Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 64 65 66 67 68 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post May 1 2020, 11:06 PM
Post #1301

Mouth
Group Icon

20200430 Archeology Guild meeting & shopping
You could see the top of the spires of the Crementine Temple from the hill top just north of Sage Glen Hollow. Really wanted to visit the White Wing since we were so close but with Vilja and the wolf it might be best to travel straight to Skingrad.

So up the Yellow Road we go, taking the Ring Road west toward Skingrad. Crossing the great bridge we pause a moment to take in the view of the Imperial City. The mountains in the background are stunning.

At the end of the bridge near Fort Alessia is the excavation site. We stop for a moment to find out how Tumyr is doing. The fossil excavation is progressing at slow but steady pace.

It was nearing dinnertime when we reach the Archeology Guild Hall. During dinner Sova, Norlene, Aster Cei, Domitian Verus, and the apprentices were excited to hear about how we uncovered the Ayleid teleport system in Valenwood.

Later in a meeting of the ranking Archeology Guild members, it was decided that if I would map out the teleport system (advance team muscle was the reason I was allowed to join the Archeology Guild in the first place) the Guild would send an excavation team when one comes available. That might be awhile since the Guild’s limited resources are still busy with all the spires we uncovered. So there is no rush to get it done.

(I dream of making a Lost Spires patch to give the NPCs a daily schedule to eat, sleep, and tend their stations instead of them just standing around like Morrowind vendors.)

The next morning after the morning cleansing ritual we cast Teleport Home spell to travel to our house, Rosethorn Hall in Skingrad. Eyja is happy to see us and whips up something to eat.

Then it’s off to the shops. The Sage Glen Hollow/Zrenk haul included 11 Mage/Conjurer Robes, 3 Arch-Mage Robes, 1 Astral Lord Robe, 5 Daedric Robes, 4 Guardian of Oblivion Robes, 1 Plane Summoner Robe, 1 Lesser Chameleon Robe, 3 Master Conjurer Cloaks, 1 Mythic Dawn Assassin Robe, 2 Dwemer Cuirass, 1 Elven Cuirass, 2 Clannfear Claws, 3 Corprus Weepings, 3 Golem Hearts (Ebony, Gold, Water), 1 Ghoul Heart, and 1 Ghoul Tongue.

What a shopping day it was, we racked in over 17,000 septims. Well it’s back to Rosethorn Hall for a dinner and a good night’s rest.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 2 2020, 01:34 AM
Post #1302

Paladin
Group Icon

A satisfying return and report to the Archeology Guild. Then a well-deserved trip home and a fun time turning the recent loot haul into gold. smile.gif

Though I never tried it, the Archeology Guild mod sounds fun.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post May 2 2020, 05:28 AM
Post #1303

Mouth
Group Icon

The Ayleid Steps is a very good quest mod. It's in my top ten mod list. Years ago I added The Lost Spires to my game just for the Archeology Guild Hall. Never really did anything with it, just enough to be accepted as guild member. I didn't know what to expect as Jandaga explored the different spires. Turns out it is more than just a dungeon dive. Many of the mysteries Jandaga uncovered blended into his story so easily it almost felt like the mod was made just for him.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 3 2020, 05:39 PM
Post #1304

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes that does sound neat. Fossil excavations. Ayleid fast-travel to Valenwood. One of these days I'll try Lost Spires. I've been hearing about it for ages.

Shopping days are sometimes really fun, right? wub.gif I guess it depends on the character. Some of mine get grumpy about them, especially if one of them is trying to locate some items (like Fortify Speech potions) which are hard-to-find, but needed to finish some meager quest. Usually the sort of person who's not very good at persuading is the sort of person who'd rather not speak to some uppity, hard-to-convince NPC anyway. mad.gif

Ahem. Mostly though, shopping days are fun. Especially in Oblivion.

As we last saw, Kahreem (aka 'the Redguard') managed to steal a horse, after playing a child's game selecting one out of three steeds. He chose an Imperial Legion horse. At the time, it had been raining for about a half-hour, and this caused everyone, all the vineyard workers, even the guards, to go back into Skingrad. Everyone goes inside except poor Tilmo, the stablehand. sad.gif

-------------------------------------------------

Fredas, 12:26 pm, Sun's Height 26, 3rd Era 434

Days Passed: 334
Current Bounty: 250

IPB Image

"Somebody 'elp! Come quickly! We've got a burg-u-lar!!!"

The Redguard goes rigid. "Hey, this isn't your horse. What do you care?"

But it's no use arguing. Time to roam! The Redguard knows he's got only a few smidgeons before one of the guards burst from the gates of Skingrad! .. Tilmo himself puts up a good run. Chases the Redguard for as long as he can, suddenly devoted to what amounts to a soldier's task. But he quickly falls behind. By the time the Redguard slows and turns a one-eighty, he's passing by that odd area, where tomatoes of an actual vintage can be harvested. Tilmo the stablehand is nowhere to be seen.

Not that this is any sort of long-term consolation.

IPB Image

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM."

"Ahhh no." The horse-thief palms his face.

"Nobody breaks the law on MY watch!"

"Nobody does? Are you sure?"

"I'm taking your stolen goods. Now it's off ta jail with ya!"

"See, that all depends on logics, sister. Because if you do your maths, read, maths, you'd find it unlogical that all your comments so far have any ring of truth to them. We can't have hundreds of people hunting, you know."

The guard blinks.

"Your first claim: 'nobody breaks the law on my watch.' Well that's a fallacy, sir. An un-truth. For I am about to do so. Break the law on your watch, that is."

The guard glowers.

"Your second claim, that you'll 'take my stolen goods.' You've got a couple problems there, sir. Especially since Imperial provisions require you to dismount your horse, while I'll be able to scoot right away at full gallop."

That's the last straw, of course. Completely angered now, the guard roars: "They PAY with your blood, thief!"

Again, the Redguard accelerates his new horse, much faster than any guard bogged down with shiny armor can handle. Derelict Mine rushes by. His steed clops up the hill. Banks sharply left. White Gold Tower pops into view for a moment, but then is obscured by trees. An Ayleld well appears to his right.

But there's also a bear now, straight ahead.

Over the past few months, as the Oblivion Crisis continued, ghastly gates had been springing up everywhere. This had caused a lot of wildlife normally hidden by forests to expand out of their natural boundaries. Which had caused this wildlife to do a lot of strange, unnatural things; like stray far from their dens, and wind up blocking 'safe' areas like roads and pastures. Bottom line: The Redguard has a choice now, to continue toward the Great Forest, causing the bear to give chase, or turn around, luring the bear with him. Back toward the guard.

He lures the bear back to the guard! But not the same guard.

IPB Image

"STOP!" yells an Imperial Legion Soldier. A different man than initially seen.

The Redguard rides around in confusing circles, trying to get the soldier and bear to attack one another. But apparently, these two opponents had formed some sort of pact. Maybe the guard had fed the scruffy, oversized creature a piece of venison earlier that morning, befriending it. Maybe the guard had somehow raised this bear himself, somewhere behind the safety of Skingrad's walls.

Eventually, the Redguard's horse begins to tire. He finds a large boulder to jump it upon, where neither the guard nor the bear can reach. The horse's hooves scramble for traction at first, but eventually the Redguard finds a spot where it can safely climb.

"Fokke!"

Despite all this, neither opponent attacks the other. They merely stand below. The guard, swinging his expensive silver sword, the bear, swatting its brown paws. Both are enraged. They can't reach the Redguard on his stolen horse! But they also ... do not attack each other.

"What'd you do? Feed it some venison? Venisons can be hard to catch in these woods, I understand." The Redguard calmly lights his torch.

"You'll PAY FOR THIS!" shouts the guard from below, completely enraged.

"You really think so? Are you quite, logically sure about that?"

The Redguard reaches into his nightsack, and uncorks a bottle of Cheap Wine. The rain? It continues to fall.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 6 2020, 03:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 3 2020, 06:00 PM
Post #1305

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I just love this rollinglaugh.gif

A classic Kahreem episode! We have a stolen horse, some cheap wine and even an alliance between a guard and a bear! What more could you want?

Oh, yeah; rain biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 3 2020, 07:51 PM
Post #1306

Paladin
Group Icon

What the Crow said. ^

The madcap misadventures of the Weet Bandit. Clever to lure the bear back to the Legion Rider. How could Kahreem possibly know that the bear was in league with the Legion? Well, we'll see if Kahreem and his cheap wine or the angry duo on the ground have more patience. Let's just hope the Legion Rider doesn't send the bear off to get archer reinforcements. ohmy.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post May 3 2020, 08:32 PM
Post #1307

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh for a swig of cheap wine and a fast horse. Boonesfarm or Ripple, don't matter. Great fun reading.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post May 5 2020, 05:11 AM
Post #1308

Mouth
Group Icon

20200503 Vilja-A Melting Heart, I-SL Mortals & Daedra
After the morning ritual and a good breakfast Vilja now that her shopping urge has been satisfied wants to find the Breton’s girlfriend.

We found Briscilla Baurard staying at Two Sisters Lodge. Briscilla, though saddened upon hearing the fate of Carleon Corneir it became evident that she wasn’t the girlfriend Carleon thought she was. Briscilla was indeed intending to return the ring to Carleon.

That made it easy for her to give us the ring when it was explained that the ring rightfully belonged to Terje. Now all we have to do is return Terje his wedding ring and pay for the wolf.

We packed our bags and left for Anvil.

As we approached Kvatch we remembered (actually Pym grabbed my arm and with a stern look pointed north) we needed to deliver a cure potion to Leshruzay, a Xivilai that suffered from Order Taint. Pym is right, Llendarion’s farmhouse located near Shetcombe Farm is not too far out of the way and we should deliver the potion as soon as possible.

Llendarion and Leshruzay were glad to see us arrive with a cure for Leshruzay’s affliction. I was expecting a lot of grief over taking so long but they seemed to be very understanding.

Finding Leshruzay downstairs we gave her the potion and instructed her to, “Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em all up.”

Lesh gave me a "Do what?" look but the big Xivilai drank the bitter brew in one big gulp. Then she listened intently as we read her the behavior modification instructions. Even though she didn’t understand why the need for the behavior modifications, she resolved to follow them to the letter.

To show her gratitude Leshrazay gave me a Void Amulet. Asking her if she’d consider joining the Stranded Light, Leshrazay declined the offer. She explained that she’d rather stay here with her Llendarion than get involved in some worldly cause.

That’s fine. We spent some time chatting about Leshrazay’s paintings before taking our leave. Wishing the two of them well we left for Anvil.

Llendarion and Leshruzay, there's one odd couple for you.

Now that that’s done it didn’t take Vilja long before she’s going on and on about going to Anvil to see Terje about the wolf.

Oh well, there’s still enough time in the day that we could reach Anvil by mid-night if we get a move on.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 5 2020, 07:51 PM
Post #1309

Paladin
Group Icon

Haha, I figured Vilja would let you know she was not happy dawdling for a side trip while doing one of her quests.

Wow, Leshruzay looks like she could rather put out some hurt.

And on to Anvil!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post May 5 2020, 09:16 PM
Post #1310

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 5 2020, 01:51 PM) *

Haha, I figured Vilja would let you know she was not happy dawdling for a side trip while doing one of her quests.

Wow, Leshruzay looks like she could rather put out some hurt.

Love her or hate her, that's the way Vilja is.

If there is one detraction for Integration - The Stranded Light it would have to be the faces. They definitely are not pretty. OCOv2 does help but the faces were so bad to begin with it still takes some getting used to.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post May 7 2020, 07:00 AM
Post #1311

Mouth
Group Icon

20200506 Vilja-A Melting Heart, Gweden, a lecture
It was late when we arrived at Benirus Manor. Elenya was more than a little angry at me for leaving her behind, while I skip-dee-doo-dahed my way through the Valenwood Islands, Valenwood, and Southern Elswyer. I spent the night at the Mages Guild where it was safe.

Early in the morning we went searching for Terje. Found him at the Flowing Bowl. Terje was so glad to get his wedding ring back he gave us the wolf for free. Of course Vilja now wants to go straight away to Bruma.

Since we’re so close let’s stop by and see how Gweden Farm is doing. Tsarrina wants more room, an addition to the basement. We head back to Anvil to make arrangements. We find Newheim the Portly to do the job.

The basement addition taken care of we walk along the wharf toward the lighthouse. A new inn has opened up at the end of the wharf, the Black Flag Tavern (BetterCities). Well, you know how it goes; stop in for a couple drinks and end up spending the night.

The tavern wrench, Melisar Casta strikes up a conversation which leads to her admitting her admiration of a rumored all-female gang operating in the area. When I told her that we took care of Signy and Faustina, Melisar jumped up off my lap shouting about lack of equal opportunities. She stormed off in a huff mumbling something about starting her own gang. Best of luck and don’t let me catch you, was all I could say.

It was a dreary morning when we left the Black Flag Tavern and began our journey to Bruma. The day didn’t get any better as we walked along in silence. Soon I was deep in thought over the success or lack thereof of my quest. Life as the Champion of Cyrodiil just wasn't what I expected. Everyone is still sending me on fetch quests. I was feeling a bit melancholy when our path took us within sight of Lord Drad’s Estate.

Reminded of Malacath’s quest I mumbled aloud to myself, “Why should I concern myself with freeing Ogres?”

“You are the JaanDaga, Life’s Dagger, the dagger who protects the life of the Kin”, Maeva lectured.

The formal pronunciation struck me like a slap in the face. “But Ogres are not my kin! My family is lost.”

“Tlaloc Hopopchaac, The Lighter of the Heavens shares his light with all who walk beneath the stars.” Maeva continued with her lecturing.

“But I’m not…”

“And never will be if you don’t get it together!” Kaleah put her foot down and that was that. Looking down at the talons protruding from her Blacksilverlight boots Kaleah finished with, “See what you made me do!”

Spent the rest of the night repairing arms and armor.

This post has been edited by macole: May 7 2020, 07:05 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 7 2020, 04:27 PM
Post #1312

Councilor
Group Icon

Good lord. If that's what she does when Jandaga leaves her behind, I'd hate to see what happens if he leaves the seat up. indifferent.gif Oh wait..

Nice, so your Gweden Farm is functional post-quest? Very nice.

Ha ha are you making fun of the Better Cities quest-railroading syndrome? Has happened to mine a few times...

Thanks you all.... the Weet Bandit lives on. I promise I'll try to get him closer to the Waterfront next update. emot-ninja1.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 7 2020, 04:38 PM
Post #1313

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 7 2020, 11:27 AM) *

Nice, so your Gweden Farm is functional post-quest? Very nice.

I think my mod is in use here.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 7 2020, 05:45 PM
Post #1314

Paladin
Group Icon

Macole, I imagine that sometimes your Champion of Cyrodiil wishes that he adventured solo. wink.gif

Though I didn't use it, I remember that ghastley was quite active with his Gweden Farm mod. His character Clark told us quite a bit about it in his fanfic story.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post May 7 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #1315

Mouth
Group Icon

Renee & ghastly: Yep it’s Gweden Brothel. With the increased Imperial Legion traffic we’re going to have to repave the road soon.
Acadian: Sometimes I think of changing his name to Lackey; The Eternal Lackey, The Lackey of Daggerfall, The Lackeyvarine, Lackey of Cyrodill, and latest Lackeyborne.

A little background in case you haven’t figured it out yet.
A hint: the first line in my posts contains the date I filed it and a brief description of the featured mods that I think most important. Hopefully this will aid me in remembering my adventure years from now.

The adventure originally started in October 2017 was to be a simple play through of a few quest mods that I always load but have never completed has turned out to be a great adventure. The Jandaga has learnt a great deal about himself while I have learned I may not complete the task.

So the progress so far is;
1. Adense_Epic_Dungeon: complete - Daedra Princeses Vaermina and Malacath at war plus a great dungeon romp what more can you ask for. In the end Vaermina expresses her amazement that a mortal such as I was able to survive. A hint that Jandaga really is more than what he appears.
2. thelostspiresvv1.4: complete - A lost deity, a strange race of ethereal warlocks, and a murder mystery all rolled up in one. The Lost Spires takes us to the lost shrine of the goddess Luminai. Jandaga believes the shrine is older than the Ayleids. Could Luminai be an abandoned faerie goddess adopted by the Ayleids? The evil warlocks, could be a sylphim race of priests dedicated to serving Luminai. Without Luminai’s presence the warlocks became corrupted by the Twisted Evil. With the defeat of the twisted evil Jandaga takes Luminai as his Sylphim goddess, even though in her weakened state she fled from the final battle.
3. HentaiMania2: complete – Dungeon after dungeon of Eastern warrior women, giant monohorned orcs, bloody succubae, demon lords, beautiful winged fallen angels, and the White Wing a mysterious artifact of great power coveted by all. Is this fantasy heaven? Well almost, there are a few minor annoyances. In the end the Jandaga suspects that Lilia the White Wing is a child of the Sygriad. Could she really be one of the godlike faeries mentioned in the book The Faerie? Will she grow to command a host of Sylphim? To give her every opportunity to do so the Jandaga and his Ladies lay down their arms and pledge their service and protection.
4. Cave_of_Wishcraft: complete: - A fun little quest. This shorty is more in-line with what I think Sheo is all about rather than what the SI expansion is.
5. Vampire Hunting – Order of the Virtuous Blood – completed Kendrel’s quest. Recruited patrons. Gone to Morrowind. Cleared a couple vampire clans.
6. Rumple – deliver schnapps to Norasa, Claudia got her bear
7. GwedenBrothel: recruited Virgilia, Darwen, Selena, Maeva the Buxom; expanded farmhouse basement
8. The Ayleid Steps – discovered the hidden room, turned on the step grid
9. Kvatch_Rebuilt – stuck at getting workers from Skingrad
10. Midas_Magic_Spells_Of_Aurum:
11. Valenwood Islands: complete – Completed the Wild Side ending. Came home with a fantastic houseboat and a nasty vampire bug. There are multiple endings for replay value.
12. Valenwood Improved – explored NW shore, central road south, to Haven, Discovered an Ayleid transportation system
13. Elsweyr Anequina: explored the land, but there are things yet to do.

QUOTE(Renee @ May 7 2020, 10:27 AM) *

Ha ha are you making fun of the Better Cities quest-railroading syndrome? Has happened to mine a few times...

Hehe, It's like in RL; go to a bar have a drink have another start talking to everyone you know and don't know, karaoke starts so you have to sing, and then pretty soon you're left sitting there staring at the Arena poster (Posters Diversified mod). Might as well rent a room and call it a day

This post has been edited by macole: May 7 2020, 09:48 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post May 11 2020, 11:08 PM
Post #1316

Mouth
Group Icon

20200511 Lord Drad
In the morning with Kaleah prancing around in her repaired and freshly burnished Dark Silverlight solerets we went knocking on Lord Drad’s door.

Talking to Drad was a waste of time. The Dunmer refused our request to free the Ogres. As we were leaving we learned from Lady Drad that the Ogres were kept in Bleak Mine.

Entering Bleak Mine the guards gave us no choice but to fight. Bunch of fools, we would have filled their pockets with gold pieces each had they just agreed to walk away in peace. Instead they rushed us.

Strange though, as they attacked my Ladies the guards kept yelling at me “I’m on your side.”

Oh well, other than us having to carry around a ton of orcish armor what does the fate of few foolish the guards matter, the ogres are free.

As we‘re crossing the field heading to Malacath’s shrine we see the strangest sight. Ogres have taken over the estate. Ogre overseers are watching as Lord and Lady Drad work in the field.

Malacath, pleased that his ogres have turned the table on Lord Drad offers as a reward the Daedric artifact Volendrun. The gigantic powerful two-handed Dwemer warhammer is nice but not my style. I give it to Vilja to carry maybe she will use it.

Well everyone is happy now with the possible exception of Lord and Lady Drad, and the Bleak Mine guards.

Ever wonder why Malacath, one of the Dwemer's most bitter foes possess Dwemer artifacts? Hmmm, maybe Malacath has more to do with the Dwemer disappearance than we realize. No, if Malacath had pulled a fast one over the Dwemer I’m sure he’d be bragging about it.

“Mortals have no business trying to become gods. The Dwemer deserved their fate,” Kaleah answered.

Agreed. We turned our heads northeast and struck out for Chorrol.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 12 2020, 12:31 AM
Post #1317

Paladin
Group Icon

I remember that quest and quite enjoyed it. I like the ladies' observations.

Fond memories caused me to review Episode 37 of Buffy's Book 1. Perhaps others might enjoy Buffy's take on the same quest:

"Good job! No one owns ogres but ME! And I fixed that maggot! The ogres own Drad! Make Drad eat dirt!" The massive stone figure of Malacath paused to boom forth a mighty laugh that shook the nearby pines and forced my hands to my ears. "Now you get a present. Keep up the good work. And be nice to my little brothers!"

The handle of a warhammer materialized in my hands. Its massive weight immediately sought the ground, decisively taking me with it. I heard orcish laughter behind me.

"Ho! Look at that, Ghorub. Volendrung's bigger than she is."

"Yeah, look at the tiny tree elf. Got more than ya can handle there, twig?"

I blew a strand of hair from my face, glanced up at the towering shrine to Malacath and whispered, "Your little brothers are making it quite hard to be nice to them." Releasing the grounded warhammer, I rose to my feet and slowly turned to face the pair of orcs. Lifting my chin, I planted both hands on my hips. "I didn't exactly see your big green butts down at Drad's estate fighting his henchmen to free those poor enslaved ogres."

Oops.

Silence descended. The axe that was slung on one orc's hip found its way to his hand, while his comrade slid a heavy sword free of its scabbard.

Buffy, when are you going to learn when to keep your mouth shut? I glanced at Superian some thirty or so paces away. Perhaps I could cast a spell to disappear, and make it to the speedy mare's back for a getaway.

"Stop!" The powerful command came from a third orc. I had briefly met the brown-robed leader of these followers when I accepted Malacath's task. His name was Shobob gro-Rugdush, and his voice carried authority. "Mug, Ghorub, stay your weapons. She may be small, but this elf possesses something you do not - the favor of our Lord."

Dark eyes glared and upper lips curled, but the axe and blade were lowered, as Mug and Ghorub stepped back.

Shobob approached me calmly. His hands were the size of dinner plates, but they were open and empty. I gulped, but did not reach for my bow. He spoke. "Now that you've completed Malacath's task, you are welcome here - despite the protests of my youthful companions. I must confess, I did not expect to see you return, Bosmer."

"Thank you for your timely intervention," I said looking up at the orc towering above me. This is a 'little' brother of Malacath?

Shobob curled his lip slightly, but judging from his kind brown eyes I assessed the expression to be a smile. "You have earned Volendrung," he continued. "May I help you lift it into your pack?"

"I'm afraid that would merely render the pack too heavy to carry." I thought about my magic bag. Buffy, what are you going to do with a hammer you can't even lift? I stared at the massive weapon for a moment, then lifted my face to meet the orc's eyes and smiled. "Shobob, I'm touched by your chivalry and kindness. I would be deeply honored if you would carry my mighty warhammer as your own, and wield it on my behalf."

His dark eyes opened wide as he stared at me questioningly.

I nodded.

Shobob slowly removed the two handed axe from behind his shoulders. After lowering it to the ground, he effortlessly hoisted Volendrung across his broad back. When he met my gaze again, I believed his eyes were shining with moisture - although it may have just been the angle of the westering sun as it sought the Abecean Sea.

"Shobob, you are truly an orc worthy of this weapon." I shot a smug glance at his dumbstruck companions.

"I don't believe you told me your name, Bosmer."

"I am called Buffy."

"Well, Buffy, I will proudly wield Volendrung, and remember your kindness with every skull it crushes."

I forced a crooked smile.

"Sit with me." Shobob led me to a bench under the shrine's shadow. "Every hopeful follower of Malacath strives to gain the favor of our Lord. I earned his blessing many years ago. My task was to help a young orc escape nearby Fort Crowhaven. She was a simple servant, and heavy with child at the time. Malacath did not take kindly to her being seduced by the Imperial noble that she worked for. Only some sort of foul magic could make a fine orcish woman lower herself to consort with a human."

He jerked a large thumb towards Mug and Ghorub. "These two lugs remain unblessed. They failed on more than one attempt to even locate where Drad kept the ogres. Tell me, Buffy, how did you do it?"

"Well," I began, "Lord Drad was pretty evasive, but the lady of the manor seemed quite anxious to sit and enjoy some girl talk over tea, strawberries and sweetrolls. Lady Drad told me of the hidden mine and even revealed where she and Lord Drad kept a key. Frankly, I don't think she liked the idea of enslaving ogres at all." I grinned slyly. "After dark, I slipped back into their estate and pinched the key."

Shobob glanced at the sulking Mug and Ghorub, and chuckled. "Well I guess that explains why those two didn't get very far. Perhaps Malacath realized this job called for a woman's touch." He then looked down at me appraisingly. "You're one third our size. Did you not encounter any of Drad's guards?"

"Not until I actually entered the mine," I replied. "Then, oh my yes! I know some illusion magic though, so I was able to convince them that they were the intruders, not me. See, one nice thing about being small is that I could cast my spell, then hide in a crevice between some rocks. I had to repeat that a couple times until only one wounded guard remained."

Shobob let both raised eyebrows ask his next question.

I glanced over my shoulder at Slayer in response.

The orc nodded his understanding, then a sparkle animated his eyes as he broke the brief silence. "Tell me about the ogres, Buffy."

"I used one of the guard's keys to open the holding cells and free them. Those were the first ogres I ever saw, Shobob, but I will never forget them. They're beautiful. Ogres are majestic, gray, gentle giants. I agree with Malacath - they should be free. Why, when I left, they were teaching the Drads how to farm."

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post May 12 2020, 03:14 AM
Post #1318

Mouth
Group Icon

@Acadian: That was a good read. Buffy has a way with words as she told the story on how she dealt with the guards. Knowing what impresses the audience nearly always works in the tellers favor.

But sometimes speaking before thinking can get you into big trouble in little china. The Jandaga also is prone to sticking his foot in his mouth at the most inopportune times. Fortunately the Ladies are there to lecture him on the errors of his ways. After saving his bacon of course.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 12 2020, 08:24 PM
Post #1319

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ May 7 2020, 04:45 PM) *

A hint: the first line in my posts contains the date I filed it and a brief description of the featured mods that I think most important. Hopefully this will aid me in remembering my adventure years from now.

I do this all the time too. I get sort of obsessed with stats mostly, and the in-game dates. It's because I there are times I like going back and reading old updates or stories. "Oh crap, she already had 35 assaults?" biggrin.gif

Strange though, as they attacked my Ladies the guards kept yelling at me “I’m on your side.”

Lol laugh.gif

Do you have Sutch in your game, macole? smile.gif If not, the mod I've got (Arthmoor, I think) goes right north of the Drad Estate.

Acadian Yah, I was gonna say. What's she gonna do with some gigantic weapon? Other than sell it down in Anvil. laugh.gif

That's really cool. So the ogres become guardians and workers of the Drads? Interesting. See, this is one of those side quests none of mine have ever done. Lady Saga for instance, has been renting one of their houses for years now, but has never done the official quest.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 12 2020, 08:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post May 13 2020, 03:18 AM
Post #1320

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 12 2020, 02:24 PM) *

Do you have Sutch in your game, macole? smile.gif If not, the mod I've got (Arthmoor, I think) goes right north of the Drad Estate.

No, I've never tried any of the Sutch mods. Both ImpeREAL Empire - Unique Cities - Sutch and Arthmoor's Sutch Village with the Sutch Unification Patch sound interesting. Not sure why I didn't include Sutch. I remembered that I considered adding it to the game when I started. Not having ever used a Sutch mod I was concerned about conflicts but I can't remember what my concern was.

QUOTE(Renee @ May 12 2020, 02:24 PM) *

That's really cool. So the ogres become guardians and workers of the Drads? Interesting. See, this is one of those side quests none of mine have ever done.

Not exactly. The worm has turn. The Ogres now hold the whip and the Drads now slave in the fields.

This post has been edited by macole: May 13 2020, 03:20 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 64 65 66 67 68 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:42 AM