

Athynae: And WHAT does that mean? Did that PROMOTION automatically make you smarter?

Athlain: Of course- you would pretend that you don't know!

Athynae: YOU DID PASS BY ME- TWICE! And –WHAT is it that I am “pretending I don’t know?” That you seem to think just because you wear an officer’s uniform that you can't DIE?!"

Athlain: That again? Really? (Rest of answer unintelligible muttering).

Athynae: IF you are going to say something, you really ought to say it so everyone can hear, not just ME!

Athlain: Fine!

Athynae: FINE! (Rises and stomps off). OHHHH! (Door slams).

Here the interview ended.

A Note from the Interviewer:

I did not send the interview to Miss Sarethi prior to printing it, as I felt the readers of this particular interview would like to see the 'real' Athlain Treyson and Athynae Sarethi. I have booked passage on the next ship to sail...anonymously. I do hope you enjoy what will be my last published article, as my life is quite precious to me.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jul 30 2011, 03:37 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

AhHAHAHAHA!

Great interview you guys!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 30 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Quite the appropriate use of the F word! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Helena
post Jul 30 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #17

Agent

Hee, I love these. Here's my character:

Character: Ada Ventura
Genre/Setting: Morrowind

I'm Ada Ventura - Nerevarine, Blades agent, Knight of the Imperial Dragon, and current head of House Redoran on Vvardenfell. Yeah, don't ask.

Funny story. Apparently I was originally supposed to save Cyrodiil from a Daedra invasion or some such, and become Champion of Cyrodiil. But she decided I'd be better off in Morrowind, tramping around ashy wastelands and getting called "n'wah" all the time. Thanks, author.

Actually, Hasphat Antabolis already told me he was writing a book about my adventures. It's going to be called 'Life and Times of the Nerevarine'. I'd question whether I really need a biography at the age of 24, but hey, I'm not complaining.

I enjoy the sex scenes with Varvur, even if they do tend to be the 'fade to black' type. You can't have everything, I guess. Some of the dialogue exchanges are quite fun as well, especially when I'm getting the best of them.

Are you kidding? I've long since given up trying to persuade her to write anything at all. I mean, if I had my way, I'd spend my time lying around on a silken couch with hunky Nord guys feeding me grapes - not running around the countryside being stabbed, poisoned and blasted with magic by psychotic Minions of Evil.

Gods, no. I dread to think what kind of crazy scenes she'd come up with.

Yes, with the lovely Varvur. My author tells me that if I'm 'very good', she might let us get married eventually. I swear, that woman is worse than Azura at times.

Yeah, I don't think I'd really fit into any other genre. For instance, I'm too smart for horror movies and not pretty enough for a Regency Romance.

She's already writing one. She's been a bit slow about it lately, though. I need to give her a bit of a prod - it's high time I got on with kicking Helseth's a**e.

Most of the things I can think of are already possible with magic. Telepathy might be fun, I guess? On second thoughts, maybe not - there are times when you really don't want to know what your companions are thinking.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jul 31 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Figured I would do one more. Penehipumon has been rattling around in my brain a bit lately for some odd reason.

Character: Penehipumon "Pene" for short; pronounced: "Pain-uh"
Genre/Setting: Morrowind,Main Character Sidekick.

Hard to give for an immortal being that has been around for thousands of your years. But I suppose I am a typical 'monster' that your typical adventurer encounters in dungeons. I just have the distinction of being considered quite attractive, which typically allows me to drain the life essence from males...and a few females. I am the Daedra Seducer known as Penehipumon, not to be confused with the Mazken or 'Dark Seducers' from Sheogoraths realm if you please. We are a quite separate group of peoples.

Hmm. I suppose it was in 'Dark Messiah, Might and Magic" followed by a research into the Succubi of legend, upon which both Xana and Daedra Seducers are based upon. I have the distinction of also not being created within the Morrowindscape, but within my creators head, when he realized I would be the perfect companion for Sethyas.

Such things are trivial concerns at best. Even your books will fade in time. But I suppose I am flattered for what it's worth.

Well. I enjoy the thrill of victory, as do all beings. When you live forever, you are also cursed with boredom. So any of those things, among others that can capture my interest I suppose you could call my 'favorite'.

Right now I enjoy playing headgames with my...'Master'.

YOU HAVE A MASTER?
Well. To be honest it was a deal made to save me from an existence of eternal pain and torture at the hands of Molag Bal. The Lords of Misrule have eternal memories, and failure and disobedience are rewarded thusly. So I pledged a hundred years of service to Sethyas Velas for destroying my ties to Molag Bal's sphere, and essentially making Velas my sphere. After which I will be free to roam as I please.

IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ANY SPHERE OF THE DAEDRA PRINCES, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Hmmm. An interesting question. As a matter of taste, I enjoy the way Mephala gets things done. Behind the scenes, with guile. Of all the Daedra Princes, she is the one most entertained, ever playing her game, spinning her webs. It just so happens Master Velas is more or less bound to her sphere through his thoughts and actions, I daresay that Mephala herself considers him to be a favorite game-piece. But still a game-piece.

And as you mortals say, the acorn does not fall far from the tree? So Azura is definitely a runner-up in that department. You mortals think she is so beautiful and wise. You also have another saying: Every rose has its thorn.

(Laughs slightly) I assure you, I eventually get my way in all things. I have the benefit of patience and practice to do so.

Hmm...daydreams perhaps. He is not very remembering or concerned of his dreams, so even if I did, I doubt he would remember.

In your mortal terms? No. I do not think such things truly interest a Daedra. We do not rely on reproduction for the continuation of our species, yet we are aggressively social, and seek the protection of more powerful masters, such as the Daedra Princes.

Although, I do confess a slight affection for my 'Master' Sethyas. For a mortal he is both interesting and seems unconcerned with his role in my life, more or less treating me as an equal. Which is strange coming from a being that my kind considers inferior. Unique, certainly, but still inferior.

IS THAT TO SAY YOU DON"T FIND THE IDEA OF AFFECTION, PHYSICAL OR OTHERWISE, APPEALING?
Hmm. I am still a woman, so certainly, compliments and the like are still appreciated. I am a vain creature, I do confess, whatever form I may choose, I would wish too look my best.

But I suppose you are asking me if I have ever slept with a human, or if I enjoy it, or if I am even capable of it. The answer to all three is yes. But, again, it is different for the Daedra. It is not a...cultural? upbringing if you will, nor is it something we are either motivated by, or actively seek. When I did 'mate' with a human, it was done out of curiosity, and once my curiosity was sated, I drained him of his essence, which I found equally as thrilling.

However this new mortal companionship...it is a new experience for me, and as such, it is something different, therefore exciting, while it lasts.

Quite.

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE FUTURE?
Well. To be honest, Nirn is as varied and colorful as Oblivion is, perhaps moreso with so many cultures that have come and gone. To see this, the Grand et'Ada experiment with its constant ebb and tide in different eyes, as a Participant, has been a quite welcome distraction. I think I would like to see and learn more of this world.

If he does not turn out particularly boring, perhaps I will continue my adventures with Master Velas, whom as I understand it, as long as he does not suffer a mortal wound, will walk the Mundus untouched by the ravages of age or illness. I think he would make an excellent Daedra.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!
Oh no, thank you for taking an interest. It is both flattering and entertaining.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 31 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

I have been remiss for not noting previously how much I have enjoyed all of these interviews.

First- special thanks to BH for starting the thread and for giving us insight into how Seth sees himself. And even more for letting us hear from Pene… Although, on second thought, perhaps offering my compliments to a Daedra is not the best idea.

Grif11- Here is hoping we will see more of “The Eagle” soon. I have been quite taken with your descriptions and characterization, especially as I have not played the New Vegas add-on… yet.

Grits- This had me laughing from the immortal “I’m Jerric” all the way to the “Are you going to finish that sandwich?” It so perfectly captures the person who has come alive with your words.

Haute- The rather plaintive comment that Julian would love for her life to be “dull” again is such a perfect summation of her experiences. LBMQ? Really? Woo Hoo! (Slow, arthritic) dachshund dance. And the last answer was so perfect that I could hear Julian’s wry tone.

Jacki- Naturally, I swiped the brilliant idea for a “dual interview.” The dynamic is just so wonderful. And getting to hear Wrothken and Lilitu’s views on their experiences is equally enjoyable.

Hazmick- “rock hard Argonian abs”? ROFL- as mALX would say. Please, please, please bring this wry, witty, bibliophile lizard mage back to us soon.

Acadian- Simply beautiful. Which is no surprise, coming from the person who has given us such insight into dear Buffy.

Destri- The byplay in your interview rather inspired me to steal that concept. Of course, Athynae had no need to steal- she was just “being herself.” Athlain is a bit more of a plodder though, so he needed the help. And the question of just how “friendly” Alain and Valdemar have become… LMAO. Loved every bit of it, though I may have trouble looking at some of the characters without laughing now…

Saqin- Loved the way Sa’Quira just takes over and leaps off of the page. (An interesting approach for someone who seems to think that “hiding” is her best tactic.)

Captain Hammer- Awtwyr… playing the… pipes? (Choke. Sputter.) Absolutely loved his insight into the challenges of romance. And Athlain (and especially Athynae) are jumping up and down and cheering regarding Awtwyr’s difficulties in making his “scribe” get on with the story.

Helena- Yes, I definitely recognize Ada’s voice in this one. The only place I would quibble with her is describing herself as “not pretty enough” for a romance. However, I much prefer seeing her using her wit and strength, so that is only a minor quibble.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Helena
post Jul 31 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #20

Agent

QUOTE(treydog @ Jul 31 2011, 03:58 PM) *
Helena- Yes, I definitely recognize Ada’s voice in this one. The only place I would quibble with her is describing herself as “not pretty enough” for a romance. However, I much prefer seeing her using her wit and strength, so that is only a minor quibble.

Bear in mind that she's a lot prettier in the screenshots than she's really supposed to be. Most of the face mods for Morrowind use pictures of models and/or celebrities, so it's actually pretty hard to find heads that are just 'average-looking'. It took me forever to find one that even vaguely fitted my idea of Ada.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:25 AM