Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hunter Or The Hunted?
The Wolf
post Sep 30 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Agent

Hecerilar, the altmer hunter, sat on a bar stool. He was in a bar called 'Broken Sword', in western parts of Skyrim. It had been tough to get there, but he had finally made it. He was here to hunt the wolves.

Suddenly he realized, that he was surrounded by nords. As he sipped his mead, one of them spoke.

"What's this 'ere, a lonely elf in the land of frost? Feeling a bit... chilly, eh?" First the nord seemed offencive, but then, suddenly, he smiled warmly, and patted the altmer's back.

"Sorry about that." Quick exchange of glances between the nords. "You look like a good huntsman. Have you heard of the great Snow Wolf that lurks up the hills? We've seen sometimes it's tracks, which are huge, but we haven't found it nor seen it."

There was something strange going on here, Hecerilar knew, but he already could picture the beast's pelt as his helmet. It was far too great temptetion for him. He remained silent.

"Afraid, elf?" the nord mocked. "Don't go, elf." He whispered that, suddenly looking him with a strange look in his eyes. Was it pity, remorse? "Some others have done that, but have never returned."

Hecerilar just laughed.

To Be Continued.....

--------------------
user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aki
post Oct 1 2005, 12:54 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Sounds interesting...

The descritpion of the wolf makes me think of the legendary 'Ondjage' froim Bloodmoon, who is said to be as big as a Ox.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Oct 1 2005, 07:12 AM
Post #3

Agent

Night was starting to fall. The last rays of sunlight lighted the hills ahead of him. His breath came out as big white clouds, as Hecerilar started to jog forward. Frost draw it's pictures to the hunter's clothes.

Finally he found some tracks. They looked like ones left by wolf's paw, but there were something strange about them. First of all, they were huge.

But as he studied them closely, he shivered. Now he noticed the thing that had bothered him in the first place. The beast that had left those tracks, was not walking with four paws. It had runned with two.

And he realized, that one thing had changed. He was no longer the hunter, but the hunted.

For those tracks could've been left only by one creature... A werewolf.

To Be Continued...

This post has been edited by The Wolf: Oct 1 2005, 01:12 PM

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Oct 2 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #4

Agent

I am certainly NOT gonna post the ending before at least someone makes a comment.... Does it suck so bad?

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 2 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #5

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Heey man!...Please be patient....there are so many stories running at the time being, so it take some time to get comments...But don´t give up just continue posting..

Your story is very promising, though you might consider to make longer installments...but please feel encouraged to continue by all means...

I´ll give you one of these: goodjob.gif and a cake.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Oct 3 2005, 05:31 AM
Post #6

Agent

QUOTE(minque @ Oct 2 2005, 08:22 PM)
Heey man!...Please be patient....there are so many stories running at the time being, so it take some time to get comments...But don´t give up just continue posting..

Your story is very promising, though you might consider to make longer installments...but please feel encouraged to continue by all means...

I´ll give you one of these: goodjob.gif and a  cake.gif

Yes, yes, I was just trying to figure out whether anyone has even read this. Back to writing then...

EDIT: And by the way, I meant the story to be told in small pieces, but I think I'll try to write a longer installment when I have time. (the next one won't be long though, sorry about that)

And perhaps, in the end, I'll gather the story up and write it down in one piece.

This post has been edited by The Wolf: Oct 3 2005, 06:05 AM

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Oct 3 2005, 06:03 AM
Post #7

Agent

Hecerilar got up, and took last long look at the track. He stared into the darkness, face expressionless. He calculated his chances. He had a bow, some iron arrows and a steel shortsword. No silver with him, except a few jewelry. He swore silently. This was not his fight. He turned back to the route he had come.

Suddenly, a lone howl erupted from the woods in front of him. His eyes went wide, and his nostrils flared.

A second howl, this time from his left. Then a third howl joined the choir from his right side. This wasn't just a lone werewolf. Then it became silent. And then, at least dozen howls filled the night. There was only one direction to go to. The tracks of the werewolf...

He started to run.

I'm just tired to write the To Be Continued... all the time, so I won't write it from now on. I think you'll notice when the story ends.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Oct 4 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #8

Agent

Hecerilar, the altmer hunter, sat on a bar stool. He was in a bar called 'Broken Sword', in western parts of Skyrim. It had been tough to get there, but he had finally made it. He was here to hunt the wolves.

Suddenly he realized, that he was surrounded by nords. As he sipped his mead, one of them spoke.

"What's this 'ere, a lonely elf in the land of frost? Feeling a bit... chilly, eh?" First the nord seemed offencive, but then, suddenly, he smiled warmly, and patted the altmer's back.

"Sorry about that." Quick exchange of glances between the nords. "You look like a good huntsman. Have you heard of the great Snow Wolf that lurks up the hills? We've seen sometimes it's tracks, which are huge, but we haven't found it nor seen it."

There was something strange going on here, Hecerilar knew, but he already could picture the beast's pelt as his helmet. It was far too great temptetion for him. He remained silent.

"Afraid, elf?" the nord mocked. "Don't go, elf." He whispered that, suddenly looking him with a strange look in his eyes. Was it pity, remorse? "Some others have done that, but have never returned."

Hecerilar just laughed, gulped his drink down and entered the woods.

Night was starting to fall. The last rays of sunlight lighted the hills ahead of him. His breath came out as big white clouds, as Hecerilar started to jog forward. Frost draw it's pictures to the hunter's clothes.

Finally he found some tracks. They looked like ones left by wolf's paw, but there were something strange about them. First of all, they were huge.

But as he studied them closely, he shivered. Now he noticed the thing that had bothered him in the first place. The beast that had left those tracks, was not walking with four paws. It had runned with two.

And he realized, that one thing had changed. He was no longer the hunter, but the hunted.

For those tracks could've been left only by one creature... A werewolf.

Hecerilar got up, and took last long look at the track. He stared into the darkness, face expressionless. He calculated his chances. He had a bow, some iron arrows and a steel shortsword. No silver with him, except a few jewelry. He swore silently. This was not his fight. He turned back to the route he had come.

Suddenly, a lone howl erupted from the woods in front of him. His eyes went wide, and his nostrils flared.

A second howl, this time from his left. Then a third howl joined the choir from his right side. This wasn't just a lone werewolf. Then it became silent. And then, at least dozen howls filled the night. There was only one direction to go to. The tracks of the werewolf...

He started to run.

Here it is as in one piece. For now on, the posts won't come so often, but they will be longer. (If there's enough tale left to tell, this wasn't originally meant to be long)

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Neck' Thall
post Oct 9 2005, 06:21 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

Nice story man. I bet that the nords are the werewolves and they were trying to warn him before they were forced to kill him in thier wolf form.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aki
post Oct 9 2005, 08:03 AM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

I need to pay more attention to the fan-fiction forum, lookin' good. cool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 9 2005, 12:09 PM
Post #11

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 9 2005, 09:03 AM)
I need to pay more attention to the fan-fiction forum, lookin' good.  cool.gif

Yes Aki! please do.....there are some really good stuff here....such as this story f.ex! cake.gif goodjob.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Oct 9 2005, 01:40 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Very good... Werewolf tales are always nice biggrin.gif Good and easy discription of the actions, tho I wish there could be more text in your updates smile.gif

I really like how its turning out now with the howls and werewolf track... cool.gif
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Oct 11 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

An interesting story. The idea of an Altmer hunter goes against convention (at least, what we usually see in the game), but that gives the story the potential to be quite unique. An Altmer with knowledge of werewolves is probably even more rare than an Altmer hunter; perhaps we'll get to learn how he came to this knowledge? So far, this story has been excellent; I'll certainly be looking forward to future updates.
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Oct 12 2005, 07:04 AM
Post #14

Agent

He ran, until he tripped over a tree root. Then Hecerilar sobbed, and tried to get up. He couldn't. He was too exhausted, too cold, too terrified. The howls started to close. He started to crawl forward, too scared to just stay there.

Then the howling stopped. They were close enough to attack, and kill. No reason to give up their whereabouts.

He lay down and tried to be as small and as silent as he could. Maybe they wouldn't find him.

Not a chance. He could hear them smell the air, catching his scent. The snowy trees stood around him, silently witnessing.

The werewolf bit his arm. He screamed. Something surprisingly answered his scream. The werewolf letted his arm go, and raised it's head. Then it was decapitated by a nordic silver axe. The nord with axe and torch walked over me and the corpse. Too bad that the werewolf wasn't alone after the altmer. Hecerilar tried to get up, sobbing, and fell down again, exhausted and scared.

The horrible noises conjured memories from the past, memories he had thought he had buried long time ago. Memories he did not want to re-live. The nord screamed in agony. It reminded him of another scream, another time, time when he had been unable to help the screamer, just like now. His father. Hecerilar whimpered on the ground, possessed by his memories.

The altmer boy hided in the chest, while his mother, highborn, locked and barred the door. His father stood by the door with his claymore, the one that was too heavy to play with. He had once tried to lift it, but he hadn't been even able to get it of the table. They had known what risk they had took when they moved to the central parts of Skyrim. It was tough life for an altmer used to luxuries of cities. They had to hunt for their living, and the trader came by only once a month. They were the first colonists that had come to this area. Others were supposed to come in few weeks ago, but none had appeared. Instead, the beast that even right now scratched at the door, searching for an entrance, had come. Then the scratching stopped. They could hear it moving in the night. Suddenly it punched it's fist through the window, and tried to reach in. It was hairy, long-clawed and dirty, and suddenly detached from it's host, as the claymore came to cut it. We could hear it's whimper in the dark, outside the house. His father, his foolish, foolish and arrogant father had decided to go out and end it's life. His screams had lasted so long... Later, when morning dawned, they had went out. They had found his father, gutted like a fish, an expression of terror and pain on his face. They had fled from Skyrim, not wanting ever to return.

But now he was here again. Hecerilar went unconcious.

Not so long as I had thought, but I think I'll update faster next time (or not, I had an inspiration this morning...).

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Oct 12 2005, 06:56 PM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

A great update. I like how you've tried to tie the present to the past; I'll be waiting to see how he gets out of it this time.
+Quote Post
Aki
post Oct 12 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooh..interesting.

Wonder who that random nord was.. blink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
D7Unknown
post Oct 13 2005, 01:43 AM
Post #17

Retainer

I'm liking this story and am anxious to see what is to become of our dear altmer.

--------------------
"I fight for the ones who can't fight, and if I lose...at least I tried!" - Slipknot, Pulse Of The Maggots

Author of Tainted Race

+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Oct 13 2005, 06:17 AM
Post #18

Agent

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 13 2005, 02:50 AM)
Ooh..interesting.

Wonder who that random nord was..  blink.gif

You'll see it on the next update... I promise...

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 13 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #19

Wise Woman
Group Icon

okies....keep your promise then....and please update!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Jonajosa
post Oct 15 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #20

Evoker

QUOTE(D7Unknown @ Oct 12 2005, 08:43 PM)
I'm liking this story and am anxious to see what is to become of our dear altmer.

Exactly how I feel. Please! I must know! goodjob.gif

--------------------
America's Army. Download it and join the ranks of the many who fight aginst the people know as the enemy, or Cobra for you GI JOE fans.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:47 AM