Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is Human II- Playground 9, That time again....
Lord Revan
post Apr 9 2007, 02:51 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

The previous one.

Let's continue the show (even though there are fewer of us now than when we started....)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 9 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root.

Green-Root had not looked towards Ian yet. He knew he was taking a risk, but keeping his eyes on one vampire was hard enough already. Right now, the Vampire was trying to push Rann to the ground with his vampiric strenght.
,,Let's see how well you fight without that cursed blade!" The Argonian hissed and stabbed directly at the longsword which was locked with Rann's blade. Just before the two weapons collided, he called upon the power hidden within his spear and watched how it began to change its shape, turning into lethal Daedric.

The demonic tip crashed through the longsword as if the steel was mere paper. The blade flew away into the bushes somewhere, leaving the vampire with only the hilt. Green-Root made use of the surprise by swinging his spear down and cutting into the vampire's leg.
,,Now, Rann! Take that thing down!"

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 9 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

Patholos, in the fray

Patholos worried about the noises he kept hearing. It sounded like shouting, and every now and then he heard a sick squishing sound, accompanied by a cry of pain. Patholos crept out from the underbrush and saw a vampire fighting vampires. Patholos then realized that the lone vampire was Ian, the vampire he had met earlier. Patholos observed the wounds that Ian had sustained, and was about to help, when he remebered that he was weak and not a fighter. Patholos then made up his mind.

Yelling anything that came to his mind, Patholos jumped from the bushes and ran right through the fight, yelling and screaming. He jumped and danced and hollered, then sat down on a rock, a few meters away.

"Come on you scum, come get some dinner!" Patholos yelled with his back turned to the undead. Hopefully I can draw their attention away from Ian so he can heal up or help the others...., Patholos thought. Here goes.....

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 9 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Apr 9 2007, 04:51 AM) *

Green-Root.

Green-Root had not looked towards Ian yet. He knew he was taking a risk, but keeping his eyes on one vampire was hard enough already. Right now, the Vampire was trying to push Rann to the ground with his vampiric strenght.
,,Let's see how well you fight without that cursed blade!" The Argonian hissed and stabbed directly at the longsword which was locked with Rann's blade. Just before the two weapons collided, he called upon the power hidden within his spear and watched how it began to change its shape, turning into lethal Daedric.

The demonic tip crashed through the longsword as if the steel was mere paper. The blade flew away into the bushes somewhere, leaving the vampire with only the hilt. Green-Root made use of the surprise by swinging his spear down and cutting into the vampire's leg.
,,Now, Rann! Take that thing down!"

Rann

The vampire stumbled a bit as he cried out in agony, still clutching his broken sword. Rann took the opportunity to slash his opponents midsection, spilling undead entrails onto the ground.

The vampire fell on its knees, clutching his stomach.

Rann kicked the vampire to the ground and finished his grim deed by driving his katana through the vampire's heart.

"You can handle this one, right?" he asked Green-Root, referring to the remaining vampire. He didn't wait for a reply, as he assumed the answer was yes, and ran towards the place where Ian lay. Ian's attackers were running towards Patholos, not noticing him.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 10 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Patholos, being pursued

Patholos was relieved that the vampires had chosen to pursue himself instead of Ian. Patholos decided that the undead he was facing were much too much for his combative skill. Patholos then had an idea. He took off runnning towards his enchanted area of the woods. It looked as if one of the vampires was going to follow him and the rest were going to stay prowling around by Ian. It looked as if they were going to use wounded Ian as bait to kill the rest of the group. With a shrug, Patholos quaffed an invisibility potion that he had been saving for months. Light began to bend around him as he stalked around behind the vampire that had followed him into the woods. The vampire called out, "I know where you are, I can smell your pulse..." The vampire licked his lips and started to sniff. Patholos, deciding to act quickly and return to the fight, readied his dagger and threw it with practiced deadliness. The last thing that vampire saw was a bright green blade protruding from its chest. The vampire began to die, and Patholos strode over and kissed the creature on the forehead.

"Say hello to the Dread Father, Creature of Sithis!" And then Patholos violently snapped its neck.

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 10 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root.

,,I was going to say no." Green-Root grumbled but Rann had already left. The Vampire glared at him hatefully. The Argonian bared his teeth in return.
,,I'm sure you've seen Daedric before. Know what it does? It cuts you in two like knife through butter." He hissed with more confidence than he actually felt.

The vampire glanced at the rising sun, then back at Green-Root.
,,Enjoy the day, lizard! It could be your last. Next time we meet, I'll drink your blood." He threatened and vanished. Green-Root set down his spear beside him and shrugged.
,,If you're so sure of your victory, you wouldn't run now. Bad bluffing on your part, good bluffing on mine."

Flint Ironwood.

,,Now that was a nice chap, especially for an Orc. Restore Magicka, restore fatigue and several healing potions. They taste bad, but I sure can't complain about the results." Flint thought happily. In the distance, he could make out the lights of Chorrol, steadily growing closer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 10 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann knelt beside Ian and shook him gently, trying to wake him up.

"Ian, are you alright? Get up."

He also kept an eye on the vampire that was on the ground beside Ian. It obviously wasn't dead, but it's flesh was sizzling in the sunlight. He kept trying to wake Ian, all the while wondering what the point of attacking the vampires had been when there may have been a chance of Akavirian loot.

In order to make this worth it, this vampire here had better have some damn good information.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Apr 10 2007, 07:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 11 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

Patholos, emerging from the forest

Patholos watched as the body of the recent adversary began to turn to ash. Patholos removed his dagger from the burning corpse and noticed a satchel around the waist of the burning body. Patholos removed it and started to search through it. He found bits and pieces of goblins. They must be feeding on anything they can get their hands on, Patholos said. He searched around a bit more and uncovered a secret pouch in the sack. He found three small vials. Uncorking the vials, he smelled the metallic smell of blood. Laughing quietly, he put the vials in the sack and walked back to the clearing where the fight had occurred.

When Patholos arrived, he found Rann crouched over Ian and Patholos worried.
"It seems that the vampires were willingly starving themselves to gain an edge in battle," Patholos said. He tossed the satchel to the ground. "In there is human blood, or what i think is human blood," Patholos said without pause, then hurriedly said, "I want you to save that man, Dunmer, save him." Patholos stared at Ian with those pupiless eyes, and he bent down and laid a hand on Ian's chest.

--------------------

- Ivan Turgenev

- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 12 2007, 12:54 AM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann quickly went through the satchel and came out with two vials of blood. He propped the unconscious Ian up and pulled the cork from the vial of blood with his teeth.

"Wake up and drink it," he said, waving the bottle in his face, hoping the smell would wake him. He didn't think he could make an unconscious person swallow, but if Ian didn't come to soon, he was willing to try.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Apr 12 2007, 03:26 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Ian, waking up

His senses returned as the acrid smell of blood rann down his nose. Ian blinked his glazed red eyes. It took several moments before the haze cleared up enough to to realize Rann was waving a vial of blood in his face.

Ian lifted a shaky hand to grasp the bottle of precious life giving fluid. His nearly gagged as it washed down his throat. He muttered, "Nice to see you went through the trouble to get fresh blood...." Ian tried to lift himself up, but the gash down his back stopped him.

"I.... I don't think I can walk, how bad is the wound?"
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 12 2007, 03:31 AM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann glanced around Ian's back to take a look at the wound. "Uh...let's not talk about that."

"Here, drink another, I hear it helps your kind," he said, handing Ian the next bottle of blood, already uncorked for him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Apr 12 2007, 04:13 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Ian

Drinking the other bottle, clarity began to return to him. Ian now registered a dull throbbing pain along his back. Ignoring the discomfort, he looked around, noting Patholos and Green-Root. "It would seem I made a grave error in judgement." The vampire muttered dryly.

"Well, if the Quarra act outside of combat the same way the do inside, they'll be too proud to confess fighting and dying against us to their master. At least for the moment...." Color returned to his face, and he moved without shaking as dramaticly.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 12 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Patholos, with the group

"Ian, Rann, Green-root, I might be mistaken, but aren't vampires severly alergic to the sun? Ian, we better move to the treeline or that cave Green-Root was in, else you might become ash." Patholos stared off at the horizon, now looming up over the rolling hills. "Haste is of utter importance I fear...."

--------------------

- Ivan Turgenev

- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 12 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root.

The Argonian bent down and reached for Ian.
,,I don't suggest the cave. It just happens to be right in the middle of that army and so I don't think it would be ideal as a hiding place. Think you can stand with our help? We'll get you back to camp."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 12 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"You two take him back," he said, "I'm going to try to make this trip worth something."

He still didn't get why they attacked the vampires, and he figured the others were going to get to work interrogating the unconscious, but still very alive, vampire that Ian had been fighting, so he took it upon himself to fulfill their original plan; get some good loot.

"I'll be back soon; don't forget that one," he said, pointing to the sizzling vampire.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Apr 13 2007, 01:01 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

With dawn shortly approaching, Flogir decided to prepare the camp for travel, or in other words, he was taking it down. After a cold breakfast he began rolling up sleeping bags and dismantling temporary shelters.

Stuffing the last article into his pack, Flogir stared up at the sky. A slight pang of doubt struck him. Why aren't they back yet? he thought. Did they run into any trouble? Were they caputured?

Curiosity got the better of him. "I'll be back shortly, don't follow me," he told the others still around before heading in the last direction he saw Rann's party go off.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 13 2007, 02:11 AM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

Patholos, with Green-Root and Ian

Patholos stared at Green-Root and Ian. He thought to himself, "They can get back to camp, I should take this prisoner." He then said to the pair, "You to go on ahead, I take this one back myself. There are methods my Brotherhood taught me that some people might not deem, how you say, humane? Leastwise, I might need another Drain Fatigue Potion, if she decides that she has the courage to get up."

Waiting for a response, Patholos noticed the vampire stir, and he quickly bound the vampire with his rope belt. "I don't believe this will hold her, does anyone know some sort of Calm Humanoid Spell that would "keep her quiet" for the trip?"

As he said the last bit to the pair, Patholos bent down and whispered in the female undead's ear.
"Do you still feel pain, Creature? Are there still feeling under that dead flesh?" With the last word he bit the cheek of the vampire, causing her to cry out in pain. Patholos laughed a sadistic, evil laugh and then said,
"Ha! You taste better than the last one!" Turning away from the vampire, Patholos smiled. He knew he was in the female vampire's head, and he could feel fear coming from the vampire.

--------------------

- Ivan Turgenev

- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 13 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann stuck around long enough to see Patholos begin his gruesome work on the female vampire. It lessesned his already low opinion of the Dark Brotherhood assassin. He didn't stop him though, and hoped he wasn't just as bad for it.

"I'll be back," he reiterated, but it carried a second meaning this time; he had a score to settle with Patholos.

He began walking towards the mass of snake people, unsure of how he was to get in and steal something, but he was determined to try nonetheless. He didn't understand why, though, as he had earlier been against the idea.

Maybe I just want some kind of gain from all this. All we've got so far is a wounded Ian.

He hadn't walked far before he saw Flogir out of the corner of his eye, heading towards Ian, Green-Root, and Patholos.

Hopefully Flogir's reason will slow down Patholos's madness.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Apr 13 2007, 03:33 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Ian

"I think I can walk, I'll just need someone to take the pressure off my back." He watched Rann depart, picking up his hidden meaning. It's unnecessary, but someone needs to to show Patholos the length of his leash.....

While Ian didn't see Patholos as treacherous, it was clear to all how unstable the priest appeared. As both Dunmer went their seprate ways for the time being, he noticed he was left with Green-Root. The agent didn't feel entirely comfortable around the killer who was motivated mostly by self-interest, but as he saw it, the Argonian was better companion to be alone with then Patholos.

Flogir's presence was only known to him when Ian heard the Nord's boots thump across the dusty ground. Finally someone who isn't a potential danger, Ian thought to himself.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Apr 13 2007, 04:02 AM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 13 2007, 04:24 AM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann stuck to the treeline as he walked on for less than a minute, staying invisible to the thousands of eyes of snake-men. He stopped focusing on finding a way in for two reasons. One, it was impossible to do without dying in a matter of seconds, and two, his mind was on Patholos and his treatment of the vampire. The image of Patholos biting the woman's cheek ran through his head.

I can't leave it up to Flogir.

He immediately turned back, knowing his conscience wouldn't allow him otherwise. Advancing on Patholos without a word to anyone, he interrupted the 'inhumane' interrogation by putting his blade to Patholos's throat.

"Give me a reason not to kill you right now."

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:35 PM