213 Pages V « < 184 185 186 187 188 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
treydog
post Nov 5 2019, 01:25 AM
Post #3701

Master
Group Icon

For anyone looking for the "Dance Around in Your Bones" achievement.... (it isn't actually called that- Skeleton Sacking- I believe)

Two places in Deshaan are good- Corpse Garden (delve), as Acadian noted and Forgotten Crypts (public dungeon). So you can get 2 of your gold plunder skulls, plus points toward the skelly achievement in the one province.

Sorry to hear about the keyboard, mALX. I got Mrs. Treydog a (regular layout) backlit keyboard and she loves it. The color of the lighting can be changed, which can also be useful- (or just festive). If you want, I can certainly do some research and see if there is something more suited to your needs....

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 5 2019, 09:51 PM
Post #3702

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Nov 4 2019, 07:25 PM) *

For anyone looking for the "Dance Around in Your Bones" achievement.... (it isn't actually called that- Skeleton Sacking- I believe)

Two places in Deshaan are good- Corpse Garden (delve), as Acadian noted and Forgotten Crypts (public dungeon). So you can get 2 of your gold plunder skulls, plus points toward the skelly achievement in the one province.

Sorry to hear about the keyboard, mALX. I got Mrs. Treydog a (regular layout) backlit keyboard and she loves it. The color of the lighting can be changed, which can also be useful- (or just festive). If you want, I can certainly do some research and see if there is something more suited to your needs....

I am slowly getting used to the new key positions; but without the keys being lit I can't see the little icons on them to know what they do; and they have moved some of the keys to weird places (like on top of the num pad) so I have to hunt for them. That is the worst part; I think the new fingering positions will eventually work out.

Another problem with the keyboard and mouse both is that they are not built for gaming = no speedy responses; even after fiddling with the settings in the Control Panel. verysad.gif

At this point; unless Best Buy will let me exchange it, I'm stuck with it. It is def going to make a difference in my combat abilities; I ran Fungal Grotto last night to test it out and had terrible response time and no ability to spam keys for combat; it is very slow responding and klunky. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 6 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #3703

Councilor
Group Icon

Genuine randomness - I got the plan for a coffin lid from a Plunder skull last night. Those normally only come from Hew's Bane and from burglary of a specific house at that. Of course, a coffin without a lid is much more useful that a lid without a coffin, so maybe it's just poking me for not not having the coffin one. sad.gif

My crew are continuing to raise their crafting ranks, which means gathering skyshards for the skill points needed. Only Floozie and Bo - the two youngest - have a deficit now. Floozie needs a couple more Enchanting ranks, and Bo needs Alchemy. They probably have enough uncollected overground shards to cover their needs, but we do at least one delve a day for the skull, so it may as well be one with a skyshard. Heading for a Public Dugeon that has one is usually enough to trigger a mini-dolmen to save the trip, and make us look elsewhere for the shard. kvleft.gif

That all doesn't count Jewel Crafting, which is newer. Unna is getting all the jewelry to deconstruct, as it's her turn to raise that skill. Laurie is still waiting out her penultimate research, and has the piece in hand for the final one. That will take two months, as she didn't take the passive to speed it up. The others probably will do that, with a skill point re-spec taking them from the other crafts they finished. I haven't done a re-spec since they changed it - do you still get them all refunded, and have to re-allocate them all, or can you add/subtract these days?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 6 2019, 08:17 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 8 2019, 03:46 PM
Post #3704

Councilor
Group Icon

Bo's need for easy Skyshards took her to Summerset, where she hadn't gathered any on her tour to get the first level of Psijic. We must have found at least six Psijic portals while she was collecting the above-ground shards. We did one delve for the skull, and then had to swap out to Laurie to empty the bank, by grinding up the loot.

By the end of the evening though, she'd got top rank in Alchemy and Enchanting, which was the objective. Learning the potency runes that unlocked used up our last instance of three of them. Fortunately, it also takes her level beyond where anyone needs them for their dailies. She'd also discovered that she can't handle the Lamia WB on Hew's Bane solo, or even with one other player. The boss has an attack that one-shots her every time.

And on that subject, we keep running out of mudcrab chitin. There's an alchemy writ in the rotation that wants three of them turned in, and it's not something we habitually gather. A change of habits is called for here. Now everyone is at that level, it will happen more often, and there aren't any "rich mudcrab nodes" in the surveys.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 8 2019, 03:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2019, 04:32 PM
Post #3705

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 8 2019, 09:46 AM) *

*snip*
And on that subject, we keep running out of mudcrab chitin. There's an alchemy writ in the rotation that wants three of them turned in, and it's not something we habitually gather. A change of habits is called for here. Now everyone is at that level, it will happen more often, and there aren't any "rich mudcrab nodes" in the surveys.

Rich Mudcrab site = Ebonheart; that shoreline around the Argonian Village on the waterfront is loaded with them. That is my go to place for Mudcrab Chitin.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 8 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #3706

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 8 2019, 10:32 AM) *

*snip*

Rich Mudcrab site = Ebonheart; that shoreline around the Argonian Village on the waterfront is loaded with them. That is my go to place for Mudcrab Chitin.

Wherever I go, they drop leather, random loot - anything except chitin. kvright.gif

Is there a special way of hitting them that keeps the shells intact? tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2019, 06:06 PM
Post #3707

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 8 2019, 11:48 AM) *

*snip*

Wherever I go, they drop leather, random loot - anything except chitin. kvright.gif

laugh.gif "Only hit them while facing left and only while the sun is directly overhead..." rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 8 2019, 06:50 PM
Post #3708

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 8 2019, 12:06 PM) *

*snip*

laugh.gif "Only hit them while facing left and only while the sun is directly overhead..." rollinglaugh.gif

I was worried that it required a necromancer-only skill. mad.gif One you'd get arrested for using.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2019, 08:13 PM
Post #3709

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 8 2019, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 8 2019, 12:06 PM) *

*snip*

I was worried that it required a necromancer-only skill. mad.gif One you'd get arrested for using.

No way; lol. That Necromancer class just came out with the Northern Elsweyr launch; and people have been needing Mudcrab Chitin for Writs since the game first launched 5-6 years ago.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 8 2019, 08:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 9 2019, 12:39 AM
Post #3710

Mouth
Group Icon

Speaking of mudcrabs: Why are they so friendly in this game? Their descendants (horrible little creatures that I avoid whenever I can) are always so aggressive--unless they try to buy from you and sell you stuff. I actually kind of feel bad whenever I kill the small ones in ESO, usually because I unintentionally hit them.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 9 2019, 11:16 AM
Post #3711

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 9 2019, 12:39 AM) *
...whenever I kill the small ones in ESO, usually because I unintentionally hit them.

It might be because of this that they became more aggressive with time. laugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
treydog
post Nov 9 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #3712

Master
Group Icon

Perhaps it is the influence of Marooned Dragon?

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 9 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #3713

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 9 2019, 05:16 AM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 9 2019, 12:39 AM) *
...whenever I kill the small ones in ESO, usually because I unintentionally hit them.

It might be because of this that they became more aggressive with time. laugh.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

When I get a writ that calls for mudcrab chitin or violet coprinus, I just abandon it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 9 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #3714

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 8 2019, 06:39 PM) *

Speaking of mudcrabs: Why are they so friendly in this game? Their descendants (horrible little creatures that I avoid whenever I can) are always so aggressive--unless they try to buy from you and sell you stuff. I actually kind of feel bad whenever I kill the small ones in ESO, usually because I unintentionally hit them.

All the people hunting them for their Chitin made them be on the defensive so long that they finally ended up turning feral? laugh.gif

I was really pleasantly surprised about that. There are quite a few non=attacking animals in this game that get hunted for their meat or Alchemical residue. I hate killing anything that doesn't attack first; but I actually do break that rule for Mudcrabs, lol.

My day in Tamriel today = Pia soloed Fungal Grotto this morning! It was a horrible experience that I never want to repeat; but ... she did it!

I normally do my (5 Gold Plunder Skull run) between 1-2 a.m. when my friend from Australia is on; but twice this week I've been late getting online. The first time CheshireKhajiit was nice enough to join me in my "Dungeon" run through Fungal Grotto for the Gold Plunder Skull; but last night no one was online! (I mean = no one that I knew).

Even the Blue Crab World Boss was empty of Players to help get that World Boss Gold Plunder Skull; but after a loooooong wait I did manage to find one person who was willing to try it.

So I was trying to decide whether to cue up the "Group Finder" to do Fungal Grotto or just to park Pia in Fungal Grotto and wait for a friend to get online and beard them (which is what I did). While I was waiting; I thought I'd just try to see how far I could get her through it solo. So that is how it started.

I knew I could solo that first Boss; but never expected to be able to solo the War Chief = and truthfully he was harder than the Final Boss last night! (The Final Boss gives you breaks where you can rest up; but the War Chief is relentless!)

The fight with the War Chief lasted so long that my hands ached and I never thought it would end because she was able to completely block his biggest attacks and so her health stayed up; but his lifeline seemed to take forever to bring down solo! He was actually the toughest fight of the whole dungeon just because he gives absolutely no break to the Player when solo (whereas all the other Bosses actually do give the Player some respite).

She died once (and on one of the easier Bosses that I really expected to be no problem at all, lol). It was that Mudcrab that usually goes down so quick and easy! (since we were speaking of Mudcrabs, lol)

Her Magicka dropped to zero without me noticing = too intent on the combat. Without Magicka she couldn't cast either Healing or combat spells; and her staff was barely spitting a little tiny jolt. When I hit my "Q" to replenish my Health and Magicka; instead of the whoosh of Restorative Potion my Merchant popped out and asked if she could help me. Grrrr.

If I ran out of his reach, the darn Mudcrab would reset his full health; and likewise if she died he would also reset his full health; so = may as well die trying rather than give up. (and I knew Pia was going to die at that point).

So I tumbled away from him and circled around trying to buy myself a few seconds time to get some Health back; then Heavy Attacked him to get at least some of my Magicka back.

That just barely worked, but it was enough to get the Templar jabby thing working again = so when he attacked again I hit into him with everything I had (or rather Pia had) using that jabby thing.

She still died; but just as the room was going dark I saw that he died a split second after she did! When she resurrected; he was able to be looted; so she did get a Purple Plunder Skull from him! WOO HOO!

But by now I'm thinking that if that easier Boss was that tough = I'd never be able to take down the Final Boss. (but again; can't just give up without even trying). By that time my friend from Australia had logged onto Teamspeak; but was busy and not going to be able to come help me for a while; but she encouraged me to just try the Final Boss for a while until she could come help me = so I did.

So after a short break (to get my nerve up + repair Pia's armor and charge her weapons + for Pia to eat something) = Pia went in and aggro'd the Final Boss. She beat it her first try, and without dying!!!

Compared to the War Chief and Mud Crab; that fight went relatively easy! She (the Final Boss) had a bigger health line; but she gave little breaks to the Player to replenish = nice!

So = WOOOOOOOT !!!! And WHEW! !!!!! As exciting as it is to actually have done it = I NEVAH EVAH want to do that again!!!! It was an AWFUL experience!!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 9 2019, 07:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 9 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #3715

Paladin
Group Icon

'Grats to Pia, mALX. Nice job in FG1!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 10 2019, 05:37 AM
Post #3716

Councilor
Group Icon

Well done, mALX and Pia!! Congrats on your victory!!! I love that feeling of "let's just see how far we can go" that sometimes leads you all the way through.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 10 2019, 03:03 PM
Post #3717

Councilor
Group Icon

Of course, now we'll be reluctant to join you and spoil the sense of achievement you could get. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 10 2019, 04:51 PM
Post #3718

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Nov 9 2019, 09:33 AM) *

Perhaps it is the influence of Marooned Dragon?

ROFL !!!!! Oh, I so remember that from the old forums!!!

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 9 2019, 11:37 PM) *

Well done, mALX and Pia!! Congrats on your victory!!! I love that feeling of "let's just see how far we can go" that sometimes leads you all the way through.

Yes, and each victory is a cross between "HOLY COW!" and "WHEW!"

It felt really good for a few minutes; but more than anything it felt like I never wanted to go through all that ever again, lol. Last night I was SO happy my friend Aussie (from TESAlliance) was able to join me for the run again!!! Whew!!! I don't know how on Nirn Acadian and Buffy do this every day in a bunch of different dungeons!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 10 2019, 05:07 PM
Post #3719

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 10 2019, 09:03 AM) *

Of course, now we'll be reluctant to join you and spoil the sense of achievement you could get. biggrin.gif

Oh no, screw any more sense of Achievement! ... I mean: It was a half hour of horror instead of a fifteen minute romp with a friend, lol. I'll take the romp any day over that!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 10 2019, 05:09 PM
Post #3720

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 10 2019, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 9 2019, 11:37 PM) *

Yes, and each victory is a cross between "HOLY COW!" and "WHEW!"

It felt really good for a few minutes; but more than anything it felt like I never wanted to go through all that ever again, lol. Last night I was SO happy my friend Aussie (from TESAlliance) was able to join me for the run again!!! Whew!!! I don't know how on Nirn Acadian and Buffy do this every day in a bunch of different dungeons!!!!!

A thousand times yes!! I have had to scrape my fingers against the table to release the controller from my frozen clutches after Jerric drags me through hell. laugh.gif Blessings upon guildies, friends, and random friendlies who will group up for battles!

Jerric pointed out that there are a bunch of open character slots on my Evergreen/Valdi account, so I've created a couple of bankers. Taking wagers on how long it will be before they start to demand adventures. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 184 185 186 187 188 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:27 AM