Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New Comp Incoming - Hoping for Suggestions
ArtemisNoir
post Mar 18 2015, 02:34 AM
Post #1

Evoker

After quietly squirrelling away cash, where possible, over the last year or so I'm finally in the position where I'm able to replace my aged machine. I have run this thing for around 8 years, and while it has been great.. it is time to put it out to pasture. So... within the next few days I am going to be ordering shiny, new, modern components, including a 980 card, an SSD for my OS and 16 GB RAM..... biggrin.gif This should be quite the experience.. right now I have a "whopping" 2 GB RAM and a 550 TI on a dual core (actually the 550 extended this computer's lifespan by a good 2 or so years, it's been excellent).

Anyway... please excuse the blather... I'm just kind of excited. cool.gif
The actual point of this thread is that I plan to do a substantial modding job on Oblivion in terms of visuals; I don't typically focus on eye candy all that much when I play games, but since I will be able to, hey.. why not? So.. I'm hoping people might be able to make some recommendations in terms of texture packs, ENBs and all those tasty items. I have browsed through Nexus to a fair degree, but personal suggestions are always great.

Note, I already do use Unique Landscapes and a reduced version of Qarl's pack, but that is about as much as my poor beast can handle on top of OOO and a large number of other mods. I'm sort of amazed it is as stable as it is... Also, while I wouldn't describe myself as being extremely hardcore about lore, I do generally prefer mods that feel as though they could have been packaged with the vanilla game.

Cheers for any advice! smile.gif

This post has been edited by ArtemisNoir2: Mar 18 2015, 02:50 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:04 PM