Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V « < 23 24 25  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kraven Desselius: The Victory That Broke The Chains., The Best Techniques Are Passed On By the Survivors.
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 08:06 PM
Post #481

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter One-Hundred:
=Waking Up At Dirty Muriel's=

WOO HOO!!! Shavaash lives!!! I won't feel safe for any of them until they are standing on the shore in Cyrodiil though. That Captain has plenty of time on that trip he mapped out to betray them!

Awesome Write!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #482

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter One hundred And One:
=Lycus & Sabani=

Sabani shook his head.

Huh? Did the Thieves Guild steal Sabani's feminine body and replace it with a male one? laugh.gif

Again = This is what comes of that long delay after the slaughter. He could have killed Tivela then instead of waiting; and been clean away and on that ship before anyone knew or heard anything. His delay cost him big time, and has put everyone in danger. Urk! Gaaaaaah!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 9 2017, 09:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #483

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter One hundred And Two:
=Surrender=

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #484

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter One hundred And Three:
=Capital Crimes=

Oh, you never cease to amaze me! This is an Awesome little sidetrack!!!

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jun 27 2017, 10:22 AM) *

Acadian, since you mentioned you're not quite sure what's going on I thought I'd explain and get into a bit more detail. Forgive me for not offering an explanation earlier. Several chapters ago Shavaash was sneaking through Tivela's tower on the night of Lycus' transformation and he came across Languorwine. I may be wrong but perhaps you're not familiar with this poison because I don't think Buffy ever was part of the cultish Dark Brotherhood.

Here's a word about it by Vicente: "The blade has been coated with a rare poison called Languorwine. One drop in a normal human bloodstream will mimic the effects of death immediately."

The poison Glalian took from Lycus' satchel causes a deathlike symptom. There was a quest where a man named Francois Motierre owed a large sum to the criminal underworld who felt insulted at his inability to repay and wanted him dead. Long story short he faked his own death when a Dark Brotherhood assassin(the player) struck him with the poison blade in front of the criminal underworld enforcer, who believed Motierre was killed.

The scene I wrote is Glalian offering to "execute" Lycus publically in exchange for the location of Andrano's loot Lycus took with him as he teleported from the tower. Glalian was informed by the old man that Lycus was carrying goods. Lycus would "die" in front of the dark elf multitude, and later pay his due to the Legion captain who also hopes his victory in capturing the infamous Kraven will yield extra boons.

That is exactly what I figured was going on! And I remembered Shavaash seeing the Languorwine poison in Tivela's tower; and of course knew right away what it was and how it acted! Oh, this is such a sweet side story!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 10:47 PM
Post #485

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter One hundred And Four:
=Summary Execution=

WOO HOO!!! You never cease to amaze me with your ability to weave a plot from one twist to the other! I wonder how much Glalian will have to pay that man who ran out and stabbed Kraven? This is Awesome, you are a spectacular writer !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 11:08 PM
Post #486

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter One hundred And Five:
=The Walking Dead Man=

I'm surprised Kraven only gave him the 4,000; I really expected him to give him the original 6,000 he bargained for - I mean, the man saved his life and ensured he wouldn't be hounded the rest of his life by the Dark Elves.

(I also meant to say something several chapters ago, that I was kind of stunned they dressed up in Telvanni finery = and Imperial, Redguard, and Khajiit = not likely to not be noticed that way, they would have been better off going as paupers, no one notices paupers).

Anyway, loved this side step and Captain Glalian and his "Assassin," really nice little jaunt for us! I kept waiting to see if the "Assassin" was going to be Lashun, lol.

Awesome Write!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 9 2017, 11:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #487

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter One hundred And Six:
=As The Chains Are Broken=

*Sniff, Sniff* Awesome ending to a fantastic and amazingly well written story!!!! Now what happens? Do we get to see him arrive in Cyrodiil finally and find out what has happened to his parents in his absence?

And ... when does he meet Vera?

I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 9 2017, 11:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 10 2017, 01:51 AM
Post #488

Paladin
Group Icon

Sorry to hear about your puter troubles, DE, and hope you are able to get them sorted out. kvleft.gif

I love the serene, superbly crafted scene setting of your silt strider opening to this episode!

Wow, Nachael gave Lycus his curved sword – a CURVED sword! biggrin.gif

It's wonderful to realize that Shavaash and family are already safely on the ship!

I hope Nachael lives peacefully ever after in Hammerfell.

’Lycus embraced Nachael one last time. "Live free."
"Die well, my friend."

- - I’m so glad you used this famous line from the Scorpion King! Nachael has always reminded me of the Scorpion King’s large, dark and powerful friend. A fitting farewell for a pair of larger than life warriors. goodjob.gif

And as BB mentioned, very fitting to see reference to the saga’s title in use here.

Oh, and so nice to have mALX all caught up! smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot for November: Good morning, Stonefalls!
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 15 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #489

Master
Group Icon

BretonBlood: Yes they all made it! We had to have survivors, no? Nachael`s story is over but his teachings and memories will live on with Lycus. Lycus’ new life in Cyrodiil will be told. Soon. Very soon. Thanks BB! I appreciate it. Stay tuned for more!!

mALX: Oh my. That was a lot.

That curse on the knife was never brought out till Kraven met Lazare in Hircine's realm, was it? I'd have to go back and look, but - I absolutely never got the feeling Vera understood that knife would work in any way other than any other knife she could have grabbed.

And actually, I thought there might be something different about that blade due to how it came to her via Kraven and how Carterious reacted to it; but what that difference was never came out to the reader. (or to Vera). So I don't think she can be held responsible for its curse.

Also, I can't agree that she went too far killing Lazare with a knife she had no idea was cursed since Lazare was there to kill her = was in the act of trying to kill her when she killed him with that knife. It was her life or his, and she just won that fight.

So, how can she have gone too far, or have innocent blood on her hands? Self defense isn't consciously setting out to take a life, he lost his innocence when he hunted her like an animal. And wielding a knife that she has no idea was cursed by Hircine can't condemn her to the respoonsibility of the lives lost by it (imho).

It was actually mentioned by Carterious in Vera`s first story. But Vera did understand, to some degree, what the blade was capable of. Now regarding innocents is what came after; her contracts and quests. Her fighting Lazare was justified; damning his soul forever is a complicated detail.

I can’t thank you enough for writing all of that, and I promise to get back on you when this damn computer is fixed to clairify some details.

We do see him return to Cyrodiil, and we do find out about his parents. And regarding Vera, well, I have some nice surprises for you guys.

Thank you so much mALX, you’ve been such a great inspiration!

Acadian: Ha! I was expecting someone to make that joke. Hmm. With the many characters that did not make it, we rightfully feared for Shavaash and his family. But he made it, and not only that . . . he’s going to Cyrodiil too! That being said we can expect him in the final installment in Lycus’ story.

Nachael will have a quiet life in Hammerfell. Rest assured.

Yes, you mentioned that line many times before, and indeed the Scorpion King is one of my old time favorites. Had to include it 
Yes! mALX is indeed caught up!! This is great!

Acadian, thank you so much for your valuable feedback and help that is much appreciated.

Chapter One hundred And Seven:
=As The Chains Are Broken, Conclusion=

Lycus boarded the ship. It seemed an impossibility until now.

The events that transpired did so for a reason.

Lycus thought about that a lot. He thought about Elsavia. About everything she said to him.

And did for him.

He thought about Oblivion. About the weight of life.

Elsavia was right about so many things.

He was also was right about some things, including the nature of man. To survive in a harsh world, many must abandon the very thing that makes all of them human. Yes, he survived the Hunting Grounds, and slavery: because his enemies broke under the club of his monstrous ruthlessness.

He was not totally a monster.

If he became a total monster, he would be human no more.

Yet he did not despair.

He got lost fighting someone else's battles and the one within. He was fighting: only one enemy.

The dark elves were not his true enemies. Not really.

His enemy was power mistaken for justice.

His enemy was the desperation that justified atrocity.

A man's true enemy was the wilderness.

His enemy was the darkness itself: the strangling cloud of fear and despair and anguish that this life brought with it. That poisoned his reality. This is why his life will be different now.

The edge of dawn paled, brightened; stars winked away like dying sparks as the night faded away and dusty sunrise streaked the far sky. Yet steadfast the morning star rode in the heavens radiant and pure, set like crystal amid the still waters of eternity. Morning had already bloomed softly upon the rutted streets of Seyda Neen, the howling dog and the yelping guars at last were silent.

Somewhere behind him in the ship he heard a murmuration of voices; he could sense a presence at his back, he felt the approach of silent footfalls. He took his station at the edge of the ship, breathing deeply in the salty air. His breath was smoke, he shuddered in the cold newborn beauty of the world. The footsteps drew near, and then suddenly cease. A voice said: “Captain Rigel had your belongings taken below deck. He’s seemed satisfied with your payment. You know, I thought all was lost when you were declared dead.” And when he did not answer, the same voice whispered out to him: “But you’re here now with us. Nachael always dreamed about us being free.” He man looked at the scimitar. “He always wanted you to keep that sword.”

Lycus felt the love by the light of the clouds above. He felt the nearness of flowing waters, tumultuous waves, rushing winds. The Imperial said looked to his friend and embraced him: “This is a new beginning. For all of us.”

“All aboard!” another voice boomed, and by his command the ship later moved and sailed out from port and into the ocean to the warming grace of sunlight. The former voice, Shavaash's voice, said to him, "I never would have imagined this day would come."

"And yet it is here."

“I’m retiring to my quarters. Are you coming?” Shavaash asked.

“I’ll be there. Shortly.”

Lycus stood there and it was there that he had heard Elsavia’s peals of laughter, which now seemed eons ago. It was then that the tears finally spilled forth—tears which, beginning on the journey back to Cyrodiil, he had tried manfully to resist and could resist no longer, having kept them so bottled up that now, almost alarmingly, they drained out in warm rivulets down his face. It was, of course, the memory of Elsavia’s death that set loose this flood, but it was also a letting go of rage and sorrow for the many others who during these past months had battered at his mind and now demanded his mourning: Elsavia and Gwenabeth yes, but also Polish-His-Spear—El’cateez—and Thurek and Natessa, and those in the Hunting Grounds who were but a few of the beaten and butchered and betrayed and martyred children Tamriel. He did not weep for those who died in wars past or in present day—he was unprepared to weep for everyone—but he did weep for these others who in one way or another had become dear to him, and his sobs made an unashamed racket across the deck; then he had no more tears to shed, and steeled himself on legs that suddenly seemed strangely frail and rickety for a man over the age of twenty.

The Imperial moved to the edge, inhaling deeply the morning air. It tasted of smoke, of hot ash, and he flooded with swift shifting memories, too sweet to bear, of all recent happenings, of time past. He leaned against the edge of the ship, and gazed up at the morning star. And as he thought of Elsavia, the desire swelled within him and he was stirred by a longing so great that like those memories of time past and seemingly long-ago voices, flowing waters, rushing winds, it seemed more than his heart could abide. Her voice was close, familiar, real, and for an instant he mistook the wind against his ear, a gentle gust, for her breath, and he turned to seek her in the light. And now beyond his fear, beyond his fading dread and emptiness and rising hope, he felt the warmth flow into his body and his heart tingle with joy. He trembled and he searched for her face in his mind, seeking her young body, yearning for her—to embrace her—suddenly with a desire that racked him with a craving beyond hunger; with tender stroking motions he poured out his love as he caressed her hair in the image of his mind; she kissed him with a warm kiss—invisible and true—like . . . the wind. Lycus at last smiled as he gazed out to sea.

He felt as though his old life, which had come to an end one night in a blood-filled brawl at night in the Waterfront, had finally been restored to him. He still had questions, of course. The unknown was now his new reality, for he did not fully comprehend what his new life as a werewolf would bring. The future would yield many new mysteries, maybe even new dangers and fears, but the first step, the first new day, had arrived at last.

Four long years, he reflected. Four years of blood and death. Of untold suffering and pain. And finally, again the light.

Hope.

The darkness of man`s desire is strong, savage, and consuming—but in the heart of its power lies weakness: one lone candle was enough to keep it away. Hope was greater than a candle.

Hope could change reality. Hope could ignite the stars.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Aug 16 2017, 12:18 AM

--------------------
"Every human spends a night or two on the dark side and regrets it. But what if you only exist on the dark side? We just want the same things that you do: a chance at life, at love. And so we try and sometimes fail. But when you're something other, a monster, the consequences are worse. Much worse. You wake up from your nightmares. We don't."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 16 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #490

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter One hundred And Seven:
=As The Chains Are Broken, Conclusion=

Yes, I am so sorry it took so long! They finally came out with some new "text to speech" readers that I hadn't used up the free trials on - finally able to follow your story again!

This chapter felt like an unnecessary explanation of what he was feeling. We all were feeling it, having gone through so much with Kraven. I think his tears is the only part of this chapter that was needed to be heard, that maybe was unexpected. The whole story was too great to be condensed into one short chapter, it stood for itself. But his tears as he stood at the bow of the ship and saw Morrowind in the stern and Cyrodiil on the horizon = yeah, that definitely needed to be said. That was a perfect ending to the story in itself.

Awesome story!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 16 2017, 12:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 16 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #491

Paladin
Group Icon

Well done, my friend! Congratulations on joining the ranks of those who have fully completed a major fan fiction story – from beginning to end.

That said, I expect (and hope) this will not be the last we hear from Lycus.

I’d like to think that his tears, at least partially, washed away some of the pain and regrets over the choices he has made – some noble, some not so much. But in aggregate, Lycus’ choices are the reason he (and Shavaash) are finally sailing to freedom.

I’d like to think also that your dawn setting and launch of his ship symbolizes the promise of the new beginning that Lycus finds himself facing.

--------------------
Screenshot for November: Good morning, Stonefalls!
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 29 2017, 02:48 AM
Post #492

Master
Group Icon

mALX: Again no problem with the time. Take your time as you can. You can always read these at your leisure mALX wink.gif. Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps I do tend to go overboard in explanation, and should focus more on showing. Lycus went through tumultous times and finally can see the light. Thank you for your feedback(which I will get back to soon)!!

Acadian: Thank you, Acadian! I wouldn’t have gone this far without you guys!

This won`t be the last story, as you know. His last story is posted already.

Lycus’ tears are testament to his inner healing. He’s been a cynical, callous man since slavery and only now is he heading to his true path of redemption. He’ll remember what has happened. He will own up to his mistakes, but ultimately his pain will be taken care of as he takes time to meditate and meet new faces(and familiar old ones) that’ll take him to the right path to peace, even in a world like Tamriel.

Thanks Acadian!!

As we journey into a fresh dawn for Lycus and company, I`ll leave this summary of past events that not only happened to Lycus but to Vera as well, for reasons that are quite obvious. This is a short summary of a larger story told, for both old and new readers.

Since childhood, Kraven Desselius has known only the abuse of his hateful father and the dangerous, soul-crushing labor as a simple pauper. To pay for his father's debt, which threatened to engulf his mother and nearly cost them the farm, Kraven Desselius dreamt of the day he could save his family and gain enough septims—a day he feared may never come. But when a high-stakes card game ends in deadly violence, Desselius suddenly found himself in trouble.

Victim from vengeful and corrupt Imperial forces, Kraven vanishes from Cyrodiil after being sequestered, and is shipped out to unwillingly join the ranks of slaves in Morrowind under his new masters. There, Kraven's brutality, cunning, and exceptional desire to excel win him the renown as a warrior. But in the eyes of his watchful master, he is destined for a far greater role in the ultimate plan—if he could prove himself truly worthy. Should he serve his master faithfully after three years, The Slave would be given his freedom.

After discovering his freedom was just lie, Kraven opened a portal to the Hunting Grounds and is a caught in A Most Dangerous Game between predator and prey. Hounded by Hircine’s Huntsmen, Kraven and a group of mortal heavy-hitters must charge headlong into Oblivion, and not everyone is coming home. After ultimately dying in a daring battle against Lord Hircine and coming back as his hound, Kraven studied the secrets and skills of the beast at the feet of its greatest masters, and embraced his new bestial identity: Lycus. However the true test was yet to come. In order to gain acceptance into the ways of the beast one must fully surrender to lycanthropy through a trial by fire that Lycus, for all his unquenchable fury and lust for power, may not be strong enough to endure . . . especially since Daedric sport and murder run rampant among the disciples of Hircine, and utter ruthlessness alone is the key to survival.

Only by learning the most sacred traditions, accepting all he has been taught, and drawing upon the long-forgotten wisdom of the ancient hunters can Lycus hope to triumph—and forge from the ashes of that which he must destroy his elven slavemasters and from a sea of blood, rise unscathed.

Morrowind suffered a blow–the slaves’ successful retribution against Telvanni Master Bratheru Andrano, Lycus’ retaliatory command to exterminate the nobles during a grand party, and his massacre–has reached all quarters and the dark elves were aware that the tide, red with slaver blood, has turned suddenly against them.

When Lycus both narrowly elude and faced his execution through a dose of good fortune and proper negotiations, and found means to escape–he accomplished the Victory That Broke The Chains.
Now Lycus returns home after four years abroad and is eager to put his past behind him, but he’ll find that healing old wounds can be challenging and hated enemies perhaps aren’t what they were, and that he was destined to pass Through Hardships To The Stars.

Vera Castius:

Vera Castius’ childhood ended the night her mother died. After she left an asylum she was sent to, she spent years recovering in the Fighters Guild and trying to forget. But when her sister tracks her down to help find her missing uncle, Vera returns home to join the search. She learned that something with brute strength and insatiable bloodlust has been killing the villagers as well as her uncle, and that a suspicious hunter has come to investigate.

As Lady Castius pieces together the gory puzzle, she hears of an ancient curse that turns the afflicted into werewolves when the moons are full. Now, if she has any chance at ending the slaughter and protecting her sister, Vera must destroy the vicious creature that stalks the Great Forest. But as she hunted for the nightmarish beast, the simple woman with a tortured past uncovered a primal side to herself. . . one she never imagined existed. Upon discovering about the Lycanthrope Chronicles that dated back centuries in her bloodline, Vera Castius goes on a fateful journey that lead to the tragic end of her entire family, and the commencement of a new solitary life.

A lone wolf in the world, and putting her murderous instinct to its fullest potential, Vera adopts the moniker of The Huntress and spends several years as a mercenary and bounty hunter, amassing a substantial count of coin and kills as she travels throughout Tamriel in search for quests, contracts and to a larger extent, herself.
With coin on her mind, Blood Coin, Vera aids a criminal organization to the northern reaches of Skyrim.

During this, the scheming vampire lord Draken Decumus becomes concerned about the potential interference by the criminal organization, a vast and powerful group feared throughout Cyrodiil. Draken cannot allow anything or anyone to hinder his purpose, and so he asks the sellsword to eradicate his adversaries. When the tables turn against her, and her mortal employer is murdered, she is nearly raped and left for dead. Enraged at being left alone and defenseless, Vera survives against all odds and embarks on a vengeful pursuit of her ignominious betrayers in a quest of heroism and obsessive retribution and redemption through the frozen reaches of Skyrim, eager to once more return to Cyrodiil . . . Should she survive.

His new story can be found here.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Aug 29 2017, 02:48 AM

--------------------
"Every human spends a night or two on the dark side and regrets it. But what if you only exist on the dark side? We just want the same things that you do: a chance at life, at love. And so we try and sometimes fail. But when you're something other, a monster, the consequences are worse. Much worse. You wake up from your nightmares. We don't."
+Quote Post

25 Pages V « < 23 24 25
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 11:44 AM